Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

What Car Should A Young Man Get? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Should A Young Man Get? (8827 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
I have a friend who wants to get his first car but he is getting advise to buy a car that he doesnt want.

My friend is 24 years old and he wants to get a 2009 toyota highlander. His parents and older siblings say that the car is too big for him and will attract too much attention.

I myself wanted to buy a jeep like that and I got the same advise- "the car is too big for you". angry Luckily, I am using a relative's camry.

If someone has wizkid's stature, does that mean he can not buy a jeep, even if he has the money?

Furthermore, most people advise that he should get a camry or a kia optima or if a jeep- kia sportage or hyundai ix10 or rav 4. (2008 models and above)

by the way, his budget is 3.5M

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Unionised(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
How about a Mercedes Benz 190?
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by banjicom(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
.!cheesy sad sad cheesy .......I wanna sell my IJAPA volkswagen!

3 Likes

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Whatever you and him can afford, buy it. Nothing wrong with having a big car as long as you can afford petrol costs.
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Unionised: How about a Mercedes Benz 190?

Benz na wahala to repair naa grin
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fulaman198: Whatever you and him can afford, buy it. Nothing wrong with having a big car as long as you can afford petrol costs.

Highlander's petrol usage is okay. Not really expensive
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Heycube(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Toyota Muscle or EOD....as for me
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Heycube: Toyota Muscle or EOD....as for me

which one is toyota muscle? 08 camry?
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Unionised(m): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Exactly Sir!
We all need an experience with the older, more troublesome cars before getting that dream ride cool
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Unionised:

Exactly Sir!
We all need an experience with the older, more troublesome cars before getting that dream ride cool

Okay.

But times have changed. There is demand for flashy cars grin grin grin
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by poik(m): 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
I agree. The '09 Highlander is too big for. A twenty-four year old, coming from a bent of modesty and economics. Though I don't know his financial capability.

A man's ride speaks volumes about him. Be sure to make the right statement
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
poik: I agree. The '09 Highlander is too big for. A twenty-four year old, coming from a bent of modesty and economics. Though I don't know his financial capability.

A man's ride speaks volumes about him. Be sure to make the right statement

What about young girls of 21 to 22 driving range rover evogue? grin grin

So what statement should a man of 24 make with a car?
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by poik(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

What about young girls of 21 to 22 driving range rover evogue? grin grin

So what statement should a man of 24 make with a car?

Are you talking of THEIR evoque or their parents'? Is it to drive it or maintain it? Besides, with my amateur robbing skills I can easily dispossess such a girl of such a car, and she caused it partially. Am not saying its honourable to steal o.
A man of twenty four should make a statement of propriety, convenient economics, and humble modesty. A toyota muscle is not too bad. That's of course if he bought the ride with his money, and is maintaining it himself.
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2014
poik:

Are you talking of THEIR evoque or their parents'? Is it to drive it or maintain it? Besides, with my amateur robbing skills I can easily dispossess such a girl of such a car, and she caused it partially. Am not saying its honourable to steal o.
A man of twenty four should make a statement of propriety, convenient economics, and humble modesty. A toyota muscle is not too bad. That's of
course if he bought the ride with his money, and is maintaining it himself.

You sound like one of those wise but annoying old parents.

"son, buy a small car you can manage...dont act like you are a playboy"

1 Like

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by poik(m): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You sound like one of those wise but annoying old parents.

"son, buy a small car you can manage...dont act like you are a playboy"

I can understand where u are coming from. But u will appreciate the wisdom of modesty soon enough. Everyone desires that head-turning rides that would make the ladies swoon and heads turn, but the reality of it, and the vanity of it, are not mates. Cheers!!
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
poik:

I can understand where u are coming from. But u will appreciate the wisdom of modesty soon enough. Everyone desires that head-turning rides that would make the ladies swoon and heads turn, but the reality of it, and the vanity of it, are not mates. Cheers!!

true talk
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by billy187(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
I don't see anything wrong with your friend driving a big'ish' car like a highlander. If he can afford it, why not?

If he ends up driving a car he does not desire, odds are that he'll never really love that car which can translate into poor maintenance.

At 21 I drove a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban! Go google a pic of that suv...its almost twice as large as a Highlander!! .....let ur bro follow his heart!

Cheers!
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Kingsteve(m): 2:46am On Aug 24, 2014
Since he has 3.5m to burn, he should consider these rides.
Acura '09 MDX and Infiniti '08 and above M35, G35.

Highlander is for older folks, not so cool for a young guy...he should buy a car that fits his age, unless he looks older than 24.
cheers!

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2014
poik:

My guy, more classic wines to you stomach. I love you man. 'Very sane.
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2014
How about a nice juicy IVM SUV from Innoson? wink
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
Siena: How about a nice juicy IVM SUV from Innoson? wink

NOOOOOOO!!!
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
Kingsteve: Since he has 3.5m to burn, he should consider these rides.

Highlander is for older folks, not so cool for a young guy...he should buy a car that fits his age, unless he looks older than 24.
cheers!

Na armed robber go follow you
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Siena: How about a nice juicy IVM SUV from Innoson? wink

That one is for autonomous community chiefs. grin

1 Like

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2014
TheBigUrban2: NOOOOOOO!!!

Why not, bro? It's a big SUV, can be had for less than N3.5M, will have local support. And as well, you'll be patronising an indigenous product. wink
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2014
mercylicious:

grin grin grin
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Eyop: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Says who? It depends on which of the Benz you are interested in.
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Eyop: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2014
Kingsteve: Since he has 3.5m to burn, he should consider these rides.

cheers!
The Acura looks more flashy compared to the Highlander
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Eyop: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2014
mercylicious:

cheesy grin
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by calobinna(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2014
lexus jeep...or a camry!

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Siena:

Why not, bro? It's a big SUV, can be had for less than N3.5M, will have local support. And as well, you'll be patronising an indigenous product. wink

Yes, but there is not much info on innoson and dealerships. Toyota, Honda etc are all regulated by nternational standard
Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by TheBigUrban2: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Eyop:
The Acura looks more flashy compared to the Highlander

Yes oo

1 Like

Re: What Car Should A Young Man Get? by Eyop: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Yes oo
Let your friend buy any car of his or her choice. I don't need an advice to select what i want provided the money is there for the purchase and maintenance. But most especially your friend should make sure there's good investment in place before investing much on a liability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Doctors: / Hmnm... To Buy Or Not To Buy. Mercedes Benz 1988 500 SEC / Mercedes Benz 190E: Before And After Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.