Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen (4978 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by VillageParrot: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2016
Contrary to a statement issued by Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu which described President Buhari's comment to journalists about his wife 'belonging to the kitchen, the living room and the other room'" as only a 'banter', President Buhari has doubled down, maintaining that he wasn't joking or throwing banters with German Chancellor Angela Merkel when he said his wife Aisha belongs to the kitchen.

In an exclusive interview with DW's Phil Gayle, President Buhari insisted that his wife Aisha should stay out of politics.

"Recently your wife criticized your choices for top jobs, and you responded by saying "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room." What did you mean by that, sir?", DW asked President Buhari.

In his response to the question, President Buhari said: "I am sure you have a house. ... You know where your kitchen is, you know where your living room is, and I believe your wife looks after all of that, even if she is working.""

"That is your wife's function?", DW made an attempt to clarify, to which Buhari replied: "Yes, to look after me."

"And she should stay out of politics?", DW asked again. "I think so", Buhari insisted.

Presidential Spokesman, Garba Shehu in an effort to clarify the President's initial comment which has long gone viral said that "He was obviously throwing a banter."

Garba in a series of tweets said "My friends, can't a leader get a sense of humour anymore? Mr. President laughed before that statement was made.

"Politics sometimes should be spiced with humour. Those of us close to him knows there is never a dull moment with him.

"Mr. President respects the place of women in our society. He believes in the abilities of women.

"One of Nigeria's most sensitive office today is headed by a woman, Mrs. Adeosun. This is an evidence of the confidence he reposes on women."

"My friends, can't a leader get a sense humour anymore? Mr. President laughed before that statement was made."

Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to attack the President’s comments as misogynistic, comparing him to U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/breaking-buhari-disowns-garba-shehu-others-insists-aisha-belongs-kitchen/

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 16, 2016
[iI don't know where my future partner is yet.
but I don't think she will belong to only my
kitchen, living room and the other room.
Nigeria has a dullard president.
Jixz][/i]

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Thewrath(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2016
I see
Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Cadamlk: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari has dropped the bombshell once again. Social media ground troops,over to you. grin

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by gbengaizzHe: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2016
Yes I campaigned for APC and also a die hard fan of APC buh Buhari or bubari... u need to stfu if you dont know what to say concerning sensitive issues.... babu sense of diplomacy . U pitch tent against Tinubu bah... watch ur success crumble.... u dont bite the finger that fed you.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Mynd44: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2016
gbengaizzHe:
Yes I campaigned for APC and also a die hard fan of APC buh Buhari or bubari... u need to stfu if you dont know what to say concerning sensitive issues.... babu sense of diplomacy . U pitch tent against Tinubu bah... watch ur success crumble.... u dont bite the finger that fed you.

Lol...Afonja. This one wey you dey vex like this, be like say Buhari policies and incompetence don dey affect you.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Collenshy2020(m): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari nah Man U be, dat kitchen follow help U become presido, dat bedroom follow make U look partially fresh outside, so tuwale 4ram .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by davidif: 11:06am On Oct 16, 2016
Why is it that in a country of over 150 million people, Nigeria only had to chose between this guy and Jonathan? You mean that with all the smart people in the country we couldn't find more qualified people?

Why can't we change our electoral process so that the Nigerian people get better options next time? Personally, i would prefer that we move from a closed primary system where only the party insiders get to determine who clinches the party nomination to open primaries where Nigerians get to do that. That way we have a more open and transparent system.

In the U.S, the people vote on who gets to represent there party in the national elections and not the party cabals. This also applies to senate, house and other state and local races. (Note: public officials like the governor of a state can be recalled (ousted) by the populace for incompetence, corruption, mismanagement etc.)

