Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866281 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bolakale66: Hi, house! Is it possible to be granted a visa when your appointment is after your arrival date. E.g arrival date 14 oct, appointment date 16 oct,

You have to apply for an extension before going for the interview. In other words the letter should be taken alongside your documents to the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bibbzy: i have send you PM,gat alot to talk on
seen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
decreamaster: Pls is deer a way to transfer from a college to another one within d first semester?
The fees here r killing

Yes it's possible.
But what do I know, I'm only in a flight school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guyz...must I write GRE bf I can secure admission for masters in engineering?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
decreamaster: Left naija on Tuesday by Qatar air.
Got to murtala
,handed my passport to d first guy for registration and he said wat am I going for,I said am going to study.he said dis visa is not a student visa,na there I look am for face like say him don MAD.
Sorry?are we fine?u need glasses?people don laugh die.he den ran up to the verification post and d lady deer told him its f1.maybe his a learner.
After DAT,went for bag checking and soon am on my way to board d plane.I met some immigrations too on my way checking and asking all sort of foolish question.one even asked for my sch fee or evidence of payment.I told him am required to pay upon arrival.
Shit!dey were all asking for money....I no give dem shishi. grin
At exactly 2:00pm,we too off and we landed at Doha Intl airport at 11:45pm,rush to another connecting flight to Milan at 12:45.we took off at 12:30am and it was as if we won't land again coz it took all d night to get dere. We landed Milan at exactly 6:00 in d morning.I walked down to american airline for my connecting flight to NYC straight away which was suppose to take off at 10:25 but was having a little problem and we didn't took off until 11:00.
Inflight ent was nice.met a Brazilian couple on a vacation to NYC and we talked all d way.it took forever to arrive JFK.meeeen, I wan faint.see turbulence,I never experience am before o.I can really count d hours we used coz d time just scatter for my face.we left mliAn in d morning at 11 and we arrive JFK at 2:30.the flight was like a nine hour or so but am not sure oooo.its just scattered. Port of entry was soooooo smooth,no much questions.why u here?am here to study.can I see or i20?gave him.stamped my passport,took picture of me.and said welcome to america.went for baggage claim,got my bag and left for d city.d first cold DAT welcomed me was noting to write home about.immediately,my ears,nose,hands and feet were super cold as if am in a freezer.
If dis is not yet winter,how will winter be? .got in d air train to Jamaica ave and board d E train to Bronx.days just it oooo.am here.helleluyah

I tap into your testimony IJN........... This Sha be my song too come January IJN

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by orgasticdance: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
mrnilobrawn: Guyz...must I write GRE bf I can secure admission for masters in engineering?
No you must not, but it's generally required at competitive programs. There are a bunch of engineering programs that don't require the GRE. Search around here and google, you should come up with something. An old poster here got into a mech program at CSU, sacramento without doing the TOEFL and GRE. In any case, I'd advise you write the exam though. It's not very difficult if you prepare well. The way i rationalize it is that if you are serious about graduate study in the states you may as well start now by proving to yourself you can ace their standardized tests. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
mrnilobrawn: Guyz...must I write GRE bf I can secure admission for masters in engineering?

Yes, it is necessary but you might find a few schools where it isn't particularly required.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Bolakale66: Hi, house! Is it possible to be granted a visa when your appointment is after your arrival date. E.g arrival date 14 oct, appointment date 16 oct,

Yes and NO..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:44am On Sep 28, 2014
Hi good people.
Now I'm getting worried and I need someone to allay my fears and worries.
I have submitted all supporting documents including test scores except Bank statement. The application is for spring 2015 semester. How long does it take US graduate schools generally to adjudicate on applicants' files. Do they review the files as they come in or will wait until after the application deadline set by the school? In three days we will be in October and time is running pretty quick. How long will I have to wait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 28, 2014
innovativeame: Hi good people.
I have submitted all supporting documents including test scores except Bank statement. The application is for spring 2015 semester. How long does it take US graduate schools generally to adjudicate on applicants' files. Do they review the files as they come in or will wait until after the application deadline set by the school? In three days we will be in October and time is running pretty quick. How long will I have to wait?
You need not worry. When is the deadline for the spring application? Have you contacted your school yet?Do well to contact them and request when the admission decision will take place?

