Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! (45587 Views)

BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! / NMA Strike: New Salary Structure For Doctors Takes Off January 2015 / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2014
It all boils down to petty jealousy.
Even the title of your thread shows it.
"Fg paid doctors new salary!" With exclamation mark.
Were you thinking they would come back from the strike empty handed before? Na so e paaaiiin you?
Whatever profession you are doing, if you feel you deserve more pay by all means ask.
Don't use pepper eye to pour sand in someone else's garri.

Just someone who happens to have been helped numerous times by them and know their true worth.

For the docs here I heard your ogas sold you guys out.
Its a pity but that's naija for you.

People are here typing insults, don't mind them. The truth is that they are jealous. FACT.

10 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Sagamite(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2014
uken73: They won. Hope they can justify this jumbo pay by attending to patients properly. But some would still provide haphazard service and divert patients to their hospital.

A nasty experience in a public hospital
Some years ago I was at a teaching hospital for a common medical fitness test & certification. I got to the hospital at some minutes past 8am. First I queued for card retrieval and watched as nurses would go in and have their relations/friends cards retrieved earlier even when those friends had just arrived. Then queued for Blood Pressure test and assignment to consultant. By the time I was assigned to a doctor it was almost 11:30am. I now queued again to see the consultant. When I finally go in to meet the consultant, she said she doesn't handle fitness examination and referred me to another consultant. I went and joined another queue. On the queue I was able to see the consultant doctor when the door is opened. The doctor (male) was spending most of the time browsing on his laptop instead of attending to patients. And his queue was progressing very slowly. Just when I was next in line, he told the nurse assisting him that he won't attend to any other person. This was nearly 1pm. Can't remember, but I think it was said that they close by 1pm. We were told to come back another day. I refused to leave. Immediately the last patient left I stepped in and persuaded the doctor to attend to me that I'd been there since morning and was made to wait on the wrong queue. He insisted that he was done for the day and asked me to leave. I went back to the other doctor I was initially assigned to, she had stopped attending to people too, but when I explained my challenge and the fact that I had limited time to submit the fitness report, she attended to me. By the time I was done with the tests it was already past 3pm. My whole day was virtually spent in the hospital for just a fitness test.

While waiting I had also observed how nurses would scold an old man who was groaning in pains. This old man was old enough to have children who are much older than most of these nurses, but they don't seem to have any sympathy for the man just because they believe the man had waited too long before seeking medical attention. They would make comments like "Is it today that this problem started? Let us hear something, abeg"

If you don't like this service then "Ef off or sue!".

Na only you dey Nigeria? You think you are too much of a big man to spend even 4 days waiting to get you patient card?

So what if Nigerian doctors provided you with a poor service? What can you do about it? You are now opening your mouth to complain?

Tscheeewwww!

Abeg phantom and Arabianprince come and warn this guy o. This yeye guy expects respect and customer service from people like you quacks we call Doctors in Nigeria. E don lose im mind. Make una call soldier from barracks to even beat him up for complaining so he knows what patient care philosophy dem teach una for una "Highest Average" UTH. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by doofanc: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2014
kennylawal:

It is: I wish I was a doctor .

And it is I'm, not am

I wish I were. . .

@ topic, well that's good news. A labourer is worthy of his pay

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2014
Reasons why people hate doctors:

1. They wanted to become doctors themselves but never had the chance.

2. In medical school their doctor counterparts never interacted with them and so they interpreted it to mean pride instead of realising they didn't just have the time.

3. Some medical students were proud assholes. But that is so for other professions as well.

4. The money they earn. They don't understand why their friend who they knew yesterday now earns more than them.

5. Their rise in stature after they graduate. They still look like they are too busy for you but the truth is they still don't have the time.

6. People go to see doctors when they are sick and helpless and at thier most vulnerable. Some doctors don't empathise with patients maybe because they are too busy and overworked. The number of patients seen by a doctor daily in goverment hospitals is disgustingly too much! Its like a market! Thar's why i prefer private.

