Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (37040 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Simitrendy: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1: lies
its true ur username goes with ur sayings MadCow...this life sha..dnt knw hw sum1 ll call himsef a madcow
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ceaser: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
mcino: Since doctors are this corrupt, they should neither be made CMDs nor ministers of health. After all, they are not the only people in the health sector.Dora Akunyili was over qualified to be made minister of health, but the corrupt doctors made sure it was given to another thief - Adenike Grange. Continue and may be a good thing will come out of this. smiley smiley smiley

That's so unfair a judgement on her. Grange actually was an upright woman that was set-up by the corrupt thieves in the ministry because she would not tolerate their vices. Today, I'm glad she maintained her stand even though she lost her job.

And as for Akunyili, she's a woman i admire so much. I revere her so much for her stoicism and honesty and she'd be disappointed in you for dragging her name into the dirty terrain of ethnic and professional sentimentalism.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
This mumu doctors are tryin to bring the Minister down by all means so they can all sink together. If truly he committed such crime as stated, why was it not on news all this while. It only came up when the Dr's were sacked. Shame on doctors, bring more files and even more from his secondary school days to tell us How he first got laid. Keep disgracin urselves in public, afterall u are all doctors....vultures of the same feather. This doctors are just being pathetic, resident doctors are fired, and they remained fired.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ceaser: 11:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
lrguru: This doctors are just being pathetic, resident doctors are fired, and they remained fired.

In your dreams. The sack is a misnomer which is already dead on arrival. We'll see who blinks first and boy will I be so eager to see the contorted dismay on your face when you are finally proven wrong.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by chookudi(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2014
O Lawd!!!! This must be one of the most hilarious statements I have heard in a while!!! grin grin grin cheesy I swear that ur name fit u grin cheesy

MadCow1:

Challenge me kwa... angry

You no dey fear abi!! You fit challenge your Papa for house?! angry

Take ya time young man. angry

And because you challenged me, I will not provide any facking proof top you.. Believe whatever you want.. Chukwu is Going nowhere. angry
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 21, 2014
Wat else do u xpext frm mad igbotic jews always defending a mad fraudlent brother of theirs just for d fucking name.....I say give me a A2 51 bomber I will bomb the whole of South East to ashes.....common vermins and bedbugs....
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 21, 2014
ceaser:

In your dreams. The sack is a misnomer which is already dead on arrival. We'll see who blinks first and boy will I be so eager to see the contorted dismay on your face when you are finally proven wrong.
we shall all see
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by verdent: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2014
When you have power and diverse choices to chose from and you seem comfortable working with people of questionable character and history, it tells a lot about who you really are.

There is definitely a limit Goodluck can take you.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by sigolisis: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2014
sexylogan: Only in Nigeria

Category:News | Date:2008-09-20

N36m fraud hits Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital, CMD sacked

The Ebonyi State government has uncovered fraud to the tune of N36 million at the state University Teaching Hospital, causing the State Government to sack the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu.

The Nation gathered that the fraud was padded up in the allowances and arrears to be paid to resident doctors, when government demanded for vouchers to be prepared for the payment of resident doctors’ accumulated allowances and arrears.

Sources revealed that there was additional N36 million naira to the total sum of N200 million, which was the actual amount that was supposed to be the accumulated wage bill causing the state government to suspect that the hospital management did not provide the actual figure for the payment of the allowances and arrears.

In its efforts to carryout investigation into the matter, the State Government decided to relieve the Chief Medical Director, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu, of his position for what source described as "genuine investigation of the fraud."

This development, a source said, led to the indefinite industrial action embarked upon by the resident doctors in the state teaching hospital.

A new Chief Medical Director has been appointed. He is Dr. Ekuma Aja, a renowned consultant surgeon and retired rear admiral of the Nigeria Navy.

Hospital sources noted that the new CMD faced a herculian task in his new duty as a lot of needless actions were taken by the CMD in terms of victimization of some medical personnel on tribal grounds.

Reacting to the matter, a public analyst in the state, Mr. George Nwankwo, called on the State Government to establish a general hospital in Abakaliki metropolis, stressing that the absence of a general hospital has made lifre difficult for the people.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=63338

Thank God he is one of you guys (doctors), that confirms all allegations of JOHESU against you. But why is this coming at this time since 2008, is it because he understands the system (your greed) so well or because his decisions are no longer favourable to doctors because all other health professionals have taken him to court and won?
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by jpphilips(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
emmydeep: My friend, posting things like this will never help you.

Doctor Onyebuchi was never indicted in the investigation. The people that was found guilty was later arrested and tried in court.

Please, correct yourself and get some education.

And your source is? please read

https://www.nairaland.com/1842857/ebola-why-prof-onyebuchi-chukwu
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by jpphilips(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2014
Neduzze5: This is really shameful. Nigeria and Goodluck Jonathan really has to sit up! Unless we become a laughing stock for the whole world!

Nope it wont play out that way, Before other nations laugh at us, Nigerians will pay with their blood.
The corruption in the army has forced soldiers to desert, do you know what it means? Gwoza police academy has been over run by Boko haram; do you really know what Gwoza means to the security apparatchik of the Mobile police? it simply means that Boko now has the freedom to Operate in Northern Nigeria

It sounds like a joke to most people but if Gwoza is defenseless then Lagos is a walk in the park, it started exactly like this before the Toureg took over the administration of Northern Mali.
It took the intervention of the French and the Chadian forces to drive them away (of course the Nigerian army was conducting stop and search for the real soldiers) doing the real fighting.

Onyebuchi chukwu squandered over 480m for control of infectious diseases from the 2013 budget by July 2014 when Sawyer brought Ebola to Nigeria, there was no single emergency response or protection for the first responding health care workers, guess what, that act of corruption has claimed 5 lives and counting (trust me when I say we have not heard the last from Ebola).

Never mind the lives that are being lost to the inefficiencies and corruption that led to the doctors strike, Never mind the fact that most Nigerians seem not to know what the life of a true professional is worth, that Late doctors life could save countless lives by virtue of her training.
Senegal, Ghana and Ivory coast closest to the epic enter of Ebola are yet to record a single case of Ebola yet, the Inefficiency and the corruption in our health ministry has 179lives on surveillance and 5 dead already.

I tell you what! President Good luck Jonathan Has sworn that he will not address corruption in this country and over 22.5 million people just like in 2011 want him till 2099!

brethren! brace yourself! it is time to pay with your BLOOD!!

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by jpphilips(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Morotov1: You miss the point entirely. Good night old boy.

his point can only be missed by a dumb soul like yours
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by jpphilips(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Morotov1: I am a cleaner and very soon will be a consultant cleaner. ......yea the lowest in the food chain. Happy now. smh
The impulse to demean is so noticeable in every of your comments......so uncultured. Continue wallowing in your self-glory.

Why wont you be a proud lab technician? why do you find your discipline demeaning? oh! i get it.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Morotov1(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2014
jpphilips:

Why wont you be a proud lab technician? why do you find your discipline demeaning? oh! i get it.
I won't descend to your level.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Sorry but you just supported corruption with this post.
No, He is more rational by you. When he was screened for the job why not make than. The mumu newspaper refuse report what happened after the investigation. Only that he gave why for investigation.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by 1009ja: 3:03am On Aug 22, 2014
Pres. Jonathan's quotes:
Corruption is not Nigeria's number one problem.
Stealing is not corruption.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by SenatorJames(m): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
God! Why are we still moving far away from our promise land everyday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Man Loses Three Fingers While Handling Fireworks (banger)(graphic Pics) / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.