Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (37043 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by fineworker24(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: SouthLeast and Fraud
Bigoat
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
dontalk:

No. You rather prove from the post that he was convicted or found guilty.
the burden of proof is on you, he was sacked because of wht Op raised, give us a report that investigted and cleared him of the fraud.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by komek(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon: When non-sentimental people like me criticize Jonathan, they say we are too tough, we are not patriotic we are this and that.

Can anyone explain why a good number of Jonathan's aides/political allies have one corruption charge or the other attached to their names?

The reason is because the nature of the country has made it so. Every Nigerian including u and ur parents have one corruption charges or the other because the society in which we found ourselfs made it so. If this same Onyebuchi serves the govt for 35yrs and comes back without a roof over his head, same u (a sub system of the society) will ask what did he do for the past 35yrs. I am not supporting the evil of corruption, rather I am trying to ansa ur question.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by dontalk: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala:
..but your statements indirectly suggest that if all others can't be brought to book at the same time, then the single one caught should be given some slack

So be it. As this post is a mere allegation, it's just a smear campaign, my conclusion . War against corruption should be holistic.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ephemm(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala:
In Nigeria, if the president goofs and you complain, You must be APC (even if you are a foreigner, you must have been bought by APC) undecided
If fashola or tinubu goofs and you complain, then you must be PDP.. undecided
Now it is doctors vs FG. If you criticize the health minister (irrespective of what the criticism is about), you must be a doctor undecided

The childish mentality of Nigerian politics stinks...
@ephemm: Not everyone is silly enough to play your petty games. Please leave me out of it

Sorry Doctor, I am neither APC nor PDP, but I bet you are a Doctor and you are very angry atm

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
obailala: First of all, it can be argued that he wasn't indicted after investigations were concluded (this we all know would be the eventual outcome of this expose).

Secondly it is not news that the entire public service in Nigeria reeks of corruption, so why should anyone be surprised at this expose.

Thirdly, I see no need to raise up this dusted issue by whoever because going by the antecedents of GEJ (and other Nigeria leaders inclusive), it is not news that the man GEJ has an uncommon affinity for corrupt/indicted individuals and even if this case is revisited properly and it turns out the health minister is a corrupt rogue, I can bet my last dime (and even my life) that he would be personally defended by his amiable oga at the top..

Now being defended by his oga on top may not be my greatest concern. My greatest worry is that if there is a social media uproar based on this case, some myopic brothers of mine from the east would begin a counter online campaign in his support claiming he's being persecuted because he's from a certain region of the country... The sad thing is that these set of misguided individuals fail to realise that their relatives are the direct victims of such malpractices especially as it is the health sector.
Like Chukwu Sanusi Lamido was relieved of his duties at the CBN for corruption.
Like Chukwu Sanusi Lamido was not convicted by any court of law but wasn't asked to return to his post.
Like the Igbo are defending him like you said, the Yoruba, Hausa and opposition party members have always rose in stout defence of Lamido Sanusi.

So you see not only the Igbo are guilty of what you wrote, it's a Nigerian thing.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
hotmolo: D post says he was relieved for proper investigation to b carried out not dat he was found guilty nd sacked. Its normal for heads of organisations to b removed or resign in order not to interfer in an investigation. So long as he wasn't indicted, I see no issue here
This just portrays the present state of our educational system in Nigeria. English comprehension skills is next to zero.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by mcino: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Since doctors are this corrupt, they should neither be made CMDs nor ministers of health. After all, they are not the only people in the health sector.Dora Akunyili was over qualified to be made minister of health, but the corrupt doctors made sure it was given to another thief - Adenike Grange. Continue and may be a good thing will come out of this. smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by mcino: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
APContherun:
Like Chukwu Sanusi Lamido was relieved of his duties at the CBN for corruption.
Like Chukwu Sanusi Lamido was not convicted by any court of law but wasn't asked to return to his post.
Like the Igbo are defending him like you said, the Yoruba, Hausa and opposition party members have always rose in stout defence of Lamido Sanusi.

So you see not only the Igbo are guilty of what you wrote, it's a Nigerian thing.
That guy is not making any sense
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by mcino: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gbam Gbammer Gbammest
datribune:

I disagree. I'd rather say dis ebola issue has shown dat d importance of our govt doctors is overrated & overhyped. They chose to be on strike even at d peak of d epidemic & without dem Nigeria is overcoming d epidemic. We had 12 known cases & now we hav 2. d Doctor dat treated Sawyer was not a govt employee. He was at his private clinic doing his daily job, trying to make a living, unfortunately d doctor died. May his gentle soul R.I.P. Many soldiers ar dying gruesome deaths in sambisa forest & so ar many policemen dying in d hands of armed robbers & they don't hold d nation to ransom. All professions hav their hazards. Nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by datribune: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

The government never negotiated anything with them. A meeting was scheduled btw the NMA and the minister of health and he never showed up!

At least both parties would have reached a compromise now if the government embraced dialouge instead of resorting to threats and sacking of the resident doctors. Are those actions what you term "strong leadership"?

