Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK (19238 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Free Online Tutorials On How To Start Importing With Little Capital / Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tugrow(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
tugrow: A very big tanx you to everyone who has contributed to my help, now i think, if i should have a nigeria paypal account only, that i can used it to pay in ebay wil be ok because i'm nt into any online biz., all i need is to buy thing to resell, so can i do with nigerian paypal, and my uba africard without the use of payoneer. Tanx
hello boss, no information for me?
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by solbash11(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
tugrow: A very big tanx you to everyone who has contributed to my help, now i think, if i should have a nigeria paypal account only, that i can used it to pay in ebay wil be ok because i'm nt into any online biz., all i need is to buy thing to resell, so can i do with nigerian paypal, and my uba africard without the use of payoneer. Tanx
The answer to your question is Yes, ensure you linked that your uba africard to your Nigerian PayPal acct to verify the account accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
good thread op
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
tugrow: hello boss, no information for me?

As said,you can use your UBA Africard to verify your Nigerian PayPal account.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tugrow(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
hello huzs, i link my africard to it yesteday and the money waz deducted, but each time i log in to my paypal a/c, click the link /comfired card icon, is stil showing me [card to confirm] what does it mean
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 3:42am On Sep 06, 2014
tugrow: hello huzs, i link my africard to it yesteday and the money waz deducted, but each time i log in to my paypal a/c, click the link /comfired card icon, is stil showing me [card to confirm] what does it mean
do you received sms after deduction of the money?
if yes, there is code included in the sms, click the confirm card icon and enter or type in the 4 digits code to verify your paypal account
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Awho(m): 5:48am On Sep 06, 2014
@ op tanks for dis thread, i've actually been wondering how i'll go about this us importation thing. Because there is dis phone i'll like 2 buy on ebay so pls if u won't mind giving me a run down of it all. Thanks
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by infinitemiles: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2014
click here to get full details on how to go about it
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tugrow(m): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2014
tonjeola:
do you received sms after deduction of the money?
if yes, there is code included in the sms, click the confirm card icon and enter or type in the 4 digits code to verify your paypal account
pls i have nt seen any four digit code, this is email i got from my bank.
Dear Customer, Card Alert For Card Ending: 9120
Date:04-09-2014 04:15
POS Dedit NGN 166
Available Balance: NGN 2,868
Description: PAYPAL 4029357733 LU
For help, call UBA UFC : 01-2808822
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
tugrow: pls i have nt seen any four digit code, this is email i got from my bank.
Dear Customer, Card Alert For Card Ending: 9120
Date:04-09-2014 04:15
POS Dedit NGN 166
Available Balance: NGN 2,868
Description: PAYPAL 4029357733 LU
For help, call UBA UFC : 01-2808822
under description, you suppose to have something like: "PP*1809CODE" that was what i received as text message, may be you should still wait or contact your CC or call the phone number on the message you posted
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by pinkyni(m): 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

Ok!I understand your question as there are shipping companies in Nigeria that have USA & UK offices where they can collect your package on your behalf.Send it down to their office in Nigeria where you can do a pick-up or tell them to send it to you.

Hope you understand!
Mr adesida I thought you opened this thread to help people.you don't need holding back useful information.the guy wanted to know the exact reliable shipper you normaly use.ofcos there are many shippers but unreliable ones
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by pinkyni(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
greatestman:

Anyone that promote e-invest in Nairaland is a scammer and in no circumstance, should anyone do any kind of transaction with the person. they are scammers run for your life they, dupe me of my hard earn money and posterity will deal with you guys. I urge the moderator and the super moderator to ban this handle they are the bad eggs of Nairaland.
heya sorry you fell victim sir...goin through their sites carefully one will know they are scammers.I cld read one guy accussing them also on thier facebook acct.someone just have to be careful online.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by greatestman(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
pinkyni: heya sorry you fell victim sir...goin through their sites carefully one will know they are scammers.I cld read one guy accussing them also on thier facebook acct.someone just have to be careful online.

Thanks lesson learnt
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by wealthinfos(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
@Op is this a questioning thread or a teaching thread? You promised to teach the steps. We're expecting the step by by step methodes of importing frm US n UK to Nigeria. Thanks bro
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
tonjeola:
under description, you suppose to have something like: "PP*1809CODE" that was what i received as text message, may be you should still wait or contact your CC or call the phone number on the message you posted

He is yet to finalise that step.He should log into his paypal to still click on the link and confirm card option to then click on continue for the code to be sent.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by cybug: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
presegsAdesida,

you're not giving us full information, bro..

you're not hitting the nail in the head... Abi you wan sell ebook ni?

You're dodging some questions...

What is your method of buying and shipping from ebay to Nigeria?...
Cos, it seemed like you don't use those shipping companies you listed... Using those shipping companies will suck your profit. Except one want to ship for personal use.

I expected you to give a blow by blow process on how you were able to buy from ebay and receive your items in your door step... Briefly
Then questions and answers follows.

