Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Enugu Airport Flood Pictures - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (32686 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Remodeled Enugu Airport In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by allanphash7(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2014
is this airport or seaport?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by AHOY147: 9:52am On Aug 22, 2014
When do we start getting things right in this country? Am ashamed, it is really embarrassing

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Gorrbachev: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Enugu Sea port. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by shidof(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2014
alaladakosta: Lol, enugu airport or seaport? Awon we re
lol kiss
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by NiniArike(f): 10:14am On Aug 22, 2014
They should provide couple of boats at the foot of the Air-stairs. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by clemz88(m): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2014
dhammyg:
WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE GIANT OF AFRICA.WE SHOULD SET THE PACE.JUST BECAUSE A AIRPORT IN GHANA GOT FLOODED IS NO EXCUSE FOR USangry
tell him please because I don't just know d reason y some people are so ignorant. If something went bad in a country it does mean it has to b d same in our country. I think thatz where most Nigerianz are getting it wrong. Alwayz learn to standout in all tinz

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2014
clemz88: tell him please because I don't just know d reason y some people are so ignorant. If something went bad in a country it does mean it has to b d same in our country. I think thatz where most Nigerianz are getting it wrong. Alwayz learn to standout in all tinz
cool
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by poj(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2014
so sad, i am thinking of the likely danger should an ebola infected leg or saliva enter that water. Only in Nigeria will this happen and people come up with excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You may lose it.
You are stewise
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by nopecin(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2014
I swear I no go come down from the plane nah common sense nah, since the plane is not flying back immediately.

dhammyg:
PLS THIS IS NO EXCUSE.AN AIRPORT SHOULD HAVE A GOOD DRAINAGE SYSTEM.

MOREOVER THIS AIRPORT IS AN INTERNATIONAL ONE.HOW WOULD U REACT IF U ENTER A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND THE AIRPORT IS FLOODED WITH DIRTY MUDDY WATER
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by folahann(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
This is is the part of transformation agenda we're talking about.
Martin Luther King did it.
Nelson Mandela did it.
Barrack Obama did it.
Goodluck Jonathan is doing.
Ride on Mr. President, we are right behind you. Stupid idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
dhammyg: THIS IS A DISGRACE TO OUR AVIATION INDUSTRY.RAIN FALLS EVERYWHERE.BUT IT DOSEN'T MEAN OUR AIRPORTS MUST BE FLOODED
Abeg no criticise aviation industry here jare. Have U ever heard of this manner of disgrace happening in our blessed country before?
Let us blame the cunning federal government for building an half baked airport and calling it an international airport just to outsmart our countrymen into voting Him in 2015.
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
bakila: Hmmmm unbelievable

I guess that's why He called it a transformation agenda. Doing the unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
slimfit1: Common sense says if you can't afford drains try to divert the water to a better location.
Its an half baked airport. What do U expect
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dreal1247: .
It all depends no the density of the rainfall and the terrain involved.
Despite the usual heavy rainfall in Lasgidi, Have U ever heard of Muritala Muhameed airport being flooded?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
GenBuhari: Welcome to Naija!

No Welcome to the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kalvan40: Terrible.

Who is the governor of that state? Does he not work?!

Oh...

grin grin

Abeg Na Jona build the airport no the state governor.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kalvan40: Terrible.

Who is the governor of that state? Does he not work?!

Oh...

grin grin

Abeg Na Jona build the airport not the state governor.
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dreal1247: Though im not in the state but there are floods that could not be controlled. I read of an airport that got flooded in Ghana just yesterday.

So the pilot would fly to an alternate destination or stay out on the runway (hopefully that wasn't flooded) and then bus the passengers in.

It's not that things happen to Nigerian uniquely, it's our archaic response that concerns and our flagrant disregard for safety.

This is why I'll never fly on an internal flight.

So we now have the main landing wheels soaking their brakes in dirty water. What will happen in a few minutes when the plane goes to take off but needs to abort the takeoff at around V1? DO you think it will have the maximum breaking efficiency it needs?

Also I hope that the pilot did not use reverse thrust on the dirty water since the engine my now have dirty water inside it.

We need to stop celebrating ridiculousness, why compare to Ghana, why not compare to a world class airport like in Madrid.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Is this not d same airport stealer oduah spent billions of naira on? MM airport as worse as it maybe can't be flooded like this.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
AHOY147: When do we start getting things right in this country? Am ashamed, it is really embarrassing

We can't until the masses stop making excuses.

It's the average joe that is the problem in Nigeria. The President or Governor did not build the airport, there must be a head of airport agencies in Nigeria who is responsible for the airports. Where was this person and what due diligence was down during the construction?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Aigbofa:

How is a leaking airport in Seattle an excuse for the shoddy job done on the Enugu airport? Does it make better that some airport is falling apart somewhere else in the world?

Simmer down folks.

His example is valid, it was to show that the Enugu airport should have been closed for safety.

I assure you that SeaTac is not falling apart.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by playboy19(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
allanphash7: is this airport or seaport?

Both, it's called SeAirport.. get use to it
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by princebergz(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
these people just strive very hard to paint us in bad light. haba! u guys haven't heard of drains?? Just went ahead to build a design stolen from a foreign country... huffs
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by princebergz(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

No Welcome to the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

STFU... so Jonathan did the design and construction?? smh
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by allanphash7(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
lol
playboy19:

Both, it's called SeAirport.. get use to it
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by aresa: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
naptu2: Is it the same airport?

https://www.nairaland.com/570566/jonathan-commisssions-enugu-international-airport

Before the repainting...

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by MsNas(f): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
chimoz:
Sea-tac Airport in Seattle Washington.
That Seattle Tacoma leaks doesn't excuse Enugu Airport. During the flooding or what have you at Sea-Tac, was any plane allowed to land or take-off? They definitely won't. See that Med-View airline landing in the middle of an ocean. Is that not endangerment of passenger life? I'm guessing they allowed the plane to land cos they didn't have any measures to curb the flood and they have no idea when the water will recede.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
khamas19: ...our daughter...

..Stealer Oduah....
Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
princebergz:

STFU... so Jonathan did the design and construction?? smh

His administration built the airport.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Flood Pictures by princebergz(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

His administration built the airport.

His "administration " built it, as in funds were released to the Architect who was paid for his design and as a supervisor on site as the leader of the design team, to the Structural engineer, also to the Civil engineer, to the Geophysicists, the Project Manager and others on the design and construction team?? wtf does Jonathan know abt construction
The professionals could have done their jobs properly as dictated by good work ethics!
Nigerians, blaming others for their problems since 1914!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? / Car Accident At Ogba, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.