Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13157 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions

Can we return to the topic of this thread?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: r u tellin me dat small owerri has more beta roads dan oshogbo,sit down in ur huse não keep showin us ao foolish u r by comparin imo wit a little GDP to osun,list 3 industry dat r located in owerri

List one industry in osun.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD: All these Yoruba blatant liars here, where is the Osun versus SE GDP data? You think you can come here, make any claim and go unchallenged?

Oga, it is a known fact that we have thrashed on NL, severally.

Google is your friend, my father did not sent me to school, to be assisting omo y1bo, with their under the mango tree education, to do their homework for them.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

Is oau the only school in osun and was it built by the state govt igr?
Argue in line or just read comments.
u should also argue in line n stop shoutin brown roof n opo imo
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

Check the value of PAYE in comparison to total tax and you will know what i am talking about.

The middle class makes money to circulate within the economy and not the rich. The rich creates the wealth.

DO not look at the absolute figure Dangote is paying in taxes. Look at it in comparison with revenue and look at the taxes of the ordibnary people paying taxes in comparison with their revenue too. you will realise Dangote is enjoying a lot of waivers and tax holidays, that is making to pay lesser tax, thereby enriching him more.

Same waivers adenuga n otedola have, if not they would be begging at olaiya.
Adenuga is even bankrupt and in debt mess.
All of u are beggars both the rich n poor majority.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: u should also argue in line n stop shoutin brown roof n opo imo

ur brother talked abt erosion, man made

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
atlwireles: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions

Can we return to the topic of this thread?

If there is a major upheaval in Nigeria requiring that Igbos forceable move back en masse to the SE, they will likely move w/out their investments. What happens to those investments?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:
Check the value of PAYE in comparison to total tax and you will know what i am talking about.
The middle class makes money to circulate within the economy and not the rich. The rich creates the wealth.
DO not look at the absolute figure Dangote is paying in taxes. Look at it in comparison with revenue and look at the taxes of the ordibnary people paying taxes in comparison with their revenue too. you will realise Dangote is enjoying a lot of waivers and tax holidays, that is making to pay lesser tax, thereby enriching him more.

Can wealth go round if it is not created

Ok

Why do we seek for foreign investors(business men) to help develop our economy.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: r u tellin me dat small owerri has more beta roads dan oshogbo,sit down in ur huse não keep showin us ao foolish u r by comparin imo wit a little GDP to osun,list 3 industry dat r located in owerri

That means u don't know oweeri, how can u compare the road network in osogbo to owerri?
Stop saying arbitrary tnz. list one industry in the whole of osun, not even osogbo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

Oga, it is a known fact that we have thrashed on NL, severally.

Google is your friend, my father did not sent me to school, to be assisting omo y1bo, with their under the mango tree education, to do their homework for them.

I had thanked you before, but now I know better, you cheap liar.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

If there is a major upheaval in Nigeria requiring that Igbos forceable move back en masse to the SE, they will likely move w/out their investments. What happens to those investments?

That is why we must go global to prevent putting all our eggs into one basket

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

So it is the 100 metre dash gala selling people, that have the requisite skills. i am laughing in kamikaze. The Yazidis have the requisite skills that is why they are emigrating to Kurdistan?

Bros, your land is cursed and does not have anything to offer, that is why you are emigrating to that land of prosperity, Shikena. Your best brains are in our land and our worst are in yours. Dont you understand? This is simple logic.
You don't have to get angry at the truth.

All SE towns are home to many traditional medicine practitioners from the SW.

I even forgot to mention, PH taxi driving business is almost monopolised by the SW.

No need to get offended about people making an honest living(apart from perhaps the patent agbo sellers).
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

That's why we have courts around the world. This scenario does not apply to Igbos only. What will northerners with assets in the East, WEST and South do, or the westerners with assets in all parts of the country.

What should Nigerdeltans do with assets across Nigeria. The courts within and outside Nigeria will fix that problem. Though, I'm not expecting any forceful move en masse by any group in this country.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

That means u don't know oweeri, how can u compare the road network in osogbo to owerri?
Stop saying arbitrary tnz. list one industry in the whole of osun, not even osogbo.
guy if u cant mention d name of any industry in owerri,Bleep off.......n oluyole has more industry dan enugu,imo and ebonyi state
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by thwarrior72: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lovely & insightful discussion, but I will implore u guys to stop responding to superstar, if u don't want the thread derailed. U don't argue with someone who's innately ignorant, a local champion who for once have not travel beyond Usun boundary.

Most of them who has not travel beyond southwest believe that with high number of igbos in their region that southeast is deserted & emty, meanwhile ignorant of the fact that southeast is the most densely populated region in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Can wealth go round if it is not created

Ok

Why do we seek for foreign investors(business men) to help develop our economy.

I quite agree with your submission that wealth cannot go round without being created.

however, it is the middle class that distributes the wealth. Has rich has dangote is, he cannot eat a bag of rice in a day, but his employees that are the middle class can collectively, thereby transferring wealth to that rice seller. this will increase the rice seller's turnover and more gains for the farmers/importers, depending on where the seller is sourcing from. That is the real economy.

Foreign investors bring in more money into your economy to create wealth through production or services. These will make them to employ more people, that will eventually still distribute the wealth, as explained above.

