Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance (35507 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Now let me ask this question. Do you think a govt official would announce his corrupt intentions to the public? What do you think of the car that was to be purchased by the Ministry of Health in its fight against Ebola? Do you think it was unnecessary and corruption-driven? If you do, then it means you think the health minister has the effrontery to announce to Nigerians that he's misusing and embezzling their money to their face. And where are your facts and evidence?

I understand your view about the useful purchase of the medical vehicles. And on that, I Totally agree they are for our best interest as citizens. No argument on that.

However unlike you, I do believe that somewhere there in the speech from the health ministry, lies a seemingly corrupt motive to embezzle. I have my reasons/evidence. I'm not talking from tendencies or history.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Obinoscopy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

I understand your view about the useful purchase of the medical vehicles. And on that, I Totally agree they are for our best interest as citizens. No argument on that.

However unlike you, I do believe that somewhere there in the speech from the health ministry, lies a seemingly corrupt motive to embezzle. I have my reasons/evidence. I'm not taking from tendencies or history.
Ok, can you share your reasons/evidence with me?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by mike404(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
echobee: Unbreakable luv
THATS IGBO MAN FOR YOU. MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER (GOD)
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by ogaronye(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
@SeaGold, what type of stupid arguement are you displaying here. May it not happen to you because you will fail woefully.

The doctors should not be blamed because they were not having adequate protection, that's why they were all falling victim to the virus.

Dennis survival has nothing to do with imiune system. It's his strong faith in the Holy Eucharistic Jesus that made him whole, adding to his kindness to humanity (one of the corporal works of mercy)

Only God knows why Justina died in this cruel way.
Nobody can question God

May the soul of Justina, her unborn child and the souls of all faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: I personally don’t believe in taking medications. I had the mentality that I wasn’t sick. I told the government what I was experiencing. On the day they came to pick me up for treatment, all of a sudden, my temperature went back to normal. The shivering and pains were all gone.
I told them that it wasn’t my result and that I was healthy. I was even doing my usual exercises (press-ups) every morning. I kept telling them that I wasn’t sick.

@ the bold, Placebo Effect, very powerful.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obinoscopy: Ok, can you share your reasons/evidence with me?

Sure I can, but that's not something that I can just type for you to read and believe Sir. It require much more than that. It Demands more than letters.

Please though don't get me wrong. The only thing I want you to hear me out is that only about 50% (at maximum) of the fund would be used to contain Ebola by the health ministry. That's all. smiley
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Hopeyeme: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
God dey sha..shul i say i blame our past hero dat fight 4 independent struggle?if dey knew dat der future raising son like our heads of govt wi b like i believe dey wont bother theirselve.rip to her.nd concerning her husband ummm he is d best

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Obinoscopy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

Sure I can, but that's not something that I can just type for you to read and believe Sir. It require much more than that. It Demands more than letters.

Please though don't get me wrong. The only thing I want you to hear me out is that only about 50% (at maximum) of the fund would be used to contain Ebola by the health ministry. That's all. smiley
You may be right......................................

................................................................But yet again you might be wrong.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obinoscopy: You may be right......................................
................................................................But yet again you might be wrong.

Honestly, I sincerely hope I'm Wrong.
I want the funds to be use appropriately and future cases like ‘this’ adverted. Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Joel3(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
there are handful of nigeria doctor ready to treat ebola but they want insurance from the federal government for their safety and other benefit Incase they catch the sickness.

But what did your government do? Nothing they rather treating doctors with sacks. Even when their salaries had not been paid.

Nigeria is a dead country with all abundant resources
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Btruth: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
#Jesus! The mighty healer. But come to think of it, will our minister after reading this still be bold to spend all the N1.9b on cars? How come all our leaders are so clueless and so heartless. sad

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
MARKone:

You see why they victims keep escaping from these isolation centres. The system is just too faulty.

