Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed (1310 Views)

ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This / What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by Fabulousmii(f): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Is it possible for BSc Accounting graduate to start the prof exam from Knowledge level even wen the school is accredited. Also how do 1 go about it, is there gonna be exemption fee or just the exam fee. Thanks
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bsc Accounting graduate from an accredited Institution will write four (4) papers in Intermediate ie.Skills level after been exempted from all Foundation (Knowledge) papers and two (2) of the the six papers in Intermediate level.

For more info check out the threads below

https://www.nairaland.com/1797873/ican-2014-may-diet-result/3

https://www.nairaland.com/964458/pls-intending-qualified-chartered-accountants/7

Cheers

cheers.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by Fabulousmii(f): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
@hayoakins, tanks 4 ur reply. I knw its exemption from 6 courses, but am askin if there is any possibility of writin frm knowledge level afresh like a non accounting grad n if there is still gonna be exemption fee to be made?
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fabulousmii: @hayoakins, tanks 4 ur reply. I knw its exemption from 6 courses, but am askin if there is any possibility of writin frm knowledge level afresh like a non accounting grad n if there is still gonna be exemption fee to be made?

Why would you want to write Knowledge level if i may ask? Some peeps do not even survive the old foundation level and had to give up after some diets. If you think you aren't really good with Accounting related courses, you just have to work harder instead of trashing the exemptions.

If you however want to forfeit the exemptions, you can write studentsaffairs@ican.org.ng

It is logical that you won't be required to pay for the exemptions you forfeited.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by opeyemmmy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fabulousmii: @hayoakins, tanks 4 ur reply. I knw its exemption from 6 courses, but am askin if there is any possibility of writin frm knowledge level afresh like a non accounting grad n if there is still gonna be exemption fee to be made?

Yes, there is. Simply register as a professional student. Don't apply for exemption, and you are good... no exemption fee involved.

Your decision appears strange though.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by opeyemmmy(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
hayoakins: ...

Hey bro. Are you writing MGE? I've a student who wishes to know the textbook he can use to prepare... preferably a Nigerian textbook. He has ACCA P1 already.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by Fabulousmii(f): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Yes, there is. Simply register as a professional student. Don't apply for exemption, and you are good... no exemption fee involved.

Ma frnd says her uncle who is FCA told her not to pay for exemption n start afresh, to be well grounded in the system. So datz y I asked cuz she is confused. Weda to just start @ knowledge level or ingore d uncle n begin @ Application. Tanks 4 ur comments so far, it has been helpful.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by opeyemmmy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fabulousmii:

Ma frnd says her uncle who is FCA told her not to pay for exemption n start afresh, to be well grounded in the system. So datz y I asked cuz she is confused. Weda to just start @ knowledge level or ingore d uncle n begin @ Application. Tanks 4 ur comments so far, it has been helpful.

Her uncle won't write the exams for her, will he? I'll advise you and your friend to do away with her uncle's advice. Apply for exemption, and save yourself time, energy and money.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by johnpaulbuddy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pls I also got A̶̲̥̅ question,how much is been paid for ican tutorial class and where is D̶̲̥̅̊ location??
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2014
opeyemmmy:

That's right, I forgot exemption is not automatic cheesy
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 8:58am On Aug 26, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Hey bro. Are you writing MGE? I've a student who wishes to know the textbook he can use to prepare... preferably a Nigerian textbook. He has ACCA P1 already.

A younger lecturer at PYE Associate who i think is also on one of ICAN's committe named Sharafa wrote a book on MGE forwarded by the incumbent ICAN president. You may check it out, however; i don't use it as i am cool with BPP ACCA P1 study text combined with ICAN's old Advanced Audit and Assurance Pack to take care of Nigerian corporate governance part of the syllabus.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by opeyemmmy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
hayoakins:

A younger lecturer at PYE Associate who i think is also on one of ICAN's committe named Sharafa wrote a book on MGE forwarded by the incumbent ICAN president. You may check it out, however; i don't use it as i am cool with BPP ACCA P1 study text combined with ICAN's old Advanced Audit and Assurance Pack to take care of Nigerian corporate governance part of the syllabus.

Alright, Thanks. Do you have an idea where he can get the book and how much it is sold for?
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Alright, Thanks. Do you have an idea where he can get the book and how much it is sold for?

Its 1,500NGN. Most ICAN accredited Tutorial centres has it in stock

You can however, connect with the Author https://www.facebook.com/horlanreywaju.congo?fref=ts
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by opeyemmmy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
hayoakins:

Its 1,500NGN. Most ICAN accredited Tutorial centres has it in stock

You can however, connect with the Author https://www.facebook.com/horlanreywaju.congo?fref=ts

Thanks man.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by hayoakins(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Thanks man.

it's my pleasure.
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by houseoftuition: 1:03am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by pioneer: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Fabulousmii: Is it possible for BSc Accounting graduate to start the prof exam from Knowledge level even wen the school is accredited. Also how do 1 go about it, is there gonna be exemption fee or just the exam fee. Thanks
call or whatsapp me on 08027997005
Re: Pls Help, ICAN Advise Needed by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Fabulousmii: Is it possible for BSc Accounting graduate to start the prof exam from Knowledge level even wen the school is accredited. Also how do 1 go about it, is there gonna be exemption fee or just the exam fee. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome Stage Fright / I Need a Transport fleet/manager job / Becoming A Big Guy Or Man :how-to

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.