Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians (22424 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) / Celebrities You May Not Know Are Twins(Photos) / 12 Celebrities You Didn't Know Are Transgendered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 22, 2014
TRIBALSTOOGE: i will spit in every yoruba person eye fu cking ugly tribal animals . shame on yoruba .you have no respect i swear .

Sincerely speaking - I look forward to us having "Biafra War - Season 2" in this Country so that we can nip Nigeria's problem right in the bud once & for all b'cos the Igbos are the bane of all the major cities in this Country.

Even most of them in Alaba Market, Trade Fair & Ladipo are all armed robbers, they only sell wares in the daylight & resume robbery at night.

No matter how anointed or spirit filled a Pastor is, as long as the ojukwu blood runs in their veins, they're never to be trusted.

The Hausas are 10,000 times better than the Igbos. Infact, I will rather do business with Hamas, Hizbola or Boko Haram than with the Igbos.

Afterall, most of them wake their fathers up by kicking them in the stomach every morning.

Reading "The Bitter Truth About The Igbo, By Femi Fani-Kayode" every morning gives me so much joy & vitality. U know Y? B'cos the seed of hatred which the Igbos have sown since the era of Awolowo has finally germinated in me, and u know what they say, You Reap What You Sow.

Note: if u're not happy with this comment #In Adams Oshiomole's Voice - Simply Go And Die!#

8 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Dibiachukwu: 4:35am On Aug 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Dibiachukwu: 4:48am On Aug 22, 2014
And dont worry people. I love Yichai (not the name) . I know the name is in your language. Onyeyi is supreme. Be respectful.
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 22, 2014
Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla[1] popularly called Igi
[2] (/ dʒə ˈr oʊ m ɨˈɡ ɪn lə/ ; born July 1, 1977) is a Canadian
professional ice hockey player who is currently playing
with the Colorado Avalanche in the National Hockey
League (NHL). He most recently played for the Boston
Bruins during the 2013-14 season. He was a member of
the Calgary Flames between 1996 and 2013 where he
served as captain for nine seasons and played briefly with
the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2012–13 .
As a junior , Iginla was a member of two Memorial Cup
winning teams with the Kamloops Blazers and was
named the Western Hockey League 's Player of the Year
in 1996 . He was selected 11th overall by the Dallas Stars
in the 1995 NHL Entry Draft , but was traded to Calgary
prior to making his NHL debut. He led the NHL in goals
and points in 2001–02 , and won the Lester B. Pearson
Award as its most valuable player as voted by the
players. In 2003–04 , Iginla led the league in goals for the
second time and captained the Flames to the Stanley Cup
Finals, leading the league in playoff scoring.
A six-time NHL All-Star , he is the Flames' all-time leader
in goals, points, and games played, and is second in
assists to Al MacInnis . Iginla scored 50 goals in a
season on two occasions and is one of seven players in
NHL history to score 30 goals in 11 consecutive seasons.
He has scored 500 goals and 1,000 points in his career.
He is a past winner of the Mark Messier Leadership
Award and has been recognized by both the Flames and
the league for his community work; Iginla donates $2,000
to the children's charity Kidsport for every goal he scores.
Internationally, Iginla has represented Canada on
numerous occasions. He was a member of championship
teams at the 1996 World Junior and 1997 World
Championships as well as the 2004 World Cup of Hockey.
He is a three-time Olympian and two-time gold medal
winner, including at the 2002 Winter Olympics where he
helped lead Canada to its first Olympic hockey
championship in 50 years.

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by whitecat007: 5:33am On Aug 22, 2014
With Sade Adu, Omarosa, Seal, Hakeem Olajuwon and chamillionare alone in Yoruba's corner, omo, no comparison! You just can't match those. These are household names in the USA.

