Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139905 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
ogawisdom: I hope they pay their teachers in dollars too undecided

They rarely pay their teachers well

I heard Greenspring's teachers are treated as contract staff whose contract is renewed yearly.

I applied to Atlantic Hall at Epe about 2yrs ago and I heard they start with 40k - 50k per month for a graduate

But then, it is hearsay

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by raqueal(f): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Its all about networking. Btw, where is Regent schools in Abuja? Abuja diplomats and ministers send their kids there.Heard they pay as much as 8000 dollars. I believe American international school,Nigerian Turkish International school and Lead British International school all pay in dollars and are very expensive.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Scyllapatron: nigeria is a good place for business, because of the mentality of the people, all you need is good packaging and you will be piling millions.

pay 3million naira annually for secondary school ?? maybe because of one or two oyibo teachers, Air-conditioned class room, etc. PACKAGING!!!

Lol bless you. Nigerians are like teenagers. Always wanting to fit in to be cool.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MRLINGTON(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Don't say in Nigeria buh say in Lagos state
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
redcliff:

And how would you know that? Have you met any of them before?
Yeap, many of them. They speak polished English but can reason critically.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by anonimi: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
oliidell: Something tells me this list is faulty. All the schools u listed are in Lagos. There are equally expensive schools in other Nigerian cities and the FCT.

Simply shows you the VERY LIMITED world Nigerian view of the OP and most Lagosians/yorubas.
We are so myopic, it is such a terrible shame as it limits our development embarassed
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Shaakasi(f): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
AUN's secondary school in yola is the most expensive!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Maser: That school is not a British school. No British school will charge in Dollars. They're always proud of their good old Pound Sterling. That school is a real rip-off school floated by a Nigerian and then using the name "BRITISH" to extract cash from status hungry Nigerians and sadly, its working for them. They've made a fortune. It's quite easy to fool Nigerians. Just once in a while bring in some white skin fellas from England to come and address students to give Parents a sense of white networking and they'll happily fork out millions. A word of advise, A child who will be great will be great, regardless of these schools. It takes hardwork, devotion to the Child's academics on the part of parents and above all God. I attended same Uni abroad with some of those moneybag's kids and trust me, they ain't smarter than a hardworking guy from your street school. All boils down to individual.

Lekki British is owned by an old yoruba widow. I wonder what the British connection is asides perhaps the curriculum?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MarshRiley(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Ignorance vexed me, I'm tired of people using dangote as an example or excuse. Dangote was born to a very wealthy family, he's not your average Nigerian.

I didn't bring your family into it, I only replied your sarcastic/rhetorical question with fact
Abeg tell them,Dangote is not poor,you are not Dangote and don't compare this schools with the community schs around,a few of my friends that attended Nickdel and co are a step higher and they form clicks,which is important in life,hustle hard to send ur kids to one of ds

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
Bro., you are on point. But if you don't mind, kindly explain the benefits of these cliques to other Nigerians. To me, they are all bull shits. They are, in other words, evil and cult groups whose aims is to sideline others. Hold onto all the good things for every Nigerians. Allocate employments, award contracts to themselve etc. I will therefore, describe them as useless and will never earn my appraisal. These people can comfortably turn down any system.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mamanik(f): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.

Day Watermann I guess
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nicepoker(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
polymathic: You can't say they dnt study... They do and try meet one of 'em n see their level of intelligence, they're super smart kids.. I didn't av d privilege of attending tho, but I've met a few of 'em n they're smart..
smart as in their dressing or upstairs
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Even miriam babangida's school is also very good though.

I don't know what the fees are, but mere looking at the students, you'll know they are not your average nigerian.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ElFenomeno1: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
mamanik:

Day Watermann I guess

50 million people answered already and you still went ahead.... what is wrong with people?! undecided
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Nicepoker: smart as in their dressing or upstairs
Everything sire... Upstairs, downstairs, dressing, they're just superb kids
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bluemoon1: Like i always say to people, at the end of the day they'd probably end up in the same university. I know people that went to expensive secondary schools and still ended up in a federal school. I also know people who went to FGC and later attended MIT Massachusetts. Even if i had the money, i wouldn't spend that much on a secondary school. I'd rather enrol my child in a much cheaper private school and save the rest up for a prestigious university.

The federal universities rank as ivy league, technically.

The fact that students from all walks of life, both rich and poor, attend them, doesn't mean they aren't good.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
itstpia1: Even miriam babangida's school is also very good though.