@ topic, I have to give it to Dennis, he really tried. Not every man or woman can be this supportive.
I tell u... He was very BRAVE ooo n he displayed 'True Love' may d soul of his fiancee RIP & thank God for his life

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
ogaronye: @SeaGold, what type of stupid arguement are you displaying here. May it not happen to you because you will fail woefully.

The doctors should not be blamed because they were not having adequate protection, that's why they were all falling victim to the virus.

Dennis survival has nothing to do with imiune system. It's his strong faith in the Holy Eucharistic Jesus that made him whole, adding to his kindness to humanity (one of the corporal works of mercy)

Only God knows why Justina died in this cruel way.
Nobody can question God

May the soul of Justina, her unborn child and the souls of all faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

You shouldn't call an argument silly when in effect your comprehension skill of the discourse should be adjudged silly. I didn't downplay the bravery of the guy nor the circumstances surrounding the whole unwanted situation, I argued some grey areas conflicting with my fellow discussant.

I think it is this your religious hypocrisy that need to be checked. His strong faith in the holy eucharistic bla bla bla is nothing but concocted blabbing. By living with unmarried woman and fornicating is enough reason to disqualify all his religious ceremony and that leaves us with the judgement of God!

For him being alive, firstly God gave him the grace of a second chance to turn around and embrace him truly and secondly, he has a strong immune system to fight off the virus.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by duncan511: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
ALL IS WELL. RIP TO NURSE MAY GOD PRESERVED UR SOUL NURSES.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by soulglo: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
otokx:

The medical workers do not have the tools to work with and government has said they will use the money to buy cars so what do you want them to do. Our government has been lying to us for a very long time and we too engage in self deception and delusion after which we start shouting Jesus, Holy Eucharist and the rest.

IT DOES NOT MATTER. Telling a woman who very likely is sick and bleeding out to leave a hospital and go back into general population is the same as mass murder. For a medical practitioner to do that should even warrant jail time. She should have been isolated immediately. If they had yo keep her comfortable in a small storage room until they get orders from superiors on how to transport her to isolation then do that. This has nothing to do with government but the stupidity of health care workers.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by AriDsexy(f): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:

There was panic in the air when the ebola news broke.
*when she came and said she nursed one,a normal person would have flipped.
But he was cool.
*When she started showing symptoms and he became suspicious,he didn't run to avoid getting infected with the the virus.
*When she lay dying and he was still fit and about,he didn't shy away from her when it was obvious the hospital wasn't doing their best.
*He was doing this even when his own status hadn't been confirmed. A normal person would have stayed away just to preserve what little chance they had at escaping the disease in case they hadn't already got infected
*when she was lying weak on her own fieces,he went in putting his health aside,and cleaned her up,how many men would do this?That is spectacular to me,ignore him.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Oh ho.
Thank you
AriDsexy:
*when she was lying weak on her own fieces,he went in putting his health aside,and cleaned her up,how many men would do this?That is spectacular to me,ignore him.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by SPSpecial(m): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Amazing. Congratulations for surviving.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by DoctorTim: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
God Bless you Mr Dennis. You are were awesome to her and you will find a good wife that will make you happy. What u have gone thru is sad.. But God will reward you with long. Life.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chai..GodBless n Keep you Mr Dennis...RIP Justina angry
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by illuminaty(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dah,still trying 2 tk a good look @ dis MR DENNIS guy........he looks so much like my LOST friend during my university of calabar days/banking and finance...........R.I.P miss justina n 2 dennis,u did well,tk hart n stay strong
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by amalex(f): 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
GOD healed u because of ur selflesness... Its was a painful experience

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dygeasy: I just sat back now and asked myself, Would I have done this if I were the man? Could I have done the same?

I'm still sitting back and I haven't been able to answer the question.

About the first man I'd be acknowledging a fellow man as amazing.

Dennis is amazing. I respect him.

