Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139891 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kzinne: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
hausadreturn: your point?
Fine, i attended a street school but yet i can access d internet, & still comment on issues on nairaland. Even if i didnt scale through other things with flying colours, this alone is a plus.
>
u just didnt comprehend well enough. Go & make some researches on some academic competitions held in Nigeria...these schools are not always there as winners - that is what i meant - lobatan
good u realised u attended a street school cos its very clear. most of the peeps here are either not schooled at all or attended jakande schools. they also bribed their way into university and think they're educated.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by isacolukay(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:
Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life.

Boss, much as I agree with your points, I beg to disagree with the bolded.
You could say the possibility of them turning to street urchins is lower due to environmental influence, but sincerely many of them end up on the payroll of thugs in an attempt to enjoy the street life they never had.

In short, thuggin' is an innate character that affluence cannot take from u. Even Harvard, MIT, Oxford and other Ivy League schools still have their fair share of miscreants. Afterall, u can take a man out of the streets, but u can't take the streets out of a man.

19 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by iluvweed(m): 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
Too many poor people on NL...haba! If you are making over 20m per annum, what stops you from sending your kids to these schools? Except you hate your kids or you are one stingy mwaphucker! As for me I love my kids and I will send them to the BEST school in naija for reliable and Ebola free education, LOL.

I just can't imagine a bus conductor toasting my daughter haha!

16 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
WORD!!!

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Natasha2(f): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
May God bless the works of our hands, so we can be able to provide the very best for our kidscheesy

11 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
Theres an element of truth in this.

9 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
remsonik:
That was too harsh and pls quit displaying your ignorance here. Who told you quality education is the only key to being successful. Its about your passion,dreams,goals,working with what you have to get to where you wanna be. Some of the worlds richest people today attributed their success to their dreams and going out all the way to achieve them. If his parents can't afford luxury doesn't mean he won't achieve his dreams through hard work and determination.
Yea those schools are good cos of the clique and the connections they give you,but all that is just a plus and an added accolade to your dreams and hardwork. A child can still attend those schools and not have a dream that's has big as his fathers. It goes beyond going to an expensive school and using your father's connection to get a well paying job or start a business!!!

To be honest, I was reluctant to reply you.

You're replying to something I never said, so I don't know how to give an appropriate response. My point are clear cut, don't twist, add or substract from it. Since education isn't the only key to being successful, I suggest you don't send your kids to school at all or maybe send them to rubbish schools.

You guys should quit trying to put down these schools, quality speaks for itself. The fact not all kids of such schools eventually go on to succeed, doesn't mean most wont succeed. A school can only equip you with the necessary tools, what you make of those tools determines where you end up.

13 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kropelgrada(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kzinne: the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing
I rep FGCEnugu my alma-mater!

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kropelgrada(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:
To be honest, I was reluctant to reply you.
You're replying to something I never said, so I don't know how to give an appropriate response. My point are clear cut, don't twist, add or substract from it. Since education isn't the only key to being successful, I suggest you don't send your kids to school at all or maybe send them to rubbish schools.
You guys should quit trying to put down these schools, quality speaks for itself. The fact not all kids of such schools eventually go on to succeed, doesn't mean most wont succeed. A school can only equip you with the necessary tools, what you make of those tools determines where you end up.
Shut the bleep up....which one you go sef?
must you insult some one to get your points across
Who else thinks this guy sounds gay?

23 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Symphony007: 12:06am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

exactly...schools like this have a curriculum dropped out of heaven. They teach their students over 5 foreign languages with special tutors and ear sets, and make sure each student must excel in one sports. Indeed schools like this groom great men who help each other. Example. Eton college, windsor, england. Produced over 6 british prime minister, foreign secretaries, diplomats, currently, david cameron, u.k prime minister, george osborne, chancellor of the exchequer, boris johnson, mayor of london are all old ethonians.

8 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by NickiRoman: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2014
SMH...

