Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (21024 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
s4d:

thanks carlosein.
am putting your recipe into practice and i think it's working.
thumbs up,my nigga.i appreciate wink

oh you are welcome anytime cool.

but don't forget me in your prayers o grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2008
thanks carlosein.
am putting your recipe into practice and i think it's working.
thumbs up,my nigga.i appreciate

Hi s4d
Hope you're doing well.

I know you mean well but do you have to call Carl "ur nigga." It doesn't seem like a word that should be used by a Christian or anyone, since it is derogatory.

@all

How are you?
Jesus loves you, Mary loves you, I love you.

Larrymccoy, I see Carl answered your questions well, I second that answer. Hope you are blessed.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2008
hey lovely pple,
just noticed we havnt been posting Saint of the day
thanks Carl for your daily readings, lemme add the Saint of the day smiley
here we go:

Todays Saint/Feast

Feast of the Presentation of Mary

Mary’s presentation was celebrated in Jerusalem in the sixth century. A church was built there in honor of this mystery. The Eastern Church was more interested in the feast, but it does appear in the West in the 11th century. Although the feast at times disappeared from the calendar, in the 16th century it became a feast of the universal Church.
As with Mary’s birth, we read of Mary’s presentation in the temple only in apocryphal literature. In what is recognized as an unhistorical account, the Protoevangelium of James tells us that Anna and Joachim offered Mary to God in the Temple when she was three years old. This was to carry out a promise made to God when Anna was still childless.

Though it cannot be proven historically, Mary’s presentation has an important theological purpose. It continues the impact of the feasts of the Immaculate Conception and of the birth of Mary. It emphasizes that the holiness conferred on Mary from the beginning of her life on earth continued through her early childhood and beyond.

Comment:

It is sometimes difficult for modern Westerners to appreciate a feast like this. The Eastern Church, however, was quite open to this feast and even somewhat insistent about celebrating it. Even though the feast has no basis in history, it stresses an important truth about Mary: From the beginning of her life, she was dedicated to God. She herself became a greater temple than any made by hands. God came to dwell in her in a marvelous manner and sanctified her for her unique role in God's saving work. At the same time, the magnificence of Mary redounds upon her children. They, too, are temples of God and sanctified in order that they might enjoy and share in God's saving work.

Quote:
"Hail, holy throne of God, divine sanctuary, house of glory, jewel most fair, chosen treasure house, and mercy seat for the whole world, heaven showing forth the glory of God. Purest Virgin, worthy of all praise, sanctuary dedicated to God and raised above all human condition, virgin soil, unplowed field, flourishing vine, fountain pouring out waters, virgin bearing a child, mother without knowing man, hidden treasure of innocence, ornament of sanctity, by your most acceptable prayers, strong with the authority of motherhood, to our Lord and God, Creator of all, your Son who was born of you without a father, steer the ship of the Church and bring it to a quiet harbor" (adapted from a homily by St. Germanus on the Presentation of the Mother of God).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2008
Todays Reading:

Reading 1
Rv 10:8-11

I, John, heard a voice from heaven speak to me.
Then the voice spoke to me and said:
“Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel
who is standing on the sea and on the land.”
So I went up to the angel and told him to give me the small scroll.
He said to me, “Take and swallow it.
It will turn your stomach sour,
but in your mouth it will taste as sweet as honey.”
I took the small scroll from the angel’s hand and swallowed it.
In my mouth it was like sweet honey,
but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.
Then someone said to me, “You must prophesy again
about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131

R. (103a) How sweet to my taste is your promise!
In the way of your decrees I rejoice,
as much as in all riches.
R. How sweet to my taste is your promise!
Yes, your decrees are my delight;
they are my counselors.
The law of your mouth is to me more precious
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
How sweet to my palate are your promises,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Your decrees are my inheritance forever;
the joy of my heart they are.
I gasp with open mouth
in my yearning for your commands.

