Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . (4898 Views)

Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test / Breaking: President Appoints Malam Nuhu Ribadu, Mr Peter Obi As Ministers! / Official:Mr Peter Obi Has Won the Anambra State gubernetoral Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by ifyalways(f): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2008
First off,am sorry for mistaking you as the thread starter.the names somehow looks alike.
i dont have to read all of kobos replies,its of no relevance to the topic here.So simply cos u dont agree with him on other threads makes whatever hes saying here irrelevant
Lastly,i care less about your mood,pull down the skies if you can.Tsk !
c33b33:

go and read all his replies to threads before you start typing replies and please i did not start the thread!am in a very good mood today!
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by romeo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2008
LoL!! Peter can be a failure just like Gbenga and Co. The crop of politicians we have today are not really what we need to move that country forward.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by lucabrasi(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2008
@post
lets remove tribal sentiments and just objecively say the truth that m obi like all other governors in nigeria save lagos that i know of has failed
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Nov 03, 2008
c33b33:

go and read all his replies to threads before you start typing replies and please i did not start the thread!am in a very good mood today!

So somehow the questions being posed, you do not see? All you see is that you can read between the lines as you choose and that somehow means you have it all wrapped up? Come on!! Answer the questions or allow me be.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by asha80(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2008
@lubacrasi
What do you mean except lagos governer Fashola?Is he not a politician or a governor with a nigerian blood?Is he from jupiter?

Okay i will tell you that Governor fashola is a failure and i will tell you a reason.Which one is more important to the average or poor lagosian;(1)repairing of the poor roads in lagos or planting trees?why not use the money used in this b
                                          eautification for the repair of these roads.
                                         (2)destruction of peoples means of livelyhood all in the name of beautification and removal of il
                                          legal structures without giving these petty people an affordable place to stay(do not tell me
                                           about lock up shops that their rent is way beyod the rich of these people).
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
Well, I don’t think failure is the word to use for Governor Peter Obi. Of course he hasn’t met the expectations of the citizens, and he is sure claiming to have done much more that he has actually achieved, but I still wouldn’t call him a failure.

Of anything, his idea of multi-Sectoral governance is admirable. Even though it’s a bit difficult for him to pull it off, it’s quite a brave thought.

Of course the fact that he accepts the advice of citizens, and actually carries communities and town unions along is a good thing. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, a participatory budgeting structure is in place.

Also, I’ve never seen a government so prudent and careful with the people’s funds. Many of his own people are against him because he has refused to ‘share the money’.

But I think the man is making a huge mistake because despite his best and good intentions, it’s a pity that he is not delivering. All over the state, there are cases of bad road constructions, abandoned projects wrong siting of projects. I still wonder how you’ll supply computers to a school without security, electricity and even good roofs.

When we voted for him, we believed him to be the saviour, who will deliver us from the Ubas and others. But now, I’m just not sure anymore. Andy Uba might not be the best role model, but sometimes I wonder if he would have performed better that Obi is doing right now.

Of course we’ll never know. . .
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2008
asha 80:

@lubacrasi
What do you mean except lagos governer Fashola?Is he not a politician or a governor with a nigerian blood?Is he from jupiter?

Okay i will tell you that Governor fashola is a failure and i will tell you a reason.Which one is more important to the average or poor lagosian;(1)repairing of the poor roads in lagos or planting trees?why not use the money used in this b
                                         (2)destruction of peoples means of livelyhood all in the name of beautification and removal of il
                                          legal structures without giving these petty people an affordable place to stay(do not tell me

Lol,  Over two pages now and you have yet to give just one reason why you do not think Obi a failure but after just one post from someone on Fashola, you have been able to produce two annd I know if you had time, more reasons why you think Fashola a failure. Is it that you do not have a clue what Peter Obi is really doing or not doing, but felt the need to join the crowd is stoning the @Poster?? Roflmao

Ujujoan:

Well, I don’t think failure is the word to use for Governor Peter Obi. Of course he hasn’t met the expectations of the citizens, and he is sure claiming to have done much more that he has actually achieved, but I still wouldn’t call him a failure.

