Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (38189 Views)

Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Lagos Pastor Boasts Of Ebola Cure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
...eni toba ni eti, ki ogbo ohun ti EMI nso fun ijo

He has always leave for Himself a Witness
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by That2: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
moneybag4411:

you are stup1d.....infact you are very stup1d....i prophecy to you in the name of that same Jesus whom you despise, before the end of this week, you and your entire family shall be diagnosed of ebola...

see ds stup1d guy oooo.......infact, may thunder strike dat ur mouth.....ode buruku oloshi....
I see what you learnt in church today.

2 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by moneyhungry(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Misbee: The bible says "a fool says įŋ his heart there ℓS̶̲̥̅ N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ God"

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by farem: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
alentyno: Nice one by the doc

As for you folks I must say this is the first time I have met your breed when it comes to classifying atheists---its called 'dumb-atheists'
Can you even hear yourself a trained doctor who knows the in and out of everything that has to do with 'illness and cure' comes out to testify Jesus' miracle on her life thus saying how he was healed from ebola cannot be scientifically proven and you're still spewing trash? Smh

Btw I wonder why that name 'Jesus' gives you atheists sleepless nights and restless days! For crying out loud since you don't believe in religion why do you spend 98% of your time reading every topic on christianity?

Don't mind them.
They are busy defending the failed project of their progenitor- the devil. Mental haemorrhoid is worse than Ebola! Ask those who are spewing this trash to show face; you will be sorry for them. They are low-lifers, moribund in reasoning.
Long infested with satanic virus since the time of Adam. Jesus is calling and wants to heal them, ironically!

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by moneyhungry(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
Davidbanky:

Hmmm I actually read this and weep for u, God created a perfect word and it is only our fault if this world is like this today, all because He gave us free will which we mis used .. @ur signature

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by kgr8mike(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: yeah typical christians..

jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh

The Doctor said Jesus healed him. Jesus told us he came that we may have life to the full and that as many as believe to them he gives the power to become sons of God. If you do not believe in Jesus, then you will not experience the miracle of his presence as that doctor did. If you can only believe you will see and you will testify.

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
I thank God for the Blood of Jesus that was shed for the world. That Blood has made grace available to everyone. Just imagine if we were in the old testament era! Some people would have been consumed by fire. Hehehe!

Anyway, to all my brothers and sisters in faith, y'all need to stop arguing with atheists. They won't believe what they don't understand. Science can be studied and understood completely but the concept of an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient invisible Being that created everything is totally mind-boggling for them. They believe in what their eyes can see. We believe in what our spirits and souls feel. So you see, it takes an extra special ability to be able to put your belief in Someone who you haven't seen. Until they see it, they won't believe and feel it. I hate that some of us Christians resort to insulting them, rather we should pray and do our part to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Insulting them won't change their minds and neither would using CAPITAL LETTERS lol.

And to my atheist brothers and sisters, please learn to stop agitating folks. Skip a thread when the title has a tag you don't like or agree with. Example: I won't be caught viewing a thread that has any of the following tags: Islam, Muslim, Sharia, satan, illuminati, atheists (lol). I avoid these tags cos they don't concern me. I understand that this forum affords people free expression of opinions but don't create strife when expressing your opinion. It only make you look desperate for attention at best and at worst a cyber troll.

This doctor said he thanks God for his survival, well that is his opinion and belief. Why should people get mad at him for what he believes? He also acknowledged that medicine and medical personnel aided in his recovery. I really don't think it's anyone's business who he thanks for his healing.

If you think God is racial then you don't think much of yourself. You most likely have psychological issues based on your darker skin. God created us all and He called us beautiful and good. Whatever bad experiences we pass through is our own making not His cos He has shown us the way to Him and that's through Jesus Christ. And mind you, God never said in the Bible that Christians won't suffer cos it is mentioned severally about trials and tribulations for Christians but His grace is sufficient to help us overcome those problems.

Happy Sunday people and God bless us all!

