Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (40816 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Unekz(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

ur ryt bro grin

ur ryt bro
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Louis055(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
I remember calling dis my jeep

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by TopWinner(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10
Yeah.... Igodo was so interesting..
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Ichel: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
Rolly83: Then to watch blue film na gbege!!!!!!But now with mtn free 10mb I can watch any blue film I like!!!
gringrin omo warey, u don craze finish

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by olu4life(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
sweetylicious: especially that bird part.Shooting the bird with gun was fun,but those birds no free die
Asin ehn.. so on point. Cried a lot then till my dad bought family com. Those where days when relatives got closer. Cousins comes around during school break. Hardly will u see such nowadays. Days of go go power rangers,karishika (scared me to death),ayamatanga,voltron,sledge hammer..Omo mehn I don dey age o. Those days when tape gets stuck in the player and u use pencil to rewind it back. Days of condense,baba dudu,sisi pelebe...
Those times my neighbour will lock I and my siblings up to read times table. them no born us well make we go play ball for road. Days when u respect elders. So much memories
xanadu101: do u remember when we write letters to toast ladies. posting letters to the village thru NIPOST and its get to d village in 2 months time. queuing up in NITEL phone boot to make calls. playing table soccer and touch and do & papa and mama play cool. do u remember sleeping outside at night feeling so secured and late in the night ur parents come to take u inside. do u remember. street on ur mark, get set, Go!
This reminds me of days when my mom will compel us to write a letter to relatives in abroad. Chai
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Bsmartt(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
@ Op the 7th one is probably the Brick game. I assume you remember it. Then if don't have 1 you will sure need to get a friend that have it.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Bsmartt(m): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
@Op the 7th one is probably the Brick game. I assume you remember it. Then if don't have 1 you will sure need to get a friend that have it.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chinex276(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
mecussey:

My senior bros dey use Smoke and Subzero but I dey beat am. I get electrical brain so I go just connect am to Turn table amplifier as my dad get small money that time. Smoke go dey shout for loud speaker when you hold "Y" rush.
i also use dat dude dat can change 2 every character(4goten his name)
and i also enjoy CONTRA and SUNSET RYDER.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Caseless2: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: As an African kid back in the 90's

during the festive period's I and my crew used to get flat planks/wood

drill a small piece of hole on the wood with a 7" nail

fill it with matches cover with a nail and use a wood on the nail to create explosive sounds that were quite loud
grin grin grin

we did this for years until a wood exploded and struck a kid on the head about 3years later then we stopped

africans always had a way of inventing things no matter how crude or dangerous it is especially nigerians

same way they had chewed kola and bathed with salt water a few weeks ago

I keep saying this. Should the world get destroyed today the last humans to die off would be nigerians grin grin

we invent anything
our nock-out invention. And we go on rampage with this handmade gadged(egbe or gun), after we must have munched rice and stew.
Imagine those cartoon-like plastic glasses and wrist-watches. grin grin
i wish i cud turn back the hand of time; those days were so sweet becos they were without boko haram and other security related issues like we're having right now.
Nigeria shal b good and sweet again!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
dayosaurus:

My friend did that trick one time and beat me 5-0. Na Brazil sabi am pass n na B he dey use score

if you tackle the person wey make the ball miss...the ball will come out. Where problem dey na when you no no the person wey make the ball miss.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valmunich(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
bizngr: Ceasar1
mecussey
190theclown
dayosaurus
valmunich
ayodejy05

^^You guys are just learners with your Caboni reverse kick... undecided

[size=18pt]I'm the MISSING BALL girl you all dread to play against!!![/size] grin grin grin
Lol.. That missing buh ish made Sega stupid
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by PassingShot(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
But we bought water in bottles of soft drinks before nylon now. Abi you were not around then too?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
Abeg before u die, give me all these ur applications... then u can kill thyself.. carry on
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Christmasdon(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2014

