Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,937 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core (48390 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Mining And Earth's Ocean. / Human-like Species Discovered In South Africa (Photos) / Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQHuyu7KQe4

seeing is beliving oooooo! chai

2 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Sparrow13: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
In the beginning, when God created the universe, The earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the spirit of God was moving over the water.
Gen. 1:1-2

Then God commanded, "let the water below the sky come together in one place, so that the land will appear" and it was done.
He (GOD) name the land "Earth", and the water which had come together HE named "sea". And God was pleased with what he saw. Gen. 1:9-10

*THEY ONLY DESCOVER WHAT THE BIBLE SAID*

3 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Josh316(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pictures of the water close to the core and also the outer shell of the core OOOORRRRRRRRRRR? grin grin grin grin
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Rilwayne001: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
panachuku: who created this earth

God

4 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
condralbede:
Very Touching Chinese Story
Pls, read to the end:
朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧 浻牡楧敬 瀰絸朣杢
㑳执獧b扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣 昸昸㬸慢正牧 畯摮椭慭敧敷止
瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬 晥⁴潴敬 潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫
潲湵浩条 㩥眭扥楫楬牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散 散戻捡杫潲
湵浩条㩥洭 猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣 搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩
㩳瀲 㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤 慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤 慲
楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯瑩潩㩮敲慬楴 敶执獧搴
筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻 敶晲潬
Am Already Crying . Especially
Dat Part When She Said: 汦睯攺
Very touching!

真正的故障是有故障,而不是修改它們。

sad

3 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Olusanya333(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
And at that time Knowledge shall increase.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by themmydhayhor(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2014

Guess u r a dead man alive grin

Guess u r a dead man alive
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Dee60: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
back2sender: While the western world keep researching and making new discoveries we over here has turn all warehouses most especially in nigeria to churches. The church wants to determine how people should live thier life just like what happened years back when the Catholics church was the ruling emperor .
This discoveries has added to the body of knowledge .

What do they do in the churches? Encourage people to be the best they can be! Thank God for churches who are producing great people who will make a great nation. All those countries of the West making these breakthroughs will acknowledge that their strong Christian foundation has helped them to advance.

Don't forget that the motto of America still reads 'In God We Trust'. Check their currency and it is there.

5 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by DonaldGenes(m): 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
There are more of this anyway

God is absolutely wonderful, you can only but see all these magnificent things He did, All we humans need to do is to explore for ourselves

1 Like

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by harffie(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
They only discover what God wants them to discover!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by nora544: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2014/06/new-evidence-for-oceans-of-water-deep-in-the-earth.html

that is the right source and please read this and it has nothing to do with the bible.

Read how the water is soory but they writing from the @op is a little bit fake

New Evidence for Oceans of Water Deep in the Earth
Water bound in mantle rock alters our view of the Earth’s composition

EVANSTON, Ill. --- Researchers from Northwestern University and the University of New Mexico report evidence for potentially oceans worth of water deep beneath the United States. Though not in the familiar liquid form -- the ingredients for water are bound up in rock deep in the Earth’s mantle -- the discovery may represent the planet’s largest water reservoir.

The presence of liquid water on the surface is what makes our “blue planet” habitable, and scientists have long been trying to figure out just how much water may be cycling between Earth’s surface and interior reservoirs through plate tectonics.

Northwestern geophysicist Steve Jacobsen and University of New Mexico seismologist Brandon Schmandt have found deep pockets of magma located about 400 miles beneath North America, a likely signature of the presence of water at these depths. The discovery suggests water from the Earth’s surface can be driven to such great depths by plate tectonics, eventually causing partial melting of the rocks found deep in the mantle.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by donlyone(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
mstik: wow...
water makes up about two-thirds of the earth....
this reservoir is three times the size of all water on earth....
interesting.....

I like your line of thought. Scientists seem to present theories as facts.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Btruth: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
bushdoc9919: It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.…

Genesis 7 vs 10-12.

Interesting......
There's nothing happening that God doesn't know anything about it. Wonderful Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by date1816: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
1. Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things.

2. Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;

3. Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent. Then look again: "Can you see any rifts?"

4. Then look again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out.

5. And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.

6. And for those who disbelieve in their Lord (Allah) is the torment of Hell, and worst indeed is that destination.

7. When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath as it blazes forth.

8. It almost bursts up with fury. Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you?"

9. They will say: "Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: 'Allah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.'"