4 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by kgr8mike(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2014

jesus watched him suffer and almost shit his bony ass to death, science came to the rescue, he gave thanks to jesus. smh

The Doctor said Jesus healed him. He testified with his own mouth. Jesus told us he came that we may have life to the full and that as many as believe to them he gives the power to become sons of God. If you do not believe in Jesus, then you will not experience the miracle of his presence as that doctor did. If you can only believe you will see and you will testify.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by moneyhungry(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Janetozi: yes, the nigerian doctor was a christain off course. Was he a strong and genuine christain as this American doc? In christainity we have people answering christain just because they are born by christain parent. We have strong christain (born again) and we have church goers, we also have confused christain.

Had it been the NigerIan doc was a strong christain, he also would have been save.

"The name of God is a strong tower where the righteous runneth and are save". Go to the land of the dead and ask the Nigerian doc if he for oneday mentioned the name Jesus when he was battling with Ebola then come back and give me reply

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Hembelembe: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique: lmao

jesus made science to debunk his own existence
this jesus must be stup.id
Watch ur mouth bro
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by lomprico(m): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Briareos:

So, if you dont have access to zmapp, you are doomed with ebola no matter how hard or how fervent you pray?
Zmapp has been created! If it doesn't get to any sick person then it's man's error, incompetence, mistake or wickedness there is nothing God can do about that. God is not some kind of super hero that must be there to solve all ur problems. He has given some people the wisdom to create or find solutions to their problems and the problems of others now if anyone for any stupid reason decides not make use or take advantage of these solutions, instead waiting on God to come personally and attend to them then the person has his/her self to blame when things go wrong for them.

2 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by That2: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hembelembe: Watch ur mouth bro
Or what! Your imaginary god will come down to kill him? Tell that god to stop bokoharam and Ebola first.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by ustyno(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
GLORY BE TO GOD...
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by cold(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
farem: [color=#990000][/color]

Don't mind them.
They are busy defending the failed project of their progenitor- the devil. Mental haemorrhoid is worse than Ebola! Ask those who are spewing this trash to show face; you will be sorry for them. They are low-lifers, moribund in reasoning.
Long infested with satanic virus since the time of Adam. Jesus is calling and wants to heal them, ironically!
Your Jesus is a fraud,your god does not exist,if he does,he is completely useless in the scheme of things. What special treatment do you enjoy as an adherent of your sky daddy as opposed to what atheist enjoy? Zilch,nada,zero! If anything,atheists are faring better than you mentally enslaved nutjobs. You claim you have Jesus yet,you fear death,you pray against imaginary enemies,you have distrust of your relatives,everyone is viewed as an obstacle to your progress. Spraying & staining everything and everywhere with your nonsensical blood of jesus. You claim to love god yet,you're not in a hurry to meet him. You want to enjoy all the goodies this sinful earth can offer,then fly to meet your skydaddy and claim your mansion in the sky. Smh! You religious folks are the biggest jokers to have ever transversed the earth. Is it any wonder you folks aren't taken seriously anymore?

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by That2: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
cold:
Your Jesus is a fraud,your god does not exist,if he does,he is completely useless in the scheme of things. What special treatment do you enjoy as an adherent of your sky daddy as opposed to what atheist enjoy? Zilch,nada,zero! If anything,atheists are faring better than you mentally enslaved nutjobs. You claim you have Jesus yet,you fear death,you pray against imaginary enemies,you have distrust of your relatives,everyone is viewed as an obstacle to your progress. Spraying & staining everything and everywhere with your nonsensical blood of jesus. You claim to love god yet,you're not in a hurry to meet him. You want to enjoy all the goodies this sinful earth can offer,then fly to meet your skydaddy and claim your mansion in the sky. Smh! You religious folks are the biggest jokers to have ever transversed the earth. Is it any wonder you folks aren't taken seriously anymore?
My friend. That is just the hypocrisy of religion!
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Briareos(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
dabossman:

Ah, Charles Darwin, yeah right. It so easy for you to believe that man evolved to the level of homo sapien because some dude said so. So what has stunted the evolution of man? Or is homo sapien the best we can get? When will we maybe evolve to the point where our arms become wings so we can fly unassisted by mechanical contraptions.
Will my dog someday walk upright on two legs and speak like a man or is it only the human specie that has been selfishly gifted with this higher level of evolution? How unfair can nature be?

Seems to me that just as some people believe in what you call biblical fairytales, you also believe in fairy tales as written by Charles Darwin. Personally, I prefer Enid Blyton. Gnomes, fairies and unicorns sound more ineresting than Darwin's tales.

