Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20213 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by bjreal67(m): 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
kevoh:
Wat da fuq ? undecided There's nothing wrong and terrible with those names. It is ours. It is purely Nigerian. It is our identity and the world should learn to call it that way.

I am sure you are the type who prefers to hear bean-cake to Akara because Akara is not english. Who told you ''cheese'' is not an ugly name?
No mind that AJÈ-BUTTER ... we are Naija and we are nt ashamed of our identity...
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real cool
kevoh:
Wat da fuq ? undecided There's nothing wrong and terrible with those names. It is ours. It is purely Nigerian. It is our identity and the world should learn to call it that way.

I am sure you are the type who prefers to hear bean-cake to Akara because Akara is not english. Who told you ''cheese'' is not an ugly name?
No mind that AJÈ-BUTTER ... we are Naija and we are nt ashamed of our identity...
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
I hate kuli kuli.i prefer not to eat anytin dan eatin it because it tastes boring
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by henryobinna(m): 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
talk2riel: Last friday On transit from zaria to kaduna at jaji motor park I couldn't resist the urge. I bought #100 worth of kulikuli.
hehe.
and you gave out how much worth of fart?

cheesy
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by kuntash: 7:18am On Aug 26, 2014
Try to visit where this thing is made, I am damn sure u wouldnt wanna eat it...

especially with these Ebolamania
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by seedorfg(m): 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
Kulikuli German stone just 1naira back then, you can brake it with hammer You can even eat it twice specially combinated with Garri
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DaWorshiper(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2014
There are various ways i enjoy my kwilikwili (also called krobasin-tablet):
*somtimes i dey chop am with bread
*I can also eat it with indomie
*or i pieces am inside ma jollof rice. Yummy! Yummy!!

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by dontai(m): 7:21am On Aug 26, 2014
ElekeNtioba: What do u think?? The originators preferred making bombs.
preferred making bomb to ta to Kulikuli alata. Lol
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 7:22am On Aug 26, 2014
rahymat: I hate kuli kuli.i prefer not to eat anytin dan eatin it because it tastes boring
NAWA O sey food they boring again

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by deebrain(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2014
If im correct, i think "Donkwa" (that soft round and spicy one) beat it.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by omogidi234(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2014
ITbomb: You will live long.
A friend is planning on packaging it alongside his other products (plantain and potato chips) but he couldn't get someone who could prepare it well
Let him go to any Sabo, he should get someone to teach him or take up employment on that.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DesChyko: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Well, I saw it recently on my way to a hospital in Imo State. As I was in a hurry, I didn't ask for the selling rate, so I just assumed inflation must have taken its course, and requested for #100 worth.
To my surprise, the 'Aboki' gave me exactly 50 pieces inspite of the big size!! Alas, something inflation didn't affect much in Nigeria.
But I think it was adulterated. The farts I used to associate with eating it didn't surface much even as I did them all in one day.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by agrovick(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
I still rocked it with garium sulphide yesterday afternoon. grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Geenickel(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
Dreyl: NAWA O sey food they boring again
.ma dear ask am oo!! we are all black skinned!! our native delicacies shuld not be flung away!!! omoh...na nw i remrmber sef...e dun tee i taste am o...hu ft do transfer fr me (kulee transfer)?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by yokiti: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
ITbomb: You will live long.
A friend is planning on packaging it alongside his other products (plantain and potato chips) but he couldn't get someone who could prepare it well
Are you serious about your friend looking for someone to prepare it very well because I know of an expert in Kontagora Niger state ( distance might be the challenge here) who could be of help?
@ Topic, Kuli is still readily available in different form and taste in the Northern part of Nigeria. Cant forget my brief stint in the North. Kuli mai sanyin with gaari; better together.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by kaykay123(m): 7:35am On Aug 26, 2014
I live very close to sabo,and kulikuli happens to be my favorite,but some people won't allow me eat it ,cos when I do ,the rate I fart in the house is always alarming.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by bbkkatunxo: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Firefire: smiley

Kuli-kuli is a NUPE food that is primarily made from peanuts. It is a popular snack in Nigeria. It is often eaten alone or with a mixture of garri, sugar and water...

