Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20214 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Geenickel: .ma dear ask am oo!! we are all black skinned!! our native delicacies shuld not be flung away!!! omoh...na nw i remrmber sef...e dun tee i taste am o...hu ft do transfer fr me (kulee transfer)?
make ur order, I'll supply grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Clinton594(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2014
Except it wasn't a mallam that prepared this one. For all I care they prepare it rolling it on the laps to get that shape. I've seen it

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by iaatmguy(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2014
vicadex07: What of the round one, koko or something...am not sure whether that's what it is called
it is called tanfili(also made from ground nut)
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Lilimax(f): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

yeah...next tym u buy just be careful they dont serve u together with....boom!
I can't remember the last time I eat it embarassed
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Lilimax(f): 8:20am On Aug 26, 2014
iaatmguy: it is called tanfili(also made from ground nut)
The very day I saw how they were moulding Tanfili was the stay I stopped eating it while growing up.
Those women were busy moulding the thing on there laps as if nothing happened.
I almost puked at sighting them embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Yeh! My belle don dey turn me! tongue
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by jnrbayano(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Lilimax:
The very day I saw how they were moulding Tanfili was the stay I stopped eating it while growing up.
Those women were busy moulding the thing on there laps as if nothing happened.
I almost puked at sighting them embarassed

What I don't know can never kill me. If they like make dey mould it with their behind.

So far I haven't caught them preparing it that way, I no send.

That kwulikwuli is legendary, and with asoki (garri), its cloud 9.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Emmysteve(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2014
rahymat: I hate kuli kuli.i prefer not to eat anytin dan eatin it because it tastes boring
O prefer not to read this post because the post look boring.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2014
you too sabi!
it's being long since i have a bite of this wonderful, sumptious and tasty delicacy after leaving the north for studies in east, we hardly get tasty once here so i don't even care to buy. WE CALL IT "GERMAN STONE" back then in KD.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Fourwinds: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2014
ha.!!! u just reminded me.....rushing to d market to buy some..yummy.!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Kuli-kuli is still widely available in some parts of the North.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by bookiee(f): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Well, i happen to serve in kebbi, an the kulikuli there is really great! with pepper and ginger i actually learnt it, would start making it for sale soon, cause i bought some along and people really loved it..
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
DuchessLily: make ur order. I'll supply grin
really?how much would u sell 5 bags of kuli's for me? grinwink
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
talk2riel: Last friday On transit from zaria to kaduna at jaji motor park I couldn't resist the urge. I bought #100 worth of kulikuli.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Round kulikuli are my favorites grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Fourwinds: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2014
henryobinna:
hehe.
and you gave out how much worth of fart?

cheesy
hahahaaaa...u are funny. stop watching his back
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by eyiowuawi: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2014
mehn, i ate this a lot back then in the 90s, my brother use to go to woro molla in mushin every afternoon and come back with almost half a polybag, we would chew and fart every now and then.

I stopped eating it because of d way the mallams spit around everywhere

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by henryobinna(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Fourwinds:
hahahaaaa...u are funny. stop watching his back
haha..
yep
I must obey that.
I'll stop.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2014
Dreyl: really?how much would u sell 5 bags of kuli's for me? grinwink
haba! just 5bags??.. Thought U̶̲̥̅̊ would ask for a trailer load tongue . But seriously??
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2014
Feex: Gone are the days when kulikuli used to be very common. It used to be my favourite delicacy. Eating it with chilled garri was the dream of every youth.
Now, with the emergency of big shopping malls and shawarma, Nigerian youths now prefer popcorn, spiced groundnut, ice cream, sharwama, etc sad

So sad cry

I dedicate this thread to the good old days of garri spiced with KULIKULI. yummy tongue
things change you know. And I know it's been long since you ate it.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by uggyluv: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2014
Chai I chop dt tin nonsense wile I was serving in ekiti...It was somtin I was always lookin forward 2 wen I get 2 d market cos it was always in surplus dia
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by talk2riel: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2014
blakky97:
Did you eat it when those soldiers front of jaji cantonment searched your car?
I was with a captain so no serious search
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by virago(f): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Na so so pako pikin full this thread , well sha I chop am as well
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2014
I can't drink garri without my precious kulikuli.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by talk2riel: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2014
henryobinna:
hehe.
and you gave out how much worth of fart?

cheesy
The sugar coated brand of kuli does not give you the luxury of messing. Though I would have welcomed the chance to let out a little prumm- prumm-prumm
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2014
@Op, maybe it has gone extinct in your own area, here in the southwest, it's still everywhere.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 9:06am On Aug 26, 2014
DuchessLily: haba! just 5bags??.. Thought U̶̲̥̅̊ would ask for a trailer load tongue . But seriously??
alright!can u supply 1,500bags inside a train i wanna indulge into kulikuli's business i hope it will be lucrative? gringrin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Jetemmy(f): 9:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Chai!!!!! i luv am die....so delicious with chilled soaked gari..gone are those days wink
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2014
virago: Na so so pako pikin full this thread , well sha I chop am as well
no b pako delicacy oh!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by RuffRhyder(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2014
I remember those old days whenever I am given coins for offering in Church, I will secretly divide it into two & then use the rest to buy Kulikuli on my way back home from Church.

Hmm! May God forgive me & people who were like me then. wink

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2014
I want kulikuli cry
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Belmot(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Kuli kuli can never go extint..... Everywhere u go for north u go get... The best kuli kuli ever is the flat and spicy one's from minna and the Kondo's(u can break sum1 head with it) from birnin gwari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.