Of anything, his idea of multi-Sectoral governance is admirable. Even though it’s a bit difficult for him to pull it off, it’s quite a brave thought.

Of course the fact that he accepts the advice of citizens, and actually carries communities and town unions along is a good thing. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, a participatory budgeting structure is in place.

Also, I’ve never seen a government so prudent and careful with the people’s funds. Many of his own people are against him because he has refused to ‘share the money’.

But I think the man is making a huge mistake because despite his best and good intentions, it’s a pity that he is not delivering. All over the state, there are cases of bad road constructions, abandoned projects wrong siting of projects. I still wonder how you’ll supply computers to a school without security, electricity and even good roofs.

When we voted for him, we believed him to be the saviour, who will deliver us from the Ubas and others. But now, I’m just not sure anymore. Andy Uba might not be the best role model, but sometimes I wonder if he would have performed better that Obi is doing right now.

1) How long has he been governor in that particular state?

2) careful with the people's money? Sounds like what people claim yar adua did while he was governor of Katsina state.

3) Multi-sectoral governance? Considering how long he has been a governor, why is he having a hard time turning this "good" idea into reality? I mean so we can log it as an accomplishment and no longer an idea. I mean have we ever lacked good ideas when it comes to what and how to go about fixing the problems?

4) When you say he accepts the advice of people, what do you mean? That he has been giving the people what they want? Good roads, clean water and the likes?
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by grafikdon: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2008
Ujujoan:

I couldn't help but laugh at the''computer in a roofless school''. . . priceless comedy.  grin  grin These clowns will never stop to entertain us with their idiocy. I believe peter Obi is hiding under the past political turmoil in Anambra to rob the people blind. His play on the peoples' sympathy and their disapproval of the Uba maggots is repulsive. I heard he is ''trying'' but for crying out loud. . . they've been ''trying'' since the beginning of time.

99.9% of our looters. . . ermmm leaders are a bunch of hopeless, shameless, trifling malevolent criminals and mass murderers. The day they  spend 10% of their allocation on development will be the last day of the world. . . I can put all my life savings on that. . . heck even my life since I probably won't live to see that ''glorious'' day. I cringe when I think about how far we could have gone with leaders who are actually human. shocked shocked

I remember when  we moved to a 3 bedroom  apartment in Awka back in '91. We didn't have any water storage tank because there was 24/hr water supply. The Water Board technicians were always swift in fixing ruptured pipe to sustain the uninterrupted water supply. Electricity was a little epileptic but we were always sure of at least 20 hrs of uninterrupted power supply daily and sometimes 24 hr uninterrupted power supply for a few days, especially on weekends. NONE of these things exist in 2008. . . NONE!!!!!!!! NONE!!!! NONE!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

This is a very retrogressive country. They are all failures. . . peter Obi and the rest of the 35 members of the slowpoke gangsters. If anyone thinks otherwise, they will have a herculean task convincing me. . . because I give up on these people before they are elected and I have never been WRONG. Sure, you can call me a prophet of doom but we all know how the cookie crumbles in the jar of the  ''house of the national cake". . . just that a lot of us pretend we are inhaling cologne from France when it is actually the putrid stench of a corpse. cry

Does anyone remember that slowpoke Chinwoke Mbadinuju "Da Jesus Gangsta"? This is the slowpoke who came in all ''Jesusified'', shouting hallelujah to Da Lord above and even enforcing morning 'prayers' in government parastatals, not minding that everybody in Anambra state is not a Bible wielding-demon stomping-incantation chanting-tantrum throwing Christian. I wrote him off immediately because that "Jesusification'' was a very 'transparent' smokescreen. We all know how the cookie crumbled. I remember people hailing him as the "Messiah" to the detriment of my brain that nearly exploded because processing such magnitude of imbecility was too much of a burden to the poor brain. . . angry angry

I think for the sake of your sanity, you all should desist from thinking about the leaders and whatever drives them to the road to heel. it is good for your health if you do this for two weeks or at least, twice a week. wink
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2008
well, at least he starts with giving em computers. What about Enugu's deal to give the same sort of schools with no computers and nothing in place, free WIFI?? roflmao!!!
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by asha80(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
But quite frankly i think nigeria don spoil beyod repair sad
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by hollandis(f): 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
Peter obi is more of a talker than a doer.Fact his he can't perform,truth is he has failed.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by cbravo(m): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2008

I LIKE YOUR COURAGE 4 LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT OBI IS NOT REALLY THE 'SAINT' HE CLAIMS TO BE .WITH PEOPLE LIKE U AM BEGINING TO BELIEVE THAT ONE DAY WE SHALL VE A FEMALE PRESIDENT.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

1) How long has he been governor in that particular state?

