Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance (35506 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by 5minsmadness: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:
A normal person would have stayed away just to preserve what little chance they had at escaping the disease in case they hadn't already got infected
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yep.
A normal person according to our times wink

Not everyone is selfless.
A normal person is afraid and self centred first.
That thing that will make you withdraw your hand from a burning stove(the law of self preservation) is the same thing that will make you run from a highly infectuous disease like ebola.

Only LOVE,grace,bravery,sense of duty and lots of more LOVE will make one sacrifice themselves or put themselves on the line for another person.

5minsmadness:

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:

There was panic in the air when the ebola news broke.
*when she came and said she nursed one,a normal person would have flipped.
But he was cool.
*When she started showing symptoms and he became suspicious,he didn't run to avoid getting infected with the the virus.
*When she lay dying and he was still fit and about,he didn't shy away from her when it was obvious the hospital wasn't doing their best.
*He was doing this even when his own status hadn't been confirmed. A normal person would have stayed away just to preserve what little chance they had at escaping the disease in case they hadn't already got infected

You are pretty and intelligent and I admire that. You would have made a good lawyer.

Now let run the Usual circusgrin

The man and his late Fiancee are probably live in lovers. Since the late woman is pregnant which is obvious, he was actually taking care of her every needs. Probably the eat together, bath together and he even made love to her...a preggy woman needs it abi?

The report stated that Patrick Sawyer was confirmed of dying of Ebola after 3 days. So it was just a normal thingy that a patient died in a hospital the wife attended to. they still carried on with their matrimonial activities. It was after Sawyer death that the Ebola disease was well pronounced that he did his own research. After the research, he was quite convince that his "wife" and possibly him has also contracted the Virus owing to his responsibility to her. When the wife was fully pronounced to come down with the virus, he continues with the caring knowing fully well he is also a victim which he alluded. But when his result came back negative, he ran and started seeing the women through the windowgrin

I bet you the last time he saw his dying woman and offer to clean her up, he must have been dressed up with the Ebola suit from health officials. That guy only performed his responsibility towards the Fiancee because he was oblivious of the impending threat.

*sorry for my typing, I dey whack rice*grin

4 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by FKBZ: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
ledafaze: How I wish someone can just take the virus to Aso Villa
I wish so too,useless people.Ebola no know poor or rich.
Instead to use the money for d isolation centre they are using it to buy cars,may does cars drive them to hell
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
SeaGold:

You are pretty and intelligent and I admire that. You would have made a good lawyer.

thank you

Now let run the Usual circusgrin

The man and his late Fiancee are probably live in lovers. Since the late woman is pregnant which is obvious, he was actually taking care of her every needs. Probably the eat together, bath together and he even made love to her...a preggy woman needs it abi?

The report stated that Patrick Sawyer was confirmed of dying of Ebola after 3 days. So it was just a normal thingy that a patient died in a hospital the wife attended to. they still carried on with their matrimonial activities. It was after Sawyer death that the Ebola disease was well pronounced that he did his own research.

oga the news of patrick's disease was out before he died.
I read about his condition when he was alive and read about it again after his death was confirmed.
In fact health officials said he urinated on the health workers when his condition was made public.
The news wasn't published after his death.

After the research, he was quite convince that his "wife" and possibly him has also contracted the Virus owing to his responsibility to her. When the wife was fully pronounced to come down with the virus, he continues with the caring knowing fully well he is also a victim which he alluded. But when his result came back negative, he ran and started seeing the women through the windowgrin

he must have been told to stay away by doctors so that they can do their job. Sensible yes and is the right thing if the care was adequate. But it wasn't and when he couldn't bear to look at her thru' the window anymore,he went in to do it himself

I bet you the last time he saw his dying woman and offer to clean her up, he must have been dressed up with the Ebola suit from health officials.
you think?
Well I don't know. We weren't there. But I'm pretty sure many folks won't even want to step into the isolation ward no matter the dress up. Seeing the fuss made about disinfecting his home,the taxi etc etc. He knew of the gravity of the disease. Not many a person would do that.

That guy only performed his responsibility towards the Fiancee because he was oblivious of the impending threat.

obligini? You read where he said he suspected and even googled the disease when it persisted after his suspicion?
Taking her to the hospital instead of calling the hospital to come and take her doesn't show you that he kept on being there. Very close too. even after he knew what was wrong with her?

*sorry for my typing, I dey whack rice*grin

enjoy smiley smiley odi very important cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:

Patrick Sawyer was admitted to the hospital on a Sunday, on Monday she resumed work and Patrick Sawyer was her first patient she attended to. Patrick died on Friday and it was 3 days after it was discovered he'd die of Ebola related disease.....Read up the first paragraph of this article please.

