Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68376 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by gymer(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oh my God. That is akhe na. Water from it is as cool as thermocool. I still dey drink from it anytime am in the villa.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Vello:
Once upon a time in a story story kingdom. Why this AUTOBIOGRAPHY! The question put to you was even hardly answered. Eewu!!!

Lmao. Pot calling kettle black. Educate yourself first before coming after me. Kro kro infested cow...have you answered the question?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Sammyblaq(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
water from this pot have this taste...turns every water to a stream sourced one.
Like the taste...
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Niwdog: [color=#000099][/color]simple question'watin una dey call?u bgin talk story

Simple question...answer the question na...otondo
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by gymer(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mamaflex: We call it "akhe" saw it in grandma's house. I think i've drank frm it, cnt really remember though.

Which part of Edo North are you from?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kizmarty: everyone claiming their grandma had one..
what happened to the grand pa(s)

The Grandpa in my case died before I lived with my Grandmother and he got served water from the same pot when he was alive.

In my generation mostly, Grandpas don't visit amu to fetch water. There are Wives (plural) and children to do that.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Akachukwuvic: biography

Anu mpam
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
I am still drinking from that pot. Sometimes, we see tadpoles, yet we sway the bottom of the cup on the surface of the water to scare the tadpoles before fetching a chilly cup, and with each cup, we remember the past, thank Gods for the Present and worry about the future.

Our forefathers paved the way for us, and they lived longer, drinking from the Earthen Pot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Unfortunately you are not allowed to project your assumption on my reality. I am a village boy.

Where are you coming up with these "testing"?

I said I never looked in the pot and just drank like everybody else.

you're the one who mentioned testing the water.

a true villager would have seen something at the bottom of the water, not conjecture about if there was.

just saying.

there are things like sediment, etc.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
publicenemy:

You were asked a simple question....

Shhhhhhhhh
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Sike(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Surprisingly, the water inside this pot is always cold and refreshing. Especially when my grandpapa put those live electric fishes that can shock the hell out of a soul inside it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

you're the one who mentioned testing the water.

a true villager would have seen something at the bottom of the water, not conjecture about if there was.

just saying.

there are things like sediment, etc.

Again, as I stated previously I never looked inside the pot. Ours was positioned inside the house in a dimly lit hallway and I never had any excuse to go poking around.

You should do that to yours if opportunity presents itself.

The level of my education now required that in order to validate if the water is contaminated that a lab test is in order. No wonder Nigerians die lie fowls. There are things that will harm you in this modern world that you can't see with the naked eye.

I am a true villager, wether you choose to believe it or not, or wether your personal measuring method is met or not doesn't change that fact.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Ekundayo7: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
berem: This was what we used in storing cold water back then in school in the north.
We call it natural fridge.
Yes, for those of you who don't know, if you nest one smaller pot inside the larger, then pack sand in the space between the two and add a little water to the sand every day or so, it will chill even vegetable and meat if you keep a wet towel hung over the mouth. Foods last a long time too.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by georgesamuel(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
:oI have drank from der 4 about 2 year and never fall sick 4 one day

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sunnyprof: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank water from the pot all my years of being with my Parents and anytime I visit, even till now.

My Dad installed that Pot, with the stand, even before he married my Mum. Its cool. We don't drink from the cup on top of the Cover, we use it to fetch water from the Pot and pour into another cup or bowl to drink.

The Pot is washed and drained every Saturday and sometimes mid week again.

My children had also drank from it on every visit to Granma. Its cool, sweet and surely, no infections from there.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Afarozy(f): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin even now still in my fathers house. Use to drink frm it atimes
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Btruth: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did. Almost, everyone at the village have this at home. But what amazed me was the live cat fish my maternal grand mum put in the port, she said it helps in cleaning the port from been dirty (the fish helps eat all the small dirty particles)..and also, that the return water from the fish mouth is medicinal. Well, I don't know how truth that was?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Again, as I stated previously I never looked inside the pot. Ours was positioned inside the house in a dimly lit hallway and I never had any excuse to go poking around.