Gospel
Lk 19:45-48

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out
those who were selling things, saying to them,
“It is written, My house shall be a house of prayer,
but you have made it a den of thieves.”
And every day he was teaching in the temple area.
The chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people, meanwhile,
were seeking to put him to death,
but they could find no way to accomplish their purpose
because all the people were hanging on his words.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by thetruth90: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2008
thanks alll the true CATHOLICS, no matter the scheme of these PENTECOSTALS we shall never give up, for me I will be THE LAST MAN STANDING as a catholic even if the gale of PENTECOSTALISM sweeps the whole world away, GLORY TO JESUS HONOUR TO MARY forever! never mind those businessmen who became 'pentecostal' (so easy to become one) pastors due to the high unemployment rate that prevails in the country. shio!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Maykelly(f): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2008
thetruth90:

thanks alll the true CATHOLICS, no matter the scheme of these PENTECOSTALS we shall never give up, for me I will be THE LAST MAN STANDING as a catholic even if the gale of PENTECOSTALISM sweeps the whole world away, GLORY TO JESUS HONOUR TO MARY forever! never mind those businessmen who became 'pentecostal' (so easy to become one) pastors due to the high unemployment rate that prevails in the country. shio!

need to repent, cos church will not take you to heaven. quote me.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by thetruth90: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2008
May kelly:

need to repent, because church will not take you to heaven. quote me.

thanks. if church would not save me according to you, i will go to okija shrine then.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2008
please I want to know the official position of the catholic church on tithes
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Hi s4d
Hope you're doing well.

I know you mean well but do you have to call Carl "ur nigga." It doesn't seem like a word that should be used by a Christian or anyone, since it is derogatory.

@all

How are you?
Jesus loves you, Mary loves you, I love you.

Larrymccoy, I see Carl answered your questions well, I second that answer. Hope you are blessed.

hello lady, how u doing and how's work coming?

don't pay too much attention to s4d, i know he means well. frankly i think the meaning of the word nigga in naija
is far different from the usa. so i don't really mind. thanks all the same.

how are your God children doing? kiss them for me.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2008
viee:

hey lovely people,
just noticed we havnt been posting Saint of the day
thanks Carl for your daily readings, let me add the Saint of the day smiley
here we go:

hey viee, you are an angel as usual. thanks for this.

guys i have been under the weather since thursday and just couldn't post (who loves me enuff to want to share my medications-got enuff to daze a platoon, LOL). now am back and grateful for all your love.
thanks. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2008
thetruth90:

thetruth90, you are most welcome in our midst. feel free.

just a word of advise here: pay less attention to the pentecostals and more attention to yourself and your life in Christ.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2008
thetruth90:

thanks. if (Catholic) church would not save me according to you, i will go to okija shrine then.

this guy sounds like me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2008
chukwudi44:

chukwudi44, welcome too.

i have ideas on this but it would not be enuf, so i'll do a little research and get back to you (hope i find time smiley)

welcome again.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2008
ok guys, yesterday was the solemnity of Christ our Universal King coupled with the Corpus Christi procession.

my mum said it was fun (i no go because of sickness, infact i no go anywhere over the weekend)

so everyone come and give report.
oby, viee, pam dearie kiss, lindiwe (your jist don stale now grin), lawyer (shey him still dey this planet? undecided), lady!!! i trust you 10000%
s4d, thetruth90, maykelly, in short everybody report now grin

i beg if anyone know the whereabouts of ebos and imhotep make una helep us halla them out o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2008
Memorial of Saint Andrew Dung-Lac, priest and martyr, and his companions, martyrs

Reading 1
Rv 14:1-3, 4b-5

I, John, looked and there was the Lamb standing on Mount Zion,
and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand
who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
I heard a sound from heaven
like the sound of rushing water or a loud peal of thunder.
The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
They were singing what seemed to be a new hymn before the throne,
before the four living creatures and the elders.
No one could learn this hymn except the hundred and forty-four thousand
who had been ransomed from the earth.
These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever he goes.
They have been ransomed as the first fruits
of the human race for God and the Lamb.
On their lips no deceit has been found; they are unblemished.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 24:1bc-2, 3-4ab, 5-6

R. (see 6) Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face.
The LORD’s are the earth and its fullness;
the world and those who dwell in it.
For he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers.
R. Lord, this is the people that longs to see your face.
Who can ascend the mountain of the LORD?
or who may stand in his holy place?
He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean,
who desires not what is vain.
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,
a reward from God his savior.
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob.