2) careful with the people's money? Sounds like what people claim yar adua did while he was governor of Katsina state.

3) Multi-sectoral governance? Considering how long he has been a governor, why is he having a hard time turning this "good" idea into reality? I mean so we can log it as an accomplishment and no longer an idea. I mean have we ever lacked good ideas when it comes to what and how to go about fixing the problems?

4) When you say he accepts the advice of people, what do you mean? That he has been giving the people what they want? Good roads, clean water and the likes?

1) He has been Governor for 2 years +

2) I don’t know about that, but I do know that his government is not the business as usual we are used to here in Nigeria.

3) Yea, that’s the problem. Even two tenures (8years) will not be enough for such an approach to development. There are just not enough resources for that – Build all the roads, schools, primary health care centers, water and everything. I prefer the one thing at a time Ngige used; at least he has something to show for it. Obi in his attempt to improve every sector is becoming a Jack of all trade, master of none!

4) The Governor has meetings with all the Town Union heads in the States, and they give him priority projects for each community, which he does within the year. Of course he can’t do everything, but he does some things. Don’t expect Anambra State to become CRS in 2 years. It’s just not possible. LAst year, he gave all the communities in the State 1million Niara each during the Xmas break, to do a temporary repair of roads for Christmas travels. Thats the first ever in the History of the state.

What I don’t like about him is the propaganda stunts he pulls all the time. The guy too dey make mouth and 30% of the things he claim to have done are lies.

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2008
Does anyone remember that slowpoke Chinwoke Mbadinuju "Da Jesus Gangsta"? This is the slowpoke who came in all ''Jesusified'', shouting hallelujah to Da Lord above and even enforcing morning 'prayers' in government parastatals, not minding that everybody in Anambra state is not a Bible wielding-demon stomping-incantation chanting-tantrum throwing Christian. I wrote him off immediately because that "Jesusification'' was a very 'transparent' smokescreen. We all know how the cookie crumbled. I[b] remember people hailing him as the "Messiah" to the detriment of my brain that nearly exploded because processing such magnitude of imbecility was too much of a burden to the poor brain. . . [/b]

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

The only people hailing him messiah were the people getting 'returns' from his government. and I tell you, a lot of people did get 'returns' He was imposed on us like all the other leaders.

cbravo:

I LIKE YOUR COURAGE 4 LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THAT OBI IS NOT REALLY THE 'SAINT' HE CLAIMS TO BE .WITH PEOPLE LIKE U AM BEGINING TO BELIEVE THAT ONE DAY WE SHALL VE A FEMALE PRESIDENT.

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by palmwine(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ujujuan

The question is not how long it takes to repair all the filth in the state.

Which of them has he tackled? Even if its one road!
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2008
Ujujoan:

1) He has been Governor for 2 years +

2) I don’t know about that, but I do know that his government is not the business as usual we are used to here in Nigeria.

3) Yea, that’s the problem. Even two tenures (8years) will not be enough for such an approach to development. There are just not enough resources for that – Build all the roads, schools, primary health care centers, water and everything. I prefer the one thing at a time Ngige used; at least he has something to show for it. Obi in his attempt to improve every sector is becoming a Jack of all trade, master of none!

4) The Governor has meetings with all the Town Union heads in the States, and they give him priority projects for each community, which he does within the year. Of course he can’t do everything, but he does some things. Don’t expect Anambra State to become CRS in 2 years. It’s just not possible. LAst year, he gave all the communities in the State 1million Niara each during the Xmas break, to do a temporary repair of roads for Christmas travels. Thats the first ever in the History of the state.