2cato: Let see which tribe are more influncial outsid nigeria.
Those for igbo stand up and say hi.
Those for Yoruba stand up and say nay.
The ++++ have it.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by whitecat007: 5:53am On Aug 22, 2014
Thank goodness for people like you who will not allow "the war of minds" they are fighting against the rest of Nigerians to take roots.

django1:

You are falling for his tricks, I must admit, the guy is a bit slick with his tribalism, you should check his history in the culture section though, he's as tribal as they come, believe me he wrote the names as he did on purpose.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by whitecat007: 6:20am On Aug 22, 2014
Go and keep spitting on your father,ERANKO OMO ALE IBO!
TRIBALSTOOGE: i will spit in every yoruba person eye fu cking ugly tribal animals . shame on yoruba .you have no respect i swear .

2 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 22, 2014
I'm proud of them. Someday my name will be celebrated like these Wonderful individuals

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by whitecat007: 6:26am On Aug 22, 2014
I think we should do it the right way this time, we must light up every moving thing in iboland. Ibos are just too despicable to allow to walk free among free-born.
Zoharariel:

Sincerely speaking - I look forward to us having "Biafra War - Season 2" in this Country so that we can nip Nigeria's problem right in the bud once & for all b'cos the Igbos are the bane of all the major cities in this Country.

Even most of them in Alaba Market, Trade Fair & Ladipo are all armed robbers, they only sell wares in the daylight & resume robbery at night.

No matter how anointed or spirit filled a Pastor is, as long as the ojukwu blood runs in their veins, they're never to be trusted.

The Hausas are 10,000 times better than the Igbos. Infact, I will rather do business with Hamas, Hizbola or Boko Haram than with the Igbos.

Afterall, most of them wake their fathers up by kicking them in the stomach every morning.

Reading "The Bitter Truth About The Igbo, By Femi Fani-Kayode" every morning gives me so much joy & vitality. U know Y? B'cos the seed of hatred which the Igbos have sown since the era of Awolowo has finally germinated in me, and u know what they say, You Reap What You Sow.

Note: if u're not happy with this comment #In Adams Oshiomole's Voice - Simply Go And Die!#

2 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by hausadreturn(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Zoharariel:

yea.... U were probably born in 1997...i'm not suprised about your bitterness.
But i must tell u what... Bitterness, resentment & what have u...
It has never taken us no where.
It's a matter of u sitting down & thinking straight & sincerely about it.
>
The bitter truth about d igbos by Fani was written out of bitterness & in d end contained no bitter truths.
>
***Fyi, i am an igbo....dont let d name mislead u in treating me softly

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by cococandy(f): 6:43am On Aug 22, 2014
I bet he wouldn't complain if the OP listed the majority from his own tribe.
Tribal bigots bashing tribal bigots.

IGBOSON1:

^^^I know why i'm playing the devils advocate on this one! Does your anger stem from the fact that he only listed achievers from one ethnic group, or are you pissed-off that those he listed are only Igbo? I'm sure if i check YOUR past history on this website i'll find one or two derogatory remarks against Igbos (whether covert or overt)!

You do the members of this forum a disservice when you say they could be 'subconsciously manipulated' by this thread into believing that only Igbos in diaspora have achieved anything worthwhile for Nigeria to be proud of!......Are we kids? A matured person that's outgrown all this nairaland e-wars malarkey would have identified this thread for what it is and either moved on, or -if he couldn't live with the OPs antics- created a rival thread instead!

You say he labelled the thread wrongly?.......How? Are the people he mentioned not Nigerian again? You see what i mean when i say that in trying to confront him, you're 'subconsciously' exhibiting your own intolerance as well!?

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by hausadreturn(m): 6:45am On Aug 22, 2014
whitecat007: I think we should do it the right way this time, we must light up every moving thing in iboland. Ibos are just too despicable to allow to walk free among free-born.
yea...thank u for opening my eyes.
That's your darkest secret.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by hausadreturn(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2014
ogbonge9grian: u de mind seun and him mods? He claimed he is fighting tribalism yet he banned me for giving him a solid advice while the same tribal bigots are having a field day and throwing tribal slurs in the same thread that seun created to fight tribalism and yet he didnt ban them. Who is he deceiving? Seun dont hesitate to ban this my profile o. Dama ur site is becoming too unhealthy and toxic
if only u could just gain from d info & leave d rest.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by cococandy(f): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2014
Tenk u.
We be taking so much pride in what we've been able to achieve abroad while the home front is in tatters.
Forgeting that the environment of the west is what has made them able to achieve so much.what are we doing about making our own place conducive for success?

