Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (629699 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Bussyzilly: 5:35am On Dec 29, 2014
I like the concept of the story, but i think it would more juicy if there's suspense in it since it's about crime. it's just a suggestion. look at it this way, instead of exposing who the villains are at the beginning, why not put the readers in suspension and making them guess and anticipate on who the villains are, then you make it seem to readers in a way that the real villains will be the last they will think of and then you expose them awing the readers.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2014
ultraawesome:
Guy na,I dont deserve this kind of insult.I wasn't even asking you.

smiley smiley
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by hassan85(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2014
d9ty7. hmn at this point I can't blame any character for dia sluggishness and emotions. such is life. if dia sluggishness made dem hero's at ds point we all would be praising dem not But on d contrary, it's all blames from d comments over here. Weldon and following to see How things unfold
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by emmabest2000(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
princesssusan:
Ha! D9ty7 i swear u no try at all. How dare you killed tola n daraWell 4 peace 2 reign u av 2 kill evrybody in d story i mean evrybody n don‘t joke wit mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Every what

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Fatalveli(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Bussyzilly:
I like the concept of the story, but i think it would more juicy if there's suspense in it since it's about crime. it's just a suggestion. look at it this way, instead of exposing who the villains are at the beginning, why not put the readers in suspension and making them guess and anticipate on who the villains are, then you make it seem to readers in a way that the real villains will be the last they will think of and then you expose them awing the readers.
guy I swear u get sense die, but we cannot predict a writers mind! Can we
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by princesssusan(f): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2014
emmabest2000:
Every what

U read ryt my dear i mean evry livn soul breathing in dt story must b killed or else............
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
the cake, oms bring knife

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
stuff46:
the cake, oms bring knife
guy why d cake no complete ..wetin do d remainin part who cut am?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by florjay(f): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Oga D, update before u leave ooooo

Otherwise" flaunting my just sharpened cutlass"

I won't be responsible for the actions taken by this cutlass
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hey guys. D9ty7 is not dead, in fact, he is doing fine, but the reason behind my not updating is simply because I am out of town. And not only that, as a result of my rushing to meet up this morning, I picked up an entirely different manuscript thinking it is the hard copy of All in a circle. I would have updated off-hand, but the millions of changes I have made, I can't afford to make mistakes.
I'll update as soon as I returned to the city with brown roofs(Ibadan)
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by shrimati(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Flakeey(f): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Olanireti(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
patiently waiting for the next update
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by profsomebody(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
D9ty7:
Hey guys. D9ty7 is not dead, in fact, he is doing fine, but the reason behind my not updating is simply because I am out of town. And not only that, as a result of my rushing to meet up this morning, I picked up an entirely different manuscript thinking it is the hard copy of All in a circle. I would have updated off-hand, but the millions of changes I have made, I can't afford to make mistakes.

D9ty7:
[b]Hey guys. D9ty7 is not dead, in fact, he is doing fine, but the reason behind my not updating is simply because I am out of town. And not only that, as a result of my rushing to meet up this morning, I picked up an entirely different manuscript thinking it is the hard copy of All in a circle. I would have updated off-hand, but the millions of changes I have made, I can't afford to make mistakes.

[/b]
D9ty7:

so na Ibadan u dey. which part?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by seunviju(f): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Huh,let me keep my fingers crossed.Thanks for the update
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Just entered the city of Ibadan. I am dead tired, all I need is rest. I'll update tomorrow.
I hope y'all understand.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by barackodam: 5:48am On Dec 30, 2014
Oh god!!!

I ended up finishing this story that never seem to end after 7hrs of continuous reading, from page 113 though, that's where I stopped last.