I'm gonna ask you just one question. Have you read the book? Most people haven't read the book but rely on a third hand account and interpretation of the book.

Because if you have read it, you'll know evolution takes Millions of years, if not billion. Its like a child growing, he never notices his growth.

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by decatalyst(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
An amazing testimony to the healing power of Jesus, even by a scientist. May Jesus him self reveal to the doubting Thomas how he changes situations dubbed impossible to plethora of possibilities.

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Liekiller(f): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
Good that he survived, but... I'd say next time save the probably millions of $$ spent for his evacuation and rescue, and let the prayers cure him. If that's what he believes then he should actually be decent enough to NOT accept that so much is spent on his rescue since it's unnecessary, right?? That money could then be spent for others.
Seriously, this is quite irritating. The plane that evacuated him and high-tech medicine that cured him, and so on, are a result of SCIENCE, not God. Maybe religious fanatics should be denied such services until they start giving credit to whom it belongs. angry

3 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by duni04(m): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
CharmO1: I thank God for the Blood of Jesus that was shed for the world. That Blood has made grace available to everyone. Just imagine if we were in the old testament era! Some people would have been consumed by fire. Hehehe!

Anyway, to all my brothers and sisters in faith, y'all need to stop arguing with atheists. They won't believe what they don't understand. Science can be studied and understood completely but the concept of an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient invisible Being that created everything is totally mind-boggling for them. They believe in what their eyes can see. We believe in what our spirits and souls feel. So you see, it takes an extra special ability to be able to put your belief in Someone who you haven't seen. Until they see it, they won't believe and feel it. I hate that some of us Christians resort to insulting them, rather we should pray and do our part to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Insulting them won't change their minds and neither would using CAPITAL LETTERS lol.

And to my atheist brothers and sisters, please learn to stop agitating folks. Skip a thread when the title has a tag you don't like or agree with. Example: I won't be caught viewing a thread that has any of the following tags: Islam, Muslim, Sharia, satan, illuminati, atheists (lol). I avoid these tags cos they don't concern me. I understand that this forum affords people free expression of opinions but don't create strife when expressing your opinion. It only make you look desperate for attention at best and at worst a cyber troll.

This doctor said he thanks God for his survival, well that is his opinion and belief. Why should people get mad at him for what he believes? He also acknowledged that medicine and medical personnel aided in his recovery. I really don't think it's anyone's business who he thanks for his healing.

If you think God is racial then you don't think much of yourself. You most likely have psychological issues based on your darker skin. God created us all and He called us beautiful and good. Whatever bad experiences we pass through is our own making not His cos He has shown us the way to Him and that's through Jesus Christ. And mind you, God never said in the Bible that Christians won't suffer cos it is mentioned severally about trials and tribulations for Christians but His grace is sufficient to help us overcome those problems.

Happy Sunday people and God bless us all!
You've charmed me with this, very impressive.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by StOla: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Briareos:

So, if you dont have access to zmapp, you are doomed with ebola no matter how hard or how fervent you pray?

In a world where miracles are scarce, the new religious belief is that a human intervention is needed before the attention of heaven is drawn to the plight of man.

Case 1. Married woman remains barren for over 10yrs. After years of prayers she finally decides to cough out some hard earned money and bows at the altar of science. Through some IVF procedures she gets pregnant and the religious term it a miracle. God is wonderful!

Case 2. A student studies and is well prepared for an exam. Success is achieved and the religious say it's a miracle. Student has only been asked to reproduce what he has been taught, which in itself is part of the body of knowledge already known to man.
For those who failed, I guess they attend the wrong church and the irreligious who likewise passed the exam was only lucky.

3 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Ela59: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2014

Thousand have already died and some are under severe pain, but because of this Doctor the antidose of the killer disease was partially dictected. Its time for you to appriciate you existance.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by StOla: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
Liekiller: Good that he survived, but... I'd say next time save the probably millions of $$ spent for his evacuation and rescue, and let the prayers cure him. If that's what he believes then he should actually be decent enough to NOT accept that so much is spent on his rescue since it's unnecessary, right?? That money could then be spent for others.
Seriously, this is quite irritating. The plane that evacuated him and high-tech medicine that cured him, and so on, are a result of SCIENCE, not God. Maybe religious fanatics should be denied such services until they start giving credit to whom it belongs. angry

Not only is it irritating, it is demoralising.
And to think these very type of fanatics have rallied against all that would make this world less miserable to mankind.
Such people have rallied against stem cell research and the like, yet they crucify a husband who decides it's time for his comatose wife to be taken off an ARTIFICIAL life machine.
That episode was quite hilarious. The church fighting for the right to artificial life.
If science and technology did not advance in spite of the church, would there be an artificial life machine to fight over?