Gospel
Lk 21:1-4

When Jesus looked up he saw some wealthy people
putting their offerings into the treasury
and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins.
He said, “I tell you truly,
this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth,
but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by lawyer(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2008
my people how una de? before una start to de yab me b'cos i know say the yab don full una belle, de wait to explode, i de jeje tell una no vex!, lol grin

Wats good?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2008
lawyer:

my people how una de? before una start to de yab me b'because i know say the yab don full una belle, de wait to explode, i de jeje tell una no vex!, lol grin

Wats good?

yeh, see who come here today shocked shocked

today must be christmas, runs to check calendar

bros how far now? shey omonile never do you someting so?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2008
@lawyer,

olboy, i like dat your zimbabwean ipod no bi small. abeg na where i fit buy one now?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2008

Tithes are encouraged and not mandatory. The church asks that you please contribute 5% to the Church, and 5% to charities.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Tithes are encouraged and not mandatory. The church asks that you please contribute 5% to the Church, and 5% to charities.

my answer will not be far from this but i still need to research.

hi lady cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2008
since lawyer show face today, i have to tell you guys that i have actually been in touch with lin.

she sends her greetings and asked me to tell you that she will be unavailable for a while due to a reason she will come and explain herself later grin

so guys bear with her and keep her in your prayers.

ok later.

Dominus Vobiscum!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
so everyone come and give report.
oby, viee, pam dearie , lindiwe (your jist don stale now ), lawyer (shey him still dey this planet? ), lady!!! i trust you 10000%
s4d, thetruth90, maykelly, in short everybody report now

there was no procession, but ofcourse, mass is always special
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2008
please have u heard about the blessed anne catherine emmerich,if so what do you think of her visions.I consider her the greatest visionary that has ever lived.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2008
please have u heard about the blessed anne catherine emmerich,if so what do you think of her visions.I consider her the greatest visionary that has ever lived

no i haven't, i will look her up.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by NubianQ(f): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
Catholic wink and loving it
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
Saint of the day:

St. Catherine Laboure

St. Catherine Laboure, virgin, was born on May 2, 1806. At an early age she entered the community of the Daughters of Charity, in Paris, France. Three times in 1830 the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure, who then was a twenty-four year old novice.

On July 18, the first apparition occurred in the community's motherhouse. St. Catherine beheld a lady seated on the right side of the sanctuary. When St. Catherine approached her, the heavenly visitor told her how to act in time of trial and pointed to the altar as the source of all consolation. Promising to entrust St. Catherine with a mission which would cause her great suffering, the lady also predicted the anticlerical revolt which occurred at Paris in 1870.

On November 27, the lady showed St. Catherine the medal of the Immaculate Conception, now universally known as the "Miraculous Medal." She commissioned St. Catherine to have one made, and to spread devotion to this medal. At that time, only her spiritual director, Father Aladel, knew of the apparitions. Forty-five years later, St. Catherine spoke fully of the apparitions to one of her superiors. She died on December 31, 1876, and was canonized on July 27, 1947. Her feast day is November 25.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2008
Todays Reading:

Reading 1
Rv 14:14-19

I, John, looked and there was a white cloud,
and sitting on the cloud one who looked like a son of man,
with a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
Another angel came out of the temple,
crying out in a loud voice to the one sitting on the cloud,
“Use your sickle and reap the harvest,
for the time to reap has come,
because the earth’s harvest is fully ripe.”
So the one who was sitting on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth,
and the earth was harvested.

Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven
who also had a sharp sickle.
Then another angel came from the altar, who was in charge of the fire,
and cried out in a loud voice
to the one who had the sharp sickle,
“Use your sharp sickle and cut the clusters from the earth’s vines,
for its grapes are ripe.”
So the angel swung his sickle over the earth and cut the earth’s vintage.
He threw it into the great wine press of God’s fury.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 96:10, 11-12, 13

R. (13b) The Lord comes to judge the earth.
Say among the nations: The LORD is king.
He has made the world firm, not to be moved;
he governs the peoples with equity.
R. The Lord comes to judge the earth.
Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice;
let the sea and what fills it resound;
let the plains be joyful and all that is in them!
Then shall all the trees of the forest exult.
Before the LORD, for he comes;
for he comes to rule the earth.
He shall rule the world with justice
and the peoples with his constancy.

