Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (21020 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2008
Oby1:

Tomorrow marks the end of the October devotion and we are closing it with Adoration mass, then praise and worship, but i won't be able to attend it and it's going to be wonderful. I have a great testimony this month of October.

Saturday i think is the feast of All Saints, a holiday of obligation. No one should miss mass o!

ah, thanks for the reminder, dear. note all: being a holiday of obligation means it is the same as a sunday.
hence we must attend mass and rest from all servile works.

Dominus Vobiscum!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2008
I just did my consecration to Jesus and Mary. The class was enriching. The confraternity of Mary Queen of All Hearts is really good for every catholic to belong to, If you go through the class with full devotion to the Holy slavery.

how is a member here?

Congratulations. It makes me happy to see people who take the faith seriously and devote themselves to Love God and serve Him.

I am not a member, I am invested in the confraternity of Our Lady of Carmel Brown Scapular. It is a powerful testimony I tell ya.

seun is now a catholic, he supports Catholics. He created this forum because of the love he has for Catholics and Christians as a whole. You out there why don't you do the same knowing that Jesus Is Lord FOREVER. Saviour of Mankind.

When did Seun become Catholic.
But anyway AMEN @ Jesus Is Lord FOREVER. Saviour of Mankind.

Welcome back Lin, I might be gone for the weekend, but I will definitely find the gist, lol.

Tomorrow marks the end of the October devotion and we are closing it with Adoration mass, then praise and worship, but i won't be able to attend it and it's going to be wonderful. I have a great testimony this month of October.

Saturday i think is the feast of All Saints, a holiday of obligation. No one should miss mass o!

Lol, absolutely not. Me sef dats travelling I made plans to attend mass. Funny enough in the U.S. it isn't observed generally, it is still a holy day, but it isn't a day of obligation, they decided that if a holy day falls on a saturday then it isn't observed. I don't like that idea, so I'm still going anyway. I mean it's saturday people should be able to go to mass.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2008
~Lady~:

Congratulations. It makes me happy to see people who take the faith seriously and devote themselves to Love God and serve Him.

I am not a member, I am invested in the confraternity of Our Lady of Carmel Brown Scapular. It is a powerful testimony I tell ya.

same as me. it is indeed a powerful testimony.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2008
~Lady~:

Lol, absolutely not. Me sef that is travelling I made plans to attend mass. Funny enough in the US. it isn't observed generally, it is still a holy day, but it isn't a day of obligation, they decided that if a holy day falls on a saturday then it isn't observed. I don't like that idea, so I'm still going anyway. I mean it's saturday people should be able to go to mass.

is this the rule in the whole of the us or just some dioceses?

i know that the particular days of obligations differ from diocese to diocese and country to country.

but this is a new one for me.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2008
Friday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time

Reading 1
Phil 1:1-11

Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus,
to all the holy ones in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi,
with the bishops and deacons:
grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you,
praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you,
because of your partnership for the Gospel
from the first day until now.
I am confident of this,
that the one who began a good work in you
will continue to complete it
until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right that I should think this way about all of you,
because I hold you in my heart,
you who are all partners with me in grace,
both in my imprisonment
and in the defense and confirmation of the Gospel.
For God is my witness,
how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer:
that your love may increase ever more and more
in knowledge and every kind of perception,
to discern what is of value,
so that you may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ
for the glory and praise of God.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 111:1-2, 3-4, 5-6

R. (2) How great are the works of the Lord!
or:
R. Alleluia.
I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart
in the company and assembly of the just.
Great are the works of the LORD,
exquisite in all their delights.
R. How great are the works of the Lord!
or:
R. Alleluia.
Majesty and glory are his work,
and his justice endures forever.
He has won renown for his wondrous deeds;
gracious and merciful is the LORD.
or:
R. Alleluia.
He has given food to those who fear him;
he will forever be mindful of his covenant.
He has made known to his people the power of his works,
giving them the inheritance of the nations.
or:
R. Alleluia.