3 Likes

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
duni04:
You've charmed me with this, very impressive.
My brother, it's just the Gospel truth.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Aringon(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
I pray that God in His infinite mercies will forgive u for ur blasphemy and show u a bit of His way for u to know that there is God.
May what happened to Saul happen to u, may all u put ur hand on suffer a bit for u to recognise ur source IJN. Amen.

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
What a white doofus...the serum saved his white a55 .....wtf?

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by anwanie: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
smileyJesus christ is the same yesterday today and forever'if you don't belive you will perish like other victims.,in his name every diseases are healed,there is only one way to find out the Truth become a victim and call on his name in faith.you will be more exited to publish ur testimony in every media house.,this not religion but life and reality.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by bwideity: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
JESUS IS LORD.

The problem i have with you Nigeria is that you are just a product of copy and paste, just because some scientist is trying to observe things from another angle does not mean they don't believe in GOD, in fact most of the things that i read about science and scientist only come to one conclusion that there is one big perfect master planner behind everything we found in the universe.

Everything in this Universe and other Universe point to one direction and that direction is GOD.

Look into Genesis account again, you can try to search Google for Book of Enoch , Book of Abraham and read more and clear your though about the GOD of creation.

If you think you are just here or living on denial will grant you any special favor in the world to come , then you need to rethink.

JESUS IS LORD.

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Scyllapatron:

it's always absurd when fools talk about God, especially bigoted semi-educated fools, most especially from 3rd worlds..
Say what u like... Devine knowledge comes from God .. Get that into your emty coconut head.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by orbitame2011: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
GOD GIVE WISDOM TO SOLVE PROBLEMS

Exodus 31:1-6

1AND THE Lord said to Moses,
2See, I have called by name Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.

3And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and ability, in understanding and intelligence, and in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship,

4To devise skillful works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in bronze,

5And in cutting of stones for setting, and in carving of wood, to work in all kinds of craftsmanship.

6And behold, I have appointed with him Aholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and to all who are wisehearted I have given wisdom and ability to make all that I have commanded you:
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by oluwashegunfunm(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
Everything and anything that was used in making zmapp or whatever cure for the American doctor was created by God. I think thats why hes thanking him.
Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by UrbanMystique: 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Zikdik: I wonder why Christians are agitating for their doG. If he's so powerful, let him carry out the threats of destruction you're making for him. In the meantime, feel free to capslock me to death.
You're welcome.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by fajani(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
UrbanMystique:
science doesnt claim to know everything, its not a deity, it just a process. science has proven itself worthy over the years than religion ever did. god claims it can do everything but waits for science to cover its ass.

btw, what would you rather do if you have headache? use paracetamol or pray?

ebola victims are dieing despite their belief in god, science saved them, science made god look like crap. gerrit?

e.g you someone tells you that burping into the air can make you fly and you believed with all your heart, you are in airplane and suddenly there is a plane crash and you jumped off the plane, now its time to test your burping belief.. you burped repeatedly and not happened, you are about to die and someone suddenly gave you a parachute, the parachute saved your life (despite parachute showing you burping is full of crap and the person that gave you the idea in the first place) you still go ahead and thank the person that gave you the idea of burping for creating parachute grin

so burping created parachute so it can look like crap right?
Fool of the highest order... I don't want to judge any of you anti Christ.. Just believe this that science is made by God.. Are you saying the experimental drug healed the doctor? Absolutely No. Some people took the drug yet they died at last. Even the white men who invent the drug is not 100% sure, that's why it's experimental... Go and infect yourself with Ebola and take that your so called science made drug, and wait may be you will be healed. You this bloody unbeliever. It shall be well with the people of Sodom and Gomora than you people who believe not in the power of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

‘BSC In Law’ Graduate, Vera Anyim Storms Dunamis Church In Port Harcourt / TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.