10. And they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!"

11. Then they will confess their sin. So, away with the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

12. Verily! Those who fear their Lord unseen (i.e. they do not see Him, nor His Punishment in the Hereafter, etc.), theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

13. And whether you keep your talk secret or disclose it, verily, He is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).

14. Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything).

15. He it is, Who has made the earth subservient to you (i.e. easy for you to walk, to live and to do agriculture on it, etc.), so walk in the path thereof and eat of His provision, and to Him will be the Resurrection.

16. Do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not cause the earth to sink with you, then behold it shakes (as in an earthquake)?

17. Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah), will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you shall know how (terrible) has been My Warning?

18. And indeed those before them belied (the Messengers of Allah), then how terrible was My denial (punishment)?

19. Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Beneficent (Allah). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything.

20. Who is he besides the Most Beneficent that can be an army to you to help you? The disbelievers are in nothing but delusion.

21. Who is he that can provide for you if He should withhold His provision? Nay, but they continue to be in pride, and (they) flee (from the truth).

22. Is he who walks without seeing on his face, more rightly guided, or he who (sees and) walks on a Straight Way (i.e. Islamic Monotheism).

23. Say it is He Who has created you, and endowed you with hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and hearts. Little thanks you give.

24. Say: "It is He Who has created you from the earth, and to Him shall you be gathered (in the Hereafter)."

25. They say: "When will this promise (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) come to pass? if you are telling the truth."

26. Say (O Muhammad ): "The knowledge (of its exact time) is with Allah only, and I am only a plain warner."

27. But when they will see it (the torment on the Day of Resurrection) approaching, the faces of those who disbelieve will be different (black, sad, and in grieve), and it will be said (to them): "This is (the promise) which you were calling for!"

28. Say (O Muhammad ): "Tell me! If Allah destroys me, and those with me, or He bestows His Mercy on us, - who can save the disbelievers from a painful torment?"

29. Say: "He is the Most Beneficent (Allah), in Him we believe, and in Him we put our trust. So you will come to know who is it that is in manifest error."

30. Say (O Muhammad ): "Tell me! If (all) your water were to be sunk away, who then can supply you with flowing (spring) water?"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by danielblessing(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
bushdoc9919: It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened. The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.…

Genesis 7 vs 10-12.

Interesting......
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
This reminded me of this verse of the Qur‘an

Say: “ tell me if all your water were to sink deep into the earth, who then can supply you with flowing water?“.
Qur‘an 67 verse 30

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Eberex(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth’s surface and its core. The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth’s water.

How come they have the name ''ringwoodite'' for it? rubbish!!! undecided
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Acidosis(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
...not surprised anyway.

There are reasons why God created oceans, soil, animals and plants.

Revelations 22:1/Philippians 2:8 " ...the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nation."

But humans are still not wise enough to find ebola cure sad sad

1 Like

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
nobody.

1 Like

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Yemisi63: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lmaooo. If you're having a bad day, read this hilarious blog http://www.naijasinglegirl.net and thank me later. I swear
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Olusanya333: And at that time Knowledge shall increase.
dis is rili happening
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Doshward(m): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please make it clear that there are no fishes or other edible stuff there before igbo boys go fishing cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by nora544: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eberex: The water is hidden inside a blue rock called ringwoodite that lies 700 kilometres underground in the mantle, the layer of hot rock between Earth’s surface and its core. The huge size of the reservoir throws new light on the origin of Earth’s water.

How come they have the name ''ringwoodite'' for it? rubbish!!! undecided

Please read than you will understand

For years, Jacobsen has been synthesizing ringwoodite, colored sapphire-like blue, in his Northwestern lab by reacting the green mineral olivine with water at high-pressure conditions. (The Earth’s upper mantle is rich in olivine.) He found that more than one percent of the weight of the ringwoodite’s crystal structure can consist of water -- roughly the same amount of water as was found in the sample reported in the Nature paper.

“The ringwoodite is like a sponge, soaking up water,” Jacobsen said. “There is something very special about the crystal structure of ringwoodite that allows it to attract hydrogen and trap water. This mineral can contain a lot of water under conditions of the deep mantle.”

