Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866272 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
It has one of the worst reviews I have
ever read besides Mississipi and Utah.
RACISM
TERRIBLE IMMIGRATION LAWS
WIDE RICH-POOR GAP
BAD EDUCATONAL SYSTEM
No be small thing slimmy. TN is north of the
state sha. Abi you fit fly bike go run investigation
for your guy?
slimmy05:
tongue You are as well a Racist tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
sirRiddy:
RACISM
WIDE RICH-POOR GAP
BAD EDUCATONAL SYSTEM
for your guy?
Run fire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hehehe
slimmy05:
Run fire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
sirRiddy:
RACISM
WIDE RICH-POOR GAP
BAD EDUCATONAL SYSTEM
for your guy?

Oga
Forget all those stupid ratings.
Would you rather go to north Dakota? After all its the best state according to rankings.

You're going to school not live.
College towns have safety cushions. Most of those places talked about are black neighborhoods where ghetto mentality reigns.

Alabama is a nice place. If you gk there study keep your head low. Mississippi is nice too. Ole miss(Umiss) is actually a wonderful school. Utah is not bad too.

Rule of the thumb. Never believe Internet reviews.
Apply where ever you like. You're going to school, after school you can bounce to California or north Dakota. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Did you settle for the Thesis or you're writing comprehensive exam? I don't know which one is better, but I will probably go through the thesis.

Thesis option bro
I'm transferring my modules to the PhD however.
How's Johnson City.
O boy small town life is not easy.
Be strong!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thanks ebdib.
I actually thought of lawanson, bariga and ijora with those description some folks gave about the place.
I mailed the graduate coordinator and two profs at the software engineering lab. The profs seemed impressed with my research activities but they are skeptical about ms funding in the first semester. I am considering the PhD option provided I can get enough information that I have a chance to get in. I would have to send more mails in the morning sha.
Up Barca...psg don dey chop am.
By the way, I sent you an email.
ebdib:

Oga
Forget all those stupid ratings.
Would you rather go to north Dakota? After all its the best state according to rankings.

You're going to school not live.
College towns have safety cushions. Most of those places talked about are black neighborhoods where ghetto mentality reigns.

Alabama is a nice place. If you gk there study keep your head low. Mississippi is nice too. Ole miss(Umiss) is actually a wonderful school. Utah is not bad too.

Rule of the thumb. Never believe Internet reviews.
Apply where ever you like. You're going to school, after school you can bounce to California or north Dakota. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
osahons9:

Thanks for the info. I just found out that you have to pay $15k a year irrespective of how many classes you take. Then school accommodation is about 3 to 7k for the regular semesters and additional 700 to 1800$ for summer. they use a 4-1-4-1 system which means 3 classes in 4 months with no job too. This one hard oh.

You need to take at least 9 credit hours each semester(9 hours including other fees is approx $8k), and you need to be enrolled in the Fall and Spring(summer is not compulsory). So if you choose not to take summer classes, you are looking at at least $16k a year without living expenses..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks ebdib.
I actually thought of lawanson, bariga and ijora with those description some folks gave about the place.
I mailed the graduate coordinator and two profs at the software engineering lab. The profs seemed impressed with my research activities but they are skeptical about ms funding in the first semester. I am considering the PhD option provided I can get enough information that I have a chance to get in. I would have to send more mails in the morning sha.
Up Barca...psg don dey chop am.
By the way, I sent you an email.

Alabama is a pretty good state. The cost of living to around average and I think the schools in Alabama are quite good. I think Alabama is a place that can help you establish your footing in America before you move either to the East Coast or West Coast if you want to. There are a number of HBCUs in Alabama. Attending an HBCU has a strong advantage because often times you have a good support system that might come in handy. e.g Tuskegee Univeristy, Alabama State University.

I live and school in Alabama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
kennyrony:

It means you don't visit d embassy not later than 120days to resumption date.

Not earlier than 120 days bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
I am grateful bro. Can I send you a pm please? I would like to ask some private questions. I am considering UA tuscaloosa.
sosonic:

Alabama is a pretty good state. The cost of living to around average and I think the schools in Alabama are quite good. I think Alabama is a place that can help you establish your footing in America before you move either to the East Coast or West Coast if you want to. There are a number of HBCUs in Alabama. Attending an HBCU has a strong advantage because often times you have a good support system that might come in handy. e.g Tuskegee Univeristy, Alabama State University.

