Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50222 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Like I said earlier, this is just on a natural level.

I know God give spouses, kids, and of course preferences.

But again, He knows the best

damiso:

You are right sha guess everyone has preferences. But this thing is just time and chance and God's timing for us cos it could go the other way if we are talking about children's ages and doing stuff with them..I know someone who had her first child at 37 so yeah she will be still going to secondary school PTA at 50 too when at that age some women's children have all graduated university so its not necessarily a gender biased thing.I even have a friend who is 3years older than her husband so it could even go the other way too.

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Abrilla(f): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Travel more and you go see
beeevan: 10 years isn't that bad but I prefer someone closer to my age, 5 years difference is perfect for me.

This women age faster than men talk doesn't hold water anymore, it's been long I saw a woman that looks older than her husband, some men even looks so old that you wonder how that pretty young thing accepted to marry them,oh..the pocket I guess.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Odilafta: Personally,I dig older guys lets say from 4 to 10 years older...For a person of my kind,I wouldn't tolerate my age mate because I know the kinda shows "they" run at the supposed age...

The thing is,I like someone with experience,someone I can learn from (I'm not saying there's ntin to learn from my mates but I want more) and not the regular "xkuagtdagmtjpa" we see these days.

I don't think thr older here is like 4yrs, 5yrs etc.

If I remember correctly,people with 5yrs difference are regarded as age mates
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by beeevan: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
Abrilla: Travel more and you go see

Nope, i prefer to stay where I see something worthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
beeevan:

Nope, i prefer to stay where I see something worthy.

Lol!

See no evil; hear no evil

@Abrilla: do you think it is just the age diffrrence or other factors?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
bellong: Efe and Jenny will always find a way to bring in kpekus to discussion.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol! Abeg don't start jor. cheesy

moca: Na lie oh!
Who said younger guys don't know how to rock a woman in bed?
Some lv it hot and steamy(only virile young dudes can meet up to that challenge)
When his energy don dey deplete, mine go join too and we will slow down.
Abi don't we know that d older the man gets, bedmatics will reduce?
Nashville be prepared oh!(Don't say I didn't tell u)
Some will even start using drugs.
And the fear of heart attack abounds also.
Shepke I discovered dey go market well for older guys here. Heard it helps a lot.

Babes, we're talking quality over quantity.

Older men know just how to 'handle' their partners and push the right buttons. It takes real expertise for a man to hold off, whilst gradually coaxing, teasing, and bringing his partner with him to the heavens...without 'letting go'. They know just how to take their time and do it 'slowly'.

Most younger dudes are just too into themselves & vain to realise that it's not just about them or what they want. I'm even remembering Jenny's comments about a young, fit, athletic dude with a killer body to die for - who was rushed into her A&E department for cutting his hands or something...but was most concerned about not being able to go to the gym because of his 'injury'. grin grin grin

Jenny, abeg come finish your story cheesy cheesy
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by beeevan: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

See no evil; hear no evil

@Abrilla: do you think it is just the age diffrrence or other factors?

Yesssooo!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lmao grin cheesy
mako007: shocked shocked shocked you're married?? Wat kinda place is NL, I'm not hitting on nobody again. It's done

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin grin

Efe and Jk, what have ye to say for yourselves? tongue cheesy

Traitor! You should be covering my back, not throwing me out to Bellong & co. the wolves! grin grin

jennykadry:
I said nothing,. Efemenaxy is the culprit here cheesy. I have since repented. I am a new being Sir. I only said that older men are more experienced in the bedimatics business. The older men get, the more sexually satisfied they are...i.e. it changes from quantity to quality but some young gals and boys know this not. lipsrsealed

shocked shocked shocked

You're even worse than Ile! cheesy cheesy

jennykadry:
Nothing to say ma. I will let Efemena do the talking the minute she comes up for air after explaining the number of thread counts in the sheets to Mr EfemenaXY lipsrsealed. Intel has it that she finds the sheets very comfy while her oga finds it very uncomfy, so Efe being the good wife that she is has decided to take Mr Efe on a 'lying' ride under the sheets for him to feel the smooth 100% cotton sheets. Don't be surprised if she speaks in parables...some of us understand. It's either she's helping her children with home work or she is taking the last baby to school.....all na the same...she is away for a period of time and knowing the kind person she is......no delay goes unrewarded
She will be here soon.