At the beginning of the campaign season, you had around 17 candidates running for the Republican nomination and after several months in which different states went to the ballots, one of the candidates emerged the winner and won the right to represent his party as the sole nominee in the general elections. This was a victory for the people and for there nation and it would be awesome if we adopted that in Nigeria as I am tired of the Nigerian people having to chose between two woeful candidates during each election, we deserve better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Saturday80(m): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=JixNation post=50243249][/quote]you are right my friend my wife can not be just for the kitchen its not fair at all Mr president watch your way

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Adminisher: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2016
Cadamlk:
Buhari has dropped the bombshell once again. Social media ground troops,over to you. grin

I just LOVE this Buhari. Aisha will not be allowed to be Turai who almost prevented Jonathan from taking over or Patience who embarrassed her husband/wife in public.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Cadamlk: 11:13am On Oct 16, 2016
Adminisher:

I just LOVE this Buhari. Aisha will not be allowed to be Turai who almost prevented Jonathan from taking over or Patience who embarrassed her husband/wife in public.
grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by EternalTruths: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari is not wise

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by DropShot: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2016
Adminisher:

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by LordIsaac(m): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2016
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari(GCFR.) It's high time someone checked the excesses of "First Ladies."

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Wadeoye(m): 11:33am On Oct 16, 2016
A lot of Nigerians like deceit. They just want someone who will deceive them and go behind them to do something else.

The man is telling you his wife have no business in politics. She has never been a politician and she can't become one just because the husband is the president.

She should focus on her role as wife of president. What concerns her about political appointments - who is appointed who is not.

She can only advise and if the president says NO, it is NO.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by GoodofNaija: 11:39am On Oct 16, 2016
I love PMB!

He's hitting it hard on wailers! grin

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by OXYZ: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2016
Wadeoye:
A lot of Nigerians like deceit. They just want someone who will deceive them and go behind them to do something else.

The man is telling you his wife have no business in politics. She has never been a politician and she can't become one just because the husband is the president.

She should focus on her role as wife of president. What concerns her about political appointments - who is appointed who is not.

She can only advise and if the president says NO, it is NO.
Buhari is too blunt,he should be shooled in the art of diplomacy.

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by richidinho(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2016
Am not understanding again o
Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Wadeoye(m): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
OXYZ:
Buhari is too blunt,he should be shooled in the art of diplomacy.

Say it straight - he should be schooled in the art of lying - period. This is what you want.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by ASL33: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Adminisher:

But she just embarrassed pmb.
Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by OXYZ: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Wadeoye:

Say it straight - he should be schooled in the art of lying - period. This is what you want.
Even a primary six pupil would weigh his choice of words careful before uttering them not to talk of president of a country.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by Wadeoye(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
OXYZ:
Even a primary six people would weigh his choice of words careful before uttering them not to talk of president of a country.

Me, I will advise that you learn to say the truth.

Even if you lie (what you call diplomacy), it doesn't change the truth.

No religious book talks against speaking the truth even if it hurts.

We are where we are today because all values have been lost. We are now in a world where lying is seeing as being wise. Where criminals are worshiped so long they can talk their way out.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by EWAagoyin(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
voting buhari was one of my biggest mistakes of my mid 20's... so stupid with his choice of words.... yes buhari is definately an illiterate that will never learn... watched him on tv even correct english na problem 4 dis old goat mouth abeg do and go.... i vote him because of tinubu honestly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by jidxin(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
ever stubborn president

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by DropShot: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
ASL33:
But she just embarrassed pmb.
That will be her first and last time. Watch out!
Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by jidxin(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
EWAagoyin:
voting buhari was one of my biggest mistakes of my mid 20's... so stupid with his choice of words.... yes buhari is definately an illiterate that will never learn... watched him on tv even correct english na problem 4 dis old goat mouth abeg do and go.... i vote him because of tinubu honestly
nd d mistake would still be repeated in d coming election. ...smh 4 Nigerians

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by DropShot: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
EWAagoyin:
And you're pained because Tinubu is not having his ways. We understand.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen by PaulIdu: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari might be inept and clueless but I must say he is no hypocrite as he holds his ground despite worldwide uproar his kitchengate comment has drawn

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Lagos State Overhyped? / We Are Ready For War If Buhari Dies / Buhari Caught Using IPHONE Instead Of HTC Like They Made Us Believe(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.