Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (37039 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Sexylogan is a Doctor pained by the recent sack of his colleagues thus digging deep into the past of the ministers just to discredit him.
You might die from this hate oo grin

If he was corrupt and charged with such allegations how. Comes we never heard about it until now?
Enemies of progress @work grin
Abegi Ebola must go and all doctors sacked will remain unemployed for a long time.
Shisssh grin

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obioha84: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2014
Well it will interest the poster and the readers that Prof Chukwu (my lecturer btw) on completion of his second tenure as CMD of the defunct EBSUTH was given the appointment of DEPUTY PROVOST OF THE MEDICAL COLLEGE, in a university still owned by the same Ebonyi state govt!

So he wasnt relieved of his duties he completed 2 tenures and was given another honorable office!

8 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by juman(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Really?
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by galadima77(m): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2014
emmydeep: My friend, posting things like this will never help you.

Doctor Onyebuchi was never indicted in the investigation. The people that was found guilty was later arrested and tried in court.

Please, correct yourself and get some education.

despite the level of degradation, I know d FG would have done its assignment of screening a candidate for such position.
like someone rightly pointed out, pls stop drying ur dirty linens in public.... d entire world can't take us serious.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by sarutobie(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2014
wayne4loan: Jona-DAFT has striked again
Illiterate. .calling a president of a country daft when you can't make a correct sentence of five words? Daft indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ede1(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Its high time we the youth of this country stand up and define our mother land from these set of wolfs that will not stop to milk our common matrimony. Irrespective of tribe, region and religion. let us have one vioce and say NO to any ELEMENT OF CORRUPTION IN OUR LAND. With this NIGERIA will be great again.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ElFenomeno1: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2014
ephemm: This is pure nonsense!!!

As much I will not support any corrupt practice, I will still say bringing up this issue at this time is "stupid".

Whoever dug this up and is bringing it out at this time is not wise and does not love this nation.

The minister was screened by the senate I guess, why didn't you bring this up then?, We could have stop the thief then.

I guess you tried to blackmail him with this info now and he did not fall for you, or maybe you just sympathize with the "gluttonous" NMA strike action.

You are a mo//ron..... A full blown mor//on!

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by FreshKatFish: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2014
In as much as we are all against corruption and the betterment of Nigeria, we should be VERY careful the kind of things we say, especially on social media. Whoever is putting you up to this, making you post things like this is pushing you to something terrible. We Nigerians are fond of judging our leaders based on here-says even without personally confirming the news.

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu was NEVER found responsible for the crime he was "accused" of... In any organization, the head would have to be removed or resign in cases of corruption. If whoever put you up to this was being honest, he would tell you that after he was found innocent, he was called back but he refused to go, HENCE the State Governor picking him as a Ministerial Nominee which he was later appointed as a minister of Health.

If only you can open your eyes and see that this man HAS ACTUALLY DONE A GREAT JOB, far better than most Health Ministers Nigeria has ever had. Most of the Ministers that were appointed together with him are no longer on seat, but he still is.

Unfortunately, NMA still has issues with the Federal Government, but that shouldn't warrant the digging up of this trash. Please ALWAYS get your facts right before you post anything.

And BTW, the recent sack of Resident Doctors WAS NEVER the Minister's doing, he wasn't even aware of this as he was not even around when that happened, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. This is from a VERY reliable source, TRUST ME!! GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

7 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by omogidi234(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Please ask doctors at the said Hospital, whether he was the CMD at the year under discussion and whether he was sacked. It is after then you can come and take side. Also if he has been cleared. It is not yet time to abuse.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by chookudi(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Whether he was indicted or not is not the point. The point is must sentiments/ego/pride always dictate our appointments? When the late Dora was being rumoured to be the incoming Health Minister after her NAFDAC days were over, NMA blatantly refused accepting this claiming the post was their birthright. Now their own "son" unfortunately is proving to be their nemesis..In summary, let your track records do the talking!!!

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by FreshKatFish: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2014
In as much as I am a Doctor, and under NMA, I wouldn't support wrong posts such as this. The Minister was NEVER indicted, NEVER. That man is a good man, who knows his job, so let's be honest for once and stop people from posting such useless, back-dated and unconfirmed news.

Tell your sources that Prof Chukwu, on completion of his second tenure as CMD of the defunct EBSUTH was given the appointment of DEPUTY PROVOST OF THE MEDICAL COLLEGE, in a university still owned by the same Ebonyi state govt!

So he wasn't relieved of his duties he completed 2 tenures and was given another honorable office.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT and stop using the social media as a means to blab nonsense!