I don't know what the fees are, but mere looking at the students, you'll know they are not your average nigerian.
El-Amin? Yeah in minna it had quite the reputation.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
MarshRiley:
Abeg tell them,Dangote is not poor,you are not Dangote and don't compare this schools with the community schs around,a few of my friends that attended Nickdel and co are a step higher and they form clicks,which is important in life,hustle hard to send ur kids to one of ds
True talk bro.... Hustle hard n send ur kids to one... *Gbam
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?
Very high level question.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
chamboy: ode, b consoling ursef
Inferiority complex is really dealing you a blow.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
But he just asked you a mere question, and you attacked him. He never reach such that level before. Why? There are others Nigerians whose children attended community grammar school without school fees and are doing very ok in live. Why attacking the man who asked you highly senseable question?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Highkey(f): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=HarrveySpecter]
Yeah, that's it. Thanks

It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.
[do
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer
haha, you are too exreme.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by garamah: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Attending the most expensive school does not make you brilliant, a brilliant person is brilliant irrespective of where he attended his/her school. In fact most of these expensive school students can't stand the community school students when you expose them to the same condition in the higher institutions of learning.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Yeah but you die first. Everybody must die someday, what matters is when.

My mum will still be alive long after you've died of poverty. Fact!!

I dey enjoy this two fighting.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: She will die a painful cold cancerous death that is all . You will be a witness to that
From the posts so far, you dey win the fight. Most post supports you because that dude is damn rude. Please, send more serious fires. Fire him down. We are with you. Sharp guy.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

I dont quite agree with you. Networking without sound education and moral upbringing cannot lead to success in life. Forming a clique of "rich kids" will not allow the children see realities of life. They will get lost in materialism because at that young age, all they will do is compete amongst themselves to know who is richer. I went to a school where there were super rich kids and some not-so-privileged kids, and it helped me appreciate life better...jst my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?
lolz, GEJ nko?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by elsholz(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.
Day water man college
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by deletrue: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:

story! did GEJ studied in such school?
did akpabio studied in such school?
did arthur eze,adenuga and their likes studied in such school?
the answer is no.
when God decides to lift u,ur place of study is insignificant my bro
thank you

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by TCann(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly? We only know that the ones listed in Nigeria are "expensive" . We do not have any information that they are anything like Eton.It does not seem logical to draw such a conclusion based on costWe do not know that the British Experience with "schools like this " is transferable to NigeriaDoes Boris Johnson speak Five Languages?What sport does George Osborne "excel" at?Nigerians have attended Eton too, I vaguely remember a guy called Dilibe Onyeama attending Eton but am not aware of any political achievements. There is no doubt that people from privileged backgrounds in general achieve more tha those without but there is no evidence it has to do with schools attended,.Other studies will show similar correlation with where they spent their chidhood i.e , grew up. In other words regardless of which school you attend you have a better chance if you grow up in Ikoyi than Mushin or Oshodi but you are more likely to grow up in Ikoyi if you are rich . So we cannot draw the conclusion that there is any intrinsic achievement trait related to growing up in Ikoyi but there are benefits.All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent. eg having a piano at home etc. In reality the best musicians,footballers etc do not have any of those thngs e.g Pele,Maradona, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jordan etc. Some of the greatest achievers attended very ordinary schools.Many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian ways. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.But education is not all book knowledge, even poverty has its own curriculum mostly about human nature and interpersonal skills.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by TCann(m): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
TCann: iwonbaoko: First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly? We only know that the ones listed in Nigeria are "expensive" . We do not have any information that they are anything like Eton.It does not seem logical to draw such a conclusion based on costWe do not know that the British Experience with "schools like this " is transferable to NigeriaDoes Boris Johnson speak Five Languages?What sport does George Osborne "excel" at?Nigerians have attended Eton too, I vaguely remember a guy called Dilibe Onyeama attending Eton but am not aware of any political achievements. There is no doubt that people from privileged backgrounds in general achieve more tha those without but there is no evidence it has to do with schools attended,.Other studies will show similar correlation with where they spent their chidhood i.e , grew up. In other words regardless of which school you attend you have a better chance if you grow up in Ikoyi than Mushin or Oshodi but you are more likely to grow up in Ikoyi if you are rich . So we cannot draw the conclusion that there is any intrinsic achievement trait related to growing up in Ikoyi but there are benefits.All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent. eg having a piano at home etc. In reality the best musicians,footballers etc do not have any of those thngs e.g Pele,Maradona, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jordan etc. Some of the greatest achievers attended very ordinary schools.Many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian ways. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.But education is not all book knowledge, even poverty has its own curriculum mostly about human nature and interpersonal skills.

Iwonbaoko, you too make sense. Wont mind having you on board as a strategist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.