Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20215 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz:
This is the height of inferiority complex.

Yeah it is that's why ur name is not chioma but chimoz, I guess chimoz sounds better than Chioma, inferiority complex my arse!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
kevoh:
Wat da fuq ? undecided There's nothing wrong and terrible with those names. It is ours. It is purely Nigerian. It is our identity and the world should learn to call it that way.

I am sure you are the type who prefers to hear bean-cake to Akara because Akara is not english. Who told you ''cheese'' is not an ugly name?

So can u go to a fast food with ur babe and ask for kunu ? Or pito ?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Revolva(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
I hate kulikuli ever since primary school when I heard they use their saliva and spit on their palmsand rub it on the kulikuli to make it strong....yurk irritating
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by nagoma(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Silkmoth33: eh! Kpomoh no be cartilage oh! smiley

Yes NOT cartilage but collagen, with no nutritional value but economically useful for making leather bags, shoes and innumerable materials from leather if we can stop eating it.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by 360command: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

Ur point is off, candy to a those with no education is not a point, Here we are comparing how the name kulikuli sound to me and you since we both educated, so looking at it from our own educated standard should be our aim ...
educated or not educated, you seem to be appraising the white mans language. There is no point of saying kulikuli does not sound well because its local and that of candy sounds western or modern, this is just to say that westernization has taken over you.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by msmon(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
SammyHoe: Round kulikuli are my favorites grin

Haa! Oko sango
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by eemjay17(m): 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...i take KK alot oo....cos i dont see any side effects atall.....i take it in sch alot....its sweet....i love dat cracking sound..
Are they still selling it at those hostel entrances inside school? I heard temigracie is a unlorite. smiley smiley
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by mechanics(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ntn, stil available, i do take it.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by talk2riel: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
henryobinna: haha.
ok,
do you know any online retail out let I can get the sugar-coated brand?
Shoprite or next cash n carry
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
eemjay17:
Are they still selling it at those hostel entrances inside school? I heard temigracie is a unlorite. smiley smiley
...lol....they now sell packaged KK now....we dont call it kulikuli....it sounds local....we call it KK....

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by henryobinna(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
talk2riel:
Shoprite or next cash n carry
ok
will try em out
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by kevoh(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

So can u go to a fast food with ur babe and ask for kunu ? Or pito ?
I'll pretend this your question is not dumb and oblige by answering you. Yes, I'll order for kunu,pito,zobo or whatever local drink/delicacy is being served. There is a big problem with any relationship if you can not be comfortable eating any food you desire in the presence of a potential spouse.

Besides,Why do you think most big restaurants/fast food joints (Mama Cass and co) sell more local dishes than stupid meat pies? Others that didn't start with local food have introduced it e.g Village Kitchen of Mr.Biggs. McDonalds in Arab countries sells local sandwich called McArabia.You think they are fools who don't know that local delicacy in the host countries mean more profit apart from the usual burger.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by eemjay17(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
temigracie: ...lol....they now sell packaged KK now....we dont call it kulikuli....it sounds local....we call it KK....
Trust me...i know better... How many sticks are they now selling for #10? cheesy
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
And This Shit Made Fp with Local and Village Champions Commenting On It? Mtchww! I Hate KuliKuLi!!

GEJ TILL 4EVA!!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
kevoh:
I'll pretend this your question is not dumb and oblige by answering you. Yes, I'll order for kunu,pito,zobo or whatever local drink/delicacy is being served. There is a big problem with any relationship if you can not be comfortable eating any food you desire in the presence of a potential spouse.

Besides,Why do you think most big restaurants/fast food joints (Mama Cass and co) sell more local dishes than stupid meat pies? Others that didn't start with local food have introduced it e.g Village Kitchen of Mr.Biggs. McDonalds in Arab countries sells local sandwich called McArabia.You think they are fools who don't know that local delicacy in the host countries mean more profit apart from the usual burger.

U don't need to accept my point and stop twisting my word, all I know is that people that patronize all out local stuff are mostly the local people, so if u like gree, if u like no agree, am not trying to convince u at all ... Am just saying what I noticed a which we both know it's true, the so called kulikuli I still eat, so if we cannot package it very well for a general acceptance all over the world which include naming, then it will continue to be unaccepted ... Gbam#
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
360command: educated or not educated, you seem to be appraising the white mans language. There is no point of saying kulikuli does not sound well because its local and that of candy sounds western or modern, this is just to say that westernization has taken over you.

