Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly (10344 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by floriana(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2009
Forum members, what do you thing: Should National assembly members and staff start wearing "slap-guard" or take group "slap insurance policy" in view of the regularity of slap within the complex?

REP SLAPS SECURITY MAN.

A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Chinyere Emmanuel Igwe, caused a stir yesterday at the entrance of the National Assembly as he traded blows with a security official.

Igwe, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member, represents Port Harcourt 2 Federal Constituency, Rivers State.

He said he was embarrassed by the security operative.

The security personnel, Mr. Chinelo Nwulu, said he was attempting to establish the identity of the lawmaker as he (Igwe) tried to enter the National Assembly.

Witnesses said Igwe was apparently angered by the request of the security operative that he should identify himself before entering.

They said Igwe gave the security operative "a dirty slap on the right side of his cheek without uttering any word."

Igwe was said to have threatened to deal more blows on Nwulu, but was prevented by other security men who rushed to save their colleague from the grip of the lawmaker.

He was casually dressed in black trousers and a flying khaki short-sleeve shirt.

He also wore a jungle face cap and slippers.

He reportedly fumed: "Imagine that boy. How could he claim not to know me? Does his duty not include recognition of faces of members? He has just embarrassed me, and I won’t take it. This case will not end here. I will take it to any length, including the National Assembly Service Commission, where he would be disciplined."

The incident happened at 11 a.m. It lasted 30 minutes before other National Assembly security operatives and the police intervened to calm the lawmaker.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/17745/1/Rep-slaps-security-man-/Page1.html

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by ikeyman00(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2009
more monkeys in the house

what do u expect?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by udezue(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2009
What an IDIOT. The guard no get hand to slap him right back?

1 Like

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Wilfem(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2009
udezue:

What an IDIOT. The guard no get hand to slap him right back?

HMMM cheesy You wan make he loose him Job?

1 Like

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2009
floriana:

REP SLAPS SECURITY MAN.
They said Igwe gave the security operative "a dirty slap on the right side of his cheek without uttering any word."
shocked shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Ibime(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2009
Ikwerre Ninja!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mystikal(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2009
what do you expect from a group that houses these lots
[flash=350,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcroSnd8XW8[/flash]
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Gbawe: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2009
Wilfem:

HMMM cheesy You wan make he loose him Job?

Worse . He will end up at Kirikiri to be treated as Nigerian public enemy number one while men like Ibori and Tony Anenih continue to enjoy the finest steak and wine with Yar Adua in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kokoA(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2009
Our lawmakers again. embarassed I pity the poor boy sha.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
mystikal:

[flash=350,300]
i remember this 1. . . that man wey wear agbada receive punches no be small. . . grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Eagle1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
@poster

I'm happy for the security man. Money don land. Just sue the idiot's fcukn ass. Assault, battery, the whole works. Long live Gani Fawehinmi!!!

1 Like

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
He should compensate him oh.

Though one doesnt know the whole story sha.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
Eagle1:

@poster

I'm happy for the security man. Money don land. Just sue the idiot's fcukn ass. Assault, battery, the whole works. Long live Gani Fawehinmi!!!

The incident happened in Nigeria tongue

Politicians are above the law wink
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na wa ooo
So Ikwerre man don carry him barbaric attitude go National Assembly
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
gangstars acting as law makers
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Eagle1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
aysometin:

The incident happened in Nigeria tongue

So? 4get the bragadocio. No one's above the law. Imagine he claimed he was provoked. I don't know when these a-holes will realise that this is 2009 and a democracy.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Krayola2(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
mystikal:

[flash=350,300]
grin grin grin grin

See as blow dey fly. . . .
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by naijaking1: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
Please don't generalize this action to Ikwerre people, that will be unfair by itself. Ijaw, Yoruba, Hausa, and Ogoni people could do the same thing or even worse.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by jamace(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Imagine a lawmaker breaking the law with impunity. sad sad
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by bidemi12(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
ONLY IN NIGERIA. Yesterday a lawmaker called Obama a lier to his face at a joint session of the house. Who would dare in Nigeria.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by matiltomd(f): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
I pity the security guard, him for know say "thugs no dey wear uniform". definitely he doesn't have "oju inu". him suppose don sight say na Thug dey show, pele o, Nwulu, sad sad sad

Eagle1:

@poster

I'm happy for the security man. Money don land. Just sue the idiot's fcukn ass.  Assault,  battery,  the whole works. Long live Gani Fawehinmi!!!

Money ke? I doubt that one o, that's if the poor dude doesn't lose his job grin grin
this is naija oga, if Nwulu should think of money,then he's on his own, na tall order be that o!!!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Ejike3: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Most people know how to blame others. Some months ago they blame military and other security operatives for beating civilians without asking what the civilian did. If the security man slap the lawmaker back, they will blame him without asking what the lawmaker did.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kshow1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
thats what we get when the people in political offices are glorified thugs
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by iniguy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
The lawmaker was in a fighting mood, for the security chap, sorry, hope next time u'll recognise  "Honourable" Igwe's face
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Ejike3: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
You see, the politician believe he is so special and known by everyone in this country, only because he is a politician. The people he is representing don't even know him.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
Some of these security men in Nigeria don't have manner of approach sha, not that he deserves to be slapped. There are better ways of handling the situation. undecided
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by anishe(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is just unbelievable and it goes to justify the belief that we have a house of rep and senate dominated by hooligans and hoodlums.

i am sure the stupid and foolish rep. member stole the peoples's mandate to be there. i am sure he would have rigged the election. BASTARD.

The poor security guy should just get in touch with Festus Keyamo or Femi Falana and sue this foolish hooligans who calls himself an honourable member.

anything can happen in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Ben13: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
He reportedly fumed: "Imagine that boy. How could he claim not to know me? Does his duty not include recognition of faces of members? He has just embarrassed me, and I won’t take it. This case will not end here. I will take it to any length, including the National Assembly Service Commission, where he would be disciplined."

This Naija pple at time amaze me o shocked Is it not the Job of a security officer to ask for the identity of people he/she feels he don't know?

What stops the Chinyere or whatever to explain or identify himself. Why the slap? na real wah for Naija politicians. sad

The security guy has become popular figure as a result of the slap. angry

How will the family feel now?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
i'm not surprised. this are the same people who will claim they're representing the
masses. now we know all that talk about masses is just for convienience.
thugs and hooligans in government!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by vanitty: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
mystikal:

[flash=350,300]

God really did bless us with many many funny politicians, not efficient but atleast we can all laugh!  cheesy

@ post

Instead of him to be apologising he is still fuming, he will report him to wetin? agbaya.
Only in Nigeria sha, let that kind thing happen in civilised environment, the security man life don better be that.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
this is food for thought for the next crop of lawmakers/brakers.
pls, when are we expecting the video clip of this national disgrace its a must watch.
a smart lawyer or journalist  could change his financial status for life through this shit
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by bigben3: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
Quote from: floriana on Today at 10:10:39 AM
REP SLAPS SECURITY MAN.
Shocked Shocked
why the man no turn the left cheek for balancing grin grin embarassed
bunch of unserious lots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment / Ken Nnamani Celebrates 67th Birthday Today! / Which Ethnic Do You Love Among The Ethnics Group Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.