Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866215 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
kennyrony:

Your age might contribute to d denial. Going for BSc at that age...

I said am going as a transfer student, you may be right but I still don't think its a factor because I see older bros been given visas..... All is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gentle4christ:

am 30yrs, applied for BSc in Business Administration (transfer student), Never been denied visa until today, my Uncle agreed to be my sponsor, already had HND Business Administration.
just like my friend younger brother was denied visa becos he had national diploma and want to go further in US college and the ECO denied him outrightly.HND and BSC are the same in recognition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gentle4christ:

I said am going as a transfer student, you may be right but I still don't think its a factor because I see older bros been given visas..... All is well
I knew there was a disconnect. You can get a masters degree with your HND, all you need to do is to evaluate your transcript visa WES and search for schools that accept WES. That aside, since you're applying for a transfer was it stated in your i-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Walspring:

Sorry you dont pay for DS160, i think you referring to visa fee...

www.ceac.state.gov (DS160 site)

www.cgifederal.secure.force.com (appointment site)
please i cant access the site, please what be the problem... I need your help please everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
haffikem:

please explain better...gots lots of info muddled up
he wants me to tell him if he should use statement of account of govt to sponsor me and if he should write to the sch on state letter heading that they are sponsoring me on scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:
Big hi to all the gurus in the house working non stop to keep this thread freshing,may God reward yu all. . .the following are my challenges,i hav been invited to england 3times by my brother who sent me all d necessary documents i mean all financial details.meanwhile,i applied as "not working" student of polytechnic part time. i submited my personal documents including everytin from my naija sch wit evidence of academic continuty to show dat i wil com bak afta d 2wks holiday.though am nt working nd i hav no job but the ECO denied me dat am not employed each time. . .now dis is my case concernin USA:i av just finished diploma nd i want to apply to VIU a US university to transfer my credits so as to minise my yr of study,my inlaw who is privy to a state account want to give me state issued document as sponsor nd he wants me to draw a plan of how he should addres d letta to the sch to secure me admision whether he should write on top d letta headin that i won state academic sponsored scholarship, pls i nid help
Why VIU? Which agent is helping you secure visa denial? You had better wake-up from your sleep and do your necessary work yourself. What is VIU of all the better schools in US? undecided

While in Nigeria, I usually pay my cousins BIS monthly, I stopped paying the day he asked me a question he would comfortably get with google.com, this shows how blind he is to know Smartphones are not just for game or social networks, they are also there to arm yourself with information.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
I knew there was a disconnect. You can get a masters degree with your HND, all you need to do is to evaluate your transcript visa WES and search for schools that accept WES. That aside, since you're applying for a transfer was it stated in your i-20?

It wasn't stated, pls can u suggest a school that allows WES evaluation only for Masters, I already did mine... I will be greatful if you can link me up with such info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
pcbo:
Visa approved,am too happy to even write
Have to cooled down before I drive,will update soon

Congrats.
Pls post transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gentle4christ:

It wasn't stated, pls can u suggest a school that allows WES evaluation only for Masters, I already did mine... I will be greatful if you can link me up with such info
http://www.wes.org/students/index.asp? The link provides a detailed step towards evaluating your OND and HND transcript. I am sure when you're interested, folks here would put you through on how to get it done.

Even if you want to escape at least make a better case for yourself, if you had applied for a masters program, that's a good profile that fits your present status.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Why VIU? Which agent is helping you secure visa denial? You had better wake-up from your sleep and do your necessary work yourself. What is VIU of all the better schools in US? undecided

While in Nigeria, I usually pay my cousins BIS monthly, I stopped paying the day he asked me a question would comfortably get with google.com, this shows how blind he is to know Smartphones are not just for game or social networks, they are also there to arm yourself with information.
am doing it myself and im applying to VIU cos they accept unofficial scanned transcripts. any better sch that accept scanned documents suggestions are welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gentle4christ:
Central Michigan University

Me: good morning
VO: good morning
VO: Why did u want to study in the Us
Me: Told her
Vo: how did u get d school
me: us news.com and Google
Vo: what are u doing after u grad
Me: working with......
Vo:who's ur sponsor
Me: my uncle
Vo: why is he sponsoring u
Me: he's had taken it upon himself to sponsor my education which he fulfilled previously
Vo: tell me more abt CMU
Me: gave her lecture on d strength on d school on that particular course. And she then cuts in....
Am sorry.... Bla bla...

She was just denying people since!
My sch is to resume May 11 I don't know what to do now self...

I tire!

Sorry about the delay
However this is a cagey transcript.

