Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! (45588 Views)

BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! / NMA Strike: New Salary Structure For Doctors Takes Off January 2015 / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by phantom(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
toysleek:
It's true..it's not the OP's fault that you are not current..in my centre,the Bank alert came as a surprise to the Docs sef,they were so happy.

happy for 2months arrears? that's a joke.for how much kwanu?
the real deal is in 2015. 10 months bolus stat.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ogawisdom(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Jesus 900k per month when entry level university profs earn 381k per month ASUU oya u must do sth u r under paid greatly

Am nt saying consultants shldnt be well paid but I tink 900k is toooo much, 500k shld b ok tongue. If they pay consultants dt much then uni profs shld b close at least 800k
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by skabber2: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
donbenie: He is saying if you have issues with what the government is paying Doctors,you should go and apply for it.It is non of your business what the government decides to pay doctors,Haba,see beef,U must be a JOHESU..
see reasoning..... with these kind of things nigeria breed. No hope of a better country here.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Fitz22:

Selfish Nigeria doctor, because u study medicine u re now alpha and omega?. D only true health teams we have in dis country is JOHESU. GEJ should not listen to NMA's terms jare.
Am sorry, it is not my fault that most of you couldn't get admitted into med school. In your Next life, try harder.

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by shizzleStar: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
these doctors earn so much, yet the nonchalance they exhibit on some emergency cases is just wicked and pathetic undecided
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by shizzleStar: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
kayciano: [s]I can sense d overwhelming HATRED for doctors...
BUT i stil ask...Y not go back and get this medicine studied or u may possibly enrol ur kids in it.
U HATE DOCS....yet u send tributes to Dr.ADADEVOH.
Dis country is something else....
Now am begining to understand why everything BLACK depicts EVIL.
Ur govs. and Legislatures are their carting away WARDROBE ,KITCHEN & FURNTITURE ALLOWANCES.
Federal govt. spends 1.8billion on curtleries annually..yet we dont ask whether dey are using HARPOONS or FISHING TRAWLERS to FEED. WEN did they start feeding on LIONS and LEOPARDS..if i may ask.
WEN d QUEEN visited NIGERIA for just 2days...OBASANJO claimed he spent almost 60million naira on her feeding...
My dad, den asked if she was feeding on cheetahs
,jellyfishes or may be drinking CRUDE OIL as water..?
I can conclude by saying dat people hate doctors because dey feel INFERIOR ,wen eva they are around dem,which is not meant to be so.
Dey gat sharp BRAINS but u gat urs as well.
EVERYONE must not study medicine to prove his/her intelligence.
We tend to LEAD GOD,instead of the other way round.
By d way Oga JONA studied ZOOLOGY...soooo[/s]
Rubbish! rubbish I say!

since you are so bothered about what politicians earn and spend, why don't you go into politics and be a politician and save us your lamentation?. I say again that these doctors are so greedy and full of themselves even when many of you are quacks and unproductive...Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
FG commence this

FG commence that

FG plans to do this

FG plans to do that

FG commences payment

Enough!!!

We want to hear when FG had already completed whatever they promise

i.e. FG has paid Doctors' salaries
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by DrLuv: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
toysleek:
It's true..it's not the OP's fault that you are not current..in my centre,the Bank alert came as a surprise to the Docs sef,they were so happy.
my post reads "poorly baked information"which means there is an element of truth in the the post but still very far from the entire truth.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by skabber2: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
armadeo: This op you posted a document dated January and started ranting in drs pay.
What exactly is wrong with you.

Your comments and the circular are parallel lines.
You should have just left the tread for people that understand it. Something else could cure you itching fingers...you know?
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
skabber2:
You should have just left the tread for people that understand it. Something else could cure you itching fingers...you know?

You still have courage to open mouth. I put it again nothing in your post suggests what the document says.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by skabber2: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
armadeo:

You still have courage to open mouth. I put it again nothing in your post suggests what the document says.
Odensine, that was the circular for the implementation of the new salary increament. it was released january.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by phantom(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
skabber2:
Odensine, that was the circular for the implementation of the new salary increament. it was released january.

that was not a salary increment but a CORRECTION of the con mess scale.
the FG has been paying with a wrong scale.
please get it clear!