Doctors can tell from a glance when an illness is serious or minor. The minor ones they treat dismissively without much attention not knowing that the patients feelings are hurt because they really don't know what is happening to them and feel the doctor should give them all the attention.

7. When people are sick in hospital they are asking for your help. Shouting on your patients at such a time makes them feel humiliated. When they get better they won't remember the good you did but will instead attribute it to God. Meanwhile they will hold a grudge and anger against the doctor.

8. Most people don't know what doctors really do. Most people think doctors only treat typhoid and malaria. They don't know about the many other sickness out there. If they did they would be more appreciative of you.

9. Most Nigerians, a large majority are IGNORANT. its not their fault, this county's education sector is a shambles. That's why some graduates were willing to drink salt and water to cure Ebola.

10. Some senior doctors insult junior doctors in precence of patients. I have personally seen this happen in LUTH. And after insulting and humiliating the young doctor whom we thought had been doing a good job they still let him attend to us. Of course outlr confidence in him had died completely by then and when we went after the Oga he said he's not supposed to handle the case. So why not correct the doctor in private? If you don't respect your kind how do you expect others to respect you?

11. Some people are just greedy and want to harvest where they have not planted.

12. Plain old jealousy for jealousy's sake. These people are angry at anybody that is seen to becoming better than them. If tomorrow the rich man on their street dies they will rejoice simply because something bad has befallen them. If a jeep crashes in their front it will sweet them because now the person has to trek like they do. If tomorrow the doctors start earning N1000 a month they will be happy that at least let the doctor suffer small.

Those are my reasons why I feel there is so much hatred for doctors in this country. Hopefully things will get better because like it or not they are the custodians of our health as a nation

Three people you must pay well without question: Your lawyer, your doctor and your security for they are the ones that guard your life and freedom.
Thank you.

22 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Coldplay007(f): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2014
5minsmadness: Reasons why people hate doctors:

2. In medical school their doctor counterparts never interacted with them and so they interpreted it to mean pride instead of realising they didn't just have the time.

3. Some medical students were proud assholes. But that is so for other professions as well.

4. The money they earn. They don't understand why their friend who they knew yesterday now earns more than them.

5. Their rise in stature after they graduate. They still look like they are too busy for you but the truth is they still don't have the time.

6. People go to see doctors when they are sick and helpless and at thier most vulnerable. Some doctors don't empathise with patients maybe because they are too busy and overworked. The number of patients seen by a doctor daily in goverment hospitals is disgustingly too much! Its like a market! Thar's why i prefer private.

Doctors can tell from a glance when an illness is serious or minor. The minor ones they treat dismissively without much attention not knowing that the patients feelings are hurt because they really don't know what is happening to them and feel the doctor should give them all the attention.

7. When people are sick in hospital they are asking for your help. Shouting on your patients at such a time makes them feel humiliated. When they get better they won't remember the good you did but will instead attribute it to God. Meanwhile they will hold a grudge and anger against the doctor.

8. Most people don't know what doctors really do. Most people think doctors only treat typhoid and malaria. They don't know about the many other sickness out there. If they did they would be more appreciative of you.

9. Most Nigerians, a large majority are IGNORANT. its not their fault, this county's education sector is a shambles. That's why some graduates were willing to drink salt and water to cure Ebola.

10. Some senior doctors insult junior doctors in precence of patients. I have personally seen this happen in LUTH. And after insulting and humiliating the young doctor whom we thought had been doing a good job they still let him attend to us. Of course outlr confidence in him had died completely by then and when we went after the Oga he said he's not supposed to handle the case. So why not correct the doctor in private? If you don't respect your kind how do you expect others to respect you?

