Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (21023 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2008
I see you all are having fun. No one invited me eh.

Moyola u three funny. You are welcome.

Wonderful love, you are welcome.

Carl, yeah that's what I mean.
Carlosein:

ok then i believe ya. wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2008
all right I got it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by karlie4nia(m): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
sweet!how it gion with y'all carlosein, oby1,lady, larrymc, maykelly, wonderful love and moyola? its been a while since i come on. its all good, where is Lindiwe @?. well, be right back. just wanna wish y'all and your loved ones God's protection and kindness this beautiful season of Advent.

by the way moyola whats with the heartslamming thing, that comic just evoked a memory of my ex-love wayback in uni days that really slammed my precious heart on the hard concreate and made me feel devastated.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:09am On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

I see you all are having fun. No one invited me eh.

now you are invited grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:11am On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

all right I got it.

always knew you were smart wink

now go chew on those examiners!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2008
karlie4nia:

sweet!how it gion with y'all carlosein, oby1,lady, larrymc, maykelly, wonderful love and moyola? its been a while since i come on. its all good, where is Lindiwe @?. well, be right back. just want to wish y'all and your loved ones God's protection and kindness this beautiful season of Advent.

karlie my man, long time no read (abi?). we are cool.
wish you too a blessed advent season.
lin is still on vacation smiley bear with her.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2008
karlie4nia:

by the way moyola whats with the heartslamming thing, that comic just evoked a memory of my ex-love wayback in uni days that really slammed my precious heart on the hard concreate and made me feel devastated.

help me ask her o grin

but she's really not like that wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2008
Friday of the First Week of Advent

Reading 1
Is 29:17-24

Thus says the Lord GOD:
But a very little while,
and Lebanon shall be changed into an orchard,
and the orchard be regarded as a forest!
On that day the deaf shall hear
the words of a book;
And out of gloom and darkness,
the eyes of the blind shall see.
The lowly will ever find joy in the LORD,
and the poor rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
For the tyrant will be no more
and the arrogant will have gone;
All who are alert to do evil will be cut off,
those whose mere word condemns a man,
Who ensnare his defender at the gate,
and leave the just man with an empty claim.
Therefore thus says the LORD,
the God of the house of Jacob,
who redeemed Abraham:
Now Jacob shall have nothing to be ashamed of,
nor shall his face grow pale.
When his children see
the work of my hands in his midst,
They shall keep my name holy;
they shall reverence the Holy One of Jacob,
and be in awe of the God of Israel.
Those who err in spirit shall acquire understanding,
and those who find fault shall receive instruction.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14

R. (1a) The Lord is my light and my salvation.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom should I fear?
The LORD is my life’s refuge;
of whom should I be afraid?
R. The Lord is my light and my salvation.
One thing I ask of the LORD;
this I seek:
To dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
That I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD
and contemplate his temple.
I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.

Gospel
Mt 9:27-31

As Jesus passed by, two blind men followed him, crying out,
“Son of David, have pity on us!”
When he entered the house,
the blind men approached him and Jesus said to them,
“Do you believe that I can do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they said to him.
Then he touched their eyes and said,
“Let it be done for you according to your faith.”
And their eyes were opened.
Jesus warned them sternly,
“See that no one knows about this.”
But they went out and spread word of him through all that land.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2008
karlie4nia:

sweet!how it gion with y'all carlosein, oby1,lady, larrymc, maykelly, wonderful love and moyola? its been a while since i come on. its all good, where is Lindiwe @?. well, be right back. just want to wish y'all and your loved ones God's protection and kindness this beautiful season of Advent.

hello. i noticed that too. i let go of my smashed heart a long tyme ago. no one can smash my heart again.

Carlosein:

now you are invited grin

thank u.