Gospel
Lk 21:5-11

While some people were speaking about
how the temple was adorned with costly stones and votive offerings,
Jesus said, “All that you see here–
the days will come when there will not be left
a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.”

Then they asked him,
“Teacher, when will this happen?
And what sign will there be when all these things are about to happen?”
He answered,
“See that you not be deceived,
for many will come in my name, saying,
‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’
Do not follow them!
When you hear of wars and insurrections,
do not be terrified; for such things must happen first,
but it will not immediately be the end.”
Then he said to them,
“Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues
from place to place;
and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hey Chukwudi, kedukwanu?
hope u hv dropd by for the ansato your questn?

Lady and Carl, tanks!
u guys are the best kiss kiss kiss

Nubian, we welcome you in the name of the Lord smiley
drop by often!

na Lawyer b this abi na my eyes? shocked
see kain waka pass appearnace lol
hope u are good sha

Carl, Lin story get NAFDAC no?
i sure say dem so soon expire, tel her make she gv us diz gist na!

wey OBY? ? ? undecided

gotta run
catch you all moro and May God bless us all.

na nite kiss kiss kiss

alrite
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2008
hello lady, how u doing and how's work coming?

don't pay too much attention to s4d, i know he means well. frankly i think the meaning of the word nigga in naija
is far different from the usa. so i don't really mind. thanks all the same.

how are your God children doing? kiss them for me

I don't understand how th eword nigga could mean anything from what it was meant to be. Even in the U.S. the blacks call each other nigaas saying that they are taking a negative word and owning it. It's like a girl taking the word bitch and owning it. How ridiculous could that be?
But if a white man uses the word even in the context that blacks do they want to kill him. Why? If the word is no longer derogatory then a white man should be able to use it. Plain and simple. No matter how much it is suga coated it is ridiculous.
Nigeria needs to stop copying America, our ancestors were never niggers.

In any situation a word that is meant to be derogatory should never be used.

I get to see my God son this week so I wil def give him a kiss for you. The Godfather of my God daughter is also Catholic and we're trying to get her parents into the Catholic Church and get her baptised.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2008
Catholic and loving it

Welcome, how r u?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
hi guys,

na wa o. i've been under the weather since last week and just got my med test results today.

all negative except one wey pass boundary small.

so i just need to wear out all the drugs in my sys. now.

tanks all for keeping on.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2008
Wednesday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time

Reading 1
Rv 15:1-4

I, John, saw in heaven another sign, great and awe-inspiring:
seven angels with the seven last plagues,
for through them God’s fury is accomplished.

Then I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire.
On the sea of glass were standing those
who had won the victory over the beast
and its image and the number that signified its name.
They were holding God’s harps,
and they sang the song of Moses, the servant of God,
and the song of the Lamb:

“Great and wonderful are your works,
Lord God almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
O king of the nations.
Who will not fear you, Lord,
or glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
All the nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 7-8, 9

R. (Rev. 15: 3b) Great and wonderful are all your works, Lord, mighty God!
Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done wondrous deeds;
His right hand has won victory for him,
his holy arm.
R. Great and wonderful are all your works, Lord, mighty God!
The LORD has made his salvation known:
in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice.
He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness
toward the house of Israel.
Let the sea and what fills it resound,
the world and those who dwell in it;
Let the rivers clap their hands,
the mountains shout with them for joy.
Before the LORD, for he comes,
for he comes to rule the earth;
He will rule the world with justice
and the peoples with equity.

Gospel
Lk 21:12-19

Jesus said to the crowd:
“They will seize and persecute you,
they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons,
and they will have you led before kings and governors
because of my name.
It will lead to your giving testimony.
Remember, you are not to prepare your defense beforehand,
for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speaking
that all your adversaries will be powerless to resist or refute.
You will even be handed over by parents,v brothers, relatives, and friends,
and they will put some of you to death.
You will be hated by all because of my name,
but not a hair on your head will be destroyed.
By your perseverance you will secure your lives.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / 14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos / Herdsmen Kill Pastor Pius Eromosele Of Church Of God Mission In Benin City,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.