You should try and be objective and stop judging this issue with obvious sentiment.

dat's because d demands ar an outrage. Most unbiased observers won't blame d govt or d minister.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
ephemm:

Sorry Doctor, I am neither APC nor PDP, but I bet you are a Doctor and you are very angry atm
FYI, I am not a doctor and I don't even have a doctor in my family. I am simply a concerned Nigerian who wishes to see a day where corruption charges (or even mere allegations) would be treated with utmost seriousness and not trivialized or outrightly dismissed based on perceived individual motives..

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
datribune:

dat's because d demands ar an outrage. Most unbiased observers won't blame d govt or d minister.

When you go to a market to buy stuff, is it the first price the seller gives you that you eventually settle for?

Have you heard of the word bargaining before?

If you are well into the business of buying and selling and you know your customers have a knack for pricing anything to the barest minimum, would you not inflate your asking price so that by the time the customer eventually prices it down, you are able to meet up with your cost price and expected profit.

I hope you get my analogy. Never in their wildest dream will the FG conform to 100% of their demands but I think at least 30-50% would have shut them off and thereby ending the strike
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Because everyone is corrupt.
Sweetlemon: When non-sentimental people like me criticize Jonathan, they say we are too tough, we are not patriotic we are this and that.

Can anyone explain why a good number of Jonathan's aides/political allies have one corruption charge or the other attached to their names?

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
datribune:

I disagree. I'd rather say dis ebola issue has shown dat d importance of our govt doctors is overrated & overhyped. They chose to be on strike even at d peak of d epidemic & without dem Nigeria is overcoming d epidemic. We had 12 known cases & now we hav 2. d Doctor dat treated Sawyer was not a govt employee. He was at his private clinic doing his daily job, trying to make a living, unfortunately d doctor died. May his gentle soul R.I.P. Many soldiers ar dying gruesome deaths in sambisa forest & so ar many policemen dying in d hands of armed robbers & they don't hold d nation to ransom. All professions hav their hazards. Nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance.

cool

FreshKatFish: In as much as I am a Doctor, and under NMA, I wouldn't support wrong posts such as this. The Minister was NEVER indicted, NEVER. That man is a good man, who knows his job, so let's be honest for once and stop people from posting such useless, back-dated and unconfirmed news.

Tell your sources that Prof Chukwu, on completion of his second tenure as CMD of the defunct EBSUTH was given the appointment of DEPUTY PROVOST OF THE MEDICAL COLLEGE, in a university still owned by the same Ebonyi state govt!

So he wasn't relieved of his duties he completed 2 tenures and was given another honorable office.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT and stop using the social media as a means to blab nonsense!

The man is working, focus on that.

Its not been easy finding out much about the new Minister
of Health in Nigeria Prof.Onyebuchi Christian Chukwu ( ...a
powerful name invoking the Almighty in all three names!). He was born April 22, 1962, hails from Afikpo in Afikpo LGA of Ebonyi State. He graduated from the University of Lagos in 1986 and was Chief Medical Director, Ebonyi State
University Teaching Hospital from 2003-2008. Later, he
became Deputy Provost of the College of Medicine of the
Ebonyi State University , Abakaliki, from where he was
appointed the Minister of Health.

http://blogafrica.allafrica.com/view/entry/main/main/id/0Aw_sYFIaWHoihrD.html

You are correct.
I don't think the state government would reappoint him as the deputy provost if he was indeed corrupt and later recommend him to FG for the ministerial post.
The OP should be banned for passing false information without due investigation. I hope the mods/supermods do the needful.

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
mcino: Since doctors are this corrupt, they should neither be made CMDs nor ministers of health. After all, they are not the only people in the health sector.Dora Akunyili was over qualified to be made minister of health, but the corrupt doctors made sure it was given to another thief - Adenike Grange. Continue and may be a good thing will come out of this. smiley smiley smiley

Since he is Igbo too, no Igbo should be ever made to smell that position again undecided
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
saxywale:

You are correct.
I don't think the state government would reappoint him as the deputy provost if he was indeed corrupt and later recommend him to FG for the ministerial post.
The OP should be banned for passing false information without due investigation. I hope the mods/supermods do the needful.

As if you don't know how corrupt minded all our leaders are. He just need to be politically affiliated with powerful people and gbam, all traces of corruption are erased.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
dontalk:

So be it. As this post is a mere allegation, it's just a smear campaign, my conclusion . War against corruption should be holistic.
Agreed!.. the war against corruption should be holistic... but I'm sorry, your suggestion that if it can't be holistic, then there should be no war at all is plain ridiculous. A lot of 'concerned' Nigerians maintain this same stance and it is shocking how so many people can clamour for such an impractical solution.

Never have I seen or heard of a society where all its criminals were captured, judged and locked up at the same time.. What you wish for is IMPOSSIBLE and since a lot of Nigerians also clamour for this same impossibility, it is no surprise that we have about the largest (and ever increasing) population of past and present criminals still walking lose and even forming and joining political parties..