Gospel
Lk 14:1-6

On a sabbath Jesus went to dine
at the home of one of the leading Pharisees,
and the people there were observing him carefully.
In front of him there was a man suffering from dropsy.
Jesus spoke to the scholars of the law and Pharisees in reply, asking,
“Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath or not?”
But they kept silent; so he took the man and,
after he had healed him, dismissed him.
Then he said to them
“Who among you, if your son or ox falls into a cistern,
would not immediately pull him out on the sabbath day?”
But they were unable to answer his question.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2008
I just did my consecration to Jesus and Mary. The class was enriching. The confraternity of Mary Queen of All Hearts is really good for every catholic to belong to, If you go through the class with full devotion to the Holy slavery.

how is a member here?

Congrat webpro. My parents are member, so definitely i'm also a member grin i think it is mostly for married couple, it's rare for single to be consecrated.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2008
~Lady~:

When did Seun become Catholic.
But anyway AMEN @ Jesus Is Lord FOREVER. Saviour of Mankind.

Welcome back Lin, I might be gone for the weekend, but I will definitely find the gist, lol.

Lol, absolutely not. Me sef that is travelling I made plans to attend mass. Funny enough in the US. it isn't observed generally, it is still a holy day, but it isn't a day of obligation, they decided that if a holy day falls on a saturday then it isn't observed. I don't like that idea, so I'm still going anyway. I mean it's saturday people should be able to go to mass.

I really want to be invested in the confraternity of our lady of Carmel Brown Scapular, but i don't know how to go about it.
I want to know everything about it, the prayers, the rule.

So lady and Carlos do you normally wear the brown scapular.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2008
Today's Saint
St. Wolfgang of Regensburg (c. 924-994)

Wolfgang was born in Swabia, Germany, and was educated at a school located at the abbey of Reichenau. There he encountered Henry, a young noble who went on to become Archbishop of Trier. Meanwhile, Wolfgang remained in close contact with the archbishop, teaching in his cathedral school and supporting his efforts to reform the clergy.
At the death of the archbishop, Wolfgang chose to become a Benedictine monk and moved to an abbey in Einsiedeln, now part of Switzerland. Ordained a priest, he was appointed director of the monastery school there. Later he was sent to Hungary as a missionary, though his zeal and good will yielded limited results.

Emperor Otto II appointed him Bishop of Regensburg (near Munich). He immediately initiated reform of the clergy and of religious life, preaching with vigor and effectiveness and always demonstrating special concern for the poor. He wore the habit of a monk and lived an austere life.

The draw to monastic life never left him, including the desire for a life of solitude. At one point he left his diocese so that he could devote himself to prayer, but his responsibilities as bishop called him back.

In 994 he became ill while on a journey; he died in Puppingen near Linz, Austria. His feast day is celebrated widely in much of central Europe. He was canonized in 1052.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by AKO1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
Non-Catholics,

I'd appreciate it if we do not use this thread to criticise this sect. It's offtopic. There are so many other threads that exist to that effect, and you can create more if you please.

Thanks.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
A_K_O:

Non-Catholics,

I'd appreciate it if we do not use this thread to criticise this sect. It's offtopic. There are so many other threads that exist to that effect, and you can create more if you please.

Thanks.

thanks for caring A_K_O.
but if you haven't noticed, we have a golden rule on this thread for such and it is called the "ignorance" rule.

thanks again.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by viee(f): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
hey peeps!

nice to have our title bakkkkk
GLORY TO JESUS, HONOUR TO MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!

Carl, sup with ya, lin welcome come bak!
u no come online again with the gist. . .
we go vex ooo
hope u had a good trip

lady, where r u off to?
DC?
say hi to Obama wink

Oby, ke nke ne emenu?
glad i came online
had forgotn, moro is all saints
tnx for the info!

u all have a swell weekend kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2008
viee:

hey peeps!

we go vex ooo
hope u had a good trip

lady, where r u off to?
DC?
say hi to Obama wink

Oby, ke nke ne emenu?
glad i came online
tnx for the info!

swell weekend to you too dear. kiss kiss kiss

happy all saints tomorrow and all souls sunday.

catchya monday.