What I don’t like about him is the propaganda stunts he pulls all the time. The guy too dey make mouth and 30% of the things he claim to have done are lies.

Thank you for being honest .

palmwine:

@ujujuan

The question is not how long it takes to repair all the filth in the state.

Which of them has he tackled? Even if its one road!

Very good question. Heck, if he at least looked into maintainance issues with the Niger Bridge, I would actually call than a worthy accomplishment.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by palmwine(m): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
For those who needs to know the areas the governors have failed. See the text below. Copied from the posters post.

I guess alot of us are too angry to read cheesy

BUT UNDER THREE years OF HIS ADMINISTRATION PEOPLE FELT THE IMPACT OF HIS GOVT DESPITE  THE CRISIS.HOW MANY years HAS OBI  STAYED AND WHAT IS THE CONDITION OF OUR ROAD?-HE PROMIED FIVE INDUSTRIES WE VE NOT SEEN THE FOUNDATION OF ONE.-HE PROMIED TO EMPLOY FIVE MILLION YOUTHS WE VE NO STATISTICS TO PROVE HE  HAS DONE THAT.-HE LOVES THE PEOPLE SO MUCH AND PROMISED TO BRING THE GOVT CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE BUT HE HAS SEEN NOTHING WRONG IN NOT CONDUCTING LOCAL GOVT ELECTION IN THREE years OF HIS ADMINISTRATION.THE ORGANISATION OF AWKA THE STATE CAPITAL IS EMBARASSING ,NO ROADS ,NO PLAN , VERY DIRTY AND THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT IT.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by stanech: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2008
4 all you guys that are asking 4 reasons while @ poster said the slowpoke Obi has failed I want to believe you are not from anambra or you do not reside there. Just pay a visit to the capital Awka and compare it to other capital cities in Nigeria. I was talking with a friend of mine when he (Obi) came into power and these were my exact words "make dem live Ngige make him continue with the work wey e dey do because dis Obi guy be like 419 to me"
I could remember the risk he (Ngige) took with Chris Uba because he do not want to share the state's money with him. Roads were been built and for once I was thinking that it will continue only for this coconut head Obi to win the tribunal case and put the state's development to a halt. Even the projects left by the Ngige Administration were abandoned by Obi.

As I am typing this piece no visible state government contract is going on in Anambra state. Not even one.

In my own Opinion oBi has failed and he should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2008
stanech:

4 all you guys that are asking 4 reasons while @ poster said the slowpoke Obi has failed I want to believe you are not from anambra or you do not reside there. Just pay a visit to the capital Awka and compare it to other capital cities in Nigeria. I was talking with a friend of mine when he (Obi) came into power and these were my exact words "make them live Ngige make him continue with the work wey e dey do because this Obi guy be like 419 to me"
I could remember the risk he (Ngige) took with Chris Uba because he do not want to share the state's money with him. Roads were been built and for once I was thinking that it will continue only for this coconut head Obi to win the tribunal case and put the state's development to a halt. Even the projects left by the Ngige Administration were abandoned by Obi.

As I am typing this piece no visible state government contract is going on in Anambra state. Not even one.

In my own Opinion oBi has failed and he should be ashamed of himself.

Hmn, I wonder where you get your facts from??

Okay wait; the Iyiagu flood chanelization, the new state secretariat complex, the VIP toilets being constructed in the Primary schools in all the communities, the dualization of the Zik's Avenue road, the new SEMA sturcture  . . . oh heck, what am I even saying sef, these are not on-going projects, I wonder what name you have for them 

Anyway, Obi's achievements are not phenomenal like those of Ngige because he is probably spreading the resources to all the sectors unlike Ngige who concentrated on roads. That's obviously not paying off because he's not as good a planner as he claims to be, but hey the guy's not entirely useless.