Ah Jenny, these 'little' rewards are just the fuel some of us need in order to face hectic weekdays na. Don't begrudge me jare.

Lol! You still remember my shenanigans with sheets? I don learn now. Not everything that glitters is gold. Cotton sheets definitely provided the much needed friction, unlike silk sheets. We can't afford to fall off the bed at our age now, can we? grin grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
chineloSA: Having dated a guy way older than myself, I would NOT advice any young girl to date a very senior guy. I worked for him after University and he gave me a headstart in life, BUT in hindsight, I feel my life could have turned out differently if I dated my age mate.

smiley Yes I did not experience any abuse, but OLDER MAN come with an amount of challenges. Just to name a few:

1. He has lived his life way before you met him, so he has been there done that and knows it all. Which can be challenging when you are still young and have not experienced life.
2. He possibly has children from previous relationships ( Unless you have no problem being a step mom ).
3. Your developmental stages are likely not gonna be in sync. ( thereby experiencing boredom, being caged, decisions being made for you ( whether by choice or not) etc.
4. Less 'US TIME' especially when he is in business, as he is busy pursuing businesses and trying to bring stability to you ( imagine marrying someone like Dangote, he is a billionare but still pursuing his business interests and have less time
5. Older people automatically baby younger ones. So he is likely to baby you in a lot of ways that you will see and cant see.
TOO MANY TO MENTION

The advantages are
1. Financial security
2. Safer and calculated decisions being made for you through his constant financial advice etc.

When we say older men, we aren't referring to men old enough to be our fathers or grandfathers...which seems to be what you've described here...

bukatyne:
Lol!
You have one beautiful job description of a hardworking husband grin
That migh be one reason why women age drastically more than their hubbys.
Happy sunday

Oh that! cheesy cheesy

Ah, but that was describing how it was a couple of generations ago naw...all that grinding, fetching, carrying, cooking, farming, et al...

If I was born then, I most certainly would advocate for a couple more co-wives to help ease the burden sef. (that's where Cococandy and Carefreewannabe go come in handy... cheesy ) I probably would have been into pottery / mat making or even been a successful fish seller. Infact, anything to beat farm work.

And yes, older man again it would have been for me too smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
cococandy: Forehead of life. wink wink cheesy

Enough prosencephalon.(Cerebrum)
smiley pros = diencephalon(inbtw each hemisphere) + telencephalon (cerebrum)

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
bukatyne: Like I said earlier, this is just on a natural level.

I know God give spouses, kids, and of course preferences.

But again, He knows the best

He sure does
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

When we say older men, we aren't referring to men old enough to be our fathers or grandfathers...which seems to be what you've described here...

Oh that! cheesy cheesy

Ah, but that was describing how it was a couple of generations ago naw...all that grinding, fetching, carrying, cooking, farming, et al...

If I was born then, I most certainly would advocate for a couple more co-wives to help ease the burden sef. (that's where Cococandy and Carefreewannabe go come in handy... cheesy ) I probably would have been into pottery / mat making or even been a successful fish seller. Infact, anything to beat farm work.

When you say older, by how many years?

If the wifey is 24 & hubby 29, the hubby is older while techncially her age mate/grade

I saw someone mention 4yrs diff as older men

@what age do you think a lady can marry to put very thing in perspective.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
bukatyne:

When you say older, by how many years?

If the wifey is 24 & hubby 29, the hubby is older while techncially her age mate/grade

I saw someone mention 4yrs diff as older men

@what age do you think a lady can marry to put very thing in perspective.

Impossible to say as it really depends on a lot of factors such as the environment in which they find themselves, culture, attitudes, and even the perspectives of the couple involved.

What I can say though is that I'll be hard pressed to believe a lady marrying a man (for the first time), old enough to be her father or grandfather, would be doing so out of 'love'. It just has to be based on finance. My opinion.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Impossible to say as it really depends on a lot of factors such as the environment in which they find themselves, culture, attitudes, and even the perspectives of the couple involved.