Dominus Vobiscum!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by karlie4nia(m): 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2008
Hey,

Y'all ardent catholics who would like to enrich your catholic faith, check out these websites i discovered
www.ewtn.net (Global catholic network)and holyspiritinteractive.net Hope you find the contents inspirational.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by LARRYMcCOY(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2008
Hi Everybody,

For God and For Youth, Through Christ

This thread is amazing, i wish you guy will welcome me too,
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by LARRYMcCOY(m): 12:05am On Nov 02, 2008
@Carl

Good work on the Daily readings,

for God and for Youth, Through Christ

@Lin
Can't wait for your gist
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2008
good morning all,

karlie4nia:

Hey,

Y'all ardent catholics who would like to enrich your catholic faith, check out these websites i discovered
www.ewtn.net (Global catholic network)and holyspiritinteractive.net Hope you find the contents inspirational.

thanks for the link karlie4nia.

you are most welcome to join us here wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2008
LARRYMcCOY:

Hi Everybody,

LARRYMcCOY, u are most welcome too. feel at home to spread the CYON spirit here. wink

LARRYMcCOY:

@Carl

Good work on the Daily readings,

for God and for Youth, Through Christ

@Lin
Can't wait for your gist

thanks man. hope you find something to contribute too.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2008
Monday of the Thirty-first Week in Ordinary Time

Reading 1
Phil 2:1-4

Brothers and sisters:
If there is any encouragement in Christ,
any solace in love,
any participation in the Spirit,
any compassion and mercy,
complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love,
united in heart, thinking one thing.
Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory;
rather, humbly regard others as more important than yourselves,
each looking out not for his own interests,
but also everyone for those of others.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 131:1bcde, 2, 3

R. In you, O Lord, I have found my peace.
O LORD, my heart is not proud,
nor are my eyes haughty;
I busy not myself with great things,
nor with things too sublime for me.
Nay rather, I have stilled and quieted
my soul like a weaned child.
Like a weaned child on its mother’s lap,
so is my soul within me.
O Israel, hope in the LORD,
both now and forever.

Gospel
Lk 14:12-14

On a sabbath Jesus went to dine
at the home of one of the leading Pharisees.
He said to the host who invited him,
“When you hold a lunch or a dinner,
do not invite your friends or your brothers or sisters
or your relatives or your wealthy neighbors,
in case they may invite you back and you have repayment.
Rather, when you hold a banquet,
invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay you.
For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2008
Hello everyone, what a wonderful week again and hope we all had a nice weekend, as for me it was more than beautiful.

I attended the all saints and all souls mass at Badagry and it was in Yoruba, but the priest was kind enough to chip in some English smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2008
LARRYMcCOY:

Hi Everybody,

Hi Larry!
You know you are more than welcome.

For God and for Youth, through Christ!

Hope your parish is doing well and may we know your Parish and how you are keeping the faith.

karlie4nia:

Hey,

Hello Karlie! you are highly welcome too. How are you doing? i will check out the website right away.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lindiwe everyone is eager to hear from you, can u come up with some.

viee:

hey peeps!

we go vex ooo
hope u had a good trip

lady, where r u off to?
DC?
say hi to Obama wink

Oby, ke nke ne emenu?
glad i came online
tnx for the info!

Hello Viee, whats up? nice you came up to say hi, very nice. we don't get to hear from pamperme now adays. pamperme hope all is well with you.

Ebos how are u feeling now, please just know that we care and we are dying to hear from you please.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2008
Today's Saint
St. Martin de Porres (1579-1639)

Like many others, Martin might have grown to be a bitter man, but he did not. It was said that even as a child he gave his heart and his goods to the poor and despised.
He was the illegitimate son of a freed woman of Panama, probably black but also possibly of Native American stock, and a Spanish grandee of Lima, Peru. He inherited the features and dark complexion of his mother. That irked his father, who finally acknowledged his son after eight years. After the birth of a sister, the father abandoned the family. Martin was reared in poverty, locked into a low level of Lima’s society.

At 12 his mother apprenticed him to a barber-surgeon. He learned how to cut hair and also how to draw blood (a standard medical treatment then), care for wounds and prepare and administer medicines.

After a few years in this medical apostolate, Martin applied to the Dominicans to be a "lay helper," not feeling himself worthy to be a religious brother. After nine years, the example of his prayer and penance, charity and humility led the community to request him to make full religious profession. Many of his nights were spent in prayer and penitential practices; his days were filled with nursing the sick and caring for the poor. It was particularly impressive that he treated all people regardless of their color, race or status. He was instrumental in founding an orphanage, took care of slaves brought from Africa and managed the daily alms of the priory with practicality as well as generosity. He became the procurator for both priory and city, whether it was a matter of "blankets, shirts, candles, candy, miracles or prayers!" When his priory was in debt, he said, "I am only a poor mulatto. Sell me. I am the property of the order. Sell me."