When u see a point, don't rush to prove me wrong all in the name of patriotism, all am saying is, why is pizza, burger, cheese, and the rest seem to be seen as cool food than out own locally made stuffs, and I brought a point that naming would have contributed it's part in the unacceptance, it's just a point, am not imposing it on u, is my own side of the story, if u don't accept fine, but I don't need your acceptance to know am right, I have seen businesses in Nigeria getting a whole lot of sales just because of the way it's packaged, so don't always try to prove someone wrong when they make a point, try to reason with my point too, all I wanted to hear from anyone of you is that, ' yeah it's true but that's not only the factor ' can u say from the bottom of your heart that I don't have a point ? My second name is bankole, I would have preferred it to my first name which is David or my surname which is abel, so many traditional or local names that sound well too, so don't get me wrong ...
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by francescainnoce(f): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
I ordered for a small portion of Kuli Kuli from my uncle in Kano and guess what, this dude sent me a sack of Kuli Kuli and I'm loving it.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by kevoh(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

U don't need to accept my point and stop twisting my word, all I know is that people that patronize all out local stuff are mostly the local people, so if u like gree, if u like no agree, am not trying to convince u at all ... Am just saying what I noticed a which[b] we both know it's true[/b], the so called kulikuli I still eat, so if we cannot package it very well for a general acceptance all over the world which include naming, then it will continue to be unaccepted ... Gbam#

Twist your word? Na you sabi where dem twist your word.Any thing that is not well packaged will not sell, it has nothing to do with kuli kuli,zobo nor kunu and nothing to do with the local name.

Davidbanky:

all I know is that people that patronize all out local stuff are mostly the local people,
Seriously, how much more silly can you get with these kind of statements? I give up on your case, bro!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

Yeah it is that's why ur name is not chioma but chimoz, I guess chimoz sounds better than Chioma, inferiority complex my arse!
Chimoz is a combination of my surname and name. I have expunged every trait of inferiority complex in me.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz:
Chimoz is a combination of my surname and name. I have expunged every trait of inferiority complex in me.

Yeah that why u need to write it in full... Don't package it
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
kevoh:

Twist your word? Na you sabi where dem twist your word.Any thing that is not well packaged will not sell, it has nothing to do with kuli kuli,zobo nor kunu and nothing to do with the local name.

Seriously, how much more silly can you get with these kind of statements? I give up on your case, bro!

Better bro,
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

Yeah that why u need to write it in full... Don't package it
And risk my anonymous credibility abi? Stop trying to make it look like an as guilty as you.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz:
And risk my anonymous credibility abi? Stop trying to make it look like an as guilty as you.

Am not guilty ma, am only saying the truth so this nation can move forward, so stop your own patriotism and just face reality...
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Cashrill(m): 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gone r dose days my pockets were filled wit kulikuli
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by alaladakosta(f): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ahhhhh!! German Stone, home boiz cola. Gone are d dayz men
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
temigracie: ...ayam a big gurl nah....u knw what am tryn to say.....big gehs don mess nah
f I hear.. f I chop kulikuli...I go mess
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by alaladakosta(f): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
YoungDaNaval: And This Shit Made Fp with Local and Village Champions Commenting On It? Mtchww! I Hate KuliKuLi!!

GEJ TILL 4EVA!!

Fu@k u, idiotson
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

Am not guilty ma, am only saying the truth so this nation can move forward, so stop your own patriotism and just face reality...
Inferior reality. That kulikuli name is unique and there is nothing wrong with it.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by delazo: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Always still d best wit garri.......
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz:
Inferior reality. That kulikuli name is unique and there is nothing wrong with it.

Whatever !
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by barackodam: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
disloman: Bro no lie.dem still dey sell am 4 lag.even in lekki,u go get am.

Na there is catch you.

Where for lekki.

And don't tell me jakande cos I don't stay there, i stay in AJah
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by baba11(m): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
E still dey yanfu yanfu for mosholashi alhaja 4 agege...Old memories revive...KUliKUli!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.