Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa (23661 Views)

Ten Amazing Things Many Don’t Know About Africa!!! / 10 Fact About Africa. I Bet No Nairalanders Know These Fact. / Amazing Facts About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Lovexme(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Don't mind those none Africans. You would think they teach history and geography in their schools undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Funniez: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Proudly African

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by rapmike(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Africa is a country.... I laugh in greek.

The simple fact is that a lot of them don't know much about Africa or Africans, they just take us as a backward race not knowing how immensely good we can be. And our Govts do not help matters with the seeming lack of intelligence they display at times.

God help us!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by MEILYN(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Blockus: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Youngsage: Cont...

9. ... Who speak African

African is not a language full of click-
clicks and kluck-klucks. Hell,

This is also not a lie

[img]http://media./media/13R14thCbQkrug/giphy.gif[/img]

[img][/img]

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
White peeps think that Africa is one big country with mud huts everywhere. Whose women expose their breastices and whose men hunt elephants with spears..

Another misconception:they think we are dumb brutes who have no sense.. But person wey sabi us go know say... Our own matter don pass tortoise own

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Dreal1247: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
The truth is contrary to general belief or assumption that the outside world knows much about our continent and country, some people are only knowledgeable about just their immidiate country or state. Some dont even know much about their own state. But this in really an eye opener to the outside world.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by lalasticlala(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
no 6, tsetse fly and mosquitoes dealt with the Europeans when they came during d colonial era, some of them ran back to their countries and this led to d shortage of European personnels which also contributed to Indirect rule.

Well, I don't blv Africa is d den of diseases.
nooo
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Blockus: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Youngsage: Cont...

6[b]8. All Africans are dark skinned...

Ever heard of South Africa being referred to as the 'Rainbow Nation'?
Well, several countries in Africa have been home to European settlements.
The Dutch came to South Africa, the
French came to Côte d'Ivoire, the
Portuguese came to Namibia, and the
list goes on. Besides the Europeans,
African nations also have several people
of Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian origin.
If you're looking for diversity, this is
where you find it.

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by passionate88: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by PasD(m): 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pls who is Africa? Is he a musician?
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by duby91(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pronmix: Same annoying Misconception I hate @Karchisbarbie thinking Africa is one small uncivilized country somewhere. Imagine chatting with some white skin head on Facebook and he kept making statements like "wow you speak good English" and tell me "do you have a pet lion" and being the sarcastic id10t I am lol I kept feeding his stupidity more even told him my family is into lion rearing, that it is our family business. The id10t would call somebody's name and ask if I know him. I'll be like wtf we learn about you fools in school don't they teach yous about us?.

Lmaooo
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by 9jahubcom(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
na wa sha
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Blockus: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
This Is Africa...

African Swimming pool

[img]http://media./media/HOMc0PBzsvFKg/giphy.gif[/img]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by youngvizzy1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Africa is blessed, but the corrupt practices of our leaders are giving us bad reputation among other nations of the work, africa is beautiful, africa is great, we just have to stand for what is right and see the changes we'll make. The destiny of this continent lies in our hand, so let's make a great change today, do something Good and watch as we strive like other nations of the world smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by EbolaParasite: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
ikp4succes: You knw if Nigeria developed like those countries who are ignorant, we to we will be ignorant about it too. If you are rich what concerns you with other stuff cheesy

Excuse you but Nigerians are already ignorant. There really is no difference between us and the developed world when it comes to "ignorance" jare. How many Nigerians that live in LAGOS KNOW anything about any other STATE in NIGERIA besides the obvious online rants?
The answer to that question will tell you why this topic is unnecessary and why we should give them a slack if they know nothing about africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by uzolexis(f): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=789902454366403&set=vb.100000399680843&type=2&theater

I came across this interview and boy was I impressed at Farrakhan's response to this Mike Wallace. Bless his heart,he totally stood up for Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os5DlODMoNg -----watch up to the beginning to the 3rd minute.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Celepope: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The misconception I hate most is Africa is a country...
When watching all this award shows, you see things like 'Davido from Africa'...
I don't get it, is Davido from the whole of Africa
Leave Britney Spears, that 1 no get sense. E get people wey go talk da kind tin and I would take it personal.

It's so bad that, sometimes if you watch all these movies that deals on travel, they will say 'I'm going to Africa', the next thing you will see is one jeep in desert just like that your pic...

Ah, then the misconception that we feed on donations, oh good Jesus. International celebs always wanna donate something to us...
Trust me many Nigerians are fund of this mistake.I believe they are even the promoters of that myopic talk of referring Africa as a country.I know a couple of Africans around where i live if you ask them "Where have you been?" they will simply reply you that "i went to Ghana,Cameroun(Payee)" but that can't be said of many Nigerians.When you ask them where are you from they will simply tell you "i am from Africa." Maybe they are ashamed of their country.Just maybe. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by hensben(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
the only thing i disagree with in your post is africa is a country, the rest are true and not myth
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
These misconceptions are very true. undecided

It goes both ways, though.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Africa don suffer, well expect major cities in Africa other places are still backwards in terms of development

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by iconize(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
I don't think it's a misconception that Africa survive on charities.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lovexme: Don't mind those none Africans. You would think they teach history and geography in their schools undecided

Is European or Asian history taught in Nigeria's schools?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa by gmacnoms(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
neohitler: Africa is a disgrace to humans.
u r a disgrace to ur fada, moda, family, d world and ursef

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lead City University Final Year Student Dies In Car Accident In Ibadan (Photos) / Ileri Babalobi GWR: I Am Visiting 54 African Countries Without Using A Plane / Aftermath Of The Fire Incident Along East-west Road Eleme (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.