Side by side with his daily work in the kitchen, laundry and infirmary, Martin’s life reflected God’s extraordinary gifts: ecstasies that lifted him into the air, light filling the room where he prayed, bilocation, miraculous knowledge, instantaneous cures and a remarkable rapport with animals. His charity extended to beasts of the field and even to the vermin of the kitchen. He would excuse the raids of mice and rats on the grounds that they were underfed; he kept stray cats and dogs at his sister’s house.

He became a formidable fundraiser, obtaining thousands of dollars for dowries for poor girls so that they could marry or enter a convent.

Many of his fellow religious took him as their spiritual director, but he continued to call himself a "poor slave." He was a good friend of another Dominican saint of Peru, Rose of Lima.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2008
Oby1:

Hello everyone, what a wonderful week again and hope we all had a nice weekend, as for me it was more than beautiful.

I attended the all saints and all souls mass at Badagry and it was in Yoruba, but the priest was kind enough to chip in some English smiley

hi oby, don't you just love masses said in any other language but english?
i find them very touching and uplifting.

"ki Oluwa wa pelu yin, ki o si wa pelu re" cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lindiwe(f): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2008
guys,
how are y'all all doing?
hope you had a wonderful weekend, given the great feasts we had over the weekend! it was GREAT for me!!!!

biko permit me to tender my humble apology for not showing up with my gist on Friday . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed
it's a clear case of man proposes and God disposes . . . sad sad
I was knocked down by malaria thursday evening, i couldn't even go to the office anymore as planned . . .
i had to struggle to attend mass Saturday and sunday wink wink . . .
i'm a lot berra though . . . probably because i was immediately bundled to bayelsa yesterday!
I'm back to my hectic work again . . .

ah! i can see that a lot of people want to hear my gist! wow! let me warn that it's not interesting oh! i couldn't see His Holiness! things didn't go as planned . . .
i'll still give you the gist shaa! i dey come! lol!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
Carlosein:

hi oby, don't you just love masses said in any other language but english?
i find them very touching and uplifting.

"ki Oluwa wa pelu yin, ki o si wa pelu re" cheesy

of course i do, this is not the first time, is only that i don't understand yoruba fully, so what i do was to meditatively respond in English smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lindiwe:

guys,
how are y'all all doing?
hope you had a wonderful weekend, given the great feasts we had over the weekend! it was GREAT for me!!!!

biko permit me to tender my humble apology for not showing up with my gist on Friday . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed
I was knocked down by malaria thursday evening, i couldn't even go to the office anymore as planned . . .
i'm a lot berra though . . . probably because i was immediately bundled to bayelsa yesterday!

ah! i can see that a lot of people want to hear my gist! wow! let me warn that it's not interesting oh! i couldn't see His Holiness! things didn't go as planned . . .

kpele o my sister, so how are you feeling now, hope better.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lindiwe:

guys,
how are y'all all doing?

hey sis sorry oh. thank God you are ok now and back to work grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lindiwe:

let us be the judge of that smiley

you go rome and you no see papa shocked wetin happen now, u no stay outside him window?

where yo come dey run go now
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Charles Borromeo

ARCHBISHOP OF MILAN

Patron of: against ulcers; apple orchards; bishops; catechists; catechumens; colic; intestinal disorders; seminarians; spiritual directors; spiritual leaders; starch makers; stomach diseases

He was born in the Castle of Arona, a town on the southern shore of the Lago Maggiore in Northern Italy, 2 October, 1538; died at Milan, 3 November, 1584. His emblem is the word <humilitas> crowned, which is a portion of the Borromeo shield. He is usually represented in art in his cardinal's robes, barefoot, carrying the cross as archbishop; a rope round his neck, one hand raised in blessing, thus recalling his work during the plague. His feast is kept on 4 November. His father was Count Giberto Borromeo, who, about 1530, married Margherita de Medici. Her younger brother was Giovanni Angelo, Cardinal de' Medici, who became pope in 1559 under the title of Pius IV. Charles was the second son, and the third of six children, of Giberto and Margherita. Charles' mother died about the year 1547, and his father married again.

