Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13154 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
atlwireles:

I don't see any need to have this kind of discussion on this thread. I don't see any war in Nigeria, not today or in 50 years to come.

Do you realize how many Igbos were deinvested by the Boko Haram menace?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mine is that the FG will not reap where she did not sow.
Its bad enough the crude oil in abia n imo goes to the FG, that's the much they shd get till they invest sth in the east.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

It is true that the rich pays them ans i explained that with the rice. How many bags of rice can the rich buy iin a day?

Compare that with the collective buying of the middle class.

The rich pays the middle class for the owrk being done, and they distribute the money within the economy and also create more wealth for the rich and govt by paying taxes too.

Yes you are right

Be truthful

If God tells you to choose btw being a wealth man or a middle class. Which financial status do you think will favour Osun state more.?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

Get offended over issues such as this. Funny you, are you a learner on NL.

The fact remains, the pure water sellers, gala sellers in traffic, etc remain SEasterners. I will also reiterate, our best brains remain our land, while the dregs on the lowest part of our societal ladder, will be found in your land. Your best brains are under going tutelage on our land. Copy that.
Your sudden outburst of "curses" suggest otherwise.

I was simply trying to point out facts.

In any case, it's alright for you to let out the steam.

Like I said, you cannot really offer what you do not have.
The abundance of skilled manpower and expertise in the SE, makes it difficult for someone from Adoekiti or Oshogbo for instance to fit in.

I mean apart from the aforementioned ( traditional medicine, taxi driving perhaps tailoring), they cannot compete.
There is nothing wrong with driving a taxi or selling medicine(unless it kills) because it is an honest way to make a living much better than taking to crime.

Most Igbo in the SW are in Lagos, a city which also attracts just as much immigrants from Oshogbo, Ekiti, Ondo etc, therefore, I see no big deal.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

After which what happens to the levy?

Levies can be publicly managed or a public/private management scheme. The southeast like every region, needs major infrastructures, the levies can be used to support the public funds
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1: .

y r u not living in osun?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen: Mine is that the FG will not reap where she did not sow.
Its bad enough the crude oil in abia n imo goes to the FG, that's the much they shd get till they invest sth in the east.

Is this not the same case across the country? Abia and Imo are not treated any different than the states of Edo, Rivers, Akwaibom, Delta and baylesa
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

oluyole in osun?
am talkin abt oluyole industrial estate in ibadan.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by TamzyTamudo: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

You are as clueless as your post. Are the PDP guys from the moon or are they not the same osun people? or what is this mengistu from torah borah mountain saying? The thread is not about PDP vs APC - i dont do party arguments, so waka with your PDP jargons.

I repeat, how has the poverty in Osun resulted in their emigration into your gully eroded land. That means their land is better and more prosperous than your eroded red mud, that is why theyr refuse to move into the pit you are calling a region. People migrate to where there is prosperity.

Stem the wave of emigration that is a scourge in your region and stop this human desertification you are witnessing.
shut up young man,this is what you people are good at,stop defending the utter failure of a people and state,u talked about emigration as if your region is not part of our country,won't blame you sha,will only blame Zik for all this insults from u ingrates of a people,if we are not in the same country with you yorubas and every other ethnic group that hates us,u guys will see us as foreign investors which will bring huge uncalled respect for us just as nigeria as a country presently value the us,china etc,Keep wondering if the lord cursed igbos to develop Nigeria before leaving or he cursed us to be progressives anywhere we are don't just know the actual thing to believe. saying this because of the insults we get despite our giant strides to move the nation forward yet all they do is to plot our demise and rain abuses on the living ones. My simple advice to nigerians especially the ofenmanus is to value what they have now before they lose it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

To be ignored.

I stay on Admiralty way, Lekki. I am proudly OSun and will never claim Lagos for anything, like some people from the gully erosion.

If you are opportuned to trannsverse the number of states and countries i have been to, then you are blessed. I return back all the glory to God and not to despise miserable and hapless poverty stricken lives like yours.

Why do you live in Lagos and not Osun? Are you a poor Yoruba migrant?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: am talkin abt oluyole industrial estate in ibadan.

are we now convinced there is no industry in osun?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:
Your sudden outburst of "curses" suggest otherwise.

I was simply trying to point out facts.

In any case, it's alright for you to let out the steam.

Like I said, you cannot really offer what you do not have.
The abundance of skilled manpower and expertise in the SE, makes it difficult for someone from Adoekiti or Oshogbo for instance to fit in.

