Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (630252 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
--continuation--
Clement has refused to return home or go back to the office right after his wife was transported to a motuary. Efforts made by Mike and Ngozi to make him go with them or at least sit back at home died on arrival.
He couldn't place the force that was controlling him, because the next minute after Ngozi came out with Amanda, he was out of the house and before anybody could catch up with him, he had driven off furiously with no plan of returning home or to his job anytime soon.
Truely, there seems to be solace in drinking. He felt peace in the past five hours since he had been sitting in the bar. His mind was less foggy and less occupied as he drank with reckless abandon, such that everyone in the bar looked at him in total dismay with the way he drank.
He knew he deserved a world recognition for the number of bottles he had consumed, for someone drinking bear for the first time in his life, it was a remarkable feat to achieve.
"Thank you very much sir for you kindness." One of guys whose bill he footed came forward to thank him.
"Oh! Its.. nothing." He said absent-mindedly.
"I still have to thank you."
"Join me here." Clement said.
The guy, as if being controlled quickly removed a chair and sat down opposite a well respected police officer who as a result of his tattered dressing, no one could identify him.
"Barman, give my friend something to drink." He said at the top of his voice.
"Thank you sir. May God continue to bless you." The guy said once again.
Clement smiled, who blessed him in the first place? Was it not God. Who blessed his job and made everything he did successful? Was it not this same God? Who made him meet Rachel? It was God. Who blessed their union? He could remember the day they were both exchanging marital vows in the presence of great people from far and near, including the president of the federal republic of Nigeria, about twenty one state governors and their deputies, about seventy senators, two hundred federal honourables, every minister in the president's cabinet, even world leaders were all present at him wedding, those who couldn't make it to church, either because they were sinners and are afraid to enter the church all made it up by gracing the reception. He could remember the priest calling on God to bless the union, bless the marriage and other prayers which all had the name of God in them. He didn't remember the priest saying anything like God should take his wife after two years, so why should his wife die now?
"What's your name my friend?" He asked.
"I am Roland." The guy replied.
He had switched on his observative sense right from the time he entered the bar, there seemed to be equality between everybody. The way a man who came in his car would exchange pleasantries with a wretched looking man will make one wonder if they both owned the car or both are wretched.
With the little senses he had left in him, he knew he would be at least a decade older than the guy in front of him, but he doesn't seem to care.
He thought about his little daughter. Did he just behave like the best dad he ought to be? He shouldn't have left home that way and even if he wanted to leave home, he shouldn't have driven himself to a bar to drink.
He was sure Amanda is fine, Ngozi will definitely take good care of her, but with what? He couldn't say.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A family doesn't neccessarily mean someone related to another by blood or by marriage. Family simply symbolises love and unity.
Dolapo might have lost the first family given to her by God, but she miraculously found herself in another family, all thanks to late Dayo, whose parents took her in and caterd for her until Dayo died. She lost her foster family too and miraculously, she found another family, all thank to Inspector Clement. Maybe her name should have been miracle.
Even if her relationship with Mrs Rachel Obi-Patrick has not been rossy, she still loved her because she made her feel at home the first time they met. She couldn't fathom what took her out of the hospital, but the moment she heard that Rachel was killed, she took a cab and came home immediately where she had been with Ngozi and little Amanda.
"Hello darling. I won't be coming home tonight. Clement is not home and I need to stay with his baby." Ngozi said as she walked into the kitchen where an emotionally traumatised Dolapo was, boiling water with no idea of what she would do with the water. She just felt the need to boil water.
"That's my fiancee." She heard Ngozi say a minute later.
Really? But she didn't remember asking her who the caller was. Maybe she had said something prior to her saying it was her fiancee. She must have lost her mind completely.
First, it was Darasimi, then Tolani and now Rachel in just seventy two hours. And God is somewhere up there watching.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
That would be all for today. Remember, its christmas, I only managed to type and drop these two updates.
Updates resumes tomorrow, oh! Boxing day? Lets wait and see how things turn out.
Goodnight!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by afamjb: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
ghen ghenn....
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
kocvalour:
dunno why an almighty president should be impeached when the majority is with him... He should always find a way of escape

