Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. (27762 Views)

Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno / Lagos To Become Africa’s Largest City – Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by emmatok(m): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

You must be igodye. Are you a clown, and please start considering yourself as one. You are looking at size right!!! Now lemme kindly ask you? Can you proudly call the whole ibadan a city?? With the slums, mud houses et al.

Why the insults,
Educate yourself, Ibadan is city divided into 5 local governments.
I thought you created this thread for intellectual discourse, not knowing its another ANTI-IBADAN rant by Bigots.

9 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

Bros, with 2million naira you can own an estate at ibadan. This is not a joke.

I didn't call egbeda when I was mentioning Lagos island. Still on the matter, egbeda is well developed than ibadan.
you are turning the whole thing to a joke. Serious.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by abes(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

Bros e never reach quarrel. Wetin I wan go back for? After mokola, oluyole, where else can be called a city? Did I hear u say ojoo or challenge or uch?

oh i see, you don't even know Ibadan. All those areas you mentioned are part of Ibadan city. Mokola is not a city on its own but an area in Ibadan city, so are other areas you mentioned. It is like saying Upper Iwekka is a city in Onitsha, which is just an area in Onitsha. Get it?

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by sseunth(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

I didn't call egbeda when I was mentioning Lagos island. Still on the matter, egbeda is well developed than ibadan.
abeg stop jokin...2million is jst d price for a plot of land in d slum area in ib...say anoda tin

9 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
ketoprofen:

The concept of city is new to the east? Agreed.
But the east ended up building more planned n finer cities than the west ( except Lagos island).
Give them kudos

Ketoprofen nwanne, you would have noticed I didn't reply Ibedun. They want us to come and develop ibadan for them.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by tpia1: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
chinasaekperem: Well, Ibadan is the largest dead city.

Deader than you?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
ibedun:

Understandably the concept of city is very new to our Eastern brothers.

Ibadan was named the second largest city in Africa for sometime behind Cairo.

Cairo is an old city like Ibadan. Just like Timbuktu and Kano in the century before last.
don't make it an igbo thing. I know ibadan is a big city and I'm arguing with the Op on that
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by tpia1: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

As good as dead and buried.

Like yourself?
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by tpia1: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
emmatok:

Why the insults,
I thought you created this thread for intellectual discourse, not knowing its another ANTI-IBADAN rant by Bigots.

Are you new to nl?
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by abes(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

Bwaaaahhahahahahhaah. I knew it, you were the one I saw in that mud house right!! Prove me wrong, my 2cents.

...ok
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
sseunth: abeg stop jokin...2million is jst d price for a plot of land in d slum area in ib...say anoda tin

LaiLai. A plot of land ke!!! It can buy 20plots in that ibadan. And don't think or brag u stay in the city in that ibadan. If not na village champion u be o
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

I said Lagos and not Lagos state. And please be corrected, ibadan is a place in oyo state. Lagos island is a city. Thank me later
see u lagos city comprises of the islands (lagos, ikoyi, VI and Apapa) and d mainlands (oyingbo, ebutte metta, yaba, surulere and co) lagos island is just an area which is part of the city.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
abes:

yeah you are right.. this is the proof...

I thought you are genuine....

BwaaaAaahhahahahhahahaha kudos bro. Enjoy
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
emmatok:

Why the insults,

don't mind the Op, I thought same too. But seeing it is a troll, and I'm not ready to feed the troll, I'm out.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
tpia1:

Like yourself?

Bros e never reach like that na, haba!!! Ok make we reason together. Ibadan needs more development, its leading to past glory, some new cities are meeting up too fast, for example, look at uyo. Just look at uyo. Yes uyo.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
meforyou1: don't mind the Op, I thought same too. But seeing it is a troll, and I'm not ready to feed the troll, I'm out.

*holds your trouser* where you dey go bros?

I posted this on political section as an eye opener, ibadan needs to be restored to what we know it as. And it takes the youth to know this. If ibadan be created as a state by the confab meeting, it still doesn't change anything with bad leadership.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by red101(f): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
This topic is very silly. Nobody ever said Ibadan was the largest city in Africa. Maybe in the past but no today.
Ibadan is ranked #16 largest city in Africa. Lagos is #1 in terms of population.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by gbanikiti(m): 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
red101: This topic is very silly. Nobody ever said Ibadan was the largest city in Africa. Maybe in the past but no today.
Ibadan is ranked #16 largest city in Africa. Lagos is #1.