Then fast forward to 18th of August when he did his own research and discovers his wife might be down with the dreaded disease. He took her to the hospital and when she wanted to hug him, he withdrew and reminded her of the danger to himselfgrin read the article down further.

Now all this have given them over 2 weeks of co-habiting ignorant of the danger lurking. When his fears was allayed, he continues the caring knowing fully well his own health has deteriorated since he came down with unusual temperature.

Nne, that man acted ignorant and take precautionary step the moment he had the all clear from health workers

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by yungchop: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Seun, mukina2 mynd_44 frontpage please! #RIP Justina #WULLNP @ Denis
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Y'all are missing one important thinh in this story......there is power in the Holy Eucharist!!!

5 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by nickvanilla(m): 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
No no no this is just too much too bear! *grabs hankerchief*
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by iceberylin(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria Doc winning the war over Ebola since 1000BC grin
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Sketch007(m): 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Cudnt hold it wen I read to d point of Justina sttayin all alone in her poo wit no care.. Ain't dis so bad She died in active service n ma prayer is dat she rest in perfect peace.. Picked a point abt d taking of communion, it sure helps in situatns like dz blivin dat no illness cud penetrate christ's body wen he was alive, dead n now RESSURECTED !!

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Keky(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
So Sad Mehn
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by PastorAji(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thank God NMA/Doctors were on strike,,,,,,,,,the situation would have been more critical than this (Though i am not in support of the strike)
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Obinoscopy(m): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: Meanwhile our isolation center is just shameful.
Instead of using the N1.9 Billion to equip the center so the situation Justina faced could have been better managed the Minister wants to buy more cars probably bullet proof, Hmmm.
Did it not occur to you that those vehicles could be for easy mobility of the public health workers who are conducting routine surveillance on the primary and secondary contacts?

Don't you know that effective mobility of health workers like the epidemiologists and other public health experts will help in preventing a possible epidemic and save the lives of those who begin to manifest the symptoms (ebola patient's chances of survival is greatly increased if they are quickly identified and transported to the health facility)?

Did you make any inquiries and research to know what those cars will be used for?

And who said the cars are bullet proofed?

Please let's be more constructive in our criticisms and pessimism.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by segzyj(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
We Bless God for your life
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Namzy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
May her soul RIP knew her during our camp days worked in the same clinic. She was so jovial and full of life. Actually hugged me at our pop. So sad she had to die in this manner. Haven't cried in a long while but this made me teary-eyed. If that billions of naira is been squandered God you know the rest
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by AriDsexy(f): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
So touching,I don't even know what to type...Wow
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Waspy(m): 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
ledafaze: How I wish someone can just take the virus to Aso Villa
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by assana: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
SeaGold:

The sentence you quoted means: Every right thinking man will do exactly what he did to his Fiancee.

I can't imagine my pregnant Fiancee going through pains/ dying while I relax comfortably on the couch glued to supersports.
. Biko kwa not all men can do dis, i wish i have dis kia of Dennis for a hubby,huuuuuuuh reserve my comment.God blx u Dennis

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obinoscopy: Did it not occur to you that those vehicles could be for easy mobility of the public health workers who are conducting routine surveillance on the primary and secondary contacts?

Don't you know that effective mobility of health workers like the epidemiologists and other public health experts will help in preventing a possible epidemic and save the lives of those who begin to manifest the symptoms (ebola patient's chances of survival is greatly increased if they are quickly identified and transported to the health facility)?

Did you make any inquiries and research to know what those cars will be used for?

And who said the cars are bullet proofed?

Wow, well written and elaborated. I'm very much impressed with the logical tone you conveniently played to overshadow the corrupt history of our government. wink

I mean who doesn't know about the normality of looting in this country - you tell me. I can as much bet my last penny that there is an apple stuck right in ya throat concerning the ‘appropriate’ usage of the health fund.

If we Nigerians are lucky enough, only 50% of the fund would be used appropriately as you elaborated. The other half, whosssss!

We shouldn't pretend and deceive ourselves. My thought.

4 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by mindworx: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE ..

I think we need to get this to the Federal Government and The Health Minster ...
That man is pushing out 'seemingly positive news about how well, he is handling Ebola cases.
Dennis has just told us that Justina was left to 'die' ... Yes! She was left to die .. What care is there when you leave patients on their poo? What care is there when you leave a pregnant patient for an unborn baby to die inside her? This is the height of wickedness ... We should not just take this as a mere story ... This calls for a protest! She doesn't deserve to die. Our Immune system is strong enough to fight Ebola, all we need is intensive care! Afterall, Dennis did not use Zmapp.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Suarezilla(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Scary!!! ...I am jst speechless as this got me thinking of so many things. She died a painful death, how can a traiined doctor refuse to administer treatment to a patient? Its undastandable whn its d man on d street bt I totally don't get it when its a so-called trained doctor who knw d preventive measures to avoid contacting it when its known to be what it is. So touching that I feel for d man
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Orikinla(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Everyone who voted for the PDP and for the election of all those who have failed in their public service are as guilty as them and you will be judged along with them.
This is the bloody mess you have made when you refuse to vote for incorruptible leaders and chose to vote for corrupt leaders who misappropriate public funds and bastardize democracy by their corruption and maladministration and share their ill-gotten riches with their wives, adulterous mistresses, political jobbers, political sycophants, political thugs and terrorists and other agents.