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 24, 2014
Symphony007: exactly...schools like this have a curriculum dropped out of heaven. They teach their students over 5 foreign languages with special tutors and ear sets, and make sure each student must excel in one sports. Indeed schools like this groom great men who help each other. Example. Eton college, windsor, england. Produced over 6 british prime minister, foreign secretaries, diplomats, currently, david cameron, u.k prime minister, george osborne, chancellor of the exchequer, boris johnson, mayor of london are all old ethonians.
First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly?
We only know that the ones listed in Nigeria are "expensive" .
We do not have any information that they are anything like Eton.
It does not seem logical to draw such a conclusion based on cost
We do not know that the British Experience with "schools like this " is transferable to Nigeria
Does Boris Johnson speak Five Languages?
What sport does George Osborne "excel" at?
Nigerians have attended Eton too, I vaguely remember a guy called Dilibe Onyeama attending Eton but am not aware of any political achievements. There is no doubt that people from privileged backgrounds in general achieve more tha those without but there is no evidence it has to do with schools attended,.Other studies will show similar correlation with where they spent their chidhood i.e , grew up. In other words regardless
of which school you attend you have a better chance if you grow up in Ikoyi than Mushin or Oshodi but you are more likely to grow up in Ikoyi if you are rich . So we cannot draw the conclusion that there is any intrinsic achievement trait related to growing up in Ikoyi but there are benefits.

All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent. eg having a piano at home etc. In reality the best musicians,footballers etc do not have any of those thngs e.g Pele,Maradona, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jordan etc. Some of the greatest achievers attended very ordinary schools.
Many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian ways. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.
But education is not all book knowledge, even poverty has its own curriculum mostly about human nature and interpersonal skills.

39 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Desola(f): 1:00am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly?
We only know that the ones listed in Nigeria "expensive" .
We do not know that the British Experience with "schools like this " is transferable to Nigeria
Nigerians have attended Eton too, I vaguely remember a guy called Dilibe Onyeama attending Eton but am not aware of any political achievements. There is no doubt that people from privileged backgrounds in general achieve more tha those without but there is no evidence it has to do with schools attended,.Other studies will show similar correlation with where they spent their chidhood i.e , grew up. In other words regardless
of which school you attend you have a better chance if you grow up in Ikoyi than Mushin or Oshodi but you are more likely to grow up in Ikoyi if you are rich . So we cannot draw the conclusion that there is any intrinsic achievement trait related to growing up in Ikoyi but there are benefits.

All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent but many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian wayss. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.

I feel privileged that I follow you.

12 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2014
Desola:

I feel privileged that I follow you.

lol na Omo Iya l'amala school we go oo no hedifon or saxofonu

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Loool look at your role models, Jonathan, akpabio,... Clueless mofos who are only products of Nigerian's shambolic education, people who don't merit the positions they occupy.

These fu*cktards you mentioned were incubated in shambolic schools & it's evident today, their cluelessness is further impoverishing Nigerians.

Adenuga studied in the US at some point, & I guarantee you his kids are in some the best schools because he recognises the benefit of quality education.

Quit trying to fault these schools, & work hard so you can afford to send your kids there. The quality is better, people know that, Parents who send their kids there are not fools.

Adenuga went to the best of schools but couldn't even manage glo, which he acquired through corrupt political means, same goes to the oil thief he is.
Kettle calling pot black
Guy, quit this line of argument.

11 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 24, 2014
You should consider Hillcrest School in Jos. The accommodation is around N1.2m annually besides the roughly $10,000 tuition fees

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 2:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Symphony007: exactly...schools like this have a curriculum dropped out of heaven. They teach their students over 5 foreign languages with special tutors and ear sets, and make sure each student must excel in one sports. Indeed schools like this groom great men who help each other. Example. Eton college, windsor, england. Produced over 6 british prime minister, foreign secretaries, diplomats, currently, david cameron, u.k prime minister, george osborne, chancellor of the exchequer, boris johnson, mayor of london are all old ethonians.
dont forget - Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 24, 2014
what about ojuiku

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 2:05am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: what about ojuiku
Ex Etonian
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 24, 2014
hausadreturn: Ex Etonian
Yea but what about him?? compared to Obasanjo or the Black Scorpion or Abacha. What did he achieve that his peers who did not go to Eton did not achieve.