Except maybe you have hidden agendacheesy

2 Likes

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tonjeola(m): 1:57am On Sep 07, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

He is yet to finalise that step.He should log into his paypal to still click on the link and confirm card option to then click on continue for the code to be sent.
this is a new style, i received my code instantly after deduction, then login to paypal and click on confirm card, enter the code, submit and my paypal got verified
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by pinkyni(m): 3:50am On Sep 07, 2014
cybug: presegsAdesida,

Cos, it seemed like you don't use those shipping companies you listed... Using those shipping companies will suck your profit. Except one want to ship for personal use.

I expected you to give a blow by blow process on how you were able to buy from ebay and receive your items in your door step... Briefly

Gbam!!!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2014
tonjeola:
this is a new style, i received my code instantly after deduction, then login to paypal and click on confirm card, enter the code, submit and my paypal got verified

That is great!
Congrats and anyone having such issue should follow the steps I told him to do that he did before getting it done! !!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:19am On Sep 07, 2014
cybug: presegsAdesida,

Funny you!
I said it somewhere on frontpage that I'm not that good and have time on step by step guide but you can ask any question related to this moreover I will try doing that if I can.

I don't even have let alone selling any ebook on importation.Don't use style in asking me question...Please tender your question as if you are personally asking question on how to go about that.

For your information,I do use myus.com premium service often aside other ones because I consolidate and ship packages worth at least 1,000$.
My last packages containning 5 laptops,blackberry z10,wrist watches etc shipped last month via myus worth more than 1,500$ and I didn't pay any customs duties.There are features on myus that you can't just find anywhere.

I just got to know a private shipping company in Lagos closer to my office but I wan't to transact very well with them to know their pros and cons and some other things put in place before recommending them to Nigerians because I have my name and companies name to protect.

I'm sure you got that!

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2014
STEP 1 - Sign on to Ebay and Paypal using a verifiable card/account and address (in the States ebay calls you phone to verify you account I'm guessing they do same in Nigeria or as some one said on this tread they send a text message.

STEP 2 - Register with a Shipping company (myus.com is very good and there are others check them out and read client reviews on them call them and ask a lot of questions once you have chosen one that you are ok with register with them, they'll give you your own personal address that u can use as a US address.

STEP 3 - Register the address your shipper assigned to you on ebay or amazon or any online site. once that is done you are ready to start buying from the site. Please note you can register your Nigerian address but that will mean you can only buy from sellers that ship worldwide (to Nigeria very few on ebay).

STEP 4 - Buying a product - On ebay there are 2main types of sales; Auction and buy it now. Always read reviews on the product and the seller make sure you read every info on the item check shipping cost and the kind of delivery the seller offers. In auctions put in you bid and watch the product until it ends you'll normally be notified if you are the highest bidder, with "Buy it now" once you buy it you are to pay. In which ever case you normally pay through paypal as they are sister companies actually they are one company.
NOTE in most cases you can negotiate prices with the seller by making an offer or counter offer before buying.

STEP 5 - Paying for you goods you usually have a few days to pay for a bid won and please make sure you pay for any bid you win if you don't you might have your account blacklisted as a non paying bidder, click on pay for bid it'll take you to your paypal account log in and select your payment option mostly going to be your credit or debit card and pay for the item.

STEP 6 - once Paypal gets your funds they transfer to the seller who ships your goods to the address you have on ebay (that's you shipping company i.e Myus, Shoptome, Aascargo etc) they get your goods and based on you type of account ship to you or wait till you tell them to ship and they deliver to their warehouse in Nigeria and you go there and pick it up after you pay for shipping, sometimes you have to pay for clearing.

this is a brief description if you have specific questions just ask i'll try to answer where I can

8 Likes

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by cybug: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

Funny you!
I said it somewhere on frontpage that I'm not that good and have time on step by step guide but you can ask any question related to this moreover I will try doing that if I can.

I don't even have let alone selling any ebook on importation.Don't use style in asking me question...Please tender your question as if you are personally asking question on how to go about that.

For your information,I do use myus.com premium service often aside other ones because I consolidate and ship packages worth at least 1,000$.
My last packages containning 5 laptops,blackberry z10,wrist watches etc shipped last month via myus worth more than 1,500$ and I didn't pay any customs duties.There are features on myus that you can't just find anywhere.

I just got to know a private shipping company in Lagos closer to my office but I wan't to transact very well with them to know their pros and cons and some other things put in place before recommending them to Nigerians because I have my name and companies name to protect.

I'm sure you got that!

- don't say you don't know how to give step by step guide.

- cos i believe you've written so many ebooks on paypal related issues.

-how do you go about using myus? What are their charges?

-you normally make transactions of upto $1000... Good capital, cos you'll enjoy some discounts from whatever shipping methods you're using... But it seemed like it'll not favour people with low capital to start with..
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by cybug: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2014
nano4him: STEP 1 - Sign on to Ebay and Paypal using a verifiable card/account and address (in the States ebay calls you phone to verify you account I'm guessing they do same in Nigeria or as some one said on this tread they send a text message.

