Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? (8395 Views)

I Need Information On University Of Ibadan Postgraduate School! / Info On University Of Maiduguri / I Need Information On University Of Abuja Post Ume For 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Olutola88(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
NeuroBoss: I'm a 2011 graduate of the Better by Far university. The vexation of the Unilorin haters is understandable. I used to hate Lionel Messi when C. Ronaldo was in Man Utd just because the former plays for a rival team when it is all glaring Messi is the naturally most gifted.
Without mincing facts, since 2002, Unilorin held the ace of leadership in Nigerian universities due to the firm legacies and structures of its last two Vice-chancellors.

THEIR GROUSE AGAINST US:
That Unilorin has been in operation 24-7-365 is a banal truth.
That Unilorin is the only Nigerian university where students don't get harrassed by lecturers is also known
That Unilorin pioneered the CBT system of examination and a model to others in ICT is also incontestable. This was done initially to curtail incidences of missing results which is inevitable where more than 500 students offer a course before other things were factored in.
Unilorin has the best e-registration platform.
That Unilorin students don't do Aluta so are presumed subjugated. Pray, where do sane people raise placards against a progressive, student-friendly yet assertive leadership.
That Unilorin happens to be in a Muslim enclave? Hell, I'm a Christian and Ilorin is not Pakistan. Nigerians of every tribe, creed and religion are in the school as students and staff to show its federal structure.

WHO HATES UNILORIN?
These people are in different categories. The first in these categories and infact the most bitter are the unfortunate former students who got expelled due to misconducts (yes, unilorin takes no shit), withdrawn due to overly low academic performance. We call them "Face Tanke".
People in the second categories were unsuccessful jambites and remedial students who tried many times to be initiated into "Better by Far" but were not that lucky and have since allowed bitterness to turn to perennial hatred and jealousy concocting various lies such as tribalism, religion and state of origin as reasons for their woes.
The third are just the pathetic students and graduates of other schools who can't just stand us reel out the uniqueness of our Alma mater in glowing terms. They say, "we too dey make mouth". Why we no go make mouth?
When we start something, they copy it.
In 2008, unilorin started a well-ordered student ID programme that made us to wear our ID cards like co-operate people do. The IDs were so structured that from the colour of the rope, you easily tell which faculty a particular student belongs to. And within a faculty, you can tell which department another is with the colour of the plastic casing. What did the copy-cats see this for? They went agog with starting theirs which is yet still not as sleek as Unilorin's.
As part of our convocation package, the school gives us a beautiful T-shirts with all the names of the graduands on it. Every unilorin graduate wear it on camp as if on cue thereby fostering our bonds, organisation and friendship in camp to their chagrin. Now, they have copied it.
I can go on and on but time and space will fail me.
If you have not had the Unilorin experience, your hate is understandable.
Unilorin is being run as Nigeria ideally is suppossed to be ran- innovative leadership, corrupt-free and a long term development plan.
My SUG presido in 2007 taught us a song which seems to spite the hatred.
It goes thus:
"Lèyin Ilórin kòsí varsity o
alágídí l'omo O.A.U,
lèyin kòsí varsity o,
area boys l'omo Unilag"

The haters have since multiplied from all the regions of the country.
what a stupendous, fantastic, superb, magnificent, mind-blowing and masterly drafted piece. I said I wasn't going to drop epistles but my fellow Alumnus couldn't hold it, he just had to ejaculate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by oluwadanie1(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
As for me, so long I can use that f**king WIFI to always be on nairaland, pay my school fees and others from the comfort of my bedroom, contented with the way my lecturers teaches me, then I have no problem with what anyone thinks about my school...
Shout out to temigracie and yeesh

Probitas doctrina

I Rest My Case

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Spotless180(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dygeasy: Define Tribalism
if unilorin was d only school in Nigeria, i would rather sit at home. pls stop asking childish question ok? i have already made my comment and if it doesn't go down well with u, better do the needful i.e hug the nearest transformer or look for hammer to break ur head.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Dygeasy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Spotless180: if unilorin was d only school in Nigeria, i would rather sit at home. pls stop asking childish question ok? i have already made my comment and if it doesn't go down well with u, better do the needful i.e hug the nearest transformer or look for hammer to break ur head.
This explains why you will continue to sit at home.