This is the reason why countries with low literacy level suffer, because expatriates taht will be causing capital flight will be employed instead of the citizens of those countries.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

That is why we must go global to prevent putting all our eggs into one basket

Not just global, but home first, then global.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

u don't even have shops. u beg.

n Easterners have far more middle class than u.
osun has more low class.
u have not said the tangible ventures that are in osun that makes u think its more productive than anambra

how has your shops stopped your able bodied men from boarding ekene dilichukwu bus to our region, to continue in their ''divine assignment'' to keep serving us to build our region.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

I quite agree to your submission that wealth cannot go round without being created.

however, it is the middle class that distributes the wealth. Has rich has dangote is, he cannot eat a bag of rice in a day, but his employees that are the middle class can collectively, thereby transferring wealth to that rice seller. this will increase the rice seller's turnover and more gains for the farmers/importers, depending on where the seller is sourcing from. That is the real economy.

Foreign investors bring in more money into your economy to create wealth through production or services. These will make them to employ more people, that will eventually still distribute the wealth, as explained above.

This is the reason why countries with low literacy level suffer, because expatriates taht will be causing capital flight will be employed instead of the citizens of those countries.

The middle class can not eat those bags of rice if they don't earn money to buy them.

Question

Do the rich they work for pays them TRUE or FALSE.?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:

I even forgot to mention, PH taxi driving business is almost monopolised by the SW.

No need to get offended about people making an honest living(apart from perhaps the patent agbo sellers).

Get offended over issues such as this. Funny you, are you a learner on NL.

The fact remains, the pure water sellers, gala sellers in traffic, etc remain SEasterners. I will also reiterate, our best brains remain our land, while the dregs on the lowest part of our societal ladder, will be found in your land. Your best brains are under going tutelage on our land. Copy that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
atlwireles:

That's why we have courts around the world. This scenario does not apply to Igbos only. What will northerners with assets in the East, WEST and South do, or the westerners with assets in all parts of the country.

What should Nigerdeltans do with assets across Nigeria. The courts within and outside Nigeria will fix that problem. Though, I'm not expecting any forceful move en masse by any group in this country.

What will an international court do in a war or war-like situation? How many non Igbo own big investments in Igboland? Hopefully, we do not get to that point.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:

ph z not part of d south east,n do u know igbos r d ones sellin gala on d street of lagos too
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: Lovely & insightful discussion, but I will implore u guys to stop responding to superstar, if u don't want the thread derailed. U don't argue with someone who's innately ignorant, a local champion who for once have not travel beyond Usun boundary.

Most of them who has not travel beyond southwest believe that with high number of igbos in their region that southeast is deserted & emty, meanwhile ignorant of the fact that southeast is the most densely populated region in Nigeria.
ao do u xpect d south east not to b densely populated when z not as big as oyo state.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

The middle class can not eat those bags of rice if they don't earn money to buy them.

Question

Do the rich they work for pays them TRUE or FALSE.?

It is true that the rich pays them ans i explained that with the rice. How many bags of rice can the rich buy iin a day?

Compare that with the collective buying of the middle class.

The rich pays the middle class for the owrk being done, and they distribute the money within the economy and also create more wealth for the rich and govt by paying taxes too.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

Not just global, but home first, then global.

Both at the same time
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
One problem the states in the SE need to fix asap, is their data collection system. Also, an aggressive move should be made to registrar all SME. This will help present a more accurate picture of their GDP and the states will be able to identify SMEs and how to levy some taxes on them.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ola6: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Very interesting topic. Kudos to the contributors on this thread. Please try as much as possible to avoid the usual bashing... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

What will an international court do in a war or war-like situation? How many non Igbo own big investments in Igboland? Hopefully, we do not get to that point.

I don't see any need to have this kind of discussion on this thread. I don't see any war in Nigeria, not today or in 50 years to come.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ola6: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Now, my humble contribution

I have been to all SW states apart from Osun and I have been to Abia, Imo and Enugu. Each region has its challenges.

Since the op is more concerned about the SE, I'll base my comments on majorly the SE. The SW has her own problems.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: guy if u cant mention d name of any industry in owerri,Bleep off.......n oluyole has more industry dan enugu,imo and ebonyi state

oluyole in osun?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
atlwireles: One problem the states in the SE need to fix asap, is their data collection system. Also, an aggressive move should be made to registrar all SME. This will help present a more accurate picture of their GDP and the states will be able to identify SMEs and how to levy some taxes on them.

After which what happens to the levy?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: Lovely & insightful discussion, but I will implore u guys to stop responding to superstar, if u don't want the thread derailed. U don't argue with someone who's innately ignorant, a local champion who for once have not travel beyond Usun boundary.

To be ignored.

I stay on Admiralty way, Lekki. I am proudly OSun and will never claim Lagos for anything, like some people from the gully erosion.

If you are opportuned to trannsverse the number of states and countries i have been to, then you are blessed. I return back all the glory to God and not to despise miserable and hapless poverty stricken lives like yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From Abuja Peace Conference 2015 / “I Remain The Speaker” – Hon. Tonye Isenah Speaks On Impeachment / Fire Guts Abonnema Wharf In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.