Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? (1287 Views)

Emotional Or Physical Violence: Which Do You Prefer From Your Partner? / Going Through Emotional Or Financial Drain / Emotional Or Stern? Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Any way you look at it, cheating is a good way to ruin a relationship. Often, when one partner cheats on the other, trust is lost and there is little chance of regaining it — this is likely not news to anyone.
But there is more than one category of cheating.

First, there is sexual cheating, where the man feels no emotional connection with the woman and is basically only interested in her for sexual purposes and the excitement that sleeping with her may offer.

The second type of cheating is emotional, where a man finds himself becoming emotionally connected to another woman. He may greatly enjoy her company, talking to her, and sharing his concerns and thoughts about life with her. He will begin to feel as though he would rather spend his spare time with her than with his girlfriend or wife.

In a survey I recently conducted, a little over 75% of women said that emotional cheating would leave them feeling more betrayed than sexual cheating. However, many of the women also reported that it is very hard to separate the two types of cheating because both would affect their feelings for their partner on both levels of the relationship. What's your take on this?
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by 100Cents: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
Single ladies are the worst culprits of emotional cheating.

They deal with relationships selfishly and act like they know it all. When you demand her attention, she claims you are controlling or restricting her. Life is whatever works for you.

They will dress very seductively when they are still in a relationship, and keep attracting other men and giving out their digits so their phone rings every time in the presence of their partner giving them an over bloated false sense of importance.

If married.men engage in emotional cheating, then are they lacking in intelligence.

No one deserves my attention more than my wife to be..

1 Like

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Dygeasy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
One leads to the other. Emotional cheating leads to Intimate cheating.

Once my _dick rises at the sight of another lady other than mine. That's 'emotional lust' which leads to 'physical lust' and the end result is what you term intimate cheating.

So no one can quite choose one. Both are wrong and bad in every sense of the words.

The poster above me dey vex sha. grin
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emotional cheating is worse and can drive the victim crazy

3 Likes

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Personally, I think emotional cheating may lead to sexual cheating. Let's face it, when you begin to open up to someone other than your spouse and that someone makes you happy and puts a smile on your face everyday or every time you are with them, you'd become cold towards your spouse and everything they try to do wouldn't be appealing. And this emotional satisfaction which is being derived from the other person, in most cases, leads to intimacy..... Both are terrible, very terrible.... Cheating is just wrong....

2 Likes

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Mtcheewww(m): 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
kika23: Personally, I think emotional cheating may lead to sexual cheating. Let's face it, when you begin to open up to someone other than your spouse and that someone makes you happy and puts a smile on your face everyday or every time you are with them, you'd become cold towards your spouse and everything they try to do wouldn't be appealing. And this emotional satisfaction which is being derived from the other person, in most cases, leads to intimacy..... Both are terrible, very terrible.... Cheating is just wrong....

Emotional may lead to intimate, and vice versa in some cases. And tho I agree they're both bad, I think cheating with intimacy alone is more forgivable.
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by MrCork: 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
kika23: Any way you look at it, cheating is a good way to ruin a relationship. Often, when one partner cheats on the other, trust is lost and there is little chance of regaining it — this is likely not news to anyone.
But there is more than one category of cheating.

First, there is sexual cheating, where the man feels no emotional connection with the woman and is basically only interested in her for sexual purposes and the excitement that sleeping with her may offer.

The second type of cheating is emotional, where a man finds himself becoming emotionally connected to another woman. He may greatly enjoy her company, talking to her, and sharing his concerns and thoughts about life with her. He will begin to feel as though he would rather spend his spare time with her than with his girlfriend or wife.

In a survey I recently conducted, a little over 75% of women said that emotional cheating would leave them feeling more betrayed than sexual cheating. However, many of the women also reported that it is very hard to separate the two types of cheating because both would affect their feelings for their partner on both levels of the relationship. What's your take on this?

angry

1 Like

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
MrCork:

angry
What's wrong?
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by djeezy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Whether emotional or intimate, cheating is cheating. They are both bad. Emotional cheating is quite worse because it posses a potential end to your current relationship. When it comes to intimate, you can always chop and clean your mouth, unlike the emotional one where you're so attached to your cheating partner.

3 Likes

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by 100Cents: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
donroxy: Emotional cheating is worse and can drive the victim crazy

Especially when the culprit seems not to even understand what the victim is complaining about..
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
100Cents:

Especially when the culprit seems not to even understand what the victim is complaining about..
True that. Not so many people even understand what emotional cheating is all about. They don't see it as anything as long as it's not "intimate cheating" undecided undecided
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Tinalex(f): 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
@ Op why is the survey you carried out only reveal women's views, men are not humans?
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emotional cheating is worse.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tinalex: @ Op why is the survey you carried out only reveal women's views, men are not humans?
Pardon me.... I'd post It soon...
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
"I know many women think that men are just Neanderthals, but the thing is this: we fall in love, too. An emotional affair is a situation where there are love feelings between the man and woman that have not been displayed as physical yet.

I think men are more likely to fall into this type of situation because it relieves their stress and makes them feel less alone. We need you gals, OK?

The truth is that we would like to make love with our "emo friends" because that would express what we feel for the woman. We don't because we know what trouble it would cause- more trouble than it is worth.

But know that we fantasize about getting under the covers and wrapping our arms around you. This is only normal"
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by kika23(f): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
That's what a man said About it.....
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by youngds: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
So?
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Youngpo413: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2014
If you fall inlove with someone else,just breakup with your current partner first...with that he or she will respect you the more,instead of cheating physically or emotionally.
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by khiaa(f): 12:50am On Dec 25, 2014
Mtcheewww:

Emotional may lead to intimate, and vice versa in some cases. And tho I agree they're both bad, I think cheating with intimacy alone is more forgivable.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by quivah(f): 1:38am On Dec 25, 2014
all of the 'can't ever be forgiven' above..sad
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 25, 2014
My eemotions ar save
They can neva be toyed with
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by mafioso47(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
badoolee:
My eemotions ar save
They can neva be toyed with
its 'safe' #olodo lolzz. Now someone wud kee me 4 dis lol
Re: Emotional Or Sexual Cheating: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
mafioso47:
its 'safe' #olodo lolzz. Now someone wud kee me 4 dis lol
must sumbody cumman embarass me all d way
U knw I knw aw to handle yhu

(1) (Reply)

Guy's Disrespect Towards Ladies / An Eye Opener: Has It Been Limerence Or Crush All This While... / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Ask A Guy Out????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.