3 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by guttentag(m): 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2014

The Father of Jesus...
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by iceberylin(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2014

[quote
author=Sparrow13]In the beginning, when God created the universe, The
earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered
everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the spirit of God was
moving over the water.
Gen. 1:1-2
Then God commanded, "let the water below the sky come together in one
place, so that the land will appear" and it was done.
He (GOD) name the land "Earth", and the water which had come together HE
named "sea". And God was pleased with what he saw. Gen. 1:9-10
*THEY ONLY DESCOVER WHAT THE BIBLE SAID*[/quote]
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by natureblack(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
sleekymag: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. — Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. — Genesis 1:2 (KJV)

Wetin dey for Sokoto dey for your sokoto trousers. The earth was without form and void (empty), save for the endless wave of waters.
nigga please,spare me your "Puzzle of Genesis"

WHO DID CAIN FEAR WOULD KILL HIM?

Gen.4:13- Cain said to the Lord,"my punishment is more than I can bear.
Gen 4:14- Today You are driving me from the land,and I will be hidden from Your presence,I will be a restless wanderer on earth,and whoever finds me will kill me.
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Reminds me of the movie SANCTUM cool
Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
I SEE RELIGION FANATICS HERE,DEFENDING THEIR GODS. angry

1 Like

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by date1816: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
BIG BANG THEORY
Where Did Everything Come From?

What is the proof?

Islam tells us Allah is both The Creator & The Evolver, of all that exits. We know Allah did not evolve us from monkeys, and we know all things are from Allah. Please share this information with those who deny the existence of God. They need it.

There is a popular theory referred to as the 'Big Bang' theory. It tries to explain the existence of the universe in an evolutionary manner having an initial beginning with an immense explosion of some gases or solid mass. Some say there first was a void or ’nothingness’, or perhaps, some gases which exploded then from this everything in the universe simply began to evolve to the stage that we see now. There has never really been any solid evidence for this idea of 'something out of nothing' concept. Nor for that matter, the evolutionary theory itself.

We would like to explore the idea of creation from a purely logical standpoint using simple terminology without religious hype, emotional pre-convictions or superstitions.

What if someone called a 'scientist' tells you his 'theory' of how cars are made is like this:

A salvage yard on the south side of town blows up and all the metal pieces fly into the air and fall back down in one place forming a brand new Chevrolet Caprice automobile.. with no left over parts.. and the motor is running..

Or what if his theory for how a chair is made is:

An explosion occurs in a forest and the trees go flying into the air and then suddenly they combine with some flying cloth to make a beautiful chair... and then it lands in a furniture showroom complete with matching table and lamp...

He further explains that:

An earthquake in California's 'Silicon Valley' causes the computer chips and circuit boards and other various parts to fall out of their boxes and off of their shelves and just come in place together as they are rolling around on the floor and form the most advanced technical computers existing on the earth?...

Or what of his 'Medicine Theory'? He now claims that:

A gas leak in a pharmacy warehouse causes a terrific explosion. All the different chemicals and substances just smash into each other in exactly the correct amounts to produce a miracle drug which cures everything form cancer to heart and liver disease, old age and warts?...

Wait... there's more to this one:

It is all in one formula, packaged in the bottles with labels and ready to sell with no mess left on the floor?...

Now after all this exploding and excitement this 'scientist' tells you of a great place to relax and have something to eat. It is his favorite place and he calls it: "Burger Blast"! He says:

You just go in and sit down and suddenly a 'blast' from the kitchen occurs and immediately a burger lands right in front of you with all the trimmings.. just the way you like it complete with fries, a drink and even your favorite dessert?...

2 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by back2sender: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dee60:

What do they do in the churches? Encourage people to be the best they can be! Thank God for churches who are producing great people who will make a great nation. All those countries of the West making these breakthroughs will acknowledge that their strong Christian foundation has helped them to advance.

Don't forget that the motto of America still reads 'In God We Trust'. Check their currency and it is there.

So with Nigeria strong Christian foundation why is the country full of corruption abi naa ordinary stealing, nepotism, evils, civil strife etc. Christianity was a tool used to colonise Africa . Compare the trends from start say for example 1900 when christaininty was not pronouced and now that its the in thing viz-a-viz the quality of life. The difference is clear.

Churches are business centres , I go to church and my madam is a senior pastor in one of the fastest growing penticostal churches so i kow what i am saying. My actions are guided by the rotaract principles

3 Likes

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Repteam: What do they call people that are sacred of big ocean or so?
Megahydroinringwooditophobics

1 Like

Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by Toosure70: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmmm Kabiyesi re o, Olodumare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever / Beautiful But Deadly Poison Dart Frogs (Pictures) / Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.