Those are my reasons why I feel there is so much hatred for doctors in this country. Hopefully things will get better because like it or not they are the custodians of our health as a nation

Three people you must pay well without question: Your lawyer, your doctor and your security for they are the ones that guard your life and freedom.
Thank you.
Very Nice!
Permission to BC this all over the internet? grin
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2014
what an insult, when babalawo ask you to sleep with corpse, bath with shiiiit and bring all your money, you complain? abeg give that doctor his money

4 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Coldplay007:
Very Nice!
Permission to BC this all over the internet? grin
Permission granted.
I still maintain copyright o. If money dey involved i must get my share angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by eejo(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Jonathan is leading nigeria to it final resting place NLC is proposing 50,000 living wage Nigerians be ready for more strike
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Coldplay007(f): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2014
5minsmadness:
Permission granted.
I still maintain copyright o. If money dey involved i must get my share angry grin
No wahala.. grin 50-50
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Jummymine(f): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2014
its not like that. the johesu caused it. if you pressure the govt to make your salary the doctors', then you might as well increase the doctors!Actually, in the well run private hospitals, consultants, fresh ones earn about 700 to 800, as my friends now do. Those wthat run their own setup earn up to a million average.
but to stop all this nonsense, the govt should privatize the whole system, while strenghtening health insurance. that is the long term solution.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=5minsmadness]Reasons why people hate doctors:

11. Some people are just greedy and want to harvest where they have not planted.

12. Plain old jealousy for jealousy's sake. These people are angry at anybody that is seen to becoming better than them. If tomorrow the rich man on their street dies they will rejoice simply because something bad has befallen them. If a jeep crashes in their front it will sweet them because now the person has to trek like they do. If tomorrow the doctors start earning N1000 a month they will be happy that at least let the doctor suffer small.

Thank you.[/quote
WELL SPOKEN....

am a MEDICAL DOCTOR ....
Just send ur email across..
we need 2do XPLOITS together.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2014

Thank you.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by dakillmaster: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2014
As usual we Nigerians act like we a bunch of illiterate uneducated fools.someone posts a totally fictitous unsubstantiated story about another professionals salaet(not even his/hers) and its accepted hook,line and sinker..nobody asks for verification of facts or even offers a tangible analysis..eg what's the level of a cobsultant in the civil service,what do their counterparts on that level earn,whats the evidence of this new salary nentioned,does this persons job actually deserve that pay if true etc...we exist on hatred which has permeated every fabric of our society as seen with religous bigotry n tribalism...when the poster brings evidence of this his obviously overexaggerated facts,we can talk about its merits and demerits and offer further analysis...not reacting to unsubstantiated facts posted in an obviously biased state of mind geared at generating rancor n mistrust.....out

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Coldplay007(f): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2014
5minsmadness:
Permission granted.
Your post don go viral on facebook o... try and create a new post on NL for it..
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2014
@kayciano PM me and I'll answer you sharperly
#no dulling grin
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2014
Coldplay007:
Your post don go viral on facebook o... try and create a new post on NL for it..
Already did that.
Viral ke? Send me link na
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Emmy4Naija: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2014
I don't think they are overpaid. However, they don't deliver quality of service to the patients and most of them are lackadaisical on the job. Hence, Good their paymasters should put in a system/process to check them and get them to do their work as expected of them.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Fitz22(f): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz:
Why didn't you study it and use your licence to do humanitarian services.

Selfish Nigeria doctor, because u study medicine u re now alpha and omega?. D only true health teams we have in dis country is JOHESU. GEJ should not listen to NMA's terms jare.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ThundrCork(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2014
Well said but you forgot to include teachers, They traigned those who safe guard our lives

Thank you.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2014
Jummymine: its not like that. the johesu caused it. if you pressure the govt to make your salary the doctors', then you might as well increase the doctors!Actually, in the well run private hospitals, consultants, fresh ones earn about 700 to 800, as my friends now do. Those wthat run their own setup earn up to a million average.
but to stop all this nonsense, the govt should privatize the whole system, while strenghtening health insurance. that is the long term solution.
I don't think anyone in the health sector has ever agitated for Doc's salary..For God's sake,it takes a Bsc graduate who starts from conhess 7, 9yrs(3promotions) to get to the entry level of a fresh Doc(Conmess 2 which is equivalent to conhess 11 in fed hosps), now they want it extended to 12yrs(4promotions)by skipping Conmess 2..
They deserve higher pay,but they should not poke their noses(as they usually do) whenever govt is ready to negotiate with JOHESU for salary increment too.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by otswag(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2014
kennylawal:

It is: I wish I was a doctor .