He is truly amazing

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Forwetinnah: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
GboyegaD: Our health officials are inhuman. Are they saying there wasn't any means to protect themselves and evacuate the dead foetus? It is well.

Truely sad...and they were so carefree to announce her death as if the virus is being advertised. Lack of medical care killed her embarassed embarassed . GEJ had better do something serious about the health sector. .about time some these people start paying dearly for negligence, it shouldn't be all about the money.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
The main reason y people usually run away for this quarantine tin is the fear that they might lack care n they might probably be killed

I almost cry, first day at work! haaaaa
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Jaygrl(f): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
RIP to my senior colleague Justina,the graduates of Nursing department EBSU will forever have you in our hearts cry...Mr Dennis may God bless you mightily.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Forwetinnah: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
mindworx:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE ..

I think we need to get this to the Federal Government and The Health Minster ...
That man is pushing out 'seemingly positive news about how well, he is handling Ebola cases.
Dennis has just told us that Justina was left to 'die' ... Yes! She was left to die .. What care is there when you leave patients on their poo? What care is there when you leave a pregnant patient for an unborn baby to die inside her? This is the height of wickedness ... We should not just take this as a mere story ... This calls for a protest! She doesn't deserve to die. Our Immune system is strong enough to fight Ebola, all we need is intensive care! Afterall, Dennis did not use Zmapp.

I concur!! The Minister I'm very sure knows NOTHING about the state of the Ebola crisis centers. All he does is SIT IN HIS OFFICE and receive REPORTS, anyone can write any nonsense for him to announce to us. .The health sector lacks dignity I swear, no matter the amount pumped into it. .The workers MUST LEARN TO BE RESPONSIBLE FIRST!!
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Forwetinnah: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Orikinla: Everyone who voted for the PDP and for the election of all those who have failed in their public service are as guilty as them and you will be judged along with them.
This is the bloody mess you have made when you refuse to vote for incorruptible leaders and chose to vote for corrupt leaders who misappropriate public funds and bastardize democracy by their corruption and maladministration and share their ill-gotten riches with their wives, adulterous mistresses, political jobbers, political sycophants, political thugs and terrorists and other agents.

Here we go again?? Don't you think health workers should do their jobs as life-savers 1st before promoting your party? I'm sure you've visited our hospitals and you know how some these health workers behave. Do you think giving them all they want would change their lack of discipline? The Minister down to hospital administrators are all guilty of indiscipline
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by FunkyJustice(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
So this means we don't even have adequate facilities and health officials to handle issues lik dis in dis country since all dis administration from 1960.

I dnt believe the country is finding it difficult to take care of the few that contacted the virus even after all publicity,very bad.God bless mr Dennis and all those that contribute to better humanity.

Note:Jesus is alive in the holy eucharist.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
So you're saying you could have walked into that isolation ward to clean up your fiancee's poo?
SeaGold:

Patrick Sawyer was admitted to the hospital on a Sunday, on Monday she resumed work and Patrick Sawyer was her first patient she attended to. Patrick died on Friday and it was 3 days after it was discovered he'd die of Ebola related disease.....Read up the first paragraph of this article please.

Then fast forward to 18th of August when he did his own research and discovers his wife might be down with the dreaded disease. He took her to the hospital and when she wanted to hug him, he withdrew and reminded her of the danger to himselfgrin read the article down further.

Now all this have given them over 2 weeks of co-habiting ignorant of the danger lurking. When his fears was allayed, he continues the caring knowing fully well his own health has deteriorated since he came down with unusual temperature.

Nne, that man acted ignorant and take precautionary step the moment he had the all clear from health workers
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
duncan511: ALL IS WELL. RIP TO NURSE MAY GOD PRESERVED UR SOUL NURSES.
Hmm... embarassed//RIP Justina. Mr. Dennis' shown "how to love" indeed. May God reward you plenty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / Baby With Deformity In Aba, Abia Dies 30 Minutes After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.