Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,951 members, 7,821,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139948 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by patrickmuf(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
Two sides to every coin, once you understand this concept you'll ease through life... Focus on the positives whilst checkmating the negatives.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
polymathic: Like Jesuit Loyola, Abj
loyala is not expensive enough to make the list.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by upko: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: That used to be the case many years ago.I don't know if it still is. But those schools were elite schools and not available for the common man besides how many are they compared to demand
[size=40]That is still the case. Competitions in these schools are very stiff, you have to be at your best to survive, once you fail twice, you are OUT of the school.[/size]
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2014
geophyscist: 50calibre i am very sure that you are not richer than me.i dont like boasting with people wealth but my father is a chieftain in pdp and i am schooling in a federal university where they pay as low as 30000 naira.my father often say that education is necessary but not compulsory to determine your success in life.

Politics money is not the kind of money being discussed here.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Malakh: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2014
Not many nobles are called....Most high don't care about your edumacation or is it indoctrination, I'm glad I'm a babe in worldly knowledge but like Solomon said the excellency of knowledge is that Wisdom give life to them that have it, where is Einstein, Darwin, so called intellects gonna end up, you guessed right, the wisdom of this world is foolishness to Him, you guys are so clueless as to what success is... Woe to them that lean on intellectual horses... Success doesn't equate to money.. Those supposed success is gonna be short-lived.... A sword is upon their treasures... Go figure that out

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by abbeywasc(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
i guess student frm ds schools dnt go to university in naija. dts when we wud av sewn hw well dey can compete wt d ajepakos. but if u can pay dt amount as tuition in secondary, dn d likes of UI, OAU, UNILORIN even babcock and co are way beneath ur standard. its UK or US.

wish dey cud school here though, let dem justify d fee by bestin d ajepakoz
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Desola(f): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Ojukwu did not attend Eton.The issue of his achievements at least from an educational perspective is debatable compared to his peers. Gowon was Younger or similar age and arguably achieved more. I don't see how we can attribute any of "Ojukwu's achievements" to the schools he attended. He is noted for his military career and the events that went with that.
I think we really need to distinguish between correlation and causation. To say schools ; schools determines your class in the society is to miss the point.
Pause for a minute and substitute the word school for church. Now visit some of the churches attended by the rich and then say the "church you attend "determines your class in the society" others would argue it is the other way round . I guest most people would see the absurdity (maybe not) in claiming that God answers those who attend a certain church more than others. Again if we extend this to Muslims and Christians we may observe some patterns but to then claim such and such is happening because you are Muslim or Christian is equally absurd.
Many factors are involved. When I was a kid if your parents were top teachers/lecturers you tended to do much better even if they were not wealthy and you went to ordinary schools so to my mind social background is the more important determinant. Parents who spend more time personally educating their kids get more out of them and by educating I also refer to professional training e.g football,boxing music ad other things like interpersonal skills,etiquette etc. Money cannot by attitude Just imagine that animal on this thread who goes around insulting people. One can deduce the quality of parenting he had just by observing that and no amount of money can change that
Speaking several languages is more likely if you live in different places than if you attend posh schools. I am not sure that Ojukwu travelled around the world. He spoke Nigerian languages by virtue of travelling around Nigeria. You will find this is a common trait of police,Customs and military children from poorer backgrounds than Ojukwu's simply because of moving around. Most people in the North speak Hausa and if you are a southerner that is two already at least. On the other hand I know several Yoruba kids in Lagos attending these schools who cannot read or write in Yoruba .

See schooling!!

Opolo ti poju!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
malakh

Stop hating, geez.

Envy is getting you nowhere.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz: I went to a very local school but they are not better than me.
ode, b consoling ursef
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Maser: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2014
That school is not a British school. No British school will charge in Dollars. They're always proud of their good old Pound Sterling. That school is a real rip-off school floated by a Nigerian and then using the name "BRITISH" to extract cash from status hungry Nigerians and sadly, its working for them. They've made a fortune. It's quite easy to fool Nigerians. Just once in a while bring in some white skin fellas from England to come and address students to give Parents a sense of white networking and they'll happily fork out millions. A word of advise, A child who will be great will be great, regardless of these schools. It takes hardwork, devotion to the Child's academics on the part of parents and above all God. I attended same Uni abroad with some of those moneybag's kids and trust me, they ain't smarter than a hardworking guy from your street school. All boils down to individual.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by femtan: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.
. That's Daywaterman
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer
rid yourself of poverty and frustration. 50calibre is right, stop limiting yourself. Whatever rubbish you say online will not affect the reality 50calibre lives in.

Some of those schools might spoil and over pamper but some are for gifted or talented kids. In secondary school my average was 65 and I was classified among the best. My younger sister attended pnhs in ugbekun Benin city, her average was 82 and she was no where near the top of the class. She said even in Loyola Jesuit abuja she can't even brag with 82 average because she's 2 points from failing.

