Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (40814 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by tlanry: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2014
iceberylin: they used to call me Floppy Disk,cause i have a Flat Head grin

Picture or idonbilivit
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Ekebs: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2014
@ saga... long ball, long ball, good header, interception, well tackled, de short, throw in dis.... it was fun
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2014
Then to watch blue film na gbege!!!!!!But now with 10mb I can watch any blue film I like!!!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by cycline404(m): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2014
At op, you really dug some things out o, Shai that lucozade on black and white tv that was like cupboards, got me laughing........ grin

Rice comes only on Sunday's, but now we can all say to God be the glory....

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valicious1(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by archland22: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2014
lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valicious1(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by nikkflexible(f): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2014
The indomie generation babies have really missed alot
grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by iceberylin(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2014
Basterd! tongue
tlanry:

Picture or idonbilivit
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by nikkflexible(f): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2014
The indomie generation babies have really missed alot
grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by evablisse(f): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2014
I watch commando, city of the living dead, sunita etc on vcr. It was so useful. when did I start using cell phone...still thinking, will come back later.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valicious1(m): 11:55am On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
Scorpion fatality!!!!

XXBCZBCZ BBYBY grin grin

De commentator for ISS sega (int'l super star soccer) would shout ''''ROBONTO KALOOS'''!!!! For roberto carlos grin

dose days we de jump govt. College fence from school enta game house evriday
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by iceberylin(m): 11:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Mssteph help a brother
[quote
author=archland22]lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel
like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture
and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good
experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont
know anybody.....please help me![/quote]
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Mbediogu(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10

I cry for those days. I still have those plastic video tapes on films like 90 minutes at Entebbe, Not without my daughter, Escape from Sorbibo, Death wish, Ashanti, Master of the game, Odessa file, Day of the Jackal, Cannon Ball Run, etc etc.
Can anybody direct me to anywhere in the Eastern States where I can get those old svhool films on VCD?

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

I played Sega megadrive 2 die...na me be champion for my area na. For MK3 i dey use Rain and Scopion. For soccer i dey use Italy...that guy wey dey tie bandage for head, him shot too much.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chinex276(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Mehn doze gud old days.
Those days wen u'll carry u #1.50k (one naira fifty kobo) 2 church, u use 50kobo 4 offering nd 1 naira 4 alewa,
doze days wen we do rub and shine (using versline wen u haven't taken ur bath) jus 2 enta mama mercy's room 2 watch film, nd if adults r there u stay @ d window nd peep,
doze day wen we use katakpo (wood) 2 make guns, using matches nd rubber.
Doze day wen if u come last in class, ur mates will reject u lyk some one with ebola.
Doze days wen rice nd stew is only a sunday thing.
Doze days wen u spend d better part of ur holiday in games house, playing sega games (super mario, mortal kombat, int'l super star soccer, sonic, jus 2 mention bt a few)
#mehn childhood rocks.

But welcome 2 d indomie generation where kids think of nothing but 2go nd sex.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
mecussey:

I played Sega megadrive 2 die...na me be champion for my area na. For MK3 i dey use Rain and Scopion. For soccer i dey use Italy...that guy wey dey tie bandage for head, him shot too much.

Na Caboni be that now. grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by zurine(f): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
wow!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by archland22: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
ochejoseph: 1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.
But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.
It was simple
A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !
How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigerians

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/09/7-outdated-technologies-that-had-great.html?m=1
please nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chinex276(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
mecussey:

mehn, if i use scopion or subzero ehmmm... I sure say even d maker of game no go fit win me.
Nd 4 soccer i be correct flop.
#wishing my childhood can be rewind 4 lyk an hour
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by 190theclown: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
valicious1:
Scorpion fatality!!!!

XXBCZBCZ BBYBY grin grin dose days we de jump govt. College fence from school enta game house

I fail JSSCE Because of Mortal Kombat grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by 190theclown: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
mecussey:

grin grin grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!

Konglao is the simplx YBAX RUN YBAX RUN YYYYY

BRUTALITY
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by chinex276(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: please nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!
we av over a million of u in dis con3, bt jus believe God, he see u through.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by kechywillz(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
i remember when my dad used to flog me because of leaving our house door open. Sega mega drive 2,i took the last position in class wen that game was in vogue
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
archland22: please nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me!

You are disturbing this thread thread

go and look for job or start something on your own abeg
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by shunful: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ayomax: condom, now most youth are too stupid to use it, they feel cool having unprotected s3x
true talk
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by mecussey(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na Caboni be that now. grin

hahaha....you catch am...Caboni..if you stay at the edge of that 18 play shot...na goal str8. I use am show guys peppe. Chaii...childhood sweet ohhh. No be today wey every minute man dey think on how to make money..na wao.

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by yashau(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=ochejoseph]1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.
But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.
It was simple
A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !
How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigerians

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/09/7-outdated-technologies-that-had-great.html?m=1[/quote any one who experienced these wonderful era should please press like

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by dayosaurus(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2014

You must know carboni of Italy then

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by valmunich(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2014

It's "he shoots" and "long ball" grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State. / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.