You should do that to yours if opportunity presents itself.

The level of my education now required that in order to validate if the water is contaminated that a lab test is in order. No wonder Nigerians die lie fowls. There are things that will harm you in this modern world that you can't see with the naked eye.

I am a true villager, wether you choose to believe it or not, or wether your personal measuring method is met or not doesn't change that fact.

like i said, you visited the village doesnt make you a villager. (Even your moniker shows you dont consider yourself one).

all this big grammar you're blowing in response to a simple observation, is unnecessary.

all you need to say is you did not observe physically anything in the water.

In actual fact, there's usually a lot of things at the bottom of the pot.

anyway, when a true villager is talking, you should sit and learn.

if you use alum (or you never saw that before either), in water, it makes sediment settle at the bottom of the container.

or was your water from the tap?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mecylee(f): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
infact me i still de drink from that thing any time i travel to the villa the water from it usually has a sweet aroma that is very enjoyable grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sage2(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Now I feel like crying. That is one water that will never kill you re give you any disease. So chill and refreshing, the water of life.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

like i said, you visited the village doesnt make you a villager. (Even your moniker shows you dont consider yourself one).

all this big grammar you're blowing in response to a simple observation, is unnecessary.

all you need to say is you did not observe physically anything in the water.

In actual fact, there's usually a lot of things at the bottom of the pot.

anyway, when a true villager is talking, you should sit and learn.

if you use alum (or you never saw that before either), in water, it makes sediment settle at the bottom of the container.

or was your water from the tap?

I also own VillageHeadMaster.Com - so does that satisfy your requirement to demonstrate that I'm a villager? I am what I am, I am the only person that can identify me. Not you.

I offer no apologies for demonstrating that I am disciplined enough to complete my education.

I did say that I never looked inside the pot but somehow you are having difficulties comprehending that so simple statement.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by otomatic(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
"Abang itie". The water is always chilled and has a peculiar taste.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Dreyl(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

smileysmileysmiley
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
nah, never. not even looked into it though i hear its always chilled and enjoyable.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Jarus(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

I did....

I hate indomie with a passion.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Funjosh(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

OP are you an EGBA person
The last time I drank from that pot was in 1999 when we travel to our village during holiday. grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Yes, for those of you who don't know, if you nest one smaller pot inside the larger, then pack sand in the space between the two and add a little water to the sand every day or so, it will chill even vegetable and meat if you keep a wet towel hung over the mouth. Foods last a long time too.

The question is how do you nest the smaller pot inside the bigger one,,a northerner,i think an hausa man came up with that idea and he won an award for that...give credit to him pls.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DuchessLily(f): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

hahaha...U̶̲̥̅̊ don't say. I drank frm it oo...Even my unborn children will still drink frm it, cos we still have them i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my grandma's and my grandaunties' .so when we visit †ђξ villa we must still represent. Very refreshing, chilled and tasty water dat pot produces oo...my dear if U̶̲̥̅̊ haven't tasted †ђξ water frm dat pot U̶̲̥̅̊ have missed and r still missing... It is called Ite i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my place
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by toseen29: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thats a refrigerator not just for storage purposes, drank from it during NYSC days in Yobe.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

I also own VillageHeadMaster.Com - so does that satisfy your requirement to demonstrate that I'm a villager? I am what I am, I am the only person that can identify me. Not you.

I offer no apologies for demonstrating that I am disciplined enough to complete my education.

I did say that I never looked inside the pot but somehow you are having difficulties comprehending that so simple statement.

Bro, let it go.

You are too serious and have too much agro, everything is not a war.

I wonder how your education became the topic of discussion, do you hold 5 phds?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Bro, let it go.

You are too serious.

So now that I cornered you by showing who dense you are you are waiving the white flag?

Are you going to acknowledge that you went off half cocked?

I bet you were shocked to see that I actually one VillageHeadMaster.Com.

Your lesson of the day, look before you leap or make idiotic assumptions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / Man Whose Wife Died Chasing Side Chick Is Not Dead. He Was In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.