Kulikuli alata... chai, missing.

KULI KULI IS A NUPE FOOD NOT HAUSA FOOD

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by bossanmayor(m): 7:38am On Aug 26, 2014
kolite dat wot I call it,now beginnin to go into exile#Damm
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by otswag(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2014
This used to be d perfect lunch for me eons ago. Kulikuli with chilled garri n sucrose. Always hurried home from schl just to have my sumptuous delicacy while watching voltron, Gforce danger mouse and count duckula..lol. Fun times. Mehn! Man don old ooo.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Bsmartt(m): 7:50am On Aug 26, 2014
It is clear and simple! The poor hygiene practice makes people abstain from eating the snack. If medium scale enterprise can invest massively on this nutritious delicacy, people will the attracted to it because of a well packaged snack. The nutshell is there is need for Hygienic food processing. #stayhealthy

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Geenickel: .ma dear ask am oo!! we are all black skinned!! our native delicacies shuld not be flung away!!! omoh...na nw i remrmber sef...e dun tee i taste am o...hu ft do transfer fr me (kulee transfer)?
lol..u re not alone even me too i dey look for am,now na with cashew nut i dey use soak Garri grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Lilimax(f): 7:57am On Aug 26, 2014
ElekeNtioba: What do u think?? The originators preferred making bombs.
shocked
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by LeStylo: 7:58am On Aug 26, 2014
You guys need to also try out "Dankuwa" or "Donkwa". Spicily awesome.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2014
DaWorshiper:
U too like sweet tins!
sweet things na †ђξ way oo..cool Weldone eeh U̶̲̥̅̊ wey like bitter things
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by 360command: 7:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

My only problem is out naming, imagine the white would have called kulikuli = cheese, but we chose an ugly name so they assume it's a poor mans food, baba dudu, zobo, kunu, all are just terrible names... Hahaha
the names are not terrible,its just that you have accepted the white mans language thinking theirs sounds better. Imagine how a name like 'candy' would sound to those with no education,no modernity, but understands their local language. I bet you, 'candy' would sound ugly to them.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Lilimax(f): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Dreyl: NAWA O sey food they boring again
smiley
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by xynerise: 7:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmm. German stone. How I miss thou
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 8:05am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmm...all those looking 4 kulikuli just gave me business idea. I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ North. So now I wan turn 'kulikuli distributor' (exporter of kulikuli) kikikikiki...make I send my acct num...contact moi for ur order. I'll supply as soon as I get alert wink grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by IDnoble1: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2014
kulukuli! what a meal!
it can still b brought back with correct packaging and rebranding for shoprite(contemporary) standards.
Kulikuli kandi kandi
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 26, 2014
temigracie: .....lwkmdfh ooo...
you are funny o, WRT tymax, does garri, fufu, and some agege bread you buy almost everyday have nafdac number? There are some foods that can never have nafdac number as far as nigeria is concerned
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by ElekeNtioba: 8:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Lilimax: shocked

yeah...next tym u buy just be careful they dont serve u together with....boom!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Dreyl: lol..u re not alone even me too i dey look for am,now na with cashew nut i dey use soak Garri grin
make ur order. I'll supply grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by msmon(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Feex: Gone are the days when kulikuli used to be very common. It used to be my favourite delicacy. Eating it with chilled garri was the dream of every youth.
Now, with the emergency of big shopping malls and shawarma, Nigerian youths now prefer popcorn, spiced groundnut, ice cream, sharwama, etc sad

So sad cry

I dedicate this thread to the good old days of garri spiced with KULIKULI. yummy tongue

Nice one, all because of civilization abi?
You just remind me of baba dudu and sisi pelebe. Haaa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.