What I can say though is that I'll be hard pressed to believe a lady marrying a man (for the first time), old enough to be her father or grandfather, would be doing so out of 'love'. It just has to be based on finance. My opinion.

Ok,

When you say older men personally, what age range were you looking at?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
bukatyne:

Ok,

When you say older men personally, what age range were you looking at?

7 - 10 years.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
smiley.
EfemenaXY:

Oh that! cheesy cheesy

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by kilokeys(m): 2:32am On Sep 08, 2014
female - 14, male -24 ( gross misconduct )

female - 25 male -35 ( perfect)

personally its d wisest decision. u can't have two pple displaying madness at the same time..

scenario of same age couples:
1. laying in bed pinging friends at d same time
2. entertaining fellow agemates as friends (sounds like aa hostel )
3. stupid arguments on which singer is better, wizkid or davido...
and many more rubbish

scenario of a ten-year gap
1. He overlooks her childishness (if she is)
2. She wouldn't wanna displease him (respect)
3. He has better things doing than pinging and lolling and lwkmdying at d dead of d night.
4. they argue less and debate more ( facts are proven in debates)
5. there is something romantic abt seeing a Man older than u trying to flirt and tease and please u when he needs some hmmm. (na babes tell me o)
6. He is most likely more financially stable
7. She is likely to be in her most fertile stage in life.

most importantly.. ill like my lady calling me, daddy.
esp. during the hot sessions.

na with sleep eye i write this post o... views fit xhange when my eye don clear.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EfemenaXY: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2014
^^ Haha!

Your crazy but true post!

Lol @ scenario of same age couple lolling, lwkmdying at the dead of night, and displaying madness! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Mosesnwa(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
The age gap is too far na haba.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by princeonx: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: i meant 2 say i apprec8 ur response, i'm having d challenge dats y i asked, ur comment was wat i needed.
You're having a challenge on who to marry and you think its strangers online/www/NL that will advise you right?
IMO, any man or woman that need advise about who to marry is not old enough to get marry! 10yrs apart or 50yrs apart!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by valmunich(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Age is just a number when the love is there
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by oludashmi(f): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Would you rather be happy with a matured man that rub pancake and smile in public but be battered by a young guy?

The ball is in your court if numbers matter to you than happiness.

'NigerianHeadlines
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by MrDoGood(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ovaiegbe:
Haba, is it wrong to eat overnight soup? Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot six days old.
Na your choice.
see poem.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good!!!!!!!! No drama!!!! And if he causes too much drama, you just exhaust the remaining strength he has by doing what you do well. If you know what I mean! smiley I'd make any 'old man' feel like he is twenty years younger. I'm just naughty and playful. tongue wink
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by BizBloke(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
njokusboy:

Yes, women prefer older men....

But it depends on boys your age you meet... maybe boys your age in your neighbourhood are certified jerks.. my cousin is 26, women his age and younger feel intimidated around him...

I for one, all the ladies I have been with recently are older, funny thing, they don't know my age, they don't bother to ask...

Another thing,most women my Age I know are too needy, talk to them today, tomorrow they start saying "I love you" and thinking marriage...

The reason why women Basically marry older men is because older men are invariably more successful especially financially...
Funny thing is, once you are established and responsible, they assume you are more matured...

Dis age thing is funny, I'd agree with the man who said it is just a number....

Women generally date/marry more successful men , more successful men are invariably older than they....

*nodding my head* Great and funny explanations.

At last paragraph, you're right to a very huge extent.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Debbiemma(f): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Age is neva an issue in marria,what matters is love
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cheddahboy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
Marrying before the age of 30 is like leaving the club @ 10 p.m... Story for the gods!!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by BizBloke(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.

Totally!

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by PastorOluT(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
McWhillion: Why not, my wife to be is still in junior secondary school grin

child abuse!

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Vewi vewi good cause women fade so quick like that LUX singlets igbo boiz are selling up n down in Nigeria wink
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by BizBloke(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.

It may not be objectively wrong - in actuality, it's not. But subjectively, it is.

No matter how old both parties are, I'll still think - somewhere in my freaky head that this old man is child-abusing this young lady. Long sentence short, I can't deal. Still subjectively, I'd prefer getting married to my peer, more like my age mate or... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.