I was hoping to hold a really intellectual argumentative conversation with you but you went full-throttle down the insulting way.

God will help you.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Spotless180(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dygeasy: This explains why you will continue to sit at home.

I was hoping to hold a really intellectual argumentative conversation with you but you went full-throttle down the insulting way.

God will help you.
amen. pls i am done here. thanks.
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
I think it's all hype. Electronic Library card? wifi? And others... Which school doesn't have that?
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by adbaba(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
Things re nt 100% perfect in unilorin as pple say,every school has her diff challenges,i bet u unilorin has so many.but in terms of ORGANIZING,unilorin is good.that transforms into every nook&cranny of d school making her BETTER BY FAR!.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Fejos(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Better by S . H . I . T. University.. F. U .C .K.I . N tribalistic and Islamic school..

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by adbaba(m): 9:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Fejos: Better by S . H . I . T. University.. F. U .C .K.I . N tribalistic and Islamic school..
THINGS RE NOT WHAT IT SEEMS 2 U MY BROTHER.
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Lero15(m): 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Unilorin is a great school, not because I'm an alumnus, but because that's reality. But every skl has its poor sides. I believe that of unilorin isnt much compared to most skls in Nigeria.

Everybody go come here now dey represent him skl, even though dem pass through hell & wilderness b4 dem Graduate... grin
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Lero15(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
GoodBoi1: I think it's all hype. Electronic Library card? wifi? And others... Which school doesn't have that?
not all skls.
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by thandii1: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Same old ish..overrated school. You need not rant on every thread to prove you are good. A good name will speak for itself. The fact that you people always try so hard to let people know you are the best shows you have deep rooted inferiority complex.

Ordinary spectrophotometer and water bath, dem no get, their msc students had to contribute money to buy for their project shocked shocked. Na better by far be that

Everyone acknowledges their fast and organised school calender, cool story, but it doesn't in anyway translate to 100% academic excellence. Get that into your better by nothing skulls tongue

Y'all can bite now
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Crocz(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
Olutola88: First, I'll like to give honour to whom honour is due; I doff my hat to the Premier University of Ibadan. I'm doing this because no matter how successful Lionel Messi is, he will still salute Diego Maradona

I know it's normal for people to hate on you when you are a success but the hate non-unilorin students and non-unilorin graduates have for my dearest alma mater is alarming.

Instead of you people to think of how you'll advise your younger ones to dream of gaining admission into the best University in Nigeria, you are there hating for nothing.

Some of the critics say Unilorin rush their students and that they don't use more than two months to complete a semester. This statement infuriates me so much but I try to laugh each time I hear such. For your information, the problem you people are having is that, the Nigerian factor makes you people see what is “right” as “wrong” and what is “wrong” as right. University of Ilorin operates the ideal, standard and logical academic calendar; they resume a new session in September/October and close June/July. Each semester, they have 15weeks of Lectures and 4 weeks is always dedicated for exams. You people feel it is wrong because you are used to using 18months for one session. It's not your fault, it's normal for pauper to accuse the rich of profligacy for washing his hands with Eva water.

Some uninformed ones amongst you say Unilorin students are not sound. That statement always pushes me to hit hammer on someone's head but I always remember the penalty for murder + my Alma mater taught me not to be violent. Whether you like it or not, an average Unilorin graduate is Smart. Regardless of the department they finished from, they never disappoint. I am a proud graduate of the better by far University. whenever I speak in a gathering of intellectuals, the first question they ask me is “What University did you finish from” and the second question is always; “did you finish with a first class” and I always respond with No, I finished with a 2.1.

I would avoid writing an epistle for the sake of lazy readers. Nevertheless I'll like you to tell me of that university that combines the good qualities of a public university with the desirable hallmarks of a private university. In genetics, it is called hybrid. Unilorin is a hybrid university.

What more do you want from a university if the university offers you sound Education, grooms you in character, allows you to plan you life accordingly, gives you access to quality Information & Communication Technology, provides an avenue for a work&study programme, makes available your certificate and Academic transcript a day after your graduation, makes sure you are @ the NYSC camp 4 months after your final papers etc

Even the private universities we have cannot meet that record of making available University Certificate and Academic Transcript 4 months after your final exams.