You didn't tell us what you said.
You have to type what you said to the VO
What lecture did you give her about CmU when she asked you to tell her more about the school ?
What have you been doing since tour undergrad. Type it.

People can correct your missteps so you can get your visa next time.
It's not over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:
am doing it myself and im applying to VIU cos they accept unofficial scanned transcripts. any better sch that accept scanned documents suggestions are welcome
Have you bothered to ask? I am sure there are schools that accept unofficial scanned transcripts. You should be ready to invest if you want the best out of USA. The money you are hiding will still be gulped from you if not in Nigeria, but when you get here.

Get back to the table and drop that VIU crap glorified secondary school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
ebdib:

Sorry about the delay
However this is a cagey transcript.

You didn't tell us what you said.
You have to type what you said to the VO
What lecture did you give her about CmU when she asked you to tell her more about the school ?
What have you been doing since tour undergrad. Type it.

People can correct your missteps so you can get your visa next time.
It's not over.
Did you settle for the Thesis or you're writing comprehensive exam? I don't know which one is better, but I will probably go through the thesis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Have you bothered to ask? I am sure there are schools that accept unofficial scanned transcripts. You should be ready to invest if you want the best out of USA. The money you are hiding will still be gulped from you if not in Nigeria, but when you get here.

Get back to the table and drop that VIU crap glorified secondary school.
I know u are an embodiment of info. . .baba pls troway 4 me na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gentle4christ:

Do you know wat dey are going for? Most likely Master... even if it is undergraduate you don't know the age on der passport. Anyway that's not an issue. Just try and put urself together and refire. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Did you settle for the Thesis or you're writing comprehensive exam? I don't know which one is better, but I will probably go through the thesis.

Go through thesis. Non thesis won't provide opportunity to further more if later you decided to go for more advanced grad school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:
Alot of good school accept scanned documents bro. What course are you going for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:
I know u are an embodiment of info. . .baba pls troway 4 me na
www.google.com.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:

Forget about that VIU. It's the cheapest way of getting denied. It's a matter of typing keywords or phrase like "schools that accept unofficial scanned transcripts" on google. Wayne state university is one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
kennyrony:

Alot of good school accept scanned documents bro. What course are you going for?
i hav my foundation grounded in busines management and i wish to further in busines studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
imperiouxx:

Go through thesis. Non thesis won't provide opportunity to further more if later you decided to go for more advanced grad school.
I will, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
imperiouxx:

Forget about that VIU. It's the cheapest way of getting denied. It's a matter of typing keywords or phrase like "schools that accept unofficial scanned transcripts" on google. Wayne state university is one.
thanks,lets find out cos some in my archive are mostly pure and applied sci
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
biikeys:

Well, on-campus jobs are also hard to get at UTA. Transportation to school will be a challenge if you can't get an on-campus apartment (no public transportation), but those are typically not difficult to get.
Not trying to discourage you, but you might face the same funding issues there too. Just make sure to secure funding before accepting their offer. Once you get in, it more or less becomes same struggle
They have a good Mech program though.

Thanks for the info. I just found out that you have to pay $15k a year irrespective of how many classes you take. Then school accommodation is about 3 to 7k for the regular semesters and additional 700 to 1800$ for summer. they use a 4-1-4-1 system which means 3 classes in 4 months with no job too. This one hard oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
It seems Alabama is a racist state, politically awkward,
educationally backward place from the reviews. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
ebdib I sent you a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
www.google.com.
can state govt statement of acc be used to secure admision and visa on d pretence dat i was awarded scholarship cos my inlaw working as state accountant general is privy to it as signatory and he want to write me letter of sponsor based on d award
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pugilist: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
toluhere:

Oga, has the school (MTU) contacted you yet?

Yeah, I was denied but it's no biggie though because denial is part of the process
Patiently awaiting good news from the other options.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pugilist: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
toluhere:

Oga, has the school (MTU) contacted you yet?

How far with your own MTU waka?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
curiobling:
can state govt statement of acc be used to secure admision and visa on d pretence dat i was awarded scholarship cos my inlaw working as state accountant general is privy to it as signatory and he want to write me letter of sponsor based on d award
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
sirRiddy:
It seems Alabama is a racist state, politically awkward,
educationally backward place from the reviews. undecided
tongue You are as well a Racist tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
it would be almost impossible to stop a goat from eating yam even if it contains poisonous substance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by toluhere(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
pugilist:

Yeah, I was denied but it's no biggie though because denial is part of the process
Patiently awaiting good news from the other options.
wow
what course and what's Ur GPA like sir?
I'm waiting for them too and my GPA is low like anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.