Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (21022 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Lady2(f): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2008
morning peeps,

lady, how u doing today and how'z the lappy?

Hi Carl, the lappy is performing well. No problems.

How does one quote someone, where the name shows that it's the person who truly posted it, on this board?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 9:56am On Dec 04, 2008
Hello everyone!!!
wonderful day to you all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2008
Today's Saint
St. John Damascene (676?-749)

John spent most of his life in the monastery of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem, and all of his life under Muslim rule, indeed, protected by it. He was born in Damascus, received a classical and theological education, and followed his father in a government position under the Arabs. After a few years he resigned and went to the monastery of St. Sabas.
He is famous in three areas. First, he is known for his writings against the iconoclasts, who opposed the veneration of images. Paradoxically, it was the Eastern Christian emperor Leo who forbade the practice, and it was because John lived in Muslim territory that his enemies could not silence him. Second, he is famous for his treatise, Exposition of the Orthodox Faith, a summary of the Greek Fathers (of which he became the last). It is said that this book is to Eastern schools what the Summa of Aquinas became to the West. Thirdly, he is known as a poet, one of the two greatest of the Eastern Church, the other being Romanus the Melodist. His devotion to the Blessed Mother and his sermons on her feasts are well known.

Quote:
Lead me to pastures, Lord, and graze there with me. Do not let my heart lean either to the right or the left, but let your good Spirit guide me along the straight path. Whenever I do, let it be in accordance with your will, now until the end. ST. JOHN DAMASCENE.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 11:19am On Dec 04, 2008
~Lady~:

Hi Carl, the lappy is performing well. No problems.

How does one quote someone, where the name shows that it's the person who truly posted it, on this board?

good about the lappy.

you mean as i just quoted you above right?

when you click on "reply" and the reply page opens, on the top right hand corner of the portion you want

you'll see "insert quote", click on it and your quote is inserted automatically on the page.

hope preparations is in full gear to exams. may Our Lady Seat of Wisdom be your help.

take care.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 11:23am On Dec 04, 2008
Thursday of the First Week of Advent

Reading 1
Is 26:1-6

On that day they will sing this song in the land of Judah:

“A strong city have we;
he sets up walls and ramparts to protect us.
Open up the gates
to let in a nation that is just,
one that keeps faith.
A nation of firm purpose you keep in peace;
in peace, for its trust in you.”

Trust in the LORD forever!
For the LORD is an eternal Rock.
He humbles those in high places,
and the lofty city he brings down;
He tumbles it to the ground,
levels it with the dust.
It is trampled underfoot by the needy,
by the footsteps of the poor.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27a

R. (26a) Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
or:
R. Alleluia.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his mercy endures forever.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.
R. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
or:
R. Alleluia.
Open to me the gates of justice;
I will enter them and give thanks to the LORD.
This gate is the LORD’s;
the just shall enter it.
I will give thanks to you, for you have answered me
and have been my savior.
or:
R. Alleluia.
O LORD, grant salvation!
O LORD, grant prosperity!
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD;
we bless you from the house of the LORD.
The LORD is God, and he has given us light.
or:
R. Alleluia.

Gospel
Mt 7:21, 24-27

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
will enter the Kingdom of heaven,
but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them
will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.
And everyone who listens to these words of mine
but does not act on them
will be like a fool who built his house on sand.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2008
Oby1:

Hello everyone!!!
wonderful day to you all.

same to you oby. kedu kodi?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 11:29am On Dec 04, 2008
odinma! smiley tongue
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2008
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

nice

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2008
hehe. . . . yu went all d way to kum n paste here cheesy

Arent heart meant to b broken? tongue

break as many as yu kan. . . . yu hia? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by wonderlove(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
Hi how are you doing girl.
Am very new guy here just checking thru wat you'posted men u [/i] [b][/b]are verv 4ny indeed

Anyway just trying to hi to members

Regards!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
wonder dear,

welkum o!! hpe yu hv 4un on nland!! wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

hehe. . . . yu went all d way to kum n paste here cheesy

Arent heart meant to b broken? tongue

break as many as yu kan. . . . yu hia? grin

moyola, dat one na big big lie o. hearts are meant to be smothered with love kiss kiss

i can't break any cos "i'm a lover not a fighter" cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
wonderlove, welcome dear.

now to get back on track, any of you (moyola, wonderlove) catholics?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
Some of my friends are. . . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

Some of my friends are. . . .

catholics or broken hearted? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2008
Carlosein:

same to you oby. kedu kodi?

Odinma, this man don turn to ibo man finish.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2008
Carlosein:

catholics or broken hearted? grin

more like 'Broken hearted Catholics'! embarassed
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oby1:

Odinma, this man don turn to ibo man finish.

even me sef. . . . tongue

nde ewo! wteva dhat meanz undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

even me sef. . . . tongue

nde ewo! wteva dhat meanz undecided

I can see that.
nde ewo means weldone

Please don't break my heart cos is fragile smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oby1:

I can see that.
nde ewo means weldone

OK

Oby1:

Please don't break my heart because is fragile smiley

d more reason it'd b broken  tongue
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

OK

d more reason it'd b broken tongue

i totally disagree with u dear
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oby,
is yur real name Obiagele, Obikachi, Obianuju Obi-jan-ja-ja undecided juz askin

Catholic?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

Oby,
is yur real name Obiagele, Obikachi, Obianuju Obi-jan-ja-ja undecided juz askin

Catholic?

Yes Catholic.
my real name is obiageli, abeg which one b obi-jan-ja-ja cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oby1:

Yes Catholic.
my real name is obiageli,

aite!! wink

Oby1:

abeg which one b obi-jan-ja-ja cheesy

hehe. . . .

heard it in 1 of Onyeka Owenu's song 'obijanjaja - obi' 'obikerere*** - obi' grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

more like 'Broken hearted Catholics'! embarassed

hope it's not becos they know you sha!

oby, how work?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2008
work dey, we dey push am.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2008
Moyola:

aite!! wink

hehe. . . .

heard it in 1 of Onyeka Owenu's song 'obijanjaja - obi' 'obikerere*** - obi' grin

You are really something else moyola.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2008
yea, she's a heartbreaker lipsrsealed
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
cry
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Oby1(f): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
Carlosein:

yea, she's a heartbreaker lipsrsealed

No Carlos i don't think so, seems she has repented of it because she is sober. Moyola hope i'm right wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Moyola(f): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oby tu my rescue!!

ain hearbreaker. . . yu are veri correct! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2008
ok then i believe ya. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / T.B. Joshua Predicts Death Of African Leader In 60 Days / 14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.