3 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by ManTiger(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Summary or i no dey read!
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by soulglo: 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
This woman got no care at all. How does it make sense not to evacuate a dead fetus? Also when they went back yo consultant hospital they were sent away How do medical practitioners know that someone is very likely fighting active EVD and send them back into general population. A woman who is bleeding sent back to general population. We have 2 other cases of medical practitioners helping to further spread the virus by not following protocol. I feel so angry on this poor woman's behalf. May her soul rest in peace. EVD probably didn't kill her. The sepsis from the dead fetus probably did. Shameless hospitals and medical workers. Shame shame shame on you all

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by enomakos(m): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
lack of care is the cause of death

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by soulglo: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: Meanwhile our isolation center is just shameful.
Instead of using the N1.9 Billion to equip the center so the situation Justina faced could have been better managed the Minister wants to buy more cars probably bullet proof, Hmmm.

Why is it being set up in Abuja? Why not Lagos were it is more populated and where we had all the initial cases of Ebola. These government officials likely want to spend it all in a center in Abuja so that if there's an epidemic they could block of Abuja and keep themselves and family in there. I know it sounds stupid and senseless and anywhere else in the world it would be inconceivable but this is phucking Nigeria where stupidity and ridiculousness is considered normal

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Obinoscopy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

Wow, well written and elaborated. I'm very much impressed with the logical tone you conveniently played to overshadow the corrupt history of our government. wink

I mean who doesn't know about the normality of looting in this country - you tell me. I can as much bet my last penny that there is an apple stuck right in ya throat concerning the ‘appropriate’ usage of the health fund.

If we Nigerians are lucky enough, only 50% of the fund would be use as you elaborated above. The other half, whosssss!

We shouldn't pretend and deceive ourselves. My thought.

I never said no one is corrupt. Why would I? I don't have evidence to prove that they ain't corrupt. However, that doesn't mean I have evidence that they are corrupt at the moment. I don't. But if I do, I will lay my criticisms albeit constructively.

Now let me ask this question. Do you think a govt official would announce his corrupt intentions to the public? What do you think of the car that was to be purchased by the Ministry of Health in its fight against Ebola? Do you think it was unnecessary and corruption-driven? If you do, then it means you think the health minister has the effrontery to announce to Nigerians that he's misusing and embezzling their money to their face. And where are your facts and evidence?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by delishpot: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
So sad. Its a pity the horrors she went through. She and the other patients in that turture chamber set up by the government of Nigeria for their own citizens

Chei Nigeria, when will God destroy these evil men who treat fellow humans like rags while they take extra good care of themselves?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by otokx(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
soulglo: This woman got no care at all. How does it make sense not to evacuate a dead fetus? Also when they went back yo consultant hospital they were sent away How do medical practitioners know that someone is very likely fighting active EVD and send them back into general population. A woman who is bleeding sent back to general population. We have 2 other cases of medical practitioners helping to further spread the virus by not following protocol. I feel so angry on this poor woman's behalf. May her soul rest in peace. EVD probably didn't kill her. The sepsis from the dead fetus probably did. Shameless hospitals and medical workers. Shame shame shame on you all

The medical workers do not have the tools to work with and government has said they will use the money to buy cars so what do you want them to do. Our government has been lying to us for a very long time and we too engage in self deception and delusion after which we start shouting Jesus, Holy Eucharist and the rest.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Orikinla: Everyone who voted for the PDP and for the election of all those who have failed in their public service are as guilty as them and you will be judged along with them.
This is the bloody mess you have made when you refuse to vote for incorruptible leaders and chose to vote for corrupt leaders who misappropriate public funds and bastardize democracy by their corruption and maladministration and share their ill-gotten riches with their wives, adulterous mistresses, political jobbers, political sycophants, political thugs and terrorists and other agents.

I did not vote for PDP, according to Wole Soyinka, how can you vote PDP and go back to switch on your generators at home?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by onnairaland(f): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
I can't help but notice the part played by healthy living. He does press up every morning.
Hmmmmh.....

It's good to live a healthy life style. Eat well and do your exercise.
Just saying..........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / Isaac Brown, Feels No Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.