Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,655 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (40826 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by meforyou1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
I have been searching for that original Nokia 3310 Snake till today to no avail. All the snakes I down on smartphones are all fake. I have to go and buy that old Nokia just for playing that snake.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by jude33084(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
dridowu: Nintendo remind me of Super Mario bros. So lovely then
Sega remind me of Mortal Kombat 3
#teamsubzero

i WAS UNDEFEATED IN MORTAL COMBAT GAME cool

ALL THE CHEATS WHERE IN MY FINGER NAILS LOL tongue
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by DaGC(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
dellaziz:

NAH noob saibot brutalikty na XCABCZYXABCZYX...

AND NA contra THE ROMANIAN GET SHOT PASS FOR SEGA...from midfield sef na over the bar if u too press SHOT

The only correct Noob brutality combo so far. #Respect.

Missing ball was really easy on ISS. Stand stationary, press C once, and press forward. The player lifts the ball over his head and the forward you pressed takes you past the ball. No more ball on your feet. Walk inside the net, press C again (tackle) and the ball comes out and commentator screams 'goal goal goal goal goal'.
Then there was walkman, rubber bands, football with beer covers, explosive matchstick guns, boris cars, kite flying, jumping on vans passing by, fishing, koto playing (some people don't call it koto: its a lighter version of snail, don't know its official name), football, acrobatics, plus the usual se.xual experimentation with the girls, co-habitation role plays etc. #Nostalgic
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by baba11(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
....very good old days#reminiscence...it just make man pikin to be bold, strong and wise now...when i see now indomie pikin misbehaving...i just dey smile noni..wetin old papa eyes c which made it to be sunkened..if nowadays pikin c am,d@ eyes go go blind patapata.. i'll just be smiling sha wen it apuns..Thank God for my life..When there's life,there's a way!!!!!!Op,u 4got to put cedar abi na sender dem dey call am sef...#smh!!!!!!!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by MoriYanu(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: As an African kid back in the 90's

during the festive period's I and my crew used to get flat planks/wood

drill a small piece of hole on the wood with a 7" nail

fill it with matches cover with a nail and use a wood on the nail to create explosive sounds that were quite loud grin grin grin

we did this for years until a wood exploded and struck a kid on the head about 3years later then we stopped

africans always had a way of inventing things no matter how crude or dangerous it is especially nigerians

same way they had chewed kola and bathed with salt water a few weeks ago

I keep saying this. Should the world get destroyed today the last humans to die off would be nigerians grin grin

we invent anything
U ar on track bruh, we call it racket!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ManTiger(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: As an African kid back in the 90's

during the festive period's I and my crew used to get flat planks/wood

drill a small piece of hole on the wood with a 7" nail

fill it with matches cover with a nail and use a wood on the nail to create explosive sounds that were quite loud grin grin grin

we did this for years until a wood exploded and struck a kid on the head about 3years later then we stopped

africans always had a way of inventing things no matter how crude or dangerous it is especially nigerians

same way they had chewed kola and bathed with salt water a few weeks ago

I keep saying this. Should the world get destroyed today the last humans to die off would be nigerians grin grin

we invent anything
we call it bracket for my side.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by eduxerxes: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Our Black and White Tv na dieeeee!!! We dey receive people phone conversations for my black and white tv back then. We go just tune am, whyne am, whyne am, connect small wire for the back and gbam!!! We go dey get many phone conversations. E sweet dat time oooo...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ManTiger(m): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
I am sure you just open this account to serve this purpose?
You must be one of the guys that claim to be a billionaire on faceless forum, anyway, tis well.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

great save, great tackle. Hadoken from street fighter, mario bros in super nintendo
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by gmacnoms(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2014

keeper andurus, No foul?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Tekecoms1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2014

INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR SOCCER DELUXE........... SOCCE E'ER FOOTBALL
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by optimusprime2(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Davidgprs: Killer Instinct (1994 video
game)
Kai! God Bless you! Jago was my favorite character... his Ultra combo used to my thing...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Charles4075(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
. Noob saibot brutality then was XCABCZYX- then start with A(anti-clockwise direction)... Carboni was not even good.. Try Allejo of Brazil, Gomez, Santos. Two funny tricks then was the ''Good Ball Trick'' and Making the ball disappear. Other good games then were Demolition man, Contra 3, Wings of Angel, Tecno soccer.. But now, checkout games like 'Last of us', 'Call of Duty(Modern Warfare 3)', Dante's Inferno 4, Assasins Creed 4..

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by okzcorp: 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
ochejoseph: 1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.
But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.
It was simple
A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !
How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigerians

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/09/7-outdated-technologies-that-had-great.html?m=1

I remember some:

1. VCR rewinder
2. Casette tape
3. Hair thread (owu)

Last buh not the least ; cellophene (as protection) grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by DECOtech(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
Oh no. Igodo and Domitila were just yesterday and they we in CD plates.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by DECOtech(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
Oh no. Igodo and Domitila were just yesterday and they we in CD plates not VCR.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Onyenna(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!

