Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (40815 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
ochejoseph: 1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.
But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.
It was simple
A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !
How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigerians

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/09/7-outdated-technologies-that-had-great.html?m=1
This Op is not less than 25yrs.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Tonylyte(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lol, am nostalgiac now. U knw we enjoyed dose days than the recent time, even though they were tough time...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by priscaoge(f): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
No7 should be Nokia 3310gringrin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Horlawoomey(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
You forgot that large FREE TO AIR dish we call SATALITE....... COMPUTER WRISTWATCH. CD PLAYER aka WALKMAN. BMX BICYCLE. TYPEWRITER. CARBON PAPER. There are so many things, some have been upgraded while some have gone to extinction.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by coolsegun2002: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
Taaaaa....its not called ice cream...its called condense...chai.....the source of my regular typhoid fever....my mum always wondered where I got typhoid from cos I carried my own water bottled to school...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Igholize(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
.... Babe u dey dere, also watched movies like wiliwili, living in bondage, etc. As 4 d coloured ice-block dat we used 2 call ice-cream den, na #1.00 I buy am den oo.. Anyways' gud momories
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by M4gunners: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
On point bro.Your number 6 got my laughing.I can now remember USA 94 World Cup, ATLANTA 96, Things Fall Apart , Zebrudaya (not sure of the spelling) Chei i don dey old oh.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
chinex276: Mehn doze gud old days.
Those days wen u'll carry u #1.50k (one naira fifty kobo) 2 church, u use 50kobo 4 offering nd 1 naira 4 alewa,
doze days wen we do rub and shine (using versline wen u haven't taken ur bath) jus 2 enta mama mercy's room 2 watch film, nd if adults r there u stay @ d window nd peep,
doze day wen we use katakpo (wood) 2 make guns, using matches nd rubber.
Doze day wen if u come last in class, ur mates will reject u lyk some one with ebola.
Doze days wen rice nd stew is only a sunday thing.
Doze days wen u spend d better part of ur holiday in games house, playing sega games (super mario, mortal kombat, int'l super star soccer, sonic, jus 2 mention bt a few)
#mehn childhood rocks.

But welcome 2 d indomie generation where kids think of nothing but 2go nd sex.

I dey tell you ...this Indomie generation i dey pity them ooo...na only boy friend girl friend dem know.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by COvo(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
Liar!You didn't play Sega jare. Noob's brutality is XXABCZXXABCZZ. Maybe dem dey pipe u wella dat year.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valmunich(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin grin
190theclown:

I fail JSSCE Because of Mortal Kombat grin grin
It's probably cos of your English
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by docjuli(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Walkman for no 7
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ogaju007(m): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!

Hmmnnn Please help this brother and re share.... lets do something meaningful and get this brother a job.......
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Boyano: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
Those days of Walkman radio and discman nko grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chismo007(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
;DNintendo n tega really caused quarrel btw I n ma elder brodas.....twas fun though
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chuksmad(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fax machine
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by LOVEGINO(m): 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
frediech: Mtcheeeeewwwwww........ who carry dis tin come front page sef undecidedMtcheeeeewwwwww........ who carry dis tin come front page sef
No be ur fault, na Kanta ball u play for small. grin grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by archland22: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
please nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by optimusprime2(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2014

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!
actually it was "XCABCZXABCCZZ" Noob Saibot's brutality...

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
chinex276:
mehn, if i use scopion or subzero ehmmm... I sure say even d maker of game no go fit win me.
Nd 4 soccer i be correct flop.
#wishing my childhood can be rewind 4 lyk an hour

My senior bros dey use Smoke and Subzero but I dey beat am. I get electrical brain so I go just connect am to Turn table amplifier as my dad get small money that time. Smoke go dey shout for loud speaker when you hold "Y" rush.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Dayjhihannon01(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
ice cream keh? We call that ''lolli''.... And if u av a tokumbo VCR u av an additional amusement with its uperloading technique, nah so d cassette go flying in upward direction to eject....
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Seven lucky kids!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by alufahh1982: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
GO AND DIE
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
valmunich:
It's "he shoots" and "long ball" grin

I know. grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
optimusprime2:
actually it was "XCABCZXABCCZZ" Noob Saibot's brutality...

If you wan bring out Montero and Shaokahn...shey na XCABABAY abi?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Noob Sibot's brotality was XAXBCZCZAAX, You missed the last letter.

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
WeirdMe: Noob Sibot's brotality was XAXBCZCZAAX, You missed the last letter.

Indomie generation go dey wonder all these code una dey type here.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Dayjhihannon01(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
please rebroadcast dis... Dis man must be help
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by adwem2003(m): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!

You just killed it grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by optimusprime2(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
mecussey:

If you wan bring out Montero and Shaokahn...shey na XCABABAY abi?
no the opening code was "AC up B up B A down"
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ayodejy05(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

The International Superstar Soccer Deluxe!!! I secretly play the game in the night around 11pm-4am because my dad and mum must not see it. They dare not catch you. You're dead. Men... days have gone. Na SEGA before Nintendo and Playstation come take over. Ibi loma kusi, boya loma dele. OGSA guys I hail u o.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by femmy2010(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
I remember those days when TV stations only Open at 4pm with their Iconic Nigeria National anthem.

I remember those soaps CheckMate,Cock row at down,Fortune,Mega-Fortune,Rich also cry,secret of the sand,isaura the slave girl etc.

I remember those days when every older person around ones hood or school acts the parents and guardian.

Those days were da Bomb

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by lekjons(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
those day wen we use to scrach rust 1naira againt a wall

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State. / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.