Cool story.. Clement should quit
Bro, the majority could be on the president's side and yet he could still be impeached. Remember, he was charged with 57 inpeachable offences, that's too much man! He needed to win the majority to his side by expertly winning the majority to his side, remember, evidences were well presented and documented.
You can ask Mr Murtala Nyanko of Adamawa how he was impeached sometimes this year.
No offence meant to the office or camp of the former governor.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by macpetrus(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
Clement weds Dolapo... End of story...
Two update for the Day? cry
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
macpetrus:
Clement weds Dolapo... End of story...
Two update for the Day? cry
Is that what you envisaged? Well, since I started this story, so many people have predicted the next course the story would take, but their predictions were not always right. Maybe, you'll join those who have predicted wrongly.
I just hope you'll follow the story to the end, then see what eventually happens.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by seunviju(f): 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nice work,welldone
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by boladex1: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
D9ty thanks for the update even though am not happy at the turn of event but even in real live what we dont plan do happen and no matter what God is in control.

merry xmas
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Ziziola: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
So Rachel is dead. Heyah I pity little Amanda. Take heart Clement, thatz one of the prices you and your nosy wife have to pay
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Bg14: 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
Tears are flowing like river..... why did u kill Racheal? y y y yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........... oh no........ sombody shd hold meeee
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
...At last the racheal is dead... tongue,Amanda will survive na
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Vibra:
...At last the racheal is dead... tongue,Amanda will survive na
Hey, I got your message. Thank you very much. You will go from place to places, from top to top-ses. See you later at the top.
I wish you a prosperous 2015 in advance dear.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Destiny4fame(m): 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Infact......U're da boom!!!
Dis Is d first tym I wil be making a comment here......Kelvin fumbled,anyways,dats wat terrorists were made of.....even if its dia wyf.....
Keep d good job up bro....more mb to ur fone
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Rounakid(m): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
stuff46:

oms dissinge this guy with that wood
shea the small wen smoke don high u already.
**snubbs him and countinue makinq deadly threat** oya qo roll me anoda tap...!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by bigwig97(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
hmmm....wat's next
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Rounakid(m): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Aaaaah...! Oga ''d'' tnk u oooo...!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Uthman51(m): 2:23am On Dec 26, 2014
D9ty7 see as tears dey tool down from my eyes like baby wey dem collect akara for him hand...who get fave towel here make him borrow me cry cry
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by shankies215(f): 2:24am On Dec 26, 2014
But wait o! Wia did Kelvin nd his gangs passed? All in d space of five minutes abi na aw many minutes xf
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tenajtek(f): 4:29am On Dec 26, 2014
Great job d9ty7! Waoh! So much commitment and faithfulness! Even on Christmas day? Thanks so much for remembering us. Please and please, do not rush the end of this great story. BTW, how far with Janet and Onome? You deserve more chewable protein on your plate this Christmas. ☺
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by macpetrus(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2014
D9ty7:

Is that what you envisaged? Well, since I started this story, so many people have predicted the next course the story would take, but their predictions were not always right. Maybe, you'll join those who have predicted wrongly.
I just hope you'll follow the story to the end, then see what eventually happens.
Yes.. Am going to follow it to the end. Ride On.

Good Morning...
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
This last episode was so so pathetic.......I really feel for clement
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Rounakid:
**in yoruba accent** aaaaaah...! Ki lon se...? Na wetin i do na...? Why u damaqed dis ma lonq pipe...? U knw d kind time and enerqy we e cost me...? **runs awt of d thread, and reappear, with ''2 by 2'' ply wood** oya qo find mah weed for me before... I do d needful...
yong man take time , take time , take time
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 7:15am On Dec 26, 2014
Rounakid:
**in yoruba accent** aaaaaah...! Ki lon se...? Na wetin i do na...? Why u damaqed dis ma lonq pipe...? U knw d kind time and enerqy we e cost me...? **runs awt of d thread, and reappear, with ''2 by 2'' ply wood** oya qo find mah weed for me before... I do d needful...
yong man take time , take time , take time u dy fyt on xmas day shey u wnt ma finish u ni abi
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2014
Unda 5minutes danger-kelv had his way with rachael nd also killed her and also escapesha dm b terrorist notin dm no fit do