Bobo of Nigeria..... U still remember Noob saibot's Brutality! Cool..... Cyrax Brutality= XZXZZXZXZCA (hope I'm correct)..... Cyrax Net Capture ~ Back,
Back, Low Kick......
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by adebayoggt(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
nostalgic feeling all over.I play Sega in my later years because we couldn't afford one.but now my children play ps3 and PC games conveniently. I remembered me and my brothers looking forward to wen we will drink tree top mixed with water on Sunday afternoon with rice and stew.drinks like Canada dry, fanta ginger ale,and local ketiya.tanfiri (elekute) and donkua are d favourite snack. while Okin biscuits and short cake are d most popular.
oh my alma mata IBHS....Mr omowon my principal.
what is happening to UMC molete now??
miss those days!!!!!! Dat was wen naija is naija

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
haitto99: Gomez of brazil too
what about allegio of brazil
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Onyenna:

Bobo of Nigeria..... U still remember Noob saibot's Brutality! Cool..... Cyrax Brutality= XZXZZXZXZCA (hope I'm correct)..... Cyrax Net Capture ~ Back,
Back, Low Kick......
cyrax brutality- XZXZZXZXZCA, and I think noob saibot's brutality is XCABCZXABCZ yea. Turok 1 on nintendo 64 cheat was NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK I still remember it till date since 96 and turok 2 was BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND. Mario kart too was the bomb, then golden eye, mace, war gods, KI gold, cruise in' USA, world driver, ISS 64, duke nukem.... Chai I miss those days with my hommies in queens rendezvous at water resources in benin city GRA.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
DECOtech: Oh no. Igodo and Domitila were just yesterday and they we in CD plates.
in VCR u talk about living in bondage, rattle snake, circle of doom, going banana, inglorious bastarrd, kick boxer, king of the kick boxer, ninja, yemi my lover, commando, rambo etc. I still have some of those video casette. And nobody talked about turn table and all those records
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by fidzy(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Na only boys been de those times? Y are gals not commenting, what was their own activity back then sef? Playing oga?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Chickenstew: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
ManTiger:
we call it bracket for my side.
*Singing*... Bracketi le...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
DaGC:

The only correct Noob brutality combo so far. #Respect.

Missing ball was really easy on ISS. Stand stationary, press C once, and press forward. The player lifts the ball over his head and the forward you pressed takes you past the ball. No more ball on your feet. Walk inside the net, press C again (tackle) and the ball comes out and commentator screams 'goal goal goal goal goal'.
Then there was walkman, rubber bands, football with beer covers, explosive matchstick guns, boris cars, kite flying, jumping on vans passing by, fishing, koto playing (some people don't call it koto: its a lighter version of snail, don't know its official name), football, acrobatics, plus the usual se.xual experimentation with the girls, co-habitation role plays etc. #Nostalgic
bro, that brutality is wrong, it is XCABCZXABCZ
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
jude33084:

i WAS UNDEFEATED IN MORTAL COMBAT GAME cool

ALL THE CHEATS WHERE IN MY FINGER NAILS LOL tongue
if I hear am !!!, I got all the moves on my finger tips, all the combos, 2 fatality, animality, babality, friendship, brutality every. I do write in on a 60 leaves note book then on my own and for people too. Talk about ermac, shang tsung, classic sub zero, jax, sector, smoke, cyrax, rain, reptile, motaro, shao khhan (don't make me laugh) guy abeg na flawless victory I go de knack u steady for MK trilogy
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Louis055: I remember calling dis my jeep
o mehn!!! Where dis ride from fall out na? U get swag

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lanceslot: Funny! I remember blowing sometime we call kabad back then, all we need was a crown cork, an empty tin of milo and matches. Put a small piece of kabad into the crown corK, add some saliva to it, cover it immediately with the tin and throw light ontop of the tin... Ka booom, the explosive will goes off.lol
u forgot that you add grass like dry plantain leaf inside the tin of milk. Kabad na straight from mechanic workshop, and bros do u know it do kill almost all the fowl in the neighborhood?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Vires: 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
What of tapping phone?
Then parents would lock the phone dial with small padlock so that you can't roll it.
You learn how to tap the phone box very fast

When Nitel bill comes at the end month, we the children will claim they made mistake with d address cheesy
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by EzekielMab(m): 1:27am On Sep 05, 2014
nikkflexible: The indomie generation babies have really missed alot
grin
u wey dey talk... how old you be?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by EzekielMab(m): 1:34am On Sep 05, 2014
sweetylicious: Remember after school hours and samafora,witches and Amadioha.I enjoyed those days o.
Do you remember madam coycoy, that if you get the mat you can get rich... Hostel gist
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by youngelder(m): 2:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Hey.. Abeg who remember KITO sandals? D best school sandals eva invented.. Hahahaha...
. Gud old days.. Tv shows lyk "after the storm", "beyond our dreams", "tales by moonlight" on NTA.
. Who remembers "Frank Oliseh", d host of NEWSLINE.. Evry sunday on NTA

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Chuckdee(m): 2:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Anybody finished this back then? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State. / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.