STEP 2 - Register with a Shipping company (myus.com is very good and there are others check them out and read client reviews on them call them and ask a lot of questions once you have chosen one that you are ok with register with them, they'll give you your own personal address that u can use as a US address.

STEP 3 - Register the address your shipper assigned to you on ebay or amazon or any online site. once that is done you are ready to start buying from the site. Please note you can register your Nigerian address but that will mean you can only buy from sellers that ship worldwide (to Nigeria very few on ebay).

STEP 4 - Buying a product - On ebay there are 2main types of sales; Auction and buy it now. Always read reviews on the product and the seller make sure you read every info on the item check shipping cost and the kind of delivery the seller offers. In auctions put in you bid and watch the product until it ends you'll normally be notified if you are the highest bidder, with "Buy it now" once you buy it you are to pay. In which ever case you normally pay through paypal as they are sister companies actually they are one company.
NOTE in most cases you can negotiate prices with the seller by making an offer or counter offer before buying.

STEP 5 - Paying for you goods you usually have a few days to pay for a bid won and please make sure you pay for any bid you win if you don't you might have your account blacklisted as a non paying bidder, click on pay for bid it'll take you to your paypal account log in and select your payment option mostly going to be your credit or debit card and pay for the item.

STEP 6 - once Paypal gets your funds they transfer to the seller who ships your goods to the address you have on ebay (that's you shipping company i.e Myus, Shoptome, Aascargo etc) they get your goods and based on you type of account ship to you or wait till you tell them to ship and they deliver to their warehouse in Nigeria and you go there and pick it up after you pay for shipping, sometimes you have to pay for clearing.

this is a brief description if you have specific questions just ask i'll try to answer where I can

Nicey nano4real... Your head dey there.
Will be coming with my questions later...

Don't you think this middlemen charges will not affect one's profit? Especially one that has a low fund like 20k to start with?

I'm more interested in the profitability aspect of what i'm importing... I don't like a situation whereby, at the end of the day, the cost of the item and shipping cost out-priced with what is obtainable in Nigeria.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by wetindey11: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2014
Where can I buy used phones & laptops in bulk frm U:S? Any site or online store?
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2014
cybug:

Nicey nano4real... Your head dey there.
Will be coming with my questions later...

Don't you think this middlemen charges will not affect one's profit? Especially one that has a low fund like 20k to start with?

I'm more interested in the profitability aspect of what i'm importing... I don't like a situation whereby, at the end of the day, the cost of the item and shipping cost out-priced with what is obtainable in Nigeria.

It really depends on what you are shipping most of the shippers from the sates ship based on weight and some will ship for less but take more time the trick is that you have to research and find a good one that meets your needs and optimizes your profit also with low cash like that you may want to try Aliexpress if what you are looking at isn't cheap from there
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
cybug:

- don't say you don't know how to give step by step guide.

- cos i believe you've written so many ebooks on paypal related issues.

-how do you go about using myus? What are their charges?

-you normally make transactions of upto $1000... Good capital, cos you'll enjoy some discounts from whatever shipping methods you're using... But it seemed like it'll not favour people with low capital to start with..

You are right but not much as you think.I do answer any question asked related to PayPal.
Myus has different membership plans ranging from standard,premium and premium plus.
The first one is good for anyone that do ship once in a while when the other ones are good for those that ship often and as well do ship much packages because of vip treatments and 20% discount on shipping fee.

As a matter of fact,myus is good for frequent shippers with most bulky items that also want their package(s) sent to them as fast as possible.
It is also good for those shipping things for personal use.
As you've said,it is not recommended for those shipping petty items for selling.
There are other companies like shoptomydoor,shippyme etc that is recommended for those buying petty items.
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
nano4him: STEP 1 - Sign on to Ebay and Paypal using a verifiable card/account and address (in the States ebay calls you phone to verify you account I'm guessing they do same in Nigeria or as some one said on this tread they send a text message.

Thanks for contributing to this thread be it drafted or copy and paste one because I said from my first write up that contributions are welcomed as well.

Aascargo is now shoptomydoor;take note of that please.

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by tugrow(m): 6:42am On Sep 08, 2014
tanx to presegsADESIDA and nano4him, i have now verify my n.g paypal account, now how do i fund my account

1 Like

Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2014
tugrow: tanx to presegsADESIDA and nano4him, i have now verify my n.g paypal account, now how do i fund my account

You are highly welcome!
You don't need funding your Nigeria PayPal account because it can't even receive fund.
Just do fund your bank account to which your card you used to verify your PayPal is
linked to and any payment you send or make will be charged from the card.

Best! !!
Re: Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK by walexsho(m): 9:02am On Sep 08, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

You are highly welcome!
You don't need funding your Nigeria PayPal account because it can't even receive fund.
Just do fund your bank account to which your card you used to verify your PayPal is
linked to and any payment you send or make will be charged from the card.

Best! !!

Also, If you request for refund due to breach of service conditions, how will you receive it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. / How To Build Your Business From Scratch / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.