And point of correction, Nige did not stick his head out for Anambarians, he did it for his own selfish reasons. The man had a stolen mandate, and turned around to bite the fingers that fed him. The only way he could get people's support was to make himself into one Messiah like that. Despite what we all think, Ngige is a cunning and dangerous man. A man who stabbed his friends and truned his back on his brothers. Trust me, I wouldnt want to see Nige back on that seat, even if he promises to transform the state to an Afican PARIS. Because come to think about it, if he eventually gets the people's mandate, he wont have anything to loose then would he? Then he will show us his true colour, and we will wish Mbadinuju was back as our Governor  sad
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by lucabrasi(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2008
Ujujoan:

Hmn, I wonder where you get your facts from??

Okay wait; the Iyiagu flood chanelization, the new state secretariat complex, the VIP toilets being constructed in the Primary schools in all the communities, the dualization of the Zik's Avenue road, the new SEMA sturcture  . . . oh heck, what am I even saying sef, these are not on-going projects, I wonder what name you have for them 

Anyway, Obi's achievements are not phenomenal like those of Ngige because he is probably spreading the resources to all the sectors unlike Ngige who concentrated on roads. That's obviously not paying off because he's not as good a planner as he claims to be, but hey the guy's not entirely useless.

And point of correction, Nige did not stick his head out for Anambarians, he did it for his own selfish reasons. The man had a stolen mandate, and turned around to bite the fingers that fed him. The only way he could get people's support was to make himself into one Messiah like that. Despite what we all think, Ngige is a cunning and dangerous man. A man who stabbed his friends and truned his back on his brothers. Trust me, I wouldnt want to see Nige back on that seat, even if he promises to transform the state to an Afican PARIS. Because come to think about it, if he eventually gets the people's mandate, he wont have anything to loose then would he? Then he will show us his true colour, and we will wish Mbadinuju was back as our Governor  sad

I'm sorry but for the governor of a state,i don't think v.i.p toilets and new state secretariats are laudable achievements,while it ll look good on your skyline and in his speeches its not helping the standard of living of the average anambran and like other politicians its getting priorities wrong,in spite of all his political troubles if that is all he has done or the majority of what he has done then he s a failure.

while ngige had a stolen mandate,i hope you r not justifying the kidnap of a sitting governor or using guerilla tactics in politics,rather than acknowledge his contributions you r justifying  p obi's failures and making excuses for him as well,what has spreading resources or not to do with a governor's failures?
either they spread it or concentrate it in a particular place,inhabitants of the state will know,fashola is concentrating his efforts on the island yet people know he is doing a lot, i really hope this is not the way most anambrans think because if it is then i guess even if babangida decides to contest for governorship and rigs himself in,you shouldnt complain, how can you seriously say that even if the guy will turn anambra to an african paris you  wouldnt want to see him there?
asha 80:

@lubacrasi

well if you can name other governors who are better qualified then go for it!
hmmmn,so is that all he has done?i see you conveninently had amnesia when it comes to brt buses,kai,proposed rail service that he is working on,the independent electricity for lagos indegenes,lekki free trade zone e.t.c
name one country in the world where things are not destroyed to make the city better looking and have a better planned city?even abuja and the masterplan so what r u on about??
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
VIP toilets?? ROFLMAO!!! Is there anything they will not sell people in Nigeria!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

VIP toilets?? ROFLMAO!!! Is there anything they will not sell people in Nigeria!!! ROFLMAO!!!

I know you don't know but VIP in this case is 'Ventilated Improved Pit Toilets'.  tongue
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
Ujujoan:

I know you don't know but VIP in this case is 'Ventilated Improved Pit Toilets'. tongue

NOW WAIT A FRELLING MINUTE. . . You have to be kidding me please!!! In the year 2008, you actually list this as a supposed accomplishment? A ventilated PIT toilet in primary schools is an accomplishment?? KAI!!! Ayeee ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
Well considering the fact that availability of good water is and continues to be a major problem; I don't see anything wrong in using a well ventilated and improved pit toilet as a temprory sanitary measure.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2008
Ujujoan:

Well considering the fact that availability of good water is and continues to be a major problem; I don't see anything wrong in using a well ventilated and improved pit toilet as a temprory sanitary measure.

You do not see anything wrong with spending money, the people's money on this? Sigh!!!