Carlosein:

always knew you were smart wink

now go chew on those examiners!

i just took the last exam for the week. i am confident about all but one. anyway i am done. i have one more next week, and i will really be done for the semester. thank u Lord.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

hello. i noticed that too. i let go of my smashed heart a long tyme ago. no one can smash my heart again.

thank God for your life.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

thank u.

always welcome wink

~Lady~:

i just took the last exam for the week. i am confident about all but one. anyway i am done. i have one more next week, and i will really be done for the semester. thank u Lord.

great!!! even the one you aren't confident about will prolly be okay.

God bless.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
Carlosein:

always welcome wink

great!!! even the one you aren't confident about will prolly be okay.

God bless.

thank u. God bless you too
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2008
My beloved how una dey, I've being out since morning, i'm just coming in.

I'm inviting you all to the 9th Archdiocesan Conference which started yesterday and will end on Sunday.  The venue is Trade fair complex Lagos. Please try and be there to witness the goodness of God.
I will be going this evening to be back on Sunday morning.

Sorry the invitation is coming late.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2008
Today's Saint
St. Sabas (b. 439)

Born in Cappadocia (modern-day Turkey), Sabas is one of the most highly regarded patriarchs among the monks of Palestine and is considered one of the founders of Eastern monasticism.
After an unhappy childhood in which he was abused and ran away several times, Sabas finally sought refuge in a monastery. While family members tried to persuade him to return home, the young boy felt drawn to monastic life. Although the youngest monk in the house, he excelled in virtue.

At age 18 he traveled to Jerusalem, seeking to learn more about living in solitude. Soon he asked to be accepted as a disciple of a well-known local solitary, though initially he was regarded as too young to live completely as a hermit. Initially, Sabas lived in a monastery, where he worked during the day and spent much of the night in prayer. At the age of 30 he was given permission to spend five days each week in a nearby remote cave, engaging in prayer and manual labor in the form of weaving baskets. Following the death of his mentor, St. Euthymius, Sabas moved farther into the desert near Jericho. There he lived for several years in a cave near the brook Cedron. A rope was his means of access. Wild herbs among the rocks were his food. Occasionally men brought him other food and items, while he had to go a distance for his water.

Some of these men came to him desiring to join him in his solitude. At first he refused. But not long after relenting, his followers swelled to more than 150, all of them living in individual huts grouped around a church, called a laura.

The bishop persuaded a reluctant Sabas, then in his early 50s, to prepare for the priesthood so that he could better serve his monastic community in leadership. While functioning as abbot among a large community of monks, he felt ever called to live the life of a hermit. Throughout each year —consistently in Lent—he left his monks for long periods of time, often to their distress. A group of 60 men left the monastery, settling at a nearby ruined facility. When Sabas learned of the difficulties they were facing, he generously gave them supplies and assisted in the repair of their church.

Over the years Sabas traveled throughout Palestine, preaching the true faith and successfully bringing back many to the Church. At the age of 91, in response to a plea from the Patriarch of Jerusalem, Sabas undertook a journey to Constantinople in conjunction with the Samaritan revolt and its violent repression. He fell ill and, soon after his return, died at the monastery at Mar Saba. Today the monastery is still inhabited by monks of the Eastern Orthodox Church, and St. Sabas is regarded as one of the most noteworthy figures of early monasticism.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
karlie4nia:

Karlie quite a long time, wir u come go since.
Anyway u better pass some people like lawyer grin wey dey show face wen he wan take credit.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2008
oby good of you to come hia.

thanks for the iv sha.

have a great and long weekend (abi na only me hear say monday and tuesdayt na public holidays )
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2008
can u imagine i dey work right now?

thank God sha. my people i hail o.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2008
Saturday of the First Week of Advent

Reading 1
Is 30:19-21, 23-26

Thus says the Lord GOD,
the Holy One of Israel:
O people of Zion, who dwell in Jerusalem,
no more will you weep;
He will be gracious to you when you cry out,
as soon as he hears he will answer you.
The Lord will give you the bread you need
and the water for which you thirst.
No longer will your Teacher hide himself,
but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher,
While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears:
“This is the way; walk in it,”
when you would turn to the right or to the left.