I live and school in Alabama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
pugilist:

Yeah, I was denied but it's no biggie though because denial is part of the process
Patiently awaiting good news from the other options.
Sorry for the denial... I guess it not about GPA, probably you did not apply early or so. wishing u all d best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
toluhere:

wow
what course and what's Ur GPA like sir?
I'm waiting for them too and my GPA is low like anything
It not all about low GPA. U can be accepted. Be positive. Will love to see someone heading to MTU too. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
ebdib:

Thesis option bro
I'm transferring my modules to the PhD however.
How's Johnson City.
O boy small town life is not easy.
Be strong!!
Good. I would be fine during summer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
I am grateful bro. Can I send you a pm please? I would like to ask some private questions. I am considering UA tuscaloosa.

Yeah, feel free to send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:23am On Apr 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
Happy birthday to a man I have
so much respect and admiration for.
Enjoy your day!

Thanks big boss and i am very grateful for your comment and best wishes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:23am On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
Visa approved,am too happy to even write
Have to cooled down before I drive,will update soon

Congrats bro and enjoy your stay in Obamaland..

Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:24am On Apr 16, 2015
mattkelly:

Congrats,Which kain cool music?Abegi,they listen to Failila Keitan by Olamide.you deserve to celebrate it joo.. grin grin grin grin

You go like party no be small oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:28am On Apr 16, 2015
MissyDivah:
Okay PM me asap....... I hope it's about money if not PM me next year grin

I sent you pm now.. Check your email and reply!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:29am On Apr 16, 2015
toluhere:

Oga, has the school (MTU) contacted you yet?

MTU - is it Mountain Top University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 12:31am On Apr 16, 2015
Walspring:

Michigan Technological University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 12:33am On Apr 16, 2015
Walspring:

Yes,Mountain of Fire university.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 12:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Walspring:

You go like party no be small oo

Of course naa,Just a pity say i no dey drink nor smoke..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:55am On Apr 16, 2015
kennyrony:

Michigan Technological University

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:56am On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Why VIU? Which agent is helping you secure visa denial? You had better wake-up from your sleep and do your necessary work yourself. What is VIU of all the better schools in US? undecided

While in Nigeria, I usually pay my cousins BIS monthly, I stopped paying the day he asked me a question he would comfortably get with google.com, this shows how blind he is to know Smartphones are not just for game or social networks, they are also there to arm yourself with information.

You are right, most folks used their smartphone for game or social networks and extra cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2015
glitter24:
please i cant access the site, please what be the problem... I need your help please everyone

Check your browser or maybe its under maintenance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:58am On Apr 16, 2015
curiobling:
Big hi to all the gurus in the house working non stop to keep this thread freshing,may God reward yu all. . .the following are my challenges,i hav been invited to england 3times by my brother who sent me all d necessary documents i mean all financial details.meanwhile,i applied as "not working" student of polytechnic part time. i submited my personal documents including everytin from my naija sch wit evidence of academic continuty to show dat i wil com bak afta d 2wks holiday.though am nt working nd i hav no job but the ECO denied me dat am not employed each time. . .now dis is my case concernin USA:i av just finished diploma nd i want to apply to VIU a US university to transfer my credits so as to minise my yr of study,my inlaw who is privy to a state account want to give me state issued document as sponsor nd he wants me to draw a plan of how he should addres d letta to the sch to secure me admision whether he should write on top d letta headin that i won state academic sponsored scholarship, pls i nid help

Kindly try a better school and dont waste your time and effort VIU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:59am On Apr 16, 2015
Gentle4christ:
Pls house I have been trying to re-apply but its still showing me the previous one I did today, do I need to cancel the previous one first? Please kindly give me step by step process to re-apply. I will be very greatful.... Gurus pls I need help ooo

Kindly take a chill pie with cold drink and after 24 hours you can re apply and book another appointment date

Wishing you success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2015
profojah:

I've done that...I've been visiting UBA day by day as if i be dansaki...the money just hang on my ledger balance...I've contacted PayPal also and they've also called to tell me the problem is from the bank..Hopefully it will be resolved before nextweek...

If UBA still dey do anyhow, I'll send you some money before Friday to help me out!...Your head is valid

Okay sir and i pray UBA resolve it for you asap and if not speed dial my 11 digits
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2015
mattkelly:

Yes,Mountain of Fire university.. grin grin grin

LOl...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MissyDivah(f): 3:09am On Apr 16, 2015
Is that a command or what?
Walspring:

I sent you pm now.. Check your email and reply!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Good morning,
please for my friends in graduate school, how many credit hours will I register for in my first semester? Like what range?
Wish you all a lovely thursday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
congrats.
Good to have good news from the embassy after
a long time
Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.