Most times admission decision comes after application deadline. So you would need to exercise some patience, spring session should start in January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 28, 2014
Stewee:

Yes it's possible.
But what do I know, I'm only in a flight school.
Studying Spanish chics and cannabis tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 5:13am On Sep 28, 2014
imperiouxx:

Sure friend. How are you doing?
sir, you've got a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 28, 2014
slimmy05: Studying Spanish chics and cannabis tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by philsteez: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2014
good day everyone....was wondering if anyone knows if calums (California university of management and sciences) is a good school gor masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2014

To answer your question, most admissions department keep files and they have a checklist. That checklist must be completed and your file ticked 'complete' before it can be forwarded for review by the graduate school.

Usually, not often, some schools notify applicants of missing documentation. Some others don't bother at all.

So regarding your financial statement, if it's a requirement it's likely to show up in the portal. Not all schools require it however.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2014

Not really but added advantage. You need to write the exam to show you are serious student not an intending immigrant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2014
Please I need ur guru help . Am a guy who wanted to study in US I have gotten my addimission letter and my 1-20 is ready as well am preparing to go to embassy in the next few days , but the problem now is I don't do any SAT exams please I can I secure visa without SAT for an undergraudate student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by philsteez: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2014
philsteez: good day everyone....was wondering if anyone knows if calums (California university of management and sciences) is a good school gor masters?
no one cared to answer me sad
philsteez: good day everyone....was wondering if anyone knows if calums (California university of management and sciences) is a good school gor masters?
no one cared to answer me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2014
philsteez: no one cared to answer me sad no one cared to answer me
I will answer you because you asked nicely :-) yes, the school is fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2014

Your school is okay!! Go right ahead!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2014
nikas0005: Please I need ur guru help . Am a guy who wanted to study in US I have gotten my addimission letter and my 1-20 is ready as well am preparing to go to embassy in the next few days , but the problem now is I don't do any SAT exams please I can I secure visa without SAT for an undergraudate student

Yeah, you can get your visa without the SAT...although, taking the SAT would naturally have boosted your chance and credibility.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2014

You should receive response if there are any other documents they might require but basically it depends on your school's approach to applications.

Just make sure to contact the admissions office by email and inquire if there are any more documents they might need, also send all needed supporting documents well ahead of the deadline to be on the safe side.

Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2014
nikas0005: Please I need ur guru help . Am a guy who wanted to study in US I have gotten my addimission letter and my 1-20 is ready as well am preparing to go to embassy in the next few days , but the problem now is I don't do any SAT exams please I can I secure visa without SAT for an undergraudate student
I guess you can like any other person but it strictly depends on many factors. Which school did you apply to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
It solely depends on the school. Confirm if your school waives it. And if truely is being waived, get a letter from your school as a proof.
Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Damn this thread is moving so slooow
Back before the nairaland attack, we already had up to 100 pages or more....... This thread is experiencing its famine season I guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Slimmy please remind me of that page where Bigfrancis explained how to convert cgpa to 4.0 scale..please you can help with the link of the page..I need it ASAP..Thanks

slimmy05: Studying Spanish chics and cannabis tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
cutelekush01: @Slimmy please remind me of that page where Bigfrancis explained how to convert cgpa to 4.0 scale..please you can help with the link of the page..I need it ASAP..Thanks

I really cannot remember and I can't start digging. Bigfrancis21, kindly assist with the website for CGPA conversion to US 4.0.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Do you have an idea of how it goes...i want to convert 3.92 0n 5.0 scale to 4.0
slimmy05: I really cannot remember and I can't start digging. Bigfrancis21, kindly assist with the website for CGPA conversion to US 4.0.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
cutelekush01:
Do you have an idea of how it goes...i want to convert 3.92 0n 5.0 scale to 4.0
Am a blank slate as regards how to convert cgpa. Bigfrancis21 will get back to you as soon as he gets the mention prompt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks.i have his handle but i thought you talked about him helping you some post back and i saw you are presently on here so you could help.

slimmy05: Am a blank slate as regards how to convert cgpa. Bigfrancis21 will get back to you as soon as he gets the mention prompt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
cutelekush01: Thanks.i have his handle but i taught you talked about him helping you some post back and i saw you are presently on here so you could help.

Alright. Wish I could.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by richard4ssky: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Please I want to fine out without international passport is there any form of ID that I can use in writing the GRE exam with. Like company ID card or driver lances license.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55