Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,845 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos - Agriculture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (145148 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Soloxam(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Manuge:
I hav just started d process of planting my water melon on 300 by 300 land space.
300 centimeter, Meter, Kilometer or mile?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by hoyeesther(f): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
hello, please I need to ask this, it is raining much now in my area, and if it is not raining the weather is cool, will it be good to plant now? and secondly, will the bushfire be sprayed on all the land even where the seeds are planted?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Zuris: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
world1:

Let him try the new Thailand variety

Please how can I get this?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Hasheer(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2015
@op pls I am from kwara nd planning to start dis bee by October or november..pls wld it be too late to start?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2015
I really like what the OP, soloxam and the rest are doing here. I have been going thru the thread fr some time nw and I gat to say, I was motivated.

My mum has abt 7hectares of land in Edo state which has been fallowing fr sme time nw. I decided to try out wat I have been reading here. I wanted to buy some seeds frm mr soloxam but the small money that I saved frm my feeding in schl was nt enough, checking transport and everything, so I just bought some at the market in Benin.....abt 4000 seeds or so. Fortunately fr me, by the time I travelled to my mum's villa, they jst finished clearing her land and I quickly planted the seeds I bought. That was around semptember19-23. I also took sme to my dads place in Abia state where I cleared the land and planted there also. Just want to see which of the regions will be best fr watermelon's growth. Though it has been raining almost everyday there....bt I was able to get sme pics of the ones that have germinating.

#these ones were planted last week monday being 5th of october and they've produced sme leaves as at 12th wen I went to check them.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lanre2009: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
I wish you the very best

Russell145:
I really like what the OP, soloxam and the rest are doing here. I have been going thru the thread fr some time nw and I gat to say, I was motivated.

My mum has abt 7hectares of land in Edo state which has been fallowing fr sme time nw. I decided to try out wat I have been reading here. I wanted to buy some seeds frm mr soloxam but the small money that I saved frm my feeding in schl was nt enough, checking transport and everything, so I just bought some at the market in Benin.....abt 4000 seeds or so. Fortunately fr me, by the time I travelled to my mum's villa, they jst finished clearing her land and I quickly planted the seeds I bought. That was around semptember19-23. I also took sme to my dads place in Abia state where I cleared the land and planted there also. Just want to see which of the regions will be best fr watermelon's growth. Though it has been raining almost everyday there....bt I was able to get sme pics of the ones that have germinating.

#these ones were planted last week monday being 5th of october and they've produced sme leaves as at 12th wen I went to check them.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Manuge: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
I was so happy when i got to my water melon farm and saw them growing faster, hmmmmm
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
if u Have upto 2000 or more units of watermelon please contact me asAp on 07064652557. ready buyer for u

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by jethro2: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Our November training which will be the last for this year
is mainly for those that would love to do irrigation farming
and make the dry season vegetable millions.
Tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, radish, okro, marrow, green vegetable, ewedu etc are some of the crops that we will be working with
Its coming at the right time.
The November training will also be the last on farm
practical training for the year.
We will be working basically on:
1. Selecting your seed.
How do you determine which seed to use?
What quantity do you need for an acre or hectare?
How do you space your seed planting?
Is it compulsory to do nursery?
When do I transplant my nursery?
2. The soil
What type of soil is required for specific crop?
How do you recognise an infected soil?
How do you treat your soil?
What quantity of organic matter does your soil requires?
3. Farm planning and set up
Do I need irrigation for my farm?
What type of irrigation will be suitable for my crop?
How to set up the irrigation system
What quantity of water does my crop required?
How often do I irrigate?
4. Staking and mulching my tomato farm
Why do I need to mulch?
What is mulching?
What can I use to mulch?
Why do I need to stake?
What type of staking is good for my crop?
Which one comes first? Staking before transplanting or
transplanting before staking
5. Fertigation/fertilizer application
Must I use fertilizer?
What type is the best?
Where can I source for it?
What's the difference between organic and conventional
fertilizer?
How do I make my own organic fertilizer?
What quantity of fertilizer do I need to apply?
How do I apply fertilizer?
The above are some of the questions that will practically
attended to during the one month practical training.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Eefosa1: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2015
Sholaystar4me:
if u Have upto 2000 or more units of watermelon please contact me asAp on 07064652557. ready buyer for u

i need water melon and tomatoe seed here in lagos reach me on 08028131974
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Please contact cc soloxam and or cc world1

