Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868944 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
When you get your visa kindly confirm that. Whe. You collect your passport I mean
i will and also thanks for your help on the thread ,i salute you but pls tell Baba imperiouxx to give me some of the beer ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05 which one be "Expedited Student Visa Appointments" grin pls explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
i will have to call him then, thanks alot bro, can i get your contact so i can email you if i have any questions or need advice
slimmy05:
Cal that mugu, or wait till 2nd week of May and email the red neck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
amanze15:
slimmy05 which one be "Expedited Student Visa Appointments" grin pls explain
Mr man you had better face your visa interview than chase around things that you don't need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
i will have to call him then, thanks alot bro, can i get your contact so i can email you if i have any questions or need advice
I am sure you have someone here. The person should be able to feed you with detailed information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Mr man you had better face your visa interview than chase around things that you don't need
lol no be my fault o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Boss thanks for the reply im residing at akwa ibom state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gentle4Christ, what exactly are your plans now? Do you want to book for another interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Gentle4Christ, what exactly are your plans now? Do you want to book for another interview?

I mailed the school to defer my admission for next session so I can think and make the necessary move.... Pls kindly advise me if there are better options... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gentle4christ:

I mailed the school to defer my admission for next session so I can think and make the necessary move.... Pls kindly advise me if there are better options... Thanks
why not apply for masters for spring session which starts in January? Then evaluate your transcript and send to schools that accept WES evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
Had my appointment at 8;30,got to the embassy around 6:45 ,cos i couldnt sleep and it was the first time i pray in 7 years but was dumbfolded when i started speaking tongues when praying during the dawn.
When i arrived at the embassy,there were many people waiting already,the 7:30 crew was called in ,then after an hour we were called
at the first point,the officer collected all my visa appointment letter,SEVIS ,reciept and checked if all was right ,after i was given a tag with number on ,i then proceed to do my bio-metrics.
We were separated into non-immigrant and immigrant .Only 2 VOs were attending to the non-immigrants and it was a young guy and lady,both white.after seating,the first 20 were all rejected ,then next 10 after only 2 were given by the lady.The white guy will drilled you are after refused you,whiles the lady gave to a bereaved couple only going to their son's funeral.
So i was kinda scared but wanted ,the lady since she was the lesser devil.Was about going to guy ,when an elderly lady jump-started me to the guy.Hence was favored to go to the lady.

VO:Why do u want to go to US
Me:I want to go to US for my undergraduate education in Elect.Eng
VO:why that University
Me:told her that, they have a mandatory Co-op Engineering program and as an experiential learner it will help me,with hands on the job training,which help me back in the Ghana
VO:Which other schs did u apply and accepted?
Me:Rochester Institute of Technology,Penn state and Rice university
Vo: ok,wow
VO:y dis program
ME: i stayed in the rural area ,and noticed that they are not connected to the national grid ,hence their socio-econimic impact is very low as they dont have affordable and suistainable energy to help them improve their storage and presevation of their agric products produced ,but i beleieve that the program will offer me more opportunity to research about off-grid tech ,which when am back will help to power this local communities.
VO:wow,even Prez. Obama mmentioned about off-grid technology as game-changer in his POWER Africa initiative
VO:who will sponsor you
ME:father
VO:ooh i see you have scholarship,but i can see his statement
ME: gave it to her,she glance through
VO:your visa application has been granted,come on friday for it and also your program is 54 months
Me: yh ,cos it is Co-op program
VO:ok,well visa is 5yrs ,she then tear a slip and wrote that i should come and pick passport on friday and gave me a book about my rights in US

NB:notice that students weren't many at this time ,since most will wait till 1or 2 months to sch reopening hence Vo got time and it really helped me
Please imperiouxx ,slimmy and co ,am a Ghanaian but a good one with big heart ready to help others on thread and proud NL netizen
So i hope to get some congrat beer emoticon from the Boss imperiouxx ,pls don't deny me smiley

You did your homework!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by onuawuchi: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
The duration of my masters degree as stated on my I20 form is 36months. Most masters program I come across spans for 2 years. I want to know if this one will pose a problem for me at the embassy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

The duration of my masters degree as stated on my I20 form is 36months. Most masters program I come across spans for 2 years. I want to know if this one will pose a problem for me at the embassy
it's normal. Just fill the duration of your stay as written in your I-20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
yes that was what she said
yes Ghanaian get 5 yrs if undergrad but for master i think will be 2
hmm they gave you 5years cos your program is 54months. It aint cos u are ghananian.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yes i do, but none at the school and you seem to have more information on the school than anyone i know
slimmy05:
I am sure you have someone here. The person should be able to feed you with detailed information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
why not apply for masters for spring session which starts in January? Then evaluate your transcript and send to schools that accept WES evaluation?

