Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! (45586 Views)

BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! / NMA Strike: New Salary Structure For Doctors Takes Off January 2015 / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sirgen05:

Pure jealousy!! Must u always use doctors for comparison

i guess you are blind.did you read the post that attracted my post. what do you mean by pure jealousy. why will i jealous doctors when some okey and bros Nig ltd at Alaba earn millions daily. jealous doctors my foot. with whom i am if i want to study that your medicine i can because i have what it takes to do that. One of my convictions that there is no big deal in studying medicine was that one of my friend who finished with a 3rd class in the biological sciences went back to study medicine and today he is a doctor. so why can't i especially that he and i knows i am academically better than him. i do also know that if not for the restrictions in admission into the medical school,the preponderance of doctors would be better imagined than we see today. If all and sundry becomes doctors then we will become vet doctors because we can treat ourselves and nobody will be the patient. I don't jealous any doctor, but my ordeal with them is that many of them are filled with ego as if no one can attain their heights/fit in life and the arrogant manner in which some of them attend to patients in government hospitals which completely negates how they attend to people in their private hospitals. sometimes,i wonder if they are the same people you see at government facilities. I will be glad if someone can explain the reason(s) for this abysmal variation in character by the same doctors you see in private and govt hospitals. somebody once said they can't do otherwise in private because the owner of the business is there and won't condone any nonsense from any of them but because govt job is no mans job, anybody does as he/she pleases without any sanctions. may be the fellow is right;let the doctors defend themselves. shikina
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by niggereyez(f): 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
wallex1983: They say Residents are undergoing training, yet they are the ones doing the work. They are the ones that sleep in the hospitals to monitor patients and still resume 8am next day. Consultants barely do nothing in †ђξ hospital. Last to come into the theatre for surgery and first to leave. No night calls....... Yet they get all the attention. No wonder the strike isn't effective. Rubbish!!!

Are u a doctor....
if so, u shld knw dat Consultants are the ones who teach/train and supervise these residents throughout their residency...

also, coming first to theatres and taking night calls doesn't mean u r working the most.. it is a path u must tred to be an expert in ur chosen field... every consultant went tru dat at some point in residency. .. so u see... they've paid their dues.

and do u know consultants take responsibility for any mistake made by the resident doctors under his/her supervision...? yea ... they are d ones who face medico-legal panels when yawa gass for patient head because of some resident's recklessness.....
so u see, their shoulders are weighted with responsibilities

5 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by otokx(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Coldplay007:
University profs earn very close to 1 million, don't know where you got your info of 381k

Untrue University profs in federal universities do not earn anywhere near 800k not to talk of 1 million monthly.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Elythron16zero4: i guess you are blind.did you read the post that attracted my post. what do you mean by pure jealousy. why will i jealous doctors when some okey and bros Nig ltd at Alaba earn millions daily. jealous doctors my foot. with whom i am if i want to study that your medicine i can because i have what it takes to do that. One of my convictions that there is no big deal in studying medicine was that one of my friend who finished with a 3rd class in the biological sciences went back to study medicine and today he is a doctor. so why can't i especially that he and i knows i am academically better than him. i do also know that if not for the restrictions in admission into the medical school,the preponderance of doctors would be better imagined than we see today. If all and sundry becomes doctors then we will become vet doctors because we can treat ourselves and nobody will be the patient. I don't jealous any doctor, but my ordeal with them is that many of them are filled with ego as if no one can attain their heights/fit in life and the arrogant manner in which some of them attend to patients in government hospitals which completely negates how they attend to people in their private hospitals. sometimes,i wonder if they are the same people you see at government facilities. I will be glad if someone can explain the reason(s) for this abysmal variation in character by the same doctors you see in private and govt hospitals. somebody once said they can't do otherwise in private because the owner of the business is there and won't condone any nonsense from any of them but because govt job is no mans job, anybody does as he/she pleases without any sanctions. may be the fellow is right;let the doctors defend themselves. shikina

The tone of this post is different from the message.