Make money and give your kids the best. Stop thinking you are right and 50calibre is speaking jargon because clearly his intellect is superior to yours.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
Yeah, that's it. Thanks

It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.
Thank U
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by elari(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?
. . . poverty mentality
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2014
I
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
Dangote's Father sef no b Rich Man na Wealthy Man.... no mind d fool he beta wakes up
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by geophyscist: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Yeah but you die first. Everybody must die someday, what matters is when.

My mum will still be alive long after you've died of poverty. Fact!!

calibre am waiting for you bastard to tell me how much you have, you are intimidating people online i want to meet you one on one and know how much you have.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
elari: . . . poverty mentality

Ah ahn
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Archildao: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
Why Refare To His Parents Over A Mere Post?He Was Just Being Sarcastic!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
blink182: rid yourself of poverty and frustration. 50calibre is right, stop limiting yourself. Whatever rubbish you say online will not affect the reality 50calibre lives in.

Some of those schools might spoil and over pamper but some are for gifted or talented kids. In secondary school my average was 65 and I was classified among the best. My younger sister attended pnhs in ugbekun Benin city, her average was 82 and she was no where near the top of the class. She said even in Loyola Jesuit abuja she can't even brag with 82 average because she's 2 points from failing.

Make money and give your kids the best. Stop thinking you are right and 50calibre is speaking jargon because clearly his intellect is superior to yours.
I really have no interest in you or your family biography.It is totally irrelevant to me. Why are you telling me about you and your sister Why should I care?
If you think it is that interesting write a book and publish it. I guess your 50 calibre Id is now looking after his dying mother and you have chosen to change face.Naff off!!

8 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Lol better than dying of poverty.

guy just no abuse d Broke Bleep
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
kel4soft: Lifefort, Ibadan pays 1.2million naira
a friend did his A level there. Amazing school.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:

is he telling u that he is poor?
or u feel he is poor for asking pertinent question.
we nigerians nay africa loves following the negative crowd.ffk that went to all the best schools,is he better than his peers that didnt ?
Pls mention his peeps that didn't that are better off him
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by sorom4: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Ignorance vexed me, I'm tired of people using dangote as an example or excuse. Dangote was born to a very wealthy family, he's not your average Nigerian.

I didn't bring your family into it, I only replied your sarcastic/rhetorical question with fact
You got it too far, bro
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2014
doofanc:

Quality education for 2m At secondary school level?? Are you okay at all? Its more of show off, IMO

There very high quality schools that will offer such quality education at about a third of that amount
mention just one institution that does that. The problem with people like you is that you haven't experienced the good life first hand and really can't comprehend what the people in it enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2014
geophyscist: calibre am waiting for you bastard to tell me how much you have, you are intimidating people online i want to meet you one on one and know how much you have.
it's not about how much u have, it's about how rich ur Mentality is.. u can have lot of money n still have that poverty mentality

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Justeenaleo(f): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2014
1stola:
wow!
did I see a nipple popping out
Did you?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by chamboy(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2014
blink182: mention just one institution that does that. The problem with people like you is that you haven't experienced the good life first hand and really can't comprehend what the people in it enjoy.
am waiting for him to mention with Exposure and good Network for third of 2m.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Kruzilano(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2014
I rep Mushin boys we paid as low as N50 per term....Beat that!!!! WE THE BEST!

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kabba7(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2014
upko: undecided [size=60]Crap!!!! Take your child/ward to any AirForce Secondary School.....Your child still gets a far better standard education and the network....Plus your child would end up being street smart and book smart.[/size]

And poo in his / her.pants at the sound of boko haram approching 5 miles off
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2014
wandeay: Those asking about Dangote's school should answer the question themselves. We can't compare those days with this, and am very sure if Dangote does not attend schools like these during his time, probably, one of his children or grandchildren will be in one of the expensive schools either in Nigeria or abroad.

I don't see anything wrong in those prices, some of them are foreign schools, they measure the fees according to their (British or American) educational standard, living condition, and currency. The price tag does not determine brilliance, but shows the type of class you belong in the society. These schools are reserved for foreign workers and the thickly rich in the society. We don't need to criticize them or make reference to people like Dangote et al.
those talking about Dangote are just ignorant. There's two types of education-formal and informal. These schools only cover formal training, Dangote was born into a home where his informal training encompasses what people learn in business school. He is a very peculiar case and I don't know how many people can really fail with the sort of connection he has, N75m injected into their thriving business in 1972. People should be reasonable.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Bakersfield: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2014
upko: undecided [size=60]Crap!!!! Take your child/ward to any AirForce Secondary School.....Your child still gets a far better standard education and the network....Plus your child would end up being street smart and book smart.[/size]

Good submission. The bottom line is being street smart and book smart. Governor Rotimi Ameachi of Rivers State is a vivid example. Forget Ajebutter levels. Scrapppppppppp
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: I really have no interest in you or your family biography.It is totally irrelevant to me. Why are you telling me about you and your sister Why should I care?
If you think it is that interesting write a book and publish it. I guess your 50 calibre Id is now looking after his dying mother and you have chosen to change face.Naff off!!
inspector mumu, get a life. If you have any brain in you, you will try profile this handle and profile 50 calibre 's before drawing your ignorant conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.