Good work bro, more grease to your elbow
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by emmabest2000(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2014
princesssusan:

U read ryt my dear i mean evry livn soul breathing in dt story must b killed or else............
shocked

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2014
--continuation--
Mike walked into the cell where Jay was being held and switched on the light.
"What else do you want with me?" Jay asked angrily.
Mike ignored him as he went to the extreme of the room and drew out a chair which he took to the center where Jay was seated.
"How do you do?" Mike asked as he settled on the chair and put put his left leg on his right lap and his arms folded on his chest.
"I am good. What brings you here?" Jay asked.
He wanted to laugh because from the way Jay answered his question, it seemed he had concluded that the cell was his house or office. Because the question, "what brings you here?" can only be asked in a setting where you are the host. But since he was the only one occupying the cell, Mike concluded that he was truely the host.
"I have a team of policemen go in search of Danger-kelv but it seemed he wasn't at home. Clement also had another group look into each of the rooms in the house with their binoculars, but there were no sign of Kelvin." Mike explained.
"And who told you he is here with me or that I know where he is?" Jay asked raising his voice.
"No one told me anything. But since you guys were once colleagues and friends, I think you should know some of the places he might be."
"Its like you are mad or out of your mind. I have been here for how many weeks now?" He waited for no answer before he continued.
"Even if you are blind, didn't you hear when one of your colleagues read a short not addressed to me by Becky? She said Danger-kelv tried to kill me." Jay said angrily.
Mike was infuriated by his outburst which prompted him to raise his shirt and show him his pistol in the holster.
"You can't shoot me, you people need me in your investigations, simple!" He said emphatically.
"Never underestimate the powers that surge to your body when you have a gun in hand prompting you to use it on anything or anybody. You were once in the system, you know what I mean, don't you?"
If there was one thing he had learnt over the years, it was the tactics to get the truth out of criminals. The first thing to put in place was to register your strictness in his mind, by appearing like a no nonsense man. Then the second thing is to remain calm, and the next thing to do is to make the criminal remain calm, talk to him like you were friends, talk to him like you understood the reson why he committed the act, discuss important topics inter-relating with him or the crime he committed.
"Is there anywhere we can see Kelvin at this crucial time? Does he have an apartment of his own somewhere in town? Or a friend with whom he can stay with. Let me ask you, does he have a girlfriend? I need answers please." Mike asked.
"What's your problem with where Kelvin could be at this time? I guess you want to arrest him, if you really meant business, I think you should keep tabs on him, no one will tell you where he is, as a matter of fact, I can't tell you where he is because I don't know." Jay replied.
"I need clues. We can't keep tabs on someone whom we don't know his current location. What if he is outside the country, are you saying we should keep tabs on him here? We don't have a working interpool." Mike explained.
"Well, I think you have overstayed your welcome. I want you to leave." Jay said.
Mike knew that on a normal day, he wouldn't have spent up to two minutes with any criminal to get any information out of them, but at this crucial hour where the world is anticipating their victory, they have to thread carefully.
"Fine. I'll just leave." Mike said and stood up.
Just as he reached the door, he heard Jay spoke.
"Hey!"
He turned to face him.
"He has a girlfriend, Sandra Oselu. Also, there is a man who works at Kamboil petroleum, his name is Kenny, he is the manager. It is possible he knows where Kelvin is." Jay said.
"Thanks." Mike replied and walked out after switching off the light and securing the lock.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by shankies215(f): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2014
Hehehe, i jst hope d police won't be too sluggish o! Make Kelvin no go outsmart dem o
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2014
Yeepa......Kelvin own af meet him
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
--continuation--
"Where are you?" Sylvester asked Becky on the screen.
Becky gave a short laugh before she spoke.
"You want to know where I am right?"
sylvester nodded in the affirmative, his eyes fixed on the screen while Ngozi busied herself with admiring the living room and stylishly taking note of some strange things, names, pictures and letters, she was dropping them in a bag.
"What business do you have with me? Why are you here in the first place? Why do you want to know where I am?" Becky asked.
"To start with, we were directed here by Jay, am sure you know him. He claimed we could get more information about Kelvin from you which is why we are here." Sylvester explained.
"Hey! Young lady, drop everything you've taken." Becky said referring to Ngozi who defiantly ignored her.
