Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here (20048 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Its not a drag race, your ability to get to maiduguri on time is key, if you like get a v12 no problem(you will fuel up many more times) your ability to get through checkpoints, bad roads, traffic,insurgents is all part of the race. Speed might not help in this race.

Endurance and high MPG is the key here
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by auhanson(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Any one interested in a proper race sign up. Lagos - maiduguri.

Date sun 10th may 2015 take off time 6am from national stadium.

I should really loved to join this this race if i were residence in Lagos
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by DGD1(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2015
auhanson:

I should really loved to join this this race if i were residence in Lagos

would have loved to join this race but still hopeful, @ least my *pure water* will be given a little more respect on this thread,
Oga GAZZUZZ would holla at you if I can make it down.
pls, where are those German fanatics
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by auhanson(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2015
DGD1:

would have loved to join this race but still hopeful, @ least my *pure water* will be given a little more respect on this thread,
Oga GAZZUZZ would holla at you if I can make it down.
pls, where are those German fanatics

Lolz smiley
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by olamega(m): 10:13am On Jun 08, 2015
Anybody Interested?

Ilorin To Abuja:

Route: Omu Aran- Ekiti- Kabba- Okene- Lokoja- Abuja

Distance: ~500km

ETT : ~7hrs

Car: BMW E46
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by XerXesNG(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
So this thread exists. Following.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
car:2011 dodge challenger srt8 hemi
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
olamega:
Anybody Interested?
Ilorin To Abuja:
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lagos to Abeokuta via sango otta...

Real trip starts at ifo...to minimise traffic variables
ETA. 30 mins

Vehicle I will use is a mere 1994 Honda accord 4 cyl

A 4 cyl non turbo contestant required.

CC ZeusAyo
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Denn:
Lagos to Abeokuta via sango otta...

Real trip starts at ifo...to minimise traffic variables
ETA. 30 mins

Vehicle I will use is a mere 1994 Honda accord 4 cyl

A 4 cyl non turbo contestant required.

CC ZeusAyo

see this guy ooo, I can BET it you will get beaten like you have always been beaten before. if am opportuned to be heading to Abeokuta I will race you with a new beetle second generation 2.0L inline 4 cylinder engine. I believe your accord should only surpass it with .2 or be on par. But currently trapped in the North so train and be prepared lol
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
nurey:

see this guy ooo, I can BET it you will get beaten like you have always been beaten before. if am opportuned to be heading to Abeokuta I will race you with a new beetle second generation 2.0L inline 4 cylinder engine. I believe your accord should only surpass it with .2 or be on par. But currently trapped in the North so train and be prepared lol

Hnmmmmm.

OK. Let me know when you want to be beaten.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Denn:

Hnmmmmm.
OK. Let me know when you want to be beaten.
rather it's the other way round
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
nurey:

rather it's the other way round

OK.

My choice of ifo as the starting point is premised on mk minimising your 'reasons' for losing.

I don't want you to claim sango traffic delayed you.
I don't also want you to claim you got lost on the way
I don't want you to get distracted by the beautiful girls trying to hitch a ride.

Now that your loss options are minimised, the only complaint you can give is car related....

Complaints like your radiator being just 2 cells instead of 3.

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Denn:

OK.

My choice of ifo as the starting point is premised on mk minimising your 'reasons' for losing.

I don't want you to get distracted by the beautiful girls trying to hitch a ride.

Now that your loss options are minimised, the only complaint you can give is car related....

you are still as funny as the excuses you give then when you get beaten by me. but I would have love the Abeokuta-shagamu interchange road, it will give your car all the length it needs to get to top speed that way you won't cry blue murder when I beat you hands down in a flawless VICTORY
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by mammanbawa: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
wink
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by XerXesNG(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
Anyone coming to the south anytime soon?

Warri Benin Asaba -ish routes
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
XerXesNG:
Anyone coming to the south anytime soon?