.lol. Heshoot! Heshoot!, great tackle, Longball. Hilux International superstal, wooo, oh my God! Round 1, 2, fight. I am just yaffing in pidgin.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
olu4life:
Asin ehn.. so on point. Cried a lot then till my dad bought family com. Those where days when relatives got closer. Cousins comes around during school break. Hardly will u see such nowadays. Days of go go power rangers,karishika (scared me to death),ayamatanga,voltron,sledge hammer..Omo mehn I don dey age o. Those days when tape gets stuck in the player and u use pencil to rewind it back. Days of condense,baba dudu,sisi pelebe...
Those times my neighbour will lock I and my siblings up to read times table. them no born us well make we go play ball for road. Days when u respect elders. So much memories
This reminds me of days when my mom will compel us to write a letter to relatives in abroad. Chai
Remember after school hours and samafora,witches and Amadioha.I enjoyed those days o.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chinex276(m): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Those days wen ur elder sister's boyfrnd will give u money 2 help call her.
Those days wen we brush our teeth once in a month.
Those days wen we rub vaseline on sandals on xmas day.
Those days wen u wear dsame xmas clothe for 3 consecutive years.
Those days wen taking ur bath na wahala,wen u'll wear 1 clothe 4 almost half of a year.
Those day wen u dont talk wen ur elder brother nd his mater r talking, if nt u go chop beta slap.
Those days wen i my elder don't dear rub eye pencil on her lip.. Omoh my momsy go kill her oo, talk more of wearing skirt wey no reach her knee.
Those day wen i dey enter C.G.C 4 kaduna with frnds coz of mango, enter river swim till ur eyes red lyk pesin wey go smoke igboh.
Those days wen we fight after 3mins we don settle.
Abeg make rest my case... I so much love doze days.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by wiringdpt(m): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
walai you play nintendo die. i dey referee to dog sometimes self
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
We now have 32G flash drives which can be used to store films and many more things, thnks to technology
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Donmichaelz(m): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2014

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!
liar it is xcabczyxabczz... I still av all of em in my head

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ruffplay: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Spend 2hrs opening a page from web
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Christmasdon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
.hey' waoh , you guys made my day, walaihi, i was busy reading all da comments, you guys where like you stayed or lived with me. That of a sega, mum will just pour us water to scare everybody away,pour pour water! Jeez, if you see eh! 2nd one, those times with ur friend.their big bro,s that time always are in control and watches out for anybody who will barge into the house wifout bathing, simply you want to watch "tale by moon lig ht",on ait, because. We finished playing ball that sunday,then waiting when it will hit 7even pm or so. What of playing rubber band, i thinq i was the champion for that one. Heyi,Good OLD days, if u ask me. ,hmm!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Christmasdon(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
On sundays, we boys of the village will arrange money go out to play big post football ,away matches or home matches you know,by that time i don,t even know whether premier league matches or d Champions League exist. That time we bhoys of that memory where found busy with social life. I can't remember what our girls of that time are doing, very good days gone, when, wife and wives submits herselfs kneeling down presenting food to her husband. Oh, my God.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by FOREXMARTS: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2014

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!

Noob Saibot's brutality was Xcabczxabczz.
Brutalities that i can remember.
XXBCZBCZBXXZ SONYA I GUESS.

xxazzcc-scorpion's combo
Xxa down x
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
we use to watch mojo on my friends dad top loading VCR player. hmmm, when NEPA takes light, we would just carry two spoons to forcefully eject the cassette... those days meeeen.

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Lanceslot(m): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: As an African kid back in the 90's

during the festive period's I and my crew used to get flat planks/wood

drill a small piece of hole on the wood with a 7" nail

fill it with matches cover with a nail and use a wood on the nail to create explosive sounds that were quite loud grin grin grin

we did this for years until a wood exploded and struck a kid on the head about 3years later then we stopped

africans always had a way of inventing things no matter how crude or dangerous it is especially nigerians

same way they had chewed kola and bathed with salt water a few weeks ago

I keep saying this. Should the world get destroyed today the last humans to die off would be nigerians grin grin

we invent anything
Funny! I remember blowing sometime we call kabad back then, all we need was a crown cork, an empty tin of milo and matches. Put a small piece of kabad into the crown corK, add some saliva to it, cover it immediately with the tin and throw light ontop of the tin... Ka booom, the explosive will goes off.lol
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
I almost cried the day I gave out my British version SNES to my much younger nephews. This console was part of my growing up days in the 90's....
I miss the international super star soccer, super mario, super street fighter, mortal kombart e.t.c

and keeper fumbles grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2014

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!

can i get some combos for my MK 2 game on My Galaxy Tablet. My favourite fighters are Kabal and Lui Keng
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
and the bicycles... chopper and bmx.

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Donmichaelz: liar it is xcabczyxabczz... I still av all of em in my head

can i get some combos for my MK 2 game on My Galaxy Tablet. My favourite fighters are Kabal and Lui Keng
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ojinku(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10

Even ''Living in Bondage, Part 1 & 2''
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by dellaziz(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2014

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

1998-2001 rocked!!

NAH noob saibot brutalikty na XCABCZYXABCZYX...

AND NA contra THE ROMANIAN GET SHOT PASS FOR SEGA...from midfield sef na over the bar if u too press SHOT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State. / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.