The man is working, focus on that.

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2014
hotmolo: D post says he was relieved for proper investigation to b carried out not dat he was found guilty nd sacked. Its normal for heads of organisations to b removed or resign in order not to interfer in an investigation. So long as he wasn't indicted, I see no issue here

The fact that he wasn't recalled means he was found guilty. Use your brain now

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Ela59: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2014
adanduka: The post doesn't say he was sacked for fraud.
Are you trying to change the headline"The CMD was sacked" don't be clouded with sentiment. No one is holy. Sentiment destroy the ability to think wise. You can't earn from what he stole.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by kenlash1(m): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2014
When he was helping d doctors suppress other health practitioner he was a saint , nw d tide has turned he is a thief. He has always bn a thief , we all knew but who fights a doctor fights NMA. Didn't d NMA knw he was relieved for corruption charges before his appointment? He is not only a thief to u guy but also a traitor,

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
rightym: I see aw few share ur view and de country is progressing.

I don't kn wen we Nigerian will seat and reason for ourselves without being used by our greedy and self centered politicians.

Question: did he just become minister yesterday? Y ve dey not said this b4 now.
Y is it coming out now DAT our hearthles resident doctors are sacked.

Pls sit down a reason and stop being made to reason negatively by politicians.

In summary, your argument is that he is being witch hunted or blackmailed by the sacked doctors or whoever and therefore even if he is guilty, he should be TOLERATED and FORGIVEN because the allegations against him has a political undertone.

Sadly, a lot of Nigerians share your ideology and that is exactly why our leaders will continue to steal with impunity; they know their followers will definitely defend them even with the most ridiculous excuses. Unfortunately these ridiculous excuses do not seem ridiculous to most Nigerians. Several people on this thread have insinuated the same NMA blackmail and the basis of their argument being, "why is it now that they have decided to raise this issue?"

Now my own ideology is simple, a thief is a thief and when a suspect is caught, the ONLY question that should be asked is "did he really steal or not." It shouldn't be the business of the law why the key witness decides to come forward with a statement only now. The political or religious or ethnic or economic reason responsible for the case being resurrected now should be inconsequential and the only thing which matters should be "did he really steal or not; that is how things work in developed nations.. There should be zero tolerance for corruption irrespective of individual affiliations

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by FreshKatFish: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

The fact that he wasn't recalled means he was found guilty. Use your brain now

He was recalled but turned it down!! You should be the one to use your brain!!

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish: In as much as I am a Doctor, and under NMA, I wouldn't support wrong posts such as this. The Minister was NEVER indicted, NEVER. That man is az good man, who knows his job, so let's be honest for once and stop people from posting such useless, back-dated and unconfirmed news.

Tell your sources that Prof Chukwu, on completion of his second tenure as CMD of the defunct EBSUTH was given the appointment of DEPUTY PROVOST OF THE MEDICAL COLLEGE, in a university still owned by the same Ebonyi state govt!

So he wasn't relieved of his duties he completed 2 tenures and was given another honorable office.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT and stop using the social media as a means to blab nonsense!

The man is working, focus on that.

Stop deceiving yourself. If he is working, why are medical doctors still on strike?

When Ebola was ravaging West africa just before the world cup why didn't they take proactive measures knowing fully well that Nigeria is the most populous nation in West Africa and our citizens love travelling a lot.

Now they are struggling to contain the Virus when they had all the time in the world to prevent it.

If you say you're a doctor and you're defending him, then I believe you are part of his cabinet and you guys have failed woefully

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by pen2(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
sexylogan: Only in Nigeria

Category:News | Date:2008-09-20

N36m fraud hits Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital, CMD sacked

The Ebonyi State government has uncovered fraud to the tune of N36 million at the state University Teaching Hospital, causing the State Government to sack the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu.

The Nation gathered that the fraud was padded up in the allowances and arrears to be paid to resident doctors, when government demanded for vouchers to be prepared for the payment of resident doctors’ accumulated allowances and arrears.

Sources revealed that there was additional N36 million naira to the total sum of N200 million, which was the actual amount that was supposed to be the accumulated wage bill causing the state government to suspect that the hospital management did not provide the actual figure for the payment of the allowances and arrears.

In its efforts to carryout investigation into the matter, the State Government decided to relieve the Chief Medical Director, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu, of his position for what source described as "genuine investigation of the fraud."

This development, a source said, led to the indefinite industrial action embarked upon by the resident doctors in the state teaching hospital.

A new Chief Medical Director has been appointed. He is Dr. Ekuma Aja, a renowned consultant surgeon and retired rear admiral of the Nigeria Navy.