My transcript are already evaluated by WES before I got this admission. So you don't advise to reapply on this particular one seeing that I will have to spend more for this processing and other stuffs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gentle4christ:

My transcript are already evaluated by WES before I got this admission. So you don't advise to reapply on this particular one seeing that I will have to spend more for this processing and other stuffs.
which transcript did you evaluate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
Yes i do, but none at the school and you seem to have more information on the school than anyone i know
for you to get information on etsu means you have someone in etsu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
kellycute:
hmm they gave you 5years cos your program is 54months. It aint cos u are ghananian.
when he gets his visa, that would conclude. I don't know wen they started issuing 5yeats visa to Undergraduates in Africa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
kellycute:
Really?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
Me: yh ,cos it is Co-op program
VO:ok,well visa is 5yrs ,she then tear a slip and wrote that i should come and pick passport on friday and gave me a book about my rights in US

Hi friend, it's a small world.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Aulor(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hello house, pls anybody going to New York this April?
Also, does anyone here have experience flying with Turkish airline?
Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hello my ogas...I contacted the Mech department of Texas a&m. I asked when i should expect a decision. HERE'S the reply 'Admission decisions are continually being made up until April 30th.'......

Is that as they make a decision they inform the applicant or they would release everything on the 30TH. My status still shows under review anyway. Trying to decipher that terse response. Englishmen and ladies on nl come to dicapino's rescue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
imperiouxx:

Hi friend, it's a small world.

Cheers!
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
gunther6:

Make I talk true make Devil shame I nodded off for a moment or two during my GRE but the centre is on point
I can attest to this unparalleled service. French connection is second to none in Lagos in terms of service. On the other hand, they have their flaws too. I could remember the day I was writing my GRE late last year, a lady was asking one of the officials there for clarifications on how to report test scores, the guy wasn't cool enough to assist. Unfortunately, the lady clicked the wrong prompt, her test score was not reported, she couldn't see it either and she couldn't have a worth for her GRE fee. Simple things in life make us or destroy us. The lady was busy weeping after she realised that it was as good as not writing the test. In all, if you want to feel cool after your exams, French connection is the place to be, however, pls feel free to choose a centre where the holy spirit will connect with u better cheesy grin. Greetings to everyone.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
which transcript did you evaluate?

Both OND and HND transcript.... It was part of the school's requirement. I already have WES ICAP evaluations. They have even mailed my own copy to me too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dopekidd(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
If i wanna register for TOEFL..how much is it gonna cost me? And also doin an international passport. And the name on ma WAEC result is Kareem Ridwan David..can i use Kareem Owolabi David on ma int passport n TOEFL name n SAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
dicapino:
Hello my ogas...I contacted the Mech department of Texas a&m. I asked when i should expect a decision. HERE'S the reply 'Admission decisions are continually being made up until April 30th.'......

Is that as they make a decision they inform the applicant or they would release everything on the 30TH. My status still shows under review anyway. Trying to decipher that terse response. Englishmen and ladies on nl come to dicapino's rescue.
Haha, you've just demonstrated a bit sense of humor and is necessary here.

Well, the decision on whether to grant Admission or not is a continuous process and would elapse at the end of the month which is April 30th.

Of course, once decision's taken, you'll be notified immediately. At this time, you only have to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. You will be fine. But just don't put all your eggs into one basket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
sad Poor lady!
People can be so unlucky. This could be someone
who put a lot into sitting for that test o.
Good to have you, bro.
innovativeame:

I can attest to this unparalleled service. French connection is second to none in Lagos in terms of service. On the other hand, they have their flaws too. I could remember the day I was writing my GRE late last year, a lady was asking one of the officials there for clarifications on how to report test scores, the guy wasn't cool enough to assist. Unfortunately, the lady clicked the wrong prompt, her test score was not reported, she couldn't see it either and she couldn't have a worth for her GRE fee. Simple things in life make us or destroy us. The lady was busy weeping after she realised that it was as good as not writing the test. In all, if you want to feel cool after your exams, French connection is the place to be, however, pls feel free to choose a centre where the holy spirit will connect with u better cheesy grin. Greetings to everyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
bro, i wouldn't have someone there to help with info and still come on here to ask bro
slimmy05:
for you to get information on etsu means you have someone in etsu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
dicapino:

I believe their admission is rolling, so you just have to keep checking. They might make a decision on your application before then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gentle4christ:

Both OND and HND transcript.... It was part of the school's requirement. I already have WES ICAP evaluations. They have even mailed my own copy to me too.
Good. Which programme are you interested in for masters? Do you still want to go with the undergraduate admission?

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.