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by uc97: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Evil JOHESU at work again.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by judiciarypalava: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
This native doctors, sorry mediocre doctors, in fact doctors in this forum must be from the sun. Playing politics will not take you guys any where, the earlier you guys accept that you are drastically loosing the battle and think of how to amend your mistakes in time the better.
Edo NMA protesting to shut down private hospitals is the height of it. You guys are gradually incurring the anger of the masses. May be the arrogant nature that most of you guys exhibit in the cause of your job in most of the government hospital will not allow a fair judgment.
For your information, the masses are getting use to the situation so you guys should not do additional funny thing that would shift the fight from Fed to the public. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by agitator: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
judiciarypalava: This native doctors, sorry mediocre doctors, in fact doctors in this forum must be from the sun. Playing politics will not take you guys any where, the earlier you guys accept that you are drastically loosing the battle and think of how to amend your mistakes in time the better.
Edo NMA protesting to shut down private hospitals is the height of it. You guys are gradually incurring the anger of the masses. May be the arrogant nature that most of you guys exhibit in the cause of your job in most of the government hospital will not allow a fair judgment.
For your information, the masses are getting use to the situation so you guys should not do additional funny thing that would shift the fight from Fed to the public. A word is enough for the wise.

Don't mind the useless doctors who are even demanding FG pay compensation to the dead doctor working in a private clinic and earning her pay. grin grin grin
So anytime people die from accidents due to driver over speeding FG should pay. grin grin grin
If people fail exams, FG should pay. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by bakila: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Discussion of corruption and its relationship with occupation of Public office buried by ethnicity.

Pray one day we will have a Goverment that will create more business for us by having curropt people prosecuted. I again pray that one day no state goverment will propose anyone with allegation of curroption to national office. If they do does who say no should be from his local goverment or family. Otherwise the trash will continue, and we will willow in misery of poor leadership.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by EHoudini: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Y only now? This smells of smear campaign. Make I hear word pls!!
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Any evidence?
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by vicadex07(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: 1diot is the post your father's property? You have no sense.

You're such a fuckin r.etard for not being able to notice the sarcasm in my comment.

But I guess your daftness was inherited from your parents. Its such a pity undecided
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by macs911(f): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
hollandis: I really dont respect Nigeria doctors ,especially the ones from LASU ,EBSU,BENSU ,All the ones that ends with university that has SU in them

Get your facts right. The health minister is a graduate of Unilag.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by anonimi: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
phantom:

what do you think "relieved of his duty for proper investigation to be carried out" means?
please comprehend.

It is really a pity for us Nigerians to rush to judgement when there is ample evidence to the contrary indicating we should proceed with plenty of CAUTION.
Do we know the OUTCOME of the "proper investigations"
Was he duly CONVICTED, which is different from being indicted that is simply accused and/or charged to court?

Can we try asking relevant questions before we start behaving like Rush_ians?
Rushing anyhow simply makes us very good, easy targets for SCAMMERS who ply PROPAGANDA and LIES for their own parochial objectives that are of no benefit to the greater society.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by MadCow1: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
This is the result of APC politicking..

Because he has 'Chukwu' in his name, they have labelled him a fraudster and are now calling for his sack the same way they sacked 'Oduah'.. angry

NEVER!!! Infact! Jonathan should arrest all these jobless doctors and if they resist arrest, SHOOT AT SIGHT! .. angry

Nigerians are dying because of this mumuish strike. angry

CHUKWU MUST STAY!!! angry LIKE IT OR NOT!

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by agitator: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1: This is the result of APC politicking..

Because he has 'Chukwu' in his name, they have labelled him a fraudster and are now calling for his sack the same way they sacked 'Oduah'.. angry

NEVER!!! Infact! Jonathan should arrest all these jobless doctors and if they resist arrest, SHOOT AT SIGHT! .. angry

Nigerians are dying because of this mumuish strike. angry

CHUKWU MUST STAY!!! angry LIKE IT OR NOT!

I tell ya, they all need to be shot and survivors shot again. angry angry angry
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by MadCow1: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
agitator:

I tell ya, they all need to be shot and survivors shot again. angry angry angry

Yeah!!! angry

And when our 'Native Doctors' confirm and pronounce them dead.. We Burn Them angry

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
Link that he wasn't indicted or Ahdonbilivit grin
emmydeep: My friend, posting things like this will never help you.

Doctor Onyebuchi was never indicted in the investigation. The people that was found guilty was later arrested and tried in court.

Please, correct yourself and get some education.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by BetaThings: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
okparaugo: Propaganda as usual.

Though I believe the story. But our medical doctors still remain sacked.
I am not a medical doctor
The government can throw all the doctors in a lions cage for all I care
Although you will notice that the doctors will be recalled
But did Prof Chukwu steal?
If yes, should he not be writing statements?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Man Loses Three Fingers While Handling Fireworks (banger)(graphic Pics) / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.