I mean apart from the aforementioned ( traditional medicine, taxi driving perhaps tailoring), they cannot compete.
There is nothing wrong with driving a taxi or selling medicine(unless it kills) because it is an honest way to make a living much better than taking to crime.

Most Igbo in the SW are in Lagos, a city which also attracts just as much immigrants from Oshogbo, Ekiti, On do etc, therefore, I see no big deal.

Laughing in Efik and Lagos is the Atlantic portion of alaigbo?

Where is the technical expertise and skills that is not showing in your land and not stopping the daily movement of able bodied men in Young shall Grow to our region?

I repeat, our best brains remain our soil, while your best are in divine assignment --- assisting to build our economy.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

Of course there's none.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 12:00am On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Is this not the same case across the country? Abia and Imo are not treated any different than the states of Edo, Rivers, Akwaibom, Delta and baylesa

the true givers to the federal govt r the oil producing states period. They give without receiving much esp the imo n abia I mentioned, the rest like SW n north are the parasite here .
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 12:00am On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Levies can be publicly managed or a public/private management scheme. The southeast like every region, needs major infrastructures, the levies can be used to support the public funds

You trust Nigerian govt workers

To me

A good number are harden pen robbers

I can bet you that, more than half of that levy will be looted.

Instead of levying them, support their community development groups.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:00am On Aug 27, 2014
TamzyTamudo: shut up young man,this is what you people are good at,stop defending the utter failure of a people and state,u talked about emigration as if your region is not part of our country,won't blame you sha,will only blame Zik for all this insults from u ingrates of a people,if we are not in the same country with you yorubas and every other ethnic group that hates us,u guys will see us as foreign investors which will bring huge uncalled respect for us just as nigeria as a country presently value the us,china etc,Keep wondering if the lord cursed igbos to develop Nigeria before leaving or he cursed us to be progressives anywhere we are don't just know the actual thing to believe. saying this because of the insults we get despite our giant strides to move the nation forward yet all they do is to plot our demise and rain abuses on the living ones. My simple advice to nigerians especially the ofenmanus is to value what they have now before they lose it.

Your outburst is uncalled for. There are igbos doing business in Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and Cameroon. Are they treated any better or worse, than in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:00am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

Why do you live in Lagos and not Osun? Are you a poor Yoruba migrant?

When did Lagos become part of the land bestowed on the descendants of Cain the wanderer?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 12:03am On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:

i was d one dat first ask u to name jst 3 industry in owerri,não u havent given me a reply
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ola6: 12:03am On Aug 27, 2014
The SE is more densely populated than the North, SW and SS. The key word here is DENSELY not MORE as there is no evidence to prove for or otherwise. This makes competition stiff compare to other regions. It is natural for any densely populated area to be highly competitive. This makes the people of the region individualistic rather than cooperative. Hence, there are a lot of stalls and shops. No really mega business, at least, not that I have noticed sha except Shoprite in Enugu.
In a bid to survive the competition, the people live their various states for a less populated state (less competitive), hence, their population in Lagos, Warri, PHC, Kano etc.

One thing also going for the cities mentioned is the FG presence. It cannot be over emphasized. The FG presence in Lagos built a sea port and THRID mainland bridge, necessary for economic growth. Also in Warri, the refinery, sea port, Chevron Nigeria (a combination of NNPC FG and Chevron) Shell et al. PHC same thing. Kano, though, I have not being there but I am almost certain there is FG presence there.

The FG presence in the SE has been minimal tbh and unless something is done fast, I'm afraid. Not just any FG presence like a river port or that thing they built on River Niger ( it really was a wasted investment) but a unique FG infrastructure that will make people leave their various states or the SE. Maybe an Institute of Technology or Public administration, that will make people travel down to stay at least for 4 years or so like the one in PHC (IPS) or the one in Onne (marine institute or whatever).

Also, the issue of tax cannot be ignored. One thing about APC states is that they tax like crazy, hence their spike in IGR.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:05am On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:

the true givers to the federal govt r the oil producing states period. They give without receiving much esp the imo n abia I mentioned, the rest like SW n north are the parasite here .

That's the price we pay for wanting to belong to Nigeria. The average person in SS does not really care. They get pissed off and irritated when some take them for fools. People start calling them lazy, screaming about oil coming from God, till data came out showing they contribute the most to non oil export too. All we asked is just some level of respect. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:07am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Yes you are right

Be truthful

If God tells you to choose btw being a wealth man or a middle class. Which financial status do you think will favour Osun state more.?

Of course, i will choose the wealthy man. However, a government will choose the bulk of its citizens being middle class than wealthy.