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by dapsoneh: 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
It's all liesssss... the date there reads 9th of jan
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
phantom:

that was not a salary increment but a CORRECTION of the con mess scale.
the FG has been paying with a wrong scale.
please get it clear!
It all boils down to the same thing.
Skipping from one level to a higher one automatically increases your salary abi?.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by phantom(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
toysleek:
It all boils down to the same thing.
Skipping from one level to a higher one automatically increases your salary abi?.

it does BUT you make it sound like we held a gun to FGs head for an increment in salary.
besides I hope you know the correction was also done for johesu so in effect they will get their arrears too.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
phantom:

it does BUT you make it sound like we held a gun to FGs head for an increment in salary.
besides I hope you know the correction was also done for johesu so in effect they will get their arrears too.
We hope so ooooo..Forget arrears,let them implement it first.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ozo13(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
toysleek:
The docs in my hospital were paid 2months arrears yesterday and each consultant got 700k for 2mnths, Senior reg got about 400+..but the Regs were sidelined.it will be fully implemented in January nxt yr.
sooooooooooooo.stop hating please.d lawyera dat r SAN takes home 1million naira per month and some oda allowance.don't hate.if u like d profession u can apply wt jamb form.40+ yrs dey give am a trial.one love

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Giifted: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
docadams:
This is unintelligent submission. Are you aware of the outcome of doctors strike in Liberia?
This is Nigeria not liberia, if u love Liberia so much, what's stopping u from packing up ur stuffs and going there for good?
All dis good-for-nothing empty heads will still betalking when others are talking. Rubbish!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Giifted: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
5minsmadness: It all boils down to petty jealousy.
Even the title of your thread shows it.
"Fg paid doctors new salary!" With exclamation mark.
Were you thinking they would come back from the strike empty handed before? Na so e paaaiiin you?
Whatever profession you are doing, if you feel you deserve more pay by all means ask.
Don't use pepper eye to pour sand in someone else's garri.

Before you start shouting am not a doc.

Just someone who happens to have been helped numerous times by them and know their true worth.

For the docs here I heard your ogas sold you guys out.
Its a pity but that's naija for you.

People are here typing insults, don't mind them. The truth is that they are jealous. FACT.

Eh yaa... I pity u. Talking rubbish to achieve small small favours. Go and get urself a job my friend! And stop being an ass-kisser!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
ozo13: sooooooooooooo.stop hating please.d lawyera dat r SAN takes home 1million naira per month and some oda allowance.don't hate.if u like d profession u can apply wt jamb form.40+ yrs dey give am a trial.one love
Honestly, you didn't make sense.. Who is hating?. Abeg park well.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Giifted: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz:
Am sorry, it is not my fault that most of you couldn't get admitted into med school. In your Next life, try harder.
You that paid your way into school and paid your way thru school, you still count urself amongst doctors! Abeg let us hear jor!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Giifted:
You that paid your way into school and paid your way thru school, you still count urself amongst doctors! Abeg let us hear jor!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Coldplay007(f): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
ogawisdom: Jesus 900k per month when entry level university profs earn 381k per month ASUU oya u must do sth u r under paid greatly

Am nt saying consultants shldnt be well paid but I tink 900k is toooo much, 500k shld b ok tongue. If they pay consultants dt much then uni profs shld b close at least 800k
University profs earn very close to 1 million, don't know where you got your info of 381k
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
skabber2:

You are still talking?
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Fitz22(f): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz:

grin grin grin poor mentality, grow up my dear.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by aztruth: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
phantom:

personally I think an average of 1,000,000 for a consultant is just ok. Let's not let Nigeria environment blind us.
Esp consultants in lagos and abuja should even earn like 2,000,000. Though they shd be made to work for it.
Before Someone insults me, am not a Doctor though you are likely to believe am one despite this Disclaimer.
WAS just talking about Consultants salaries but on a general level, there shd be salary increase for all Nigerians to a living wage.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
5minsmadness: Reasons why people hate doctors:

1. They wanted to become doctors themselves but never had the chance.

2. In medical school their doctor counterparts never interacted with them and so they interpreted it to mean pride instead of realising they didn't just have the time.

3. Some medical students were proud assholes. But that is so for other professions as well.

4. The money they earn. They don't understand why their friend who they knew yesterday now earns more than them.

5. Their rise in stature after they graduate. They still look like they are too busy for you but the truth is they still don't have the time.