Why the hate? Why the subjective criticisms? Why not join the winning team? The yorubas will say: “Gba fun oga e ” which means accept that your master is your master. You people should be proud that An exceptional institution like the University of Ilorin is a Nigerian University.

On a final note, If you are not a student or Alumnus of the better by far university, the University of Ilorin, do yourself good by getting one as friend.

Ehhhm...what "primary" did you say you are again?
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by johncozy(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
kolamark: Better by far.........reping i.c.s department.......best in nigeria....Bleep smellos
great!! just got admitted into your department... can u give me ur number pls,need to know alot of tins!!
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by ednut1(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
here we go again. this is totally uncalled for. i graduated from unilorin. except for d strike parols unilorin and oda federal skuls na d same tin in terms of standard. make una bone all dis crap. afterall shell or Chevron wont give u jobs based on skul u went to. whether na covenant oau or unilorin u go. if u sabi book u sabi book noni

6 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by adesina1991(m): 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
ednut1: here we go again. this is totally uncalled for. i graduated from unilorin. except for d strike parols unilorin and oda federal skuls na d same tin in terms of standard. make una bone all dis crap. afterall shell or Chevron wont give u jobs based on skul u went to. whether na covenant oau or unilorin u go. if u sabi book u sabi book noni
that's the real fact

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by wheesin(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
i will only post on this thread when ambali does the needful concerning me undecided ..till then ...fight..break ur head..use bottle..bamboo..stick..knife..hammer..disjoint urselves..fight with the last drop of your sense. angry
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by LBlessing(f): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
NeuroBoss: I'm a 2011 graduate of the Better by Far university. The vexation of the Unilorin haters is understandable. I used to hate Lionel Messi when C. Ronaldo was in Man Utd just because the former plays for a rival team when it is all glaring Messi is the naturally most gifted.
Without mincing facts, since 2002, Unilorin held the ace of leadership in Nigerian universities due to the firm legacies and structures of its last two Vice-chancellors.

THEIR GROUSE AGAINST US:
That Unilorin has been in operation 24-7-365 is a banal truth.
That Unilorin is the only Nigerian university where students don't get harrassed by lecturers is also known
That Unilorin pioneered the CBT system of examination and a model to others in ICT is also incontestable. This was done initially to curtail incidences of missing results which is inevitable where more than 500 students offer a course before other things were factored in.
Unilorin has the best e-registration platform.
That Unilorin students don't do Aluta so are presumed subjugated. Pray, where do sane people raise placards against a progressive, student-friendly yet assertive leadership.
That Unilorin happens to be in a Muslim enclave? Hell, I'm a Christian and Ilorin is not Pakistan. Nigerians of every tribe, creed and religion are in the school as students and staff to show its federal structure.

WHO HATES UNILORIN?
These people are in different categories. The first in these categories and infact the most bitter are the unfortunate former students who got expelled due to misconducts (yes, unilorin takes no shit), withdrawn due to overly low academic performance. We call them "Face Tanke".
People in the second categories were unsuccessful jambites and remedial students who tried many times to be initiated into "Better by Far" but were not that lucky and have since allowed bitterness to turn to perennial hatred and jealousy concocting various lies such as tribalism, religion and state of origin as reasons for their woes.
The third are just the pathetic students and graduates of other schools who can't just stand us reel out the uniqueness of our Alma mater in glowing terms. They say, "we too dey make mouth". Why we no go make mouth?
When we start something, they copy it.
In 2008, unilorin started a well-ordered student ID programme that made us to wear our ID cards like co-operate people do. The IDs were so structured that from the colour of the rope, you easily tell which faculty a particular student belongs to. And within a faculty, you can tell which department another is with the colour of the plastic casing. What did the copy-cats see this for? They went agog with starting theirs which is yet still not as sleek as Unilorin's.
As part of our convocation package, the school gives us a beautiful T-shirts with all the names of the graduands on it. Every unilorin graduate wear it on camp as if on cue thereby fostering our bonds, organisation and friendship in camp to their chagrin. Now, they have copied it.
I can go on and on but time and space will fail me.
If you have not had the Unilorin experience, your hate is understandable.
Unilorin is being run as Nigeria ideally is suppossed to be ran- innovative leadership, corrupt-free and a long term development plan.
My SUG presido in 2007 taught us a song which seems to spite the hatred.
It goes thus:
"Lèyin Ilórin kòsí varsity o
alágídí l'omo O.A.U,
lèyin kòsí varsity o,
area boys l'omo Unilag"

The haters have since multiplied from all the regions of the country.
I feel like kissing every part of your post with likes, likes and more likes!

