Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. (54219 Views)

Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / 10 Facts About The Titanic That You Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Dannyxy(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
in comparison to our present day, if someone should tell me that even God cannot make his car have an accident, as a child of God I will run, I will never enter such car...

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Waspy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
IMHO Titanic is still a better love story than Twilight
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by benkings(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Okoberry:

God Himself sank it to prove that He is God.
u mean god is not a loving god..how can a loving god choose to sink a ship just show he is god when he can simply wipe out poverty to ptove he is god.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Glaxx(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
THE SADDEST, MOST TOUCHING MOVIE I EVER WATCHED[quote][/quote]
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by VantagePoint: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
JustCare: Anytime I remember this incident of April 12 1912 I feel a sudden sense of calm overwhelming me...something that really makes my soul sobber.
"Remember"?
Were you there, dude?

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by alobam1: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
So funny that as at that time in 1912 when Europe and America where making their mistakes and co-correcting themselves.Building ships as mighty as the Titanic,Africa was still in the very very Dark ages..Leaves me with that question,Are we Black Africans made by God or we just came out of no-where..I cant seem to comprehend at all
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by princebergz(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020: When I remember Titanic , I see how Great God can be.. He is ǻƪƪ and ǻƪƪ ..the Owner tried God and God really show him Who He is.

my issue with your post
1. How great God can be?? crap! God is great beyond reason... He created EVERYTHING
2. The owner tried God and God showed him? by killing over 1400 people including innocent children abi?

oga o

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
princebergz:

my issue with your post
1. How great God can be?? crap! God is great beyond reason... He created EVERYTHING
2. The owner tried God and God showed him? by killing over 1400 people including innocent children abi?

oga o
There is nothing crappy about my post...
They were so unfortunate to have boarded that ship! One nids to be strong in prayers! Things beyond our comprehension happen everyday!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Ela59: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
The Engineer said God can't sink the ship, but when there was a failure, he said, the mighty building you are seeing today Will be at the bottom of the sea in the next 24hrs. What a great senario!!!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
let me requote u
freshness2020:
No, ♈όϋ need spiritual comprehension to understand some certain things in our lives!
At the Launch of Titanic on May 31 in 1911..
When he was asked by a Journalist concerning the ship.
Look at what he said "not even God can sink it"
that is God for ♈όϋ ..it was so unfortunate some precious lives had to go with it..

i didnt blame God..its y'all who did..How do u knw if it was the work of the devil or God? hw were u even sure that statement was made?
Was the opinion of the journalist the opinion of everyone on that ship?if one person on nairaland was a sinner, would God kill all of us because of that person? Remember when Abraham was praying for the people living in sodom and Gommorah..And God said he would spare the town if he could find at least 10 people who were clean and sinless. If he could do that, why wont he do for the titanic ship..Its u who lack spiritual understanding and not me...stop blackmailing people spritually by depicting tragedy as the work of God..God doesnt bring evil or bad deeds to one..I am not a churchy but i think i m better in reasoning than most of u
do u know there r other theories of the sinking of the titanic? besides the fact that i live in the town the ship sailed from (southampton), do u knw that most of the town peeps dont believe it was an iceberg that sank the ship?do ur research..u ll never hear this sort of thing in the media
And lastly be more open minded
http://www.rmstitanicremembered.com/?page_id=283
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_conspiracy_theory.shtml
http://www.omgfacts.com/Interesting/There-s-a-conspiracy-theory-that-the-Tit/54649

freshness2020:
There's nothing wrong with our Christians! Is just ♈όϋ. ♈όϋ need spiritual understanding!
♈όϋ wanna mock him?