6. People go to see doctors when they are sick and helpless and at thier most vulnerable. Some doctors don't empathise with patients maybe because they are too busy and overworked. The number of patients seen by a doctor daily in goverment hospitals is disgustingly too much! Its like a market! Thar's why i prefer private.

Doctors can tell from a glance when an illness is serious or minor. The minor ones they treat dismissively without much attention not knowing that the patients feelings are hurt because they really don't know what is happening to them and feel the doctor should give them all the attention.

7. When people are sick in hospital they are asking for your help. Shouting on your patients at such a time makes them feel humiliated. When they get better they won't remember the good you did but will instead attribute it to God. Meanwhile they will hold a grudge and anger against the doctor.

8. Most people don't know what doctors really do. Most people think doctors only treat typhoid and malaria. They don't know about the many other sickness out there. If they did they would be more appreciative of you.

9. Most Nigerians, a large majority are IGNORANT. its not their fault, this county's education sector is a shambles. That's why some graduates were willing to drink salt and water to cure Ebola.

10. Some senior doctors insult junior doctors in precence of patients. I have personally seen this happen in LUTH. And after insulting and humiliating the young doctor whom we thought had been doing a good job they still let him attend to us. Of course outlr confidence in him had died completely by then and when we went after the Oga he said he's not supposed to handle the case. So why not correct the doctor in private? If you don't respect your kind how do you expect others to respect you?

11. Some people are just greedy and want to harvest where they have not planted.

12. Plain old jealousy for jealousy's sake. These people are angry at anybody that is seen to becoming better than them. If tomorrow the rich man on their street dies they will rejoice simply because something bad has befallen them. If a jeep crashes in their front it will sweet them because now the person has to trek like they do. If tomorrow the doctors start earning N1000 a month they will be happy that at least let the doctor suffer small.

Those are my reasons why I feel there is so much hatred for doctors in this country. Hopefully things will get better because like it or not they are the custodians of our health as a nation

Three people you must pay well without question: Your lawyer, your doctor and your security for they are the ones that guard your life and freedom.
Thank you.
1000 Likes. I owe u 10 cartons of Alomo

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Sirgen05(m): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Elythron16zero4: what are u waiting 4. even at 100years you can start to be one so that when u are 106yrs God help u if there is no strike may be u will be 106+ b4 u can be a doctor and then start earning as you said they deserve it. I have said it on this platform doctors are not the most important and no profession can equally claim that. All work together to achieve success. I wonder what the doctors will use to treat/cure their patients if pharmacist withdraws all drugs or other allied heath workers fold their arms and allow them to do the job alone. Yet they think they are superman. None of the equipment used in the hospitals by the doctors were made by any of them; the engineers made them, i wonder what they can do if the equipment are not there yet they claim to be all and all. Na wa oh

Pure jealousy!! Must u always use doctors for comparison
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Sirgen05(m): 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Giifted:
This is Nigeria not liberia, if u love Liberia so much, what's stopping u from packing up ur stuffs and going there for good?
All dis good-for-nothing empty heads will still betalking when others are talking. Rubbish!

I assume u r mature enough not to use those words on your fellows!!!

You must not abuse to make a point!!!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by 5minsmadness: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Giifted:

Eh yaa... I pity u. (Pity yourself.)
Talking rubbish to achieve small small favours.(Just because you don't understand certain words doesn't make them rubbish. Study English harder. I know you can do it.)
Go and get urself a job my friend! (Unlike you, I already have one, my friend!)
And stop being an ass-kisser!(I'll do so as soon as you stop sucking d1ck.)

In case you have problems understanding the above quote, the words in red are mine.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Josagas(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
I don't understand this doctor beef o. dey say being a doctor is humanitarian in nature. are doctors now red cross or red crescents? or are their logos thesame?

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by bong4(m): 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
EllaD101: They deserve it. How I wish am a doctor.

don't mind them. The doctors deserve it. Have we asked ourselves what work the senators do to deserve the unpublished jumbo pay which includes huge medical allowances while a medical doctor takes #5k as hazard. Are we crazy in this country? This is not d end of strikes. As long as political leaders take home such undeserved pay while our institutions remain moribun, strikes as this will continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Spots A Pregnant Mad Woman On The Road & Gets Shocked. Photos / Dr Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries With Her Medical Team In Cross River (Photos) / Suspected Coronavirus Victim Dies In Front Of Ogun Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.