Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria (39996 Views)

Amosun Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by edogho(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
2sExy1: where you the one that spoke with me today on facebook? the guy that asked if I was busy or it's network and i answered by saying both?
aye bro, that was i.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
edogho: aye bro, that was i.
lol... so what art did you mean I could learn in your post that I quoted? I tried looking for that dude's which you quoted to see if he quoted me... I didn't see it and hence, I don't see the correlation.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
edogho: know one thing, u are damn correct. 2sexy is smart believe me. he can learn this art and more only i feel he's overly distracted from a lot of things. i wish him success tho. it is well
bro, no be lie... I am distracted.. could you help me out? I am on facebook now. make I find u sef.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
edogho: aye bro, that was i.
been wetin for u on facebook ooo sad
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by AderibigbeAAA(m): 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=sirRiddy post=25953279]I wish I had a first class now... undecided[/quote
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Jeff1994(m): 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
samexlafaze:

U wey know book correct am now...or u can keep hiding ur grammatical errors under d disguise of using pidgin
Thank you bro...All these ITK imps!
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
The Nigeria graduates say they are educated, I say they are decorated irrespective of your class of degree.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by teneeorlah: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dnt let anyone discourage u.

Pray like u graduated with a fourth class and apply for jobs like no man's business. Very soon something gud will come up.

While doing dt find a small place to start even if its a voluntary kind of job. It keeps ur CV alive

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by FESTAC101: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Have you tried making a covenant with God? Enter into a covenant that if God gives you a job,this is what you will do in return....As a convent-keeping God,he will grant your heart desire.It worked for me it can work for you.NB:The battle is not for the strong nor the race for the swift...like somebody said,even in the grave,Jesus is. Lord!
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by sirnicson(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
OP HAVE YOU GOTTEN A JOB NOW?
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by sirnicson(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
FESTAC101:
Have you tried making a covenant with God? Enter into a covenant that if God gives you a job,this is what you will do in return....As a convent-keeping God,he will grant your heart desire.It worked for me it can work for you.NB:The battle is not for the strong nor the race for the swift...like somebody said,even in the grave,Jesus is. Lord!

Yes bro, currently applying this. God is our best chance, our green card to success not individual efforts nor a <4.49 CGPA
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by sirnicson(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
FESTAC101:

Yes bro, currently applying this. God is our best chance, our green card to success not individual efforts nor a >4.49 CGPA
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Yoighaman(m): 1:01am On May 04, 2023
Gorimakpa:
My dear you are still in a relatively good situation. You have been in the labour market for only three months, which I do not consider long enough to provoke angst or despondency......

As incredible as it sounds, I intentionally did not make 1st Class because I already knew the implications in a country like Nigeria. It puts too much pressure on you and makes it more humiliating when things don't go your way after graduation. I easily made a 'strong 2.1' even with more than enough social life and extra-curricular activities. In spite of my 2.1, I have not been able to secure the sort of job I have always wanted, and I do not think it would have been any different if I made a 1st Class; probably would have been more humiliating and difficult to bear. Countless times I've done well in aptitude tests and interviews, only to later find out that some barely-literate dolts (with due respect) who can hardly string a decent sentence in English got the jobs through their connections and other back-door means. Sometimes when you interact with the characters that get employed in these great establishments (NCC, NNPC, NERC, Nigerian Breweries, etc), feelings of humiliation and sadness overwhelm you because you know that under normal and fair conditions, they are no match for you.

I happen to have a high standard in terms of employment, with a preference for government MDAs or multinational companies. All the small one-man company jobs or bank/marketing jobs that I have come across are just not my kind of thing, so for some time now I have opted for self-employment - earning a decent living by providing niche services with my own knowledge and skills. The income is not bad at all; certainly better than most of these small companies and even banks can pay entry level employees, with plenty freedom and flexibility for that matter. Sometimes I earn up to N100k for a week's work; other times I earn much less or nothing at all during dry spells, but it's all good. I am still looking out for my dream jobs - especially federal government jobs. Unfortunately, class of degree or even competence are rarely considered for these kinds of jobs. You can be a dullard with a pass degree for all they care, as long as you can get one senator or traditional ruler to intervene on your behalf, you will get the job. It's really sad, but there has to be a way somehow, one day.

Bro. How far? Did you eventually land any lucrative job? Just interested and curious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Shortlists 162,399 Candidates For Aptitude Test / Sterling Bank is Giving 2nd Chance / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.