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Haywhymido(m): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dannyxy: in comparison to our present day, if someone should tell me that even God cannot make his car have an accident, as a child of God I will run, I will never enter such car...
n wot if u r nt dia when dat someone said dat, does dat mean u shd suffer 4rm such fate because of his speech?? I sure nt everyone on dat ship heard him say dat.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by OmoIyaMero: 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
For those claiming God sank the ship cos of what Mr. Ismay said, my question is why didn't he (mr. Ismay) die in the ship wreck?
Olorun ki I se ibi.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Ela59: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzoexcel: let me requote u

i didnt blame God..its y'all who did..How do u knw if it was the work of the devil or God? hw were u even sure that statement was made?
Was the opinion of the journalist the opinion of everyone on that ship?if one person on nairaland was a sinner, would God kill all of us because of that person? Remember when Abraham was praying for the people living in sodom and Gommorah..And God said he would spare the town if he could find at least 10 people who were clean and sinless. If he could do that, why wont he do for the titanic ship..Its u who lack spiritual understanding and not me...stop blackmailing people spritually by depicting tragedy as the work of God..God doesnt bring evil or bad deeds to one..I am not a churchy but i think i m better in reasoning than most of u
do u know there r other theories of the sinking of the titanic? besides the fact that i live in the town the ship sailed from (southampton), do u knw that most of the town peeps dont believe it was an iceberg that sank the ship?do ur research..u ll never hear this sort of thing in the media
And lastly be more open minded
http://www.rmstitanicremembered.com/?page_id=283
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_conspiracy_theory.shtml
http://www.omgfacts.com/Interesting/There-s-a-conspiracy-theory-that-the-Tit/54649

That statement was made by the Engineer, because of there precautions and safety rule they attched.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Ela59: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
OmoIyaMero: For those claiming God sank the ship cos of what Mr. Ismay said, my question is why didn't he (mr. Ismay) die in the ship wreck?
Olorun ki I se ibi.
For him to see the crime he commited.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Waspy: IMHO Titanic is still a better love story than Twilight
Of course it is, Twilight is boring in comparison.

@topic Titanic 'the unsinkable', sometimes i wish the passengers were like Etheridge Knight's Shine. May the dead RIP.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by benkings(m): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020:
There's nothing wrong with our Christians! Is just ♈όϋ. ♈όϋ need spiritual understanding!
♈όϋ wanna mock him?
why will God allow the speech of a mere mortal get to him so much that he decided to sink the ship killing almost everybody on board, this ur reasoning is so unreasonable!
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
It really annoys me the way people just hear one sided conspiracy that suits a part that will be used with the control dogma.. The rubbish o f them mentioning God is not true . There are so many conspiracies to that story. But I tell u that story is not true. Stop limiting your brains.. I pray a bigger and better one gets built in the future
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
do ur research properly as this is the misconception we seem to have. the quotation was made in the movie titanic.

"God himself could not sink this ship!" This quotation, made famous by Cameron's film, is reputed to have been the answer given by a deck hand when asked if Titanic was really unsinkable.
It seems incredible to us today that anyone could believe that 70,000 tonnes of steel could be unsinkable, but that was exactly what people in 1912 believed. The information on this page will seek to look at some of the reasons why people at the time had that belief.

The shipbuilders Harland and Wolff insist that the Titanic was never advertised as an unsinkable ship. They claim that the 'unsinkable' myth was the result of people's interpretations of articles in the Irish News and the Shipbuilder magazine. They also claim that the myth grew after the disaster.

Ela59: That statement was made by the Engineer, because of there precautions and safety rule they attched.