The name of St. Charles Borromeo is associated with reform. He lived during the time of the Protestant Reformation, and had a hand in the reform of the whole Church during the final years of the Council of Trent.
Although he belonged to a noble Milanese family and was related to the powerful Medici family, he desired to devote himself to the Church. When his uncle, Cardinal de Medici, was elected pope in 1559 as Pius IV, he made Charles cardinal-deacon and administrator of the Archdiocese of Milan while he was still a layman and a young student. Because of his intellectual qualities he was entrusted with several important offices connected with the Vatican and later appointed secretary of state with full charge of the administration of the papal states. The untimely death of his elder brother brought Charles to a definite decision to be ordained a priest, despite relatives’ insistence that he marry. He was ordained a priest at the age of 25, and soon afterward he was consecrated bishop of Milan.

Because of his work at the Council of Trent he was not allowed to take up residence in Milan until the Council was over. Charles had encouraged the pope to renew the Council in 1562 after it had been suspended 10 years before. Working behind the scenes, St. Charles deserves the credit for keeping the Council in session when at several points it was on the verge of breaking up. He took upon himself the task of the entire correspondence during the final phase.

Eventually Charles was allowed to devote his time to the Archdiocese of Milan, where the religious and moral picture was far from bright. The reform needed in every phase of Catholic life among both clergy and laity was initiated at the provincial council of all his suffragan bishops. Specific regulations were drawn up for bishops and other clergy: If the people were to be converted to a better life, these had to be the first to give a good example and renew their apostolic spirit.

Charles took the initiative in giving good example. He allotted most of his income to charity, forbade himself all luxury and imposed severe penances upon himself. He sacrificed wealth, high honors, esteem and influence to become poor. During the plague and famine of 1576 he tried to feed 60,000 to 70,000 people daily. To do this he borrowed large sums of money that required years to repay. When the civil authorities fled at the height of the plague, he stayed in the city, where he ministered to the sick and the dying, helping those in want.

Work and the heavy burdens of his high office began to affect his health. He died at the age of 46.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2008
oby, who you want make e read all this long post?

abeg try edit small b4 seun go run out of space lipsrsealed
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2008
Memorial of Saint Charles Borromeo, bishop

Reading 1
Phil 2:5-11

Brothers and sisters:
Have among yourselves the same attitude
that is also yours in Christ Jesus,

Who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
something to be grasped.
Rather, he emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
coming in human likeness;
and, found human in appearance,
he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 22:26b-27, 28-30ab, 30e, 31-32

R. (26a) I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
I will fulfill my vows before those who fear him.
The lowly shall eat their fill;
they who seek the LORD shall praise him:
“May your hearts be ever merry!”
R. I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
All the ends of the earth
shall remember and turn to the LORD;
All the families of the nations
shall bow down before him.
For dominion is the LORD’s,
and he rules the nations.
To him alone shall bow down
all who sleep in the earth.
To him my soul shall live;
my descendants shall serve him.
Let the coming generation be told of the LORD
that they may proclaim to a people yet to be born
the justice he has shown.

Gospel
Lk 14:15-24

One of those at table with Jesus said to him,
“Blessed is the one who will dine in the Kingdom of God.”
He replied to him,
“A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many.
When the time for the dinner came,
he dispatched his servant to say to those invited,
‘Come, everything is now ready.’
But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves.
The first said to him,
‘I have purchased a field and must go to examine it;
I ask you, consider me excused.’
And another said, ‘I have purchased five yoke of oxen
and am on my way to evaluate them;
I ask you, consider me excused.’
And another said, ‘I have just married a woman,
and therefore I cannot come.’
The servant went and reported this to his master.
Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant,
‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town
and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.’
The servant reported, ‘Sir, your orders have been carried out
and still there is room.’
The master then ordered the servant,
‘Go out to the highways and hedgerows
and make people come in that my home may be filled.
For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.’”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2008
Carlosein:

oby, who you want make e read all this long post?

abeg try edit small before seun go run out of space lipsrsealed

grin grin grin yes i wan find una mouth grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Here is why you Sleep in Church / Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.