Warri Benin Asaba -ish routes

That route is not for speeds below 120

Nurey and co keep off...
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by rainmaker12(m): 12:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Denn:

I will beat you with my 1.4l kia Rio on lagos to ibadan.

Remember I chose a 1.4l kia Rio...

Whenever you are ready for the challenge, let me know
dem don repair d road now....no go try am o b4 ur car start to reverse on full throttle.... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by seyiojomu(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ok, I dont know if this thread is still interesting. However, am looking for who will love to compete in a race, lagos to ibadan on a set date.i will be driving a 3.2L Acura TL base model.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
seyiojomu:
Ok, I dont know if this thread is still interesting. However, am looking for who will love to compete in a race, lagos to ibadan on a set date.i will be driving a 3.2L Acura TL base model.

is this ride supposed to scare US? when you have a better challenger, let me know. my choice ride starts with N, ends with N and has a capital letter G to the T to the R cool tongue
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by seyiojomu(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
nurey:

is this ride supposed to scare US? when you have a better challenger, let me know. my choice ride starts with N, ends with N and has a capital letter G to the T to the R cool tongue

You haven't heard the story of David and Goliath abi?... talk is cheap....pick ur date, bring your GTR, den finish the race before you brag
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
seyiojomu:

You haven't heard the story of David and Goliath abi?... talk is cheap....pick ur date, bring your GTR, den finish the race before you brag

You also have mouth like my friend Denn , but the outcome is always the same, me beating the competition blue black. I always jubilate before the race because I always win.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by seyiojomu(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
nurey:

You also have mouth like my friend Denn , but the outcome is always the same, me beating the competition blue black. I always jubilate before the race because I always win.

Still, pick ur date...I don hear u.

Am set tonight if you are game.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
seyiojomu:

Still, pick ur date...I don hear u.

Am set tonight if you are game.

I don't do nocturnal racing, I don't have a death wish. My car is in the garage getting a speed limiter fixed, so I guess racing you is off but you can try coldplay007, she is a second best, am sure she is game.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by seyiojomu(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
nurey:

I don't do nocturnal racing, I don't have a death wish. My car is in the garage getting a speed limiter fixed, so I guess racing you is off but you can try coldplay007, she is a second best, am sure she is game.

U dont do nocturnal racing, but consider urself a racer...hian, most possible drags in the world, especially Nigeria is done at night when traffic is usually mild or totally off.
A racer getting a speed limiter fixed, what does dat even mean?

Dude, you talk too much. Off please.

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
seyiojomu:

U dont do nocturnal racing, but consider urself a racer...hian, most possible drags in the world, especially Nigeria is done at night when traffic is usually mild or totally off.
A racer getting a speed limiter fixed, what does dat even mean?

Dude, you talk too much. Off please.

Dude you win, before you go drag me with you for story for the gods. Please exceeding 80km/h on lagos- Ibadan express way at light out (between 7:30pm and 6:30am) the stunt is called the quickest way to remain 6feet under. Even though the road is been fixed, there are death traps along the express and can only be avoided during day time. I have driven on that express several and nearly lost my life check my 1000km + journey thread on nairaland.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by seyiojomu(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
nurey:

Dude you win, before you go drag me with you for story for the gods. Please exceeding 80km/h on lagos- Ibadan express way at light out (between 7:30pm and 6:30am) the stunt is called the quickest way to remain 6feet under. Even though the road is been fixed, there are death traps along the express and can only be avoided during day time. I have driven on that express several and nearly lost my life check my 1000km + journey thread on nairaland.

Dude, you are not the only one that drives on that road. I still frequent the same expressway and can't count how many times in a year I ply that route anymore.
One, there is no total risk free racing.
two, when all you talk about is the reason why you can't race on a racing invite thread...I can't take you serious anymore
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by rainmaker12(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
Denn:

OK.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / Check Out This Ferrari Inspired Air Jordan XXXII / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.