Ok since rachael is now dead dolapo wil nurse and take care of dat baby therefore making clement to like her

clement weds dolapo
#no b lie
rachael eya RIP oo
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tobilorba14(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2014
bros i knw u ar here pls update tobilorba14(m), creamy1990(f),
hollyfat(m), bdabuwa(m),
tecno4life(m), Solodegreat24(m),
adewealth027(f), D9ty7(m) and 7
guest(s)
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by pricelesslove(f): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2014
Oga D9ty7 all this innocent people you are killing, Hmmm. there is God ooo. their blood dey your head. BTW thank you for the update and merry Xmas to you and your family.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2014
--continuation--
Its now almost a week since the death of Rachel, and even though Clement is trying to adjust to life without her, he still couldn't help but go into deep thoughts most times. His families didn't help matters either, but there was nothing he could do to them, his father didn't call to express his condolence neither did he picked his call. Kelvin avoided him like plague and made sure he cut off all possible means of communication.
Clement was driving towards the Murtala Muhammed international airport that morning with Dolapo seated at the backseat with little Amanda who has been christened amidst grief and sorrow in her arms.
"I know this will be hard for you, but once you arrive at the airport, my friend Vlad will come and picck you up. An apartment has been set up where you can live and do whatever you want to do, be it working or enrolling for your post graduate studies, just inform me of any plans you have." Clement explained as he drove into the airport.
"And concerning Amanda's case, you can always drop her with Vlad's mum at the next door, she'll take care of her until you return home." Clement said.
Dolapo was just nodding her head like a lizard. Everything was happening at a faster pace, she never expected things to be in place this fast. It has been her dream to have her masters programme in the United states and possibly settle down there, but she knew she would have to work for maybe a year or two in Nigeria before being able actualise that dream, but with the situation of things in Nigeria, you dare not take permission to travel abroad all in the name of getting another certificate which the Manager of the company is yet to have, the moment you step out of the office, a vacancy board would be placed outside.
"Now lets go and do some major clearances." He said as he brought his car to a halt.
The three of them headed into the airport building with their bags.
Fifteen minutes later, they were all sitting in the departures lounge waiting for the announcement of their flight.
"Uncle, how do you intend to live now that you are all alone?" Dolapo asked with tears in her eyes.
"I will definitely survive. Remember, we Nigerians learn things the hard way. And I have just learnt another lesson in the hardest possible way you could think of." Clement replied smiling.
"Don't you think you should join us in the states? Just to put all these behind you." She asked.
"Well, the last time I spoke with Doctor Kolade, he made me understand that it is you that needed a change of environment. And we both concluded that you should travel to the US. And to put my daughter on the safer side, its not bad if she travelled with you. The doctor didn't tell me anything about me changing environment and moreso, I want to personally handle my wife's case. I want to bring her killers to book." He said.
Dolapo thought for a minute before breaking the silence.
"Uncle, I think you should speak with Chidinma. There is a secret between her and Aunty Rachel which according to Aunty was about your dad. But unfortunately your dad saw the secret as a result of me sweeping her room and packing the papers where the secret was out. They didn't tell me anything except that." She began.
A voice echoed throughout the departures lounge announcing the next flight to the United States.
"I am not saying it has anything to do with Aunty Rachel's death, but the way and manner they both handled the situation told me something was wrong and at stake. Just talk to Chidinma." She said and picked up a small bag where all neccessary things were kept. Things that could be useful for Amanda during the long flight.
"Dolapo." Clement called.
Dolapo stopped in her tracks and turned to face him.
"Thanks for everything. I don't know what I could have done without you." He said.
"You deserve more." She said as she walked toward Clement and gave him a bear hug.
"You'll be fine." He said.
"You too." She said and they both gave a short laugh, the first time in a week. Even little Amanda chuckled.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by pricelesslove(f): 8:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Ehya, I so pity Clement.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2014
And dis last update brought tears to my eyes
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by femyodsky(m): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice Xmas present from our very own best writer of the year.

Still patiently waiting for how Clement will unravel the killer of his dear stupid and foolish wife and what his reaction will be.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by emmabest2000(m): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2014
Vibra:
who?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.