And it is I'm, not am
on the contrary, its I wish I "were" a dr

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by DrLuv: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2014
pure propaganda and poorly baked info,yet nigerians as usual will swallow it hook,line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by DrLuv: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2014
pure propaganda and poorly baked info,yet nigerians as usual will swallow it hook,line and sinker

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2014
osi2345: Let's put sentiments and jealousy aside. I fell doctors and teachers shld b d highest paid. Dey deserve it.... my opinion.
Exactly! But are teachers paid well? NO!infact, they are the lowest paid civil servants..Almost everyone is underpaid in Nigeria..
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Freelancer00(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Sagamite:

If you don't like this service then "Ef off or sue!".

Na only you dey Nigeria? You think you are too much of a big man to spend even 4 days waiting to get you patient card?

So what if Nigerian doctors provided you with a poor service? What can you do about it? You are now opening your mouth to complain?

Tscheeewwww!

Abeg phantom and Arabianprince come and warn this guy o. This yeye guy expects respect and customer service from people like you quacks we call Doctors in Nigeria. E don lose im mind. Make una call soldier from barracks to even beat him up for complaining so he knows what patient care philosophy dem teach una for una "Highest Average" UTH. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
MuMu
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
DrLuv: pure propaganda and poorly baked info,yet nigerians as usual will swallow it hook,line and sinker.
It's true..it's not the OP's fault that you are not current..in my centre,the Bank alert came as a surprise to the Docs sef,they were so happy.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Freelancer00(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2014

Thank you.
How many days u use think about this nonsense?
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
EllaD101: They deserve it. How I wish am a doctor.
what are u waiting 4. even at 100years you can start to be one so that when u are 106yrs God help u if there is no strike may be u will be 106+ b4 u can be a doctor and then start earning as you said they deserve it. I have said it on this platform doctors are not the most important and no profession can equally claim that. All work together to achieve success. I wonder what the doctors will use to treat/cure their patients if pharmacist withdraws all drugs or other allied heath workers fold their arms and allow them to do the job alone. Yet they think they are superman. None of the equipment used in the hospitals by the doctors were made by any of them; the engineers made them, i wonder what they can do if the equipment are not there yet they claim to be all and all. Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Cityguy: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
toysleek:
It's very true..
Tell us your centre so we can confirm
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by BCJAY(f): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
May God help us in this Country
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
deletrue: Thank you. Na GEJ I dey blame, who is only trying to build a new enduring system for other to follow. Otherwise during the time of OBJ and others, who cares? If you like cry, OBJ will even OPENLY disobay court orders and nothing happens, but here is a man (GEJ) who even listens to bloody thieves like the doctors, all in an effort to turn round the completely rotton system.
my broda dont worry GEJ is dancing to 2015 tunes. Nigerians, including the doctors will know him better if he emerges president in 2015. let the doctors in their widest imagination try a repeat of their strike after he becomes president which i know they will never try, then they will see a reincarnation of FASHOLA in what GEJ will do to them.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by emmalexabl(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
FG just confirmed the fact that butterfly is not a bird.
Just as a road side mechanic is not a mechanical engineer.

Lllooooolllll @ JOHESU.
NMA 6 Vs JOHESU 0

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Spots A Pregnant Mad Woman On The Road & Gets Shocked. Photos / Dr Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries With Her Medical Team In Cross River (Photos) / Suspected Coronavirus Victim Dies In Front Of Ogun Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.