Hospital sources noted that the new CMD faced a herculian task in his new duty as a lot of needless actions were taken by the CMD in terms of victimization of some medical personnel on tribal grounds.

Reacting to the matter, a public analyst in the state, Mr. George Nwankwo, called on the State Government to establish a general hospital in Abakaliki metropolis, stressing that the absence of a general hospital has made lifre difficult for the people.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=63338

The story of Nigeria; people of questionable character and integrity in high places. *smh*
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by FreshKatFish: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2014
kenlash1: When he was helping d doctors suppress other health practitioner he was a saint , nw d tide has turned he is a thief. He has always bn a thief , we all knew but who fights a doctor fights NMA. Didn't d NMA knw he was relieved for corruption charges before his appointment? He is not only a thief to u guy but also a traitor,

Your stupidity wouldn't let you get your facts right!!!

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan has been known to romance corruption. I am not surprise.... Jonathan is running a government of fraud

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish:

It seems you're his brother cause you seem to know a lot about him. So because you said it now, I should believe you. What's your source?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
dontalk:

What a smear propaganda, Nigerians ? Only Prof Chukwu since 2008? Simply because he can't accede to 100% demand from NBA? Op, as a good historian, kindly also excavate & furnish us with accounts of political & non-political office holders since 2008 so we can compare them side by side.
A simple question..
If it is not possible to excavate & furnish us with accounts of political & non-political office holders since 2008 as you suggest in your post, are you suggesting that the minister should therefore be TOLERATED and FORGIVEN and totally left of the hook (even if he's actually guilty)?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish:

It seems you're his brother cos you seem to know a lot about him. What is your source?

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by GEJOfficial: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerians...quick to criticize

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by FreshKatFish: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

Stop deceiving yourself. If he is working, why are medical doctors still on strike?

When Ebola was ravaging West africa just before the world cup why didn't they take proactive measures knowing fully well that Nigeria is the most populous nation in West Africa and our citizens love travelling a lot.

Now they are struggling to contain the Virus when they had all the time in the world to prevent it.

If you say you're a doctor and you're defending him, then I believe you are part of his cabinet and you guys have failed woefully

Ofcourse, anyone supporting the truth would be part of his cabinet. If you actually know what you are talking about, then you would know why doctors are still on strike, then know how many percentage of us are actually in support of the strike. Do you think Doctors enjoy being on strike? When we could be out there helping our people. We are under a body, whether we like it or not, we will have to do what they feel is good for us as they represent us. We swore an oath and that is the important thing.
Secondly, that the Federal Government couldn't take measures to ensure that Ebola never came into the country shouldn't come as surprise to you. You know fully well the kind of country we are in, and the protocols and procedures it would take to initiate such. Well, that happened, it is now in the past, and they are doing a very good job to contain it now and are not struggling like you think. Try and be a tad supportive of your government, and not saying they've failed.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by sexylogan(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
[
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by sarutobie(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Unless one was born yesterday in this country or he/she is just being mischievous will one believe this cheap shot below the belt..

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1: lies
You should imagine western media when they are bent on ruining careers of Ministers of Igbo origin.
For all we know. Tinubu is a legendary looter.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Sorry but you just supported corruption with this post.
and who takes the crown of corruption away from Tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
caseless: And sincere9gerian said jonathan is not corrupt. Show ur friends cabinet members and i wil tel u who u are.
show me leaders of apc and i will describe their intentions.
Legendary looter in person of tinubu and anti-democracy in person of buhari.

Western propaganda crap!!!
GEJ Till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Elle780(f): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
I have read all d comment on d thread. Everybody is clamoring 4 a change.we all knw 9ja is corrupt, and is really affecting d common man.
OP, what do u want us to do?
If u hv enough evidence to nail d health minister den go to court. We go support u make noise.
LAST BULLET: na only talk we sabi talk no ACTION. Am sick nd tired of discussing my country's failure yet no improvement. Corruption keeps recycling. Poor man no get mouth 4 9ja. Der is corruption everywhere lets start wit oursef b4 we accuse GOVERNMENT
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by kenlash1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
FreshKatFish:

Your stupidity wouldn't let you get your facts right!!!
u reek of foolishness, draw up point nd let's discuss instead of u throwing tantrums, where was all dis allegations ? Nw cos he doesn't support d strike , u nw bring dis story up.
NB I'm not in support of d minister. But for d NMA to bring dis up nw shows aw desperate they are . And we knw dis article was supported by d NMA. Go get a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Man Loses Three Fingers While Handling Fireworks (banger)(graphic Pics) / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.