Say, you do not have cable wiring in your house, do you think it would make sense for anyone in this day and age to go out to buy an analog tv then?  Would it not make better sense, in fact, sense to invest that money into wiring up your house and then buying a digital tv instead, rather than spending this much on old stuff which you know you ought not to be wasting money on at this time ?? Which kind Nigeria be this sef?? shocked
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You do not see anything wrong with spending money, the people's money on this? Sigh!!!

Say, you do not have cable wiring in your house, do you think it would make sense for anyone in this day and age to go out to buy an analog tv then? Would it not make better sense, in fact, sense to invest that money into wiring up your house and then buying a digital tv instead, rather than spending this much on old stuff which you know you ought not to be wasting money on at this time ?? Which kind Nigeria be this sef?? shocked

Well, yea sure, the government could invest the money used for the VIP toilets and wait for two more years to be able to provide both water and functionary flush toilet systems . . of course it dosent matter that more lives will be saved from avoidable death as a result of sanitary related illness with VIP toilets while waiting for an extra year to build flush systems into the budget. Oh yes, I forget, why cant we allow the people to continue dying from these diseases, afterall its always been th case right

Jeez what was Obi thinking, trying to create a makeshift healthy environment, when he can allow people to die and invest the money in order to get a more permanent and 'modern' structure undecided
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
Ujujoan:

Well, yea sure, the government could invest the money used for the VIP toilets and wait for two more years to be able to provide both water and functionary flush toilet systems .

There in lies the problem. You assume it will take two years for government to install working toilets in schools and so are willing to settle for less here. Are you for real? Why do we continue to assume everything good is far from us and so it is ok to settle for less? You mean if an average citizen in that same state wanted to have good toilets installed, he would have to wait for two years to get that? You mean the many households in anambra state who today have good toilets had to wait two years to get those?

Ujujoan:

. of course it dosent matter that more lives will be saved from avoidable death as a result of sanitary related illness with VIP toilets while waiting for an extra year to build flush systems into the budget. Oh yes, I forget, why can't we allow the people to continue dying from these diseases, afterall its always been th case right

Yeah!! VIP toilets are way better and more sanitary than the pit toilets they have now. WOOHOO!! Give me a break!! How many people have actually died due to lack of VI Pit toilets? And how many lives have you concluded will be saved by these VI pit toilets? Can we please stop making things up here.

Ujujoan:

Jeez what was Obi thinking, trying to create a makeshift healthy environment, when he can allow people to die and invest the money in order to get a more permanent and 'modern' structure undecided

I still do not understand where you are coming from here. What exactly do you believe the difference is between these VIPit toilets and the Pit toilets before them? How many lives saved by the VIPits compared to lives lost using the ordinary Pit toilets? I mean you have got to let us in on the numbers here. Does adding a window or two really change a pit toilet? Are these pit toilets going to be houses in areas were there are no doors so as to improve ventilation? Or is the ventilation in this case going to be a fan overhead or something? In that case I would ask you why you believe digging a well to source water to more modern toilets would take longer than it would to get electricity to these schools to power the fans.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Gamine(f): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
gua hahahahaha

VIP Toilet.

Naija no go keeeeeeeeee pesin

Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by ifyalways(f): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2008
Ujujoan:

I know you don't know but VIP in this case is 'Ventilated Improved Pit Toilets'. tongue
rotflmao
shocked shocked shocked this is a joke shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided
built where sef?awka abi for Onitsha?
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by stanech: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2008
VIP Toilets in primary schools where there are no chairs and desk. No roof

grin grin grin

I wonder what you call an achievment

If only obi can takle d roads in Anambra state then we would have been singing is praise

He is rather sharing d money with youths and area boys

He has failed Anambrarians full stop.
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by ElosAgos(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2008
I only want to ask you all this question.

Could you have done better if you were Peter Obi and you are in Anambra?
Re: Mr Peter Obi Has Failed . by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 05, 2008
Like i said before in another thread, Obi, like other opportunist and corrupt nigerians who parade themselves as governors has massively failed their sufferhead people in one way or the other. That includes Fashola.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Hunts Pro-gaddafi Fighters In Katsina And Kano / Check Out This Picture Of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Wife / Hilarious Captions Of Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.