Every time I see a thread bashing my school, I just swerve. I mean, what's the point? I understand. If I were in their shoes, I'd be jealousy too.

They complain about our calendar being too fast, it's funny. The thing with us Nigerians is, we're so used to things being done wrongly that, when we sight a change, we believe it's abnormal.

#BetterByFar

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by tolutweety(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Temigracie ,yeesh,Lero15: i see u all

I rep Probitas Doctrina - Better By Far !!

Class of '12, electrical engr. Block 8 & 9.

To all: If you are not a unilorin student,pls do yourself good by getting one as a friend!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Lero15(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
tolutweety: Temigracie ,yeesh,Lero15: i see u all

To all: If you are not a unilorin student,pls do yourself good by getting one as a friend!!!

bro u too??!!
Wow...2012 Civil Eng.
How come I never knew
Reveal thyself grin grin
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Claroo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
dollyptosh: abi oooo, all these naija schools are all the same. Any small thing, you see 'better by far'
No mind dem...too much noise
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by tolutweety(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
Lero15: bro u too??!!
Wow...2012 Civil Eng.
How come I never knew
Reveal thyself grin grin

Tolu (surname withheld)
Electrical engineering. (scholar)

If u still don't get, pm me.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Lero15(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
tolutweety:

Tolu (surname withheld)
Electrical engineering. (scholar)

If u still don't get, pm me.
I sabi u now...I guessed right.
So Good to have my padi here...
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by timpaker(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
tolutweety: Temigracie ,yeesh,Lero15: i see u all

and what's the benefit of having one? Oops! I have one already. Jheez! Awesome, I've learnt a lot from you believe me

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by tolutweety(m): 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
Lero15: I sabi u now...I guessed right.
So Good to have my padi here...

Reveal thyself...
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by tolutweety(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
timpaker: and what's the benefit of having one? Oops! I have one already. Jheez! Awesome, I've learnt a lot from you believe me

wink cheesy

Same here!

1 Like

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Olutola88(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
ednut1: here we go again. this is totally uncalled for. i graduated from unilorin. except for d strike parols unilorin and oda federal skuls na d same tin in terms of standard. make una bone all dis crap. afterall shell or Chevron wont give u jobs based on skul u went to. whether na covenant oau or unilorin u go. if u sabi book u sabi book noni
sir, is going to school only about getting a shell offer or Chevron offer?
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by walex2bad(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2014
Spotless180: unilorin is nt a school. tribalism reigns there and they are too full of themselves. it is not a school worth going. nonsense.

Tribalism, How?? The Easterners that are there, are they aliens?
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 06, 2014
there is no diference bet unilorin and all those advanced secondary schools aka private schools.....na children full there....i hear say girls no fit dress sexy for d schl sef....una b children 4 there
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by Bhummieluv(f): 3:15am On Sep 06, 2014
grin ;DEverly reppin beta by far uni... grin
Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by ayawori(m): 4:46am On Sep 06, 2014
Well I'm a fresh graduate of Unilorin. Computer Science dept. Well compared to experiences I've had visiting other schools. I wont advise anyone to go to Unilorin. The facilities r inadequate. The CBT examination doesnt create a level assessment ground for students due to students answering different sets of questions. The SUG is dead and corrupt, they cant stand up to d authorities on anytin. The only thing is dat Unilorin doesnt go on strike. I just wish people will realise that unilorin was ranked first based on webometrics which is just based on its activities online and not things happening on campus.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hate On University Of Ilorin? by ednut1(m): 6:36am On Sep 06, 2014
Olutola88: sir, is going to school only about getting a shell offer or Chevron offer?
before i came to unilorin i went to college in UK. and i cant tell u. the standard of our education is crap. we jst go to skul and cram and learn expired tins. lecturers use same note for 10 years . baba leave dat thing. where our skulz dey for world ranking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Mind Blow Facts I Bet You Never Knew About / JAMB 2018- Simple Guides As UTME Begins On Friday / How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.