I am not aware that he went to Eton by the way

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by pussyeater(m): 2:33am On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz: I went to a very local school but they are month better than me.
Exactly... See english, month better than u??.? Local school indeed u attended* I SMH for u!

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by denzel2009: 4:03am On Aug 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:

story! did GEJ studied in such school?
did akpabio studied in such school?
did arthur eze,adenuga and their likes studied in such school?
the answer is no.
when God decides to lift u,ur place of study is insignificant my bro

That school is for people like you bro.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by hausadreturn(m): 6:09am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Yea but what about him?? compared to Obasanjo or the Black Scorpion or Abacha. What did he achieve that his peers who did not go to Eton did not achieve.

I am not aware that he went to Eton by the way
He was at d helm at a certain time or point in his life - age 33. You dont get to that kind of stage at 33 in present day Nigeria - very tight. Most people in that bracket are still unsure about their future.
>
He mustnt have been like Hitler before we'll scream that he achieved - or u dont think! I'm not particularly sure about black scorpion's achievements - his name shouldnt be on d list.
And yes he went there - transferred from Kc.

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: First of all "schools like this" what kind of school are these schools listed. Exactly?

All that business of Curriculum from heaven and ear sets is just razzmatazz. The best part of education takes place in the home. and once again that is related to money and amenities to some extent. eg having a piano at home etc. In reality the best musicians,footballers etc do not have any of those thngs e.g Pele,Maradona, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jordan etc. Some of the greatest achievers attended very ordinary schools.
Many schools charge a lot of money in Nigeria today and do not really offer value for money compared to schools of the 70s. Any parent who believes that paying the bills guarantees quality education is mistaken. They need to keep their eyes firmly on the product and ensure that the child has the right attitude and does not pick up wrong attitudes. To my mind these schools offer some value to those Nigerians who live abroad and wish to expose their children to Nigerian ways. If you live iin Nigeria and have that kind of money you are probably better off sending your children abroad.
But education is not all book knowledge, even poverty has its own curriculum mostly about human nature and interpersonal skills.

I feel like I owe you a bottle of Andrea Rose wine.

6 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by lovinam: 6:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Do you have a child in secondary school?

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MaGenT77: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2014
holar2ge: i dont tink ve heard of it before
Daywaterman college students pay 4.2-4.4m the school is before Abeokuta (inward right side of the road) owned by former gtb boss now dead tho.

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by MaGenT77: 7:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Shadodempn: You should consider Hillcrest School in Jos. The accommodation is around N1.2m annually besides the roughly $10,000 tuition fees
Hill rest total is still 2.2-2.4m---day waterman college in Abeokuta and AIS/BIS are still the highest>4m
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2014
pussyeater:
Exactly... See english, month better than u??.? Local school indeed u attended* I SMH for u!
Thanks. I hope you don't make mistakes.

6 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by joeblack62: 7:25am On Aug 24, 2014
When a poor man can't afford something, him go talk say ' at least, i better pass them'. You should quit trying to fault this schools, though they are expensive but if i have that amount of money to spend on my kids tomorrow then why not. Let us face reality pls cos Poor man no dey always wan gree say he dey suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2014
Dont really knw how much my pmann normally pay but its above 4million. DAY WATERMANN abeokuta ogun state dem no put am 4 here na. na only lagos schools full here.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by bukatyne(f): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2014
While I understand the logic behind sending my kids to these schools, I doubt I will.

I would rather send them abroad if I want them to be taught with 'foreign' curriculum because Nigerians have a way of pricing things above their worth and we also like to overpay for stuffs.

Most kids there are for networking and boosting their parents' ego and cannot stand their counterparts in equally good but less pricey schools.

It is just like Hosiptals; you pay as much as 1.5m just to birth a baby. Another hosiptal takes 50k; another takes 100k all doing the same thing.

Paying hefty tuition fees in private universities makes more sense because of cultism and strike than paying heftier tuition fees in secondary schools when there are cheaper schools that can match and surpass their quality. Considering the fact that I am not a politican, I must get value for every naira spent

I would rather my kids make names for themselves apart from the schools they went or hosiptals they were birthed.

23 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by musaibnabdul(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2014
There is only one secondary school in Nigeria, Command schools.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.