That you friend are you sure he knows you are smarter than him.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Giifted:
You that paid your way into school and paid your way thru school, you still count urself amongst doctors! Abeg let us hear jor!
Hahahahahaha....one day, just one day, you will be paying me to give you that same medical care I paid to get.
Bad belle

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Fitz22:

grin grin grin poor mentality, grow up my dear.
Lol....tough quotes deserve tough replies.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Fitz22(f): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz:

My point is dat u were not forced to study medicine n being a doc doest place u above all. Learn to see d profession like any oda profession, everybody can't b doc n everybody can't b an engineer but we all need to respect each oda because we all need each oda.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Fitz22(f): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz:

My point is dat u were not forced to study medicine n being a doc doesn't place u above all. Learn to see d profession like any oda profession, everybody can't b doc n everybody can't b an engineer but we all need to respect each oda because we all need each oda.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Fitz22:

My point is dat u were not forced to study medicine n being a doc doesn't place u above all. Learn to see d profession like any oda profession, everybody can't b doc n everybody can't b an engineer but we all need to respect each oda because we all need each oda.
Yeap, I saw it like every other profession, and as well saw it's dignity. In that dignity I bask.
Anyway, medical profession is not the most important, all professions come together to ensure the continual and comfortable existence of man.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
armadeo:

The tone of this post is different from the message.

That you friend are you sure he knows you are smarter than him.
yes he knows because we took some courses together and i did better than him in all. Even in our days in the secondary school i was always ahead of him in class position. what more prove do you need?

The tone of this post is different from the message. this your opinion and you are entitle to it.

cheers
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Elythron16zero4: yes he knows because we took some courses together and i did better than him in all. Even in our days in the secondary school i was always ahead of him in class position. what more prove do you need?

The tone of this post is different from the message. this your opinion and you are entitle to it.

I don't need any more " prove"

However in my opinion medicine isn't for those who are smart its about endurance.

By the way anyone can read medicine but not everyone can.

cheers
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ogawisdom(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Coldplay007:
University profs earn very close to 1 million, don't know where you got your info of 381k

U r wrong
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ozo13(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Elythron16zero4: i guess you are blind.did you read the post that attracted my post. what do you mean by pure jealousy. why will i jealous doctors when some okey and bros Nig ltd at Alaba earn millions daily. jealous doctors my foot. with whom i am if i want to study that your medicine i can because i have what it takes to do that. One of my convictions that there is no big deal in studying medicine was that one of my friend who finished with a 3rd class in the biological sciences went back to study medicine and today he is a doctor. so why can't i especially that he and i knows i am academically better than him. i do also know that if not for the restrictions in admission into the medical school,the preponderance of doctors would be better imagined than we see today. If all and sundry becomes doctors then we will become vet doctors because we can treat ourselves and nobody will be the patient. I don't jealous any doctor, but my ordeal with them is that many of them are filled with ego as if no one can attain their heights/fit in life and the arrogant manner in which some of them attend to patients in government hospitals which completely negates how they attend to people in their private hospitals. sometimes,i wonder if they are the same people you see at government facilities. I will be glad if someone can explain the reason(s) for this abysmal variation in character by the same doctors you see in private and govt hospitals. somebody once said they can't do otherwise in private because the owner of the business is there and won't condone any nonsense from any of them but because govt job is no mans job, anybody does as he/she pleases without any sanctions. may be the fellow is right;let the doctors defend themselves. shikina
u jus proved ya sef wrong wrong wt dis ya post.y r u threatened by a doctors ego.it means u got this thing call inferiority complex. Be proud of ya profession. Y complaining abt wat a profession take home as salary.a barrister who is a SAN receive a million naira plus monthly from d same govt u r complaining doesn't have money.if u fink u r threatened wt wat a doctor receive try protest to d govt.meanwhile do u know ordinary MBBS is like a 2 bachelor degree(bachelor in medicine + bachelor in surgery) ..so chairman if u feel threatened by anybody's ego try obtain jamb or DE form. Once more chairman dat ya post na inferiority complex thing.please don't hate.u don't know wat dos guys went through before becoming a consultant.like anoda 6yrs of study after having an MBBS certificate. Some no fit stay wt dr family/children. Some receive insult right infront of dr spouse. Chairman dr r alot to say abt doctors. Don't jus focus on dr jumbo pay.heheehe imagine u seeing a beautiful nurse u love so much and wanna ask out.right in front of her eyes ya Superiors ask u a question dey know u will Neva know answers too.u r disgraced right infront of ya lover cos d gal will laf at u.guess wat will happen later, u go jus respect ya self or else na DAT beautiful lady go close d disgrace coffin for u grin.ur oda colleagues in d main campus r flexing wt dr babes mean yl u in d teaching hospital don't even know how to scope a babe(always looking innocent) grin .alot to say abt doctors. Dis ego u r talking I no understand. Even when a medical student wanna b alone to him self cos of medical skol stress and threat of withdrawal from med skol, ppl will complain u r feeling proud.am out.one love.long live d federal rep of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Realtouchnot: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
kennylawal:

It is: I wish I was a doctor .

And it is I'm, not am

My friend I hate it when correct fluids like you are also wrong.
It is: l wish I WERE a doctor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by wallex1983(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
niggereyez:

Are u a doctor....
if so, u shld knw dat Consultants are the ones who teach/train and supervise these residents throughout their residency...

also, coming first to theatres and taking night calls doesn't mean u r working the most.. it is a path u must tred to be an expert in ur chosen field... every consultant went tru dat at some point in residency. .. so u see... they've paid their dues.

and do u know consultants take responsibility for any mistake made by the resident doctors under his/her supervision...? yea ... they are d ones who face medico-legal panels when yawa gass for patient head because of some resident's recklessness.....

Tell me they have paid their dues, I agree 100%. Every other point is not totally valid sir. Besides, I don't need to even be a doctor to get facts. Bros, if you are a registrar, you should know better. Except of cos if either you are a consultant already or abt to write part 2. And join the league of those who cross the bridge and cart away †ђξ bridge
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
ozo13: u jus proved ya sef wrong wrong wt dis ya post.y r u threatened by a doctors ego.it means u got this thing call inferiority complex. Be proud of ya profession. Y complaining abt wat a profession take home as salary.a barrister who is a SAN receive a million naira plus monthly from d same govt u r complaining doesn't have money.if u fink u r threatened wt wat a doctor receive try protest to d govt.meanwhile do u know ordinary MBBS is like a 2 bachelor degree(bachelor in medicine + bachelor in surgery) ..so chairman if u feel threatened by anybody's ego try obtain jamb or DE form. Once more chairman dat ya post na inferiority complex thing.please don't hate.u don't know wat dos guys went through before becoming a consultant.like anoda 6yrs of study after having an MBBS certificate. Some no fit stay wt dr family/children. Some receive insult right infront of dr spouse. Chairman dr r alot to say abt doctors. Don't jus focus on dr jumbo pay.heheehe imagine u seeing a beautiful nurse u love so much and wanna ask out.right in front of her eyes ya Superiors ask u a question dey know u will Neva know answers too.u r disgraced right infront of ya lover cos d gal will laf at u.guess wat will happen later, u go jus respect ya self or else na DAT beautiful lady go close d disgrace coffin for u grin.ur oda colleagues in d main campus r flexing wt dr babes mean yl u in d teaching hospital don't even know how to scope a babe(always looking innocent) grin .alot to say abt doctors. Dis ego u r talking I no understand. Even when a medical student wanna b alone to him self cos of medical skol stress and threat of withdrawal from med skol, ppl will complain u r feeling proud.am out.one love.long live d federal rep of Nigeria
sane minds who read my post knew it's not out of complex i wrote but for the clouded minds may see it so. i can't make any sense from this your trash post. tell me which course is so easy to study? some of you doctors failed courses offered in those ancillary departments you considered are without challenge in your formative years. while your senseless analogy of lover makes no meaning to me it equally suggest that your level of reasoning is greatly shambolic. Go and ask engineering graduates how easy it is to study engineering. in zoology and botany alone you need to cram many zoological and botanical names.There are many combine honour courses in the university. it is not only medicine that has two degrees. Physics with electronics, maths with statistics etc. There are many instances where lecturers have embarrassed their students before other students so spare yourself that your rubbish epistle of being embarrassed by your senior colleagues. i no send medico students when i they school, i simply see them as any other student in the campus. If anybody dey trip for them na him/her sabi.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
wallex1983:

And join the league of those who cross the bridge and cart away †ђξ bridge

Now this made me laugh.

Permission to use this statement, you will be referenced. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Brush1: 12:42am On Aug 25, 2014
uken73: They won. Hope they can justify this jumbo pay by attending to patients properly. But some would still provide haphazard service and divert patients to their hospital.

A nasty experience in a public hospital
Some years ago I was at a teaching hospital for a common medical fitness test & certification. I got to the hospital at some minutes past 8am. First I queued for card retrieval and watched as nurses would go in and have their relations/friends cards retrieved earlier even when those friends had just arrived. Then queued for Blood Pressure test and assignment to consultant. By the time I was assigned to a doctor it was almost 11:30am. I now queued again to see the consultant. When I finally go in to meet the consultant, she said she doesn't handle fitness examination and referred me to another consultant. I went and joined another queue. On the queue I was able to see the consultant doctor when the door is opened. The doctor (male) was spending most of the time browsing on his laptop instead of attending to patients. And his queue was progressing very slowly. Just when I was next in line, he told the nurse assisting him that he won't attend to any other person. This was nearly 1pm. Can't remember, but I think it was said that they close by 1pm. We were told to come back another day. I refused to leave. Immediately the last patient left I stepped in and persuaded the doctor to attend to me that I'd been there since morning and was made to wait on the wrong queue. He insisted that he was done for the day and asked me to leave. I went back to the other doctor I was initially assigned to, she had stopped attending to people too, but when I explained my challenge and the fact that I had limited time to submit the fitness report, she attended to me. By the time I was done with the tests it was already past 3pm. My whole day was virtually spent in the hospital for just a fitness test.

While waiting I had also observed how nurses would scold an old man who was groaning in pains. This old man was old enough to have children who are much older than most of these nurses, but they don't seem to have any sympathy for the man just because they believe the man had waited too long before seeking medical attention. They would make comments like "Is it today that this problem started? Let us hear something, abeg"
You are entirely right, I identify with your experience.Nigeria doctors are very mean, my eldest brother inclusive. Truth be told.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Jummymine(f): 2:38am On Aug 25, 2014
a new consultant doesnt take home 530k,mim one! its about 120k less than that, predeductions!
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by ozo13(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2014
deletrue: Deserve what? Stealing? If you are doctor, mention any doctor you know, including yourself, who left their schools and went straight and esterblish his clinic etc without first of all working with the government own hospitals and steal down, infact as far as to hand gloves before starting theirs. Thereafter, they will call, appraise and describe themselves as occupying the exalted office, as if theves like them, doctors are an inch better than any other Nigerian.
see hate shocked.d guy said dey leave skol straight n establish dr clinic.some ppl even hitting like button for him.for ur information, open ya brain and digest it.a new graduate of MBBS must work within 2yrs of obtaining d mbbs as an intern in a govt hospital/teaching hospital or else DAT his MBBS certificate expires meaning he is goin to write anoda professional exam before he can b given anoda MBBS. Dats d fact.so wr did u get ya info from abt leaving skol n establishing dr clinic from .inferiority complex is worrying u chairman. If u feel threatened go n study d course and leave our doctors. Be proud of ya own profession

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Freelancer00: MuMu

You are a cretinous person!