Silly? Some peeps still argue that ibadan is Number 1. Ask people around you and hear some funny answers.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
gbanikiti:

The same way the capital of kano is. Which is kano. The whole ibadan isn't developed, just a few area and that can't be matched as a city. There's nothing city in ibadan walai

you are so clueless dude.
what is the definition of a city?
ibadon is a city because it has a population of over 1 million people, because it has a large settlement area (though the layout may be poor or lack basic infrastructure).

dont confused poor planning, lack of infrastructure and old houses together.

Nigeria is a country of slum...every city you go to in Nigeria is a form of slum, the situation is worse in the North

b

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by red101(f): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

Silly? Some peeps still argue that ibadan is Number 1. Ask people around you and hear some funny answers.

really? do you realize that you are the only one arguing by yourself on this thread?
looks like you're just trolling.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by abdulwastecx(m): 12:02am On Aug 29, 2014
red101: This topic is very silly. Nobody ever said Ibadan was the largest city in Africa. Maybe in the past but no today.
Ibadan is ranked #16 largest city in Africa. Lagos is #1.

officially cairo in Egypt is the largest city in Africa ( population wise) because her official population is 12million compare to lagos official pipulation of 8milion.

The number position of Lagos is the anticipated one that has not been confirmed by census.

In term of the size of the metropolitan area Cairo is no 1 follow by ibadon
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by red101(f): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2014
^
This is where I got the information. They used the entire population of lagos state I believe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_Africa#cite_note-4
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by abdulwastecx(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

Bros e never reach like that na, haba!!! Ok make we reason together. Ibadan needs more development, its leading to past glory, some new cities are meeting up too fast, for example, look at uyo. Just look at uyo. Yes uyo.

I hate when people talk about past glory... Nigeria never had any good past.. no city in Nigeria ever had uninterrupted electricity, giid road network, strong industrial parks, nice recreational area, good layout, sewage system, metro rail or long public buses, portable water supply etc.

Nigeria has always being a poor underdeveloped third world country

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by nduchucks: 12:50am On Aug 29, 2014
What the heck is going on down here? I thought gbanikiti is the alias of berem.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by omololu2020(m): 1:11am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

You don't know how to sleep. And please understand me, ibadan generally is big no doubt, but the little developed areas in ibadan aint upto 2km. There's really nothing in ibadan at all. And am so serious about it. The land at ibadan is just a waste. How can u call ibadan a city where a flat of 2bedroom goes for 50k a year?
i dont know who u r,or ao old r u,plz except enugu,can u name one city in enugu state,u r so ignorant were in ibadan did u went to sef,hav u been to oluyole,agodi,alalubosa,bodija etc,,,,ibadan z one of Nigeria major city,wen u typ,typ wit ur sense ok,,,,apart from calabar,can u name one oda city in cross river,apart from kano can u name one oda city in kano state,i dont know u igbo problm wit yoruba land sef

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by tpia1: 1:13am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

do you actually have a job or does your job entail working for boko haram?

why dont you look at your hometown instead of galloping everywhere with longerthroat and bad belle?

if anything concerns me with uyo, wouldnt you have seen me open senseless threads like yours to trumpet that fact?

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by omololu2020(m): 1:15am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

You must be igodye. Are you a clown, and please start considering yourself as one. You are looking at size right!!! Now lemme kindly ask you? Can you proudly call the whole ibadan a city?? With the slums, mud houses et al.
r u now sayin dia r no slum in lagos island

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by tpia1: 1:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by omololu2020(m): 1:18am On Aug 29, 2014
gbanikiti:

guy stop displayin ao stupid u r,y r u igbos on nairaland lik dis sef
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by aljharem(m): 1:35am On Aug 29, 2014
@ OP

Ibadan is a city. Lagos is a state and Lagos Island is a town

Lets be clear. Ibadan is still and will still be the biggest city in west africa.

You have not been to the whole of Ibadan, trust me, molete, challenge, bodija, cocoa house, etc is not the whole of ibadan

Also notice ibadan is a continuous city unlike Lagos were LGs are WELL divided
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by red101(f): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2014
yea that's true. the answer will be different depending on whether you are talking about size of land mass vs population.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by Segadem(m): 3:30am On Aug 29, 2014
Ronke001: Lagos state not lagos city.
Thank u my sis,this issue has been discuss sometimes ago.Now this is d solution. There are many cities in Lagos state i.e.Surulere, ikotun, igando, ikorodu (just to mention but a few )and all these cities have kings compare to Ibadan that can only have streets or maga streets. A state can house many cities but a city can not.

So, Ibadan is a city while Lagos is a State that housed many cities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Wife Relocates To Aso Rock Ahead Of Husband / Fani-kayode Has Some Loose Nuts In His Head - Lauretta Onochie / Tambuwal: DSS Operatives Were With Deborah Samuel but were overpowered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.