http://www.historyonthenet.com/titanic/unsinkable.htm
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sugaarbear(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
Romanticboy1: God didn't really sink the ship....
when that journalist made that remark,.he indirectly meant that they don't need God's protection or grace...its like telling God to step aside...that they are fine without him...and that prompted The devil to quickly make his move to cause that iceberg and ensured the ship hit it..
The moral of it all is-Never underrate God...we need the Grace of God,,cos without him,we're nothing....and the day yu reject God in your life....you have just welcomed the devil for a permanent stay...
one catoon of of beer for you bros
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by uzoexcel(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
lol...i dnt really v any opinion on the conspiracy theory but the fact that xtians here say God sank the ship to show his might is quite appalling and baffling and quite illogical to me...sometimes i get tired of nairaland sad
iamord: It really annoys me the way people just hear one sided conspiracy that suits a part that will be used with the control dogma.. The rubbish o f them mentioning God is not true . There are so many conspiracies to that story. But I tell u that story is not true. Stop limiting your brains.. I pray a bigger and better one gets built in the future
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
benkings: why will God allow the speech of a mere mortal get to him so much that he decided to sink the ship killing almost everybody on board, this ur reasoning is so unreasonable!
The ways of God are not the ways of man..
God don't see things the way we do.
The wisest of man is the foolishness of God!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by Ela59: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzoexcel: do ur research properly as this is the misconception we seem to have. the quotation was made in the movie titanic.

"God himself could not sink this ship!" This quotation, made famous by Cameron's film, is reputed to have been the answer given by a deck hand when asked if Titanic was really unsinkable.
It seems incredible to us today that anyone could believe that 70,000 tonnes of steel could be unsinkable, but that was exactly what people in 1912 believed. The information on this page will seek to look at some of the reasons why people at the time had that belief.

The shipbuilders Harland and Wolff insist that the Titanic was never advertised as an unsinkable ship. They claim that the 'unsinkable' myth was the result of people's interpretations of articles in the Irish News and the Shipbuilder magazine. They also claim that the myth grew after the disaster.

http://www.historyonthenet.com/titanic/unsinkable.htm
The misconception was frm the movie. You are right.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzoexcel: lol...i dnt really v any opinion on the conspiracy theory but the fact that xtians here say God sank the ship to show his might is quite appalling and baffling and quite illogical to me...sometimes i get tired of nairaland sad

So true..another anoyying this is that a lot of them are talking what they don't know cos of taking up invalid points from messaging broadcasts, and lame sites that carry on fallacy. Can't people see all this talk is a brainwash tatics.. Nobody is dis respecting God , but we should all know that there is almost no limit to how far we can go.. We have even built more greater machines than that . A lot of clerics like to use the bs to back up their claim and dogma

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by macklef(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ishilove:
Wrong. Jack Dawson is a fictitious character, and the J.Dawson who died on the ship was a crew member (fire stoker/coal loader) named Joseph Dawson. While Dawson was indeed an irishman, he was a carpenter, not a painter as depicted in the movie, and he had no romantic affiliation on the ship. His girlfriend was Nellie Priest who was thousands of miles away in a small town somewhere in the UK.
So, apparently the whole love scene was a fiction right?
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by benkings(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
freshness2020:
The ways of God are not the ways of man..
God don't see things the way we do.
The wisest of man is the foolishness of God!
you are very annoying with this ur nonsense thought of how God works!

1 Like

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimoz: All That money sank by that useless iceberg.

Don't talk dat way, according to d movie, a man tested God's power say not even God can sink the Titanic ship due to how big it is then God showed him how powerful he is... doh innocents suffers d consequence.
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by HAkorehdeh(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Just imagine those people built the ship 102 years ago... Nigeria, i pray!
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by freshness2020: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
benkings: you are very annoying with this ur nonsense thought of how God works!
These two verses will give ♈όϋ better understanding
1 Corinthians 1:25
1 Corinthians 3:19
God bleSs ♈όϋ !
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by iamord(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Found out someone actually said that .. But read below what I call an intellect respond to the titanic issue.. Doomsday preachers tend to capitalize on negatives to validate their Views and points, the haiti earthquake and this ebola is a good example.. Blamed on the wrong thing,