Eefosa1:

i need water melon and tomatoe seed here in lagos reach me on 08028131974
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 13, 2015
Good
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by securi: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
I guess there is watermelon glut, every markrt is over supplied
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hw are ur melons?
Manuge:
I was so happy when i got to my water melon farm and saw them growing faster, hmmmmm
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by horlasunkanmi(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2016
can someone pls help me with this,im intending to plant watermelon on a 2hectares of land but i'll like to know how much the project is likely to cost me and also what will probably be the ROI i intend to plant by early march God willing but im still contemplating other crops so i want to know which one will be best for me thanks in anticipation
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Holarwale01(m): 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Am new here...I wish to also plant watermelon this year.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pilotzaco01(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2016
Any one interested in needs of HYBRID and OP watermelon/cucumber seeds and seedlings contact ; zk FARMshop; 08092300312
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by knostbrown01(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
pilotzaco01:
Any one interested in needs of HYBRID and OP watermelon/cucumber seeds and seedlings contact ; zk FARMshop; 08092300312
where is your location and how much is ur seedlings?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by jowhyte(m): 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Watermelon business seems to be a lucrative agrobusiness. I stumbled on watermelon production a-z guide here http://watermelonbusinesssecret.com/guide.htm

Goodluck
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by aopes: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
I observed that everybody is excited sharing their experience at the initial stage of planting, but at the later stage, people are reluctant or mute and I've not really read about a success story. What is it? Is there something you guys are not telling us? Is it that horrific especially at the later stage? Please I need a comprehensive experience -especially the concluding part. Thanks for the job done so far.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by mrMayD(m): 6:32am On Apr 04, 2016
Good day,mr mangam,sir I will love to discuss somethinh with you,and how can I get your contact sir,I really need it.thank u
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by kingzfarms(m): 11:29am On Apr 19, 2016
for highest quality hybrid water melon,okra carrot,cabbage,cucumber,onion, tomatoe and hot pepper seeds contact Kingsley on 08130993006!!!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by knostbrown01(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
kingzfarms:
for highest quality hybrid water melon,okra
carrot,cabbage,cucumber,onion, tomatoe and hot
pepper seeds contact Kingsley on 08130993006!!!

where is ur location?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sagaciousabdul: 10:32am On Apr 20, 2016
please can you still spray bushfire on the watermelon farm in it's early stage of germination.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by faithglobal: 3:57pm On May 26, 2016
We are a water melon producing farm in Ibadan and we have commercial quantity of Water melon for sale. This are F1Kloss hybrid . Very big and juicy - Please see attached pictures

Please contact us on info@fglobalinks.com or on the following numbers for sale

Collins : 0807 641 7058

Sunday : 0805 540 3422 or 08080362698

Jide : 0818 443 5058

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Ezinwa25(f): 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
This is the best thread so far,mehn I will not miss this watermelon cultivation......
I will need a hybrid seed....
my WhatsApp number 07036689233

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by SuperSuave(m): 12:29am On Jun 11, 2016
gebest horllamy tibaonnet Adet5
This thread is really helpful and will give practical guide to anyone intending to go into watermelon farming. You need to check it out.

Thanks to Mangam for this great thread and those who contributed positively to it, I've learnt a lot.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by kolacluxe: 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
To the experts in the house, can one still plant water melon between now and july? Am in osun
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 6:16am On Jun 26, 2016
depends on the specie of water melon want to plant.
hoyeesther:
hello, please I need to ask this, it is raining much now in my area, and if it is not raining the weather is cool, will it be good to plant now? and secondly, will the bushfire be sprayed on all the land even where the seeds are planted?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 6:21am On Jun 26, 2016
i bet u that u would need to go for a training b4 u deIve into such a high task
horlasunkanmi:
can someone pls help me with this,im intending to plant watermelon on a 2hectares of land but i'll like to know how much the project is likely to cost me and also what will probably be the ROI i intend to plant by early march God willing but im still contemplating other crops so i want to know which one will be best for me thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by adedapodvirus001(m): 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
please when is the late planting season for watermelon in the north

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.