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by niggereyez(f): 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
wallex1983:

Tell me they have paid their dues, I agree 100%. Every other point is not totally valid sir. Besides, I don't need to even be a doctor to get facts. Bros, if you are a registrar, you should know better. Except of cos if either you are a consultant already or abt to write part 2. And join the league of those who cross the bridge and cart away †ђξ bridge
u just put me off by calling me bros... like seriously u belong to the school of thought dat belives every doctor is a man and every nurse a female.... smh..
@ your post... clearly u hate consultants for reasons best known to you
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Freelancer00(m): 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!
Excuse me sir. Can u please explain further grin grin
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by wallex1983(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
niggereyez:
u just put me off by calling me bros... like seriously u belong to the school of thought dat belives every doctor is a man and every nurse a female.... smh..
@ your post... clearly u hate consultants for reasons best known to you

Housh!!
Sis I should have said, and the big sis for that matter. That was an oversight anyway. I'm not of that school like you presumed anyway. No personal grudge against you ma. Of cos my wife iڪ a doctor. Obviously not a man. As per my 'hate', I wouldn't choose the word hate if I were to describe. I don't hate consultants. I have a good number of them as close senior friends. I wouldn't know if you would agree with me that consultants (many of them) have failed in their responsibilities to protect and guide their 'trainees'. Even SRs. It iڪ well
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by niggereyez(f): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
wallex1983:

Housh!!
Sis I should have said, and the big sis for that matter. That was an oversight anyway. I'm not of that school like you presumed anyway. No personal grudge against you ma. Of cos my wife iڪ a doctor. Obviously not a man. As per my 'hate', I wouldn't choose the word hate if I were to describe. I don't hate consultants. I have a good number of them as close senior friends. I wouldn't know if you would agree with me that consultants (many of them) have failed in their responsibilities to protect and guide their 'trainees'. Even SRs. It iڪ well

u have a point shaa....
some tend to oppress the docs below them
they forget the aspect of the hypocrithic oath dat says... "My colleagues shall be my brothers" :'
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by wallex1983(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
niggereyez:

u have a point shaa....
some tend to oppress the docs below them
they forget the aspect of the hypocrithic oath dat says... "My colleagues shall be my brothers" :'

I'm glad
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Elythron16zero4: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
ozo13: see hate shocked.d guy said dey leave skol straight n establish dr clinic.some ppl even hitting like button for him.for ur information, open ya brain and digest it.a new graduate of MBBS must work within 2yrs of obtaining d mbbs as an intern in a govt hospital/teaching hospital or else DAT his MBBS certificate expires meaning he is goin to write anoda professional exam before he can b given anoda MBBS. Dats d fact.so wr did u get ya info from abt leaving skol n establishing dr clinic from .inferiority complex is worrying u chairman. If u feel threatened go n study d course and leave our doctors. Be proud of ya own profession
but they the doctors are equally threatened otherwise why will they kick against the title of consultant for other allied health workers. aren't they feeling intimidated?
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by datigbogirl: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
niggereyez:

Are u a doctor....

Tell him something abeg.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by lizzydel(f): 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
Elythron16zero4:
yes he knows because we took some courses together and i did better than him in all. Even in our days in the secondary school i was always ahead of him in class position. what more prove do you need?

cheers

I've always said that an average student can be a doctor. Studying medicine in Nigeria requires focus, diligence, hardwork and perseverance. And trust me, your brains alone cannot get you through
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by macAB: 4:29pm On May 01, 2021
[quote author=osi2345 post=25720975]Let's put sentiments and jealousy aside. I fell doctors and teachers shld b d highest paid. Dey deserve it.... my opinion.[/why u say that am an aero engineer and a simple mistake can kill over 200 people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Spots A Pregnant Mad Woman On The Road & Gets Shocked. Photos / Dr Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries With Her Medical Team In Cross River (Photos) / Suspected Coronavirus Victim Dies In Front Of Ogun Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.