Larry R answered 6 years ago
A) RMS Titanic was owned by the
White Star Line, which itself was
owned by International Merchan
Marine, an Anglo-American
Conglomerate, which was in turn
largely owned by J.P.Morgan.
Bottom line...you got the name
wrong.
B) RMS Titanic sank at 2:20AM (local
time) April 15, 1912. There was NO
"worldwide Raido" in 1912.
Bottom line...you got ANOTHER fact
wrong.
C) The correct quote is "God Himself
could not sink this ship", not ,"Not
even God can sink this ship" . The
quote actually comes a chapter in
Walter Lord's book A NIGHT TO
REMEMBER. According to Lord, the
line goes back, not to the President of
the White Star Line, but to an article
in SHIPBUILDER magazine, which was
picked up and used in other
publications.
http://www.snopes.com/history/
titanic/un...
Hint...get your facts straight if you
want someone to take you seriously.
D) Titanic sank because she was
moving at to high a rate of speed in a
known icefield. She hit the berg on
her starboard side. The impact
crumpled hull plates and snapped
rivets, resulting in flooding in six of
her sixteen major watertight
compartments. She was designed so
that up to five compartments could
flood and she would still float. This is
a good discussion of the sinking.
http://www.writing.eng.vt.edu/uer/
basset...
A quick quote. "The damage caused
by the collision allowed water to flood
six of the sixteen major watertight
compartments. As water rushed into
the starboard side of the ship's bow,
the ship began to tilt down in front
and slightly to the right. By midnight,
water in the damaged compartments
began to spill over into others
because the compartments were
watertight only horizontally and the
walls extended only a few feet above
waterline. By 1:20 a.m., water began
flooding through anchor-chain holes.
Around 2:00, as the bow continued
submerging, the propellers in the
stern were lifted out of the water.
Flooding progressed until, at about
2:10, the bow of the ship was under
water and the stern was lifted out of
the water almost 45 degrees.
Because of the tremendous weight of
the three large propellers in the stern
of the ship, the stresses in the ship's
midsection increased immensely as
the stern was lifted out of the water.
At an angle of 45 degrees or more,
the stresses in the midsection
exceeded the ultimate stresses of
the steel and the steel failed."
Again...always helps to know what
you are talking about.
E) As it was, Titanic faired remarkably
well in the sinking, Lusitania sank in
only 15 min when she was torpedoed
by a German U-Boat three years
later. Here is a good source http://
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/lin...
Final points.
The Sinking of the Royal Mail Steamer
TITANIC had nothing to do with Divine
retebution and everything to do with
negligent operation of the vessel by
the captian and crew. They were
overconfident, and they were not
familar with the ship. TITANIC was a
wonderful ship, but, as witnessed by
her sister ship OLYMPIC's colision with
the HMS Hawke a few months earlier
http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/
oly... the ship was very large, and
very powerful and very new... nobody
had a lot of experience in handling
ships that size becuase up until very
recently there had never been ships
that size before.
If you honestly think God deliberately
sank the Titanic, you have an
astonishly poor grasp of even the
basic truths of Christianity

3 Likes

Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by SMALLPENIS(f): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
victorazy:

grin #Teamsmallpenis grin the sweetest women ever wanted. grin

yes oooo! grin
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by kudoxs(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Romanticboy1: God didn't really sink the ship....
when that journalist made that remark,.he indirectly meant that they don't need God's protection or grace...its like telling God to step aside...that they are fine without him...and that prompted The devil to quickly make his move to cause that iceberg and ensured the ship hit it..
The moral of it all is-Never underrate God...we need the Grace of God,,cos without him,we're nothing....and the day yu reject God in your life....you have just welcomed the devil for a permanent stay...
lwkm , so nw no b God sink am, na devil.lol
Re: 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic. by sunex: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Even Jesus said it, wen d satan asked Jesus to fall down frm high building and ask his angels to help him so he wont hit himself against stone,Jesus said neva put ur God to test... the man Test God's power wrongly and he.survived and live to see the power of God...God owns the life of both good and bad person on earth, so he chooses wat to do wit it... who knowd weda those Innocent souls that died in Titanic gained heaven as a result of d incident irrespective of their sin. He is God and he owns everything, he is unquestionable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / Before And After Photos Of Oshodi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.