We started this discussion from govt perspective and not individual.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:09am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You trust Nigerian govt workers

To me

A good number are harden pen robbers

I can bet you that, more than half of that levy will be looted.

Instead of levying them, support their community development groups.

Agreed the public sector is rotten to the core, but our private sector needs to find ways to make them,do the needful.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 12:10am On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Tha, till data came out showing they contribute the most to non oil export too. All we asked is just some level of respect. grin grin grin grin grin

Interesting. Can you share that data? I have not seen it.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:
Of course, i will choose the wealthy man. However, a government will choose the bulk of its citizens being middle class than wealthy.
We started this discussion from govt perspective and not individual.

Ok

If you are Osun state governor

Which people will be of more benefit to you

Wealthy Osuns or Middle Class Osuns

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ola6: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2014
Also most of the raw cash in Nigeria is located in the SE but the total raw cash transaction of an economy is 20% as a rule of thumb. So where is the remaining 80% cash located. Your guess is as good as mine... wink

This is a reply to the guy that said most of the cash in Nigeria is in Anambra and co
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 12:13am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Laughing in Efik and Lagos is the Atlantic portion of alaigbo?

Where is the technical expertise and skills that is not showing in your land and not stopping the daily movement of able bodied men in Young shall Grow to our region?

I repeat, our best brains remain our soil, while your best are in divine assignment --- assisting to build our economy.
Why then did you leave Osun and go to Lagos?

Are you from Lagos state?

People tend to migrate where there is less competition and more room for there trade/services.

Eg Traditional medicine sellers from let's say Osun will not migrate to Ondo because there is already a glut of that trade, but will rather go to Imo state.

The variety of services provided by SEasterners in other parts of country simply shows the abundance of expertise, whether you call it best brains.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by TamzyTamudo: 12:13am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Get offended over issues such as this. Funny you, are you a learner on NL.

The fact remains, the pure water sellers, gala sellers in traffic, etc remain SEasterners. I will also reiterate, our best brains remain our land, while the dregs on the lowest part of our societal ladder, will be found in your land. Your best brains are under going tutelage on our land. Copy that.
you ofenmanus have little or no best brains,a large chunk of them can't compete,nigga they can't stand the heat of the igbos,once they feel or smell us coming they tremble. U guys are broke ass,I am always feeling sorry for them here in lagos,smh!!! E fit be say u self neva see food chop,u dey here dey abuse people weh pass u.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

Do you realize how many Igbos were deinvested by the Boko Haram menace?

Boko haram is not only an Igbo problem , the entire NE is affected. It has touched all lives, regardless of tribe.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 12:14am On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

That's the price we pay for wanting to belong to Nigeria. The average person in SS does not really care. They get pissed off and irritated when some take them for fools. People start calling them lazy, screaming about oil coming from God, till data came out showing they contribute the most to non oil export too. All we asked is just some level of respect. grin grin grin grin grin

Right.
Same way SE doesn't care too, se need suffered both regional n individual deprivation after the war, if not that we refused to give in to poverty, we would have died.
And today, sb is coming to tell me se doesn't contribute much to the FG.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ola6: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Here we go again. Why the intense hate?! sad
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:15am On Aug 27, 2014
TamzyTamudo: shut up young man,this is what you people are good at,stop defending the utter failure of a people and state,u talked about emigration as if your region is not part of our country,won't blame you sha,will only blame Zik for all this insults from u ingrates of a people,if we are not in the same country with you yorubas and every other ethnic group that hates us,u guys will see us as foreign investors which will bring huge uncalled respect for us just as nigeria as a country presently value the us,china etc,Keep wondering if the lord cursed igbos to develop Nigeria before leaving or he cursed us to be progressives anywhere we are don't just know the actual thing to believe. saying this because of the insults we get despite our giant strides to move the nation forward yet all they do is to plot our demise and rain abuses on the living ones. My simple advice to nigerians especially the ofenmanus is to value what they have now before they lose it.

Another Cain descendants exhibiting the curse God almighty placed in his life.

Ndo for you.

If your brain is too shallow to understand and contribute meaningfully to what human beings are discussing, just shut your putrid buccal cavity and let your pentium b1 brain keep grasping with what people that are privileged to attend to good schools are saying, rather than ariara market tutored education of yours. Eranko lasanlasan, nyanmiri omo y1bo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Enemies Within.....Looters, Saboteurs & Terrorists!! / IPOB Declares 'war' On Ikpeazu, Vows To Frustrate His 2nd Term Ambition Over Att / Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.