He will give rain for the seed
that you sow in the ground,
And the wheat that the soil produces
will be rich and abundant.
On that day your flock will be given pasture
and the lamb will graze in spacious meadows;
The oxen and the asses that till the ground
will eat silage tossed to them
with shovel and pitchfork.
Upon every high mountain and lofty hill
there will be streams of running water.
On the day of the great slaughter,
when the towers fall,
The light of the moon will be like that of the sun
and the light of the sun will be seven times greater
like the light of seven days.
On the day the LORD binds up the wounds of his people,
he will heal the bruises left by his blows.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6

R. (see Isaiah 30:18d) Blessed are all who wait for the Lord.

Praise the LORD, for he is good;
sing praise to our God, for he is gracious;
it is fitting to praise him.
The LORD rebuilds Jerusalem;
the dispersed of Israel he gathers.
R. Blessed are all who wait for the Lord.
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He tells the number of the stars;
he calls each by name.
Great is our LORD and mighty in power:
to his wisdom there is no limit.
The LORD sustains the lowly;
the wicked he casts to the ground.

Gospel
Mt 9:35–10:1, 5a, 6-8

Jesus went around to all the towns and villages,
teaching in their synagogues,
proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,
and curing every disease and illness.
At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them
because they were troubled and abandoned,
like sheep without a shepherd.
Then he said to his disciples,
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few;
so ask the master of the harvest
to send out laborers for his harvest.”

Then he summoned his Twelve disciples
and gave them authority over unclean spirits to drive them out
and to cure every disease and every illness.

Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus,
“Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
As you go, make this proclamation: ‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
Cure the sick, raise the dead,
cleanse lepers, drive out demons.
Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
Carlosein:

can u imagine i dey work right now?

thank God sha. my people i hail o.

eya sorry.
why r u there anyway?

if i tell u wetin happen for my work last night, u no go believe me. i just feel sorry for all these kids that i work with, except the one that went to jail last night.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lindiwe(f): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2008
. . . and i heard a quite voice saying softly to me . . .'go back to  my people on nairaland and apologise for your rude disaapearance'  . i ignored it at first saying 'it wasn't my fault!'  cool. but on a second thought and with persistent urging from the still voice, i succumbed! and here I am! PEEPS it's all cool to be here AGIAN!  cool cool cool

It's a long story oh! just add am to the ones wey i still dey owe una! I no say viee go yab me die this time! i see all your comment oh! i dey come back to to them later  angry angry grin grin

carl, you be correct guy! thanks for sticking out for me! i go send the oga of all santa to your house this xmas . . . just send me your address on time!
i came 2days ago and I've relocated to PH. i'm in the company quarters for now, but i need to move out ASAP before my allowances dissappear! but i no too know PH wella! God dey sha!

so guys,
what's been going on? hope we're all preparing an xmas get-together! viee you know say we don make you minister for that kain matter! so make you perform oh!  grin grin

you guys won't believe that i couldn't even go to church on corpus christi day let alone participate in the procession! oyibo need some missionaries to re-envangelise them! this time though it would be by african missionaries! i was really sad about sad sad
I felt good attending church today because i hadn't for sometimenow! no bi say i sick oh! i no just see church attend!  undecided undecided

catch ya all . . .

have a great weekend!

cheers!  wink wink wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by LARRYMcCOY(m): 1:23am On Dec 08, 2008
How's everyone.

Wishing you Merry Xmas in advance,
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by ajadrage: 2:29am On Dec 08, 2008
When the day of separation comes, none would count Christmas celebrating or any other celebrations of men for any points. For all those that fear the Creator of existence, please take note. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lindiwe(f): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2008
hi guys,
2day is the feast of immaculate conception!  cheesy cheesy cheesy Our Lady was born immaculate! without original sin peculiar to all men! alleluia alleluia!!! cheesy wink kiss

so guys, make sure you attend mass oh!!!
enjoy the public holiday  kiss kiss kiss
and the feast day  kiss kiss kiss
cheers!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2008
Is it me or is our thread no longer sticky?