Ngozi kept on picking things and writing inside her notepad, much to Becky's anger, but there was nothing she could do. No one had ever attacked someone through the screen.
"So, would you be willing you tell us something that could help us, so that Jay can be released."
Becky's face lit up the moment she heard the word 'release.'
"Are you sure?"
Sylvester nodded in affirmation.
"Jay would be released without...?"
"Yes, he'll be released without trial, provided you give us informations that could help us get Kelvin."
Becky thought for a while, this could be a ploy just to make her talk. Even though she was willing to help them in any way she could, she still had some reservations which is exactly why they won't be getting out of there alive.
"Go upstairs, there is a room at the end of the lobby, go in there. The access code is 42-KF-BECK. The moment you enter, there is a shelf directly opposite the door, the access code is 43-KF-BECK, there is a box inside, white color, it belonged to Kelvin. If the box is with you, Kelvin will answer your call. He kept it with me thinking it was safe, but I have been using it against him, which was why he told me about his plans to eliminate Jay." Becky explained and Sylvester quickly scribbled down the codes and the directives.
"So, what's in the box?" He asked.
"Hey! Don't rush me, I am still coming to that. But why don't you go in there and fetch the box, I have something I want to discuss with your partner here. Then we can talk about the content of the box later." She replied.
Sylvester thought for a while, it seemed mouth watering, and easy. He didn't expect them to come into a house with high tecnology and get things so easily. But with the situation of things, he couldn't afford to waste even a minute pondering over issues such as thing. He walked to the extreme end of the living room where Ngozi was getting herself busy, and whispered something in her ear. She dipped her hand inside her bag and gave him a communication device and place in on his ear. She took one for herself too and connected them with her phone.
"Goodluck." She said, and off he left.
But he did what was expected of him as he sent a quick message and a recording of his conversation to Clement, so he can know the situation of things.
----------
"Young lady." Becky beckoned on Ngozi to move closer to the screen.
"Why don't you drop all you have taken from this living room?" Becky asked.
"And what if I don't?" Becky asked defiantly.
"Well, I am only concerned about your comfortabilty on your way out. Because, you won't be going out easily like you came in. You'll do some running and you know with that heavy bag, it will be somehow impossible." Becky explained.
Ngozi hissed and sat down on the table.
"You are a detective, your partner is a FBI agent, also a detective. Can't you guys use the brains God gave you? With all you've gotten so far, are you saying you haven't detected anything that is worth you questioning me?" Becky asked smiling.
Ngozi still ignored her question and just then, she heard Sylvester's voice, "I have gotten the box." He whispered. She smiled.
"He has gotten the box. I know." Becky said.
Ngozi was suprised that she knew Sylvester had gotten the box, how she knew, she didn't know.
She saw Becky carry a big rectangular box and dropped in on the table before her.
"What's that?" Ngozi asked.
"Just watch me." She replied and opened it.
Ngozi could see a form of wired network, on a board inside the box. Becky pressed a red button and immediately, an intercom which stood on the shelf beneathe the screen rang and a stop watch started reading from exactly thirty seconds.
"A bomb!" Ngozi exclaimed.
"Sly, there is a bomb down here. Get out of there as fast as possible, we have thirty seconds." She screamed.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2014
More updates loading

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Obinnau(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2014
don't create multiple threads on Nairaland.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:23am On Dec 30, 2014
Obinnau:
don't create multiple threads on Nairaland.
Alright. I think the second thread should be deleted or hidden.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
I went there and it said thread closed
D9ty7:
More updates loading
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
adewealth027:
I went there and it said thread closed
Well, for some Nairaland rules, the story would be completed here. Stick around.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by barackodam: 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fire on bro
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Flakeey(f): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
oh God
i fear for Sly and Ngo's lives

D9ty7..u do good..always on point
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
grin grin fire on d mountain
oga D awfa na aw joney nd hw ibadan
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by shankies215(f): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
shocked :oGeeeeez! I dnt see sly making it.....but dis becky geh na winsh o!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by ODUMAIYE(f): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
oga D is one in a million

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.