Dibiachukwu: Meanwhile in Aba

In lagos

In Abuja

Of what use is being the president of the world if your home is on fire

Luchai/Yechai/Yechawacha is the saviour.

Pray for mercy. Amina.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by EMMABC1(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2014
HiiiPower: Olubowale Victor Akintimehin

[img]http://kimberlyakinola.files./2013/11/wale.jpg?w=650[/img]

Olubowale Victor Akintimehin born on September 21, 1984, better known by his stage name Wale (Pronounced Wah-Lay), is an American Rapper from Washington D.C.. He rose to prominence in 2006, when his song “Dig Dug (Shake It)” became popular in his hometown. Wale became locally recognized and continued recording music for the regional audience. Producer Mark Ronson discovered Wale in 2006 and signed him to Allido Records in 2007. While signed to that label, Wale released several mixtapes and appeared in national media including MTV and various urban magazines.

Wale, a Nigerian American, was born Olubowale Victor Akintimehin in Northwest, Washington, D.C. on September 21, 1984. His parents are of the Yoruba ethnic group of southwestern Nigeria and came to the United States from Austria in 1979. Wale’s family first lived inNorthwest, Washington, D.C before moving to Montgomery County when Wale was 10. He is the cousin of actor Gbenga Akinnagbe, best known as Chris Partlow on HBO’s The Wire and the British producer Maleek Berry.
Aren't u eternally stup1d and obsessed. Why are u reposting what have already bn posted by op. Okay u have won, Yoloba diasporans are more influential than their Igbo counterparts. Cunt!
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by EMMABC1(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2014
whitecat007: With Sade Adu, Omarosa, Seal, Hakeem Olajuwon and chamillionare alone in Yoruba's corner, omo, no comparison! You just can't match those. These are household names in the USA.

Omarosa is not frm ur tribe. She is frm Edo.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by duni04(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2014
bigfrancis21:

When I stumbled across the article, the title read '50 influential...' but went on to list only 20 people. When I opened this thread I initially wrote '50' but seeing only 20 names listed on the original article, I edited this thread's title to '20' only to find out later that the page was just part 1 and there was a part 2 with 30 more names that completed the list. I re-edited the title back to '50' but before I could finish quoting the article here, the thread was immediately hijacked by Hiipower in spurts of bursting frenzy.

Observe that I did not compile those names myself. The blogger and writer of the article is yoruba.
From your previous antecedents, we can infer that you deliberately selected this topic and that website not for informative purposes but for tribalistic ones. People like you should be rounded up and shot dead for poisoning peoples minds and always causing controversy and discord

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by emeka94(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2014
GeneralBadman: Tribalism can never end on this forum laye laye.

Op only wanted to post his Igbo people until Hill Baba busted his yansh, then he continued posting and one fvcktard said Hill should have allowed OP to finish.

Finish Kini?

And they say he's a moderator oooooooo

No wonder nl has become what it is today.

Say The Truth And Shame The Devil. You don't have to hide behind a finger. We no go gree laye laye.

I shall add more Nigerians tomorrow. I have to sleep now, I must report to work early tomorrow.

Konfam There.

Have u gone to the source to see how the original composer of the list posted the article. Practically the same way the OP reposted here.
I was almost believing Hiiipower that d OP is a trialist until I decided to visit the source myself. Hiiipower started to post from page two whilst the Op started from page one.
Konfam first before u jump to conclusion.

See as we just dey here dey claim ownership of people who probably don't even knw where Nigeria is on the world map. Not to talk of whether they see or identify themselves as Nigerians.
At worst they call themselves Nigerian-american or nigerian british not yoruba-american or igbo-british.

4 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2014
This thread is Dead on Arrival,tribal bigots has taken over,i doubt if it will make front page.
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2014
duni04:
From your previous antecedents, we can infer that you deliberately selected this topic and that website not for informative purposes but for tribalistic ones. People like you should be rounded up and shot dead for poisoning peoples minds and always causing controversy and discord

Thank you o.

See, this guy don't come out in a brazen manner as chino does but he is more intelligent thus more dangerous.
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by hausadreturn(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2014
duni04:
interesting to see that u still live in d civil war era.
***rounded up & shot. Lol
that was d only place i heard that.
>
since u take pride in giving d dog a bad name; finish it up by hanging him
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Tobbie9(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2014
Tribalists everywhere
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 22, 2014
Wao! Btw they are not Nigerians.
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Ruq: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2014
It's totally daft to think or claim this people are Nigerians, the best is to call them African American or British Africans of Nigerian descent. When will we stop claiming peeps who don't even feel Nigerian as Nigerians, I'm sure if you ask for their Nationality they'll either tell you I'm English Or American definitely not Naijian. If you claim these peeps are Nigerians because of their achievements and fame then we must claim each criminal over there too for their grit and shame.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by GeneralBadman: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2014
ogbonge9grian: u de mind seun and him mods? He claimed he is fighting tribalism yet he banned me for giving him a solid advice while the same tribal bigots are having a field day and throwing tribal slurs in the same thread that seun created to fight tribalism and yet he didnt ban them. Who is he deceiving? Seun dont hesitate to ban this my profile o. Dama ur site is becoming too unhealthy and toxic

He did the same thing to me.

He banned my moniker because I said he and his MOD were not ready to curb tribalism otherwise they wouldn't have pushed an hate-filled thread to the front page.

A boy, oluwasegunfunmi, Nwabekeyi Chidiebere Simeon, opened a thread on Oshodi. He took various pics of Oshodi showing the dilapidated state of infrastructure which is cool except if he had a hidden agenda. Then tribal warriors derailed the thread on the third page and the warriors kept insulting themselves yet when the thread got to like 17th page it made front page.

It was a thread full of hate yet the BOSSES pushed it to the front page.

I complained and got banned.

You See. When I saw people advising Seun yesterday, I was just laughing. I never commented, wetin konsain me.

I got the message clear and loud. It's all about Traffic and Kowope(must money complete).

Konfam There.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by experimentist: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2014
Fuq america
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by thewarrior72: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2014
Zoharariel:

How did u manage to escape SOKA FOREST?
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Noneroone(m): 10:42am On Aug 22, 2014
Kinfunfun22:

But why did you use 20 'Nigerians' in your initial topic and immediately stock same with names of 18 igbos if not to create a false impression that 18 of 20 (90%) of influential Nigerians are igbo.. If u used igbo in ur topic, there would've bn no problem but this is a clearly attempted but woefully failed attempt to spark the fire of your usual empty chest beating which usually results in a wildfire of tribal jabbings.

Once more, Seun Osewa has no excuse for keeping this ethnic jingoist as a moderator on any section whatsoever.
He did not create any false impression. It is Igbophobia that has driven you to that conclusion.

1 Like

Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Noneroone(m): 10:42am On Aug 22, 2014
Kinfunfun22:

But why did you use 20 'Nigerians' in your initial topic and immediately stock same with names of 18 igbos if not to create a false impression that 18 of 20 (90%) of influential Nigerians are igbo.. If u used igbo in ur topic, there would've bn no problem but this is a clearly attempted but woefully failed attempt to spark the fire of your usual empty chest beating which usually results in a wildfire of tribal jabbings.

Once more, Seun Osewa has no excuse for keeping this ethnic jingoist as a moderator on any section whatsoever.
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by addictiv(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
so much for one Nigeria
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by feedthenation(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2014
What about Wesley Snipes?
Re: 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Igbo and yoruba fighting for power since the year 0001 before Adam.Season what are we now?season 9000000000000000 right.somebody tell me so that i go know the one i go buy.because i dey go Alaba Tomorow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oprah Winfrey Poses With Lion On O-magazine Cover [photo] / Powede Lawrence And Ikechukwu's Wedding Introduction / Bbnaija: Bisola Calls Nigerians Criticizing Big Brother Nigeria Show "Hypocrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.