Yes o it's the immaculate conception o, make una go mass. Una get holiday sef. You know that this day is a holiday for us too, so make sure you treat it as the sabbath.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lindiwe(f): 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2008
i can smell holiday mood here!
hope you guys had fun and celebrated our Lady's feast day!

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2008
~Lady~:

eya sorry.
why r u there anyway?

if i tell u wetin happen for my work last night, u no go believe me. i just feel sorry for all these kids that i work with, except the one that went to jail last night.

hi lady, had to come and work on my md's laptop. had quite a time though.

what happened with your kids and JAIL!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
Lindiwe:

. . . and i heard a quite voice saying softly to me . . .'go back to  my people on nairaland and apologise for your rude disaapearance'  . i ignored it at first saying 'it wasn't my fault!'  cool. but on a second thought and with persistent urging from the still voice, i succumbed! and here I am! PEEPS it's all cool to be here AGIAN!  cool cool cool

It's a long story oh! just add am to the ones wey i still dey owe una! I no say viee go yab me die this time! i see all your comment oh! i dey come back to to them later  angry angry grin grin

carl, you be correct guy! thanks for sticking out for me! i go send the oga of all santa to your house this xmas . . . just send me your address on time!
i came 2days ago and I've relocated to PH. i'm in the company quarters for now, but i need to move out ASAP before my allowances dissappear! but i no too know PH wella! God dey sha!

so guys,
what's been going on? hope we're all preparing an xmas get-together! viee you know say we don make you minister for that kain matter! so make you perform oh!  grin grin

you guys won't believe that i couldn't even go to church on corpus christi day let alone participate in the procession! oyibo need some missionaries to re-envangelise them! this time though it would be by african missionaries! i was really sad about sad sad
I felt good attending church today because i hadn't for sometimenow! no bi say i sick oh! i no just see church attend!  undecided undecided

catch ya all . . .

have a great weekend!

cheers!  wink wink wink

hey lin, great to have you back!!!

u know i always have your back wink about santa and my house, if we meet this christmas,
i'll collect then smiley see your tory don full two volumes oh. start typing and posting before we begin forget grin

viee, minister for organization, get to work on time now! oby, lawyer, pam dear where are you all?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2008
~Lady~:

Is it me or is our thread no longer sticky?

Yes o it's the immaculate conception o, make una go mass. Una get holiday sef. You know that this day is a holiday for us too, so make sure you treat it as the sabbath.

it's either you and me or the thread is really no longer sticky shocked

here is another sample of seun's magic

for immaculate conception, i could not attend mass for some reasons beyond my control.

but i tried to make with prayers to our Lady and especially the rosary.

A_K_O, mukina2 what's happening?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2008
LARRYMcCOY:

How's everyone.

Wishing you Merry Xmas in advance,

larry, my man wish you the same!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2008
abeg my people what are we going to do bout ebos's disappearance?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2008
what happened with your kids and JAIL!!!

one of them attempted to beat me up. he put his hands on me and so i pressed charges. it broke my heart to do it, but it's the rule. i called my supervisor and my director and they said call the sherriff's office and tell them you're pressing charges. so he's gone. i think about all the things he has said to me (f*** u b****es) and the times he has tried to get me fired, and what he has done to other kids (if this boy isn't already a sociopath, he is on his way to becoming one) so that made it easier for me.

please pray for him.

the other kids are quiet now that he's gone.

it's either you and me or the thread is really no longer sticky

here is another sample of seun's magic

for immaculate conception, i could not attend mass for some reasons beyond my control.

but i tried to make with prayers to our Lady and especially the rosary.

A_K_O, mukina2 what's happening?

oh glad to know it's not just me. i want to know what's happening too.
well i am glad u didn't just brush Our Lady